Hi Jow Forums

hi Jow Forums,
I live in massachusetts and centerfire rifle hunting (for deer) is not allowed. my choices are limited to shotgun and muzzleloader.
>The shotgun choice is obvious - savage axis in 20ga.
>muzzleloader choice is a bit harder. lots of guns out there in the

Attached: muzzleloaders.jpg (500x300, 102K)

>the literal birthplace of freedom
>being this cucked
holy shit user. you can't even use a durr rifle? holy fuck

Why is centerfire rifles banned for hunting?

probably because the .22s ricochet on the bones and shred up the insides of the animal, destroying all the meat.

Because the sheer air displacement from an ayyy arrr fivteen will explode every deer in 20 yards of it

Because Faggachusetts is run by shitlibs

Never ever in their life shot a "durr" or a rifle.

Also, move to a less cucked state you mongrel.

Why are hunting laws so strange in some places? Its like that in Illinois too. Shotgun slugs and muzzleloaders are a-ok for deer, and even handguns (revolvers or single-shot only) but no rifles for some mysterious reason. Is it because rifles typically have a longer effective range or what? The parts of Illinois out here aren't even populated enough to really worry about accidentally slinging a round into someones house when elmer fudd misses.

>Is it because rifles typically have a longer effective range or what?
That's the justification for it here in Ontario. You can just drive a few hours up North away from the cities and shoot rifles all you want though, so it's only an inconvenience at most.

I've heard it explained as a check against over hunting until local game populations recover. The story being once upon a time hunting was unchecked and people just straight up genocided deer with rifles. Now there's limits until it recovers.

No clue how true that is though

They open up rifles when the population gets too high in Illinois.

Yeah, they open up pistol hunting for the animals here in the south side when the weather gets warm too

>wanting an inline muzzleloader
Get a traditional muzzleloader. If you don't have much to spend it should be a caplock. Don't get a cheap flintlock.

Attached: 1533497858329.jpg (500x322, 16K)

.22 is a rimfire cartridge

In Maryland rifles are banned for hunting in the central part of the state because of the human population density. Unlike most of Marylands gun laws it's not a completely retarded reason desu. And the hunting is better in the areas where you can use centerfire anyways.

>Is it because rifles typically have a longer effective range or what?
If the muzzleloader has a rifled barrel, then it won't have a smaller effective range than a modern rifle. Smoothbore muskets are different though

Center fire banned even if it’s an antique like a Martini-Henry or Trapdoor?

You're forgetting projectile size and propellant. Even using a modern muzzleloading rifle you won't match the range and power of a typical centerfire rifle. And anyone who uses an inline muzzleloader is a cuck.

>And anyone who uses an inline muzzleloader is a cuck.
I honestly don't understand why anyone would buy a muzzleloader with a modern aesthetic. I mean, the whole point of using a muzzleloader today is because they are reminiscent of the past.

In flat and heavily populated states, simply trusting hunters to be aware of what's behind the animal that they're shooting at isn't enough and the states have to take additional measures to make sure idiot hunters don't fire into populated areas. Same reason why some states don't allow hunting with bottle necked rifle cartridges.

That doesn't make too much sense, as too many deer being taken could be fixed by simply lowering the number of tags issued instead of trying to estimate the effectiveness of various guns as a way to balance the deer population.

Attached: really makes me think.png (225x225, 4K)