What is the end- all absolute best gun for home defense, and why is it the shotgun?

What is the end- all absolute best gun for home defense, and why is it the shotgun?

Attached: img_9956.jpg (2816x2112, 3.31M)

gun safety rule #4, retard

But that's wrong. You want a gun with higher capacity like pic related.

Attached: 530201705151229pm16m4rifle-3.jpg (600x400, 94K)

Right, because with the widest variety of ammo and application you can't find a single round you can agree with.
7+1 will drop 3-4 invaders without any issues. If you're blindly bump firing from the hip then you're an idiot and an asshole.

>I will kill one enemy with only two shoots
That's not how it works chump. You shoot not to hit, you shoot to keep yourself safe.

>2 shots of 00 buck either doesn't drop them or you continue firing after they're dead on the ground, getting you arrested for shooting them on the ground through the back

Attached: 30mm assassination.jpg (1024x768, 469K)

What scattergat should i get living in ny. Its for defense against brownos

Wrong

Attached: 356572C3-C71B-4D43-AE94-F9A03B0DB81C.jpg (500x141, 15K)

Should be fine with a plain jane maverick 88 or mossberg 500. Just practice a lot and know what to load in it.

I live on the second floor apartment of a house so id think overpenetration shouldnt be much of a worry

When you are home defense, your highest priority is defending your life, then your propriety. Killing the attacker is irrelevant, your main objective is doing the most effective action to ensure your safety.

Taking this into account, I wouldn't suggest a shotgun. It's big and to use you need to put yourself in a more risky position than if you had a handgun.

>long OAL
>high recoil
>loud as fuck
>low capacity
>easy to short shuck under duress
>somehow best for HD
Why are shotgunfags so retarded? I own one, but you have to be a special kind of stupid to not recognize they're a mid tier jack of all trades for everything except shooting birds and long range shooting.

Pump that bitch hard and no problem

>Right, because with the widest variety of ammo and application you can't find a single round you can agree with.
what is your dwelling made of, dipshit
its drywall and wood
go shoot a shotgun at some drywall and wood and then get back to me regarding penetration

shotgun is a fantastic man-stopper, no question. but not in an enclosed space such as a bedroom
you are literally pants-on-head retarded.

No.4 buck shot buddy boy

165-275 rounds will just bounce off the home invaders

not him but my dwelling is made of concrete so a shotgun is perfectly fine
USA isn't the only country in the world where you can have gunz, but it's the only country aside from fucking Tanzania where you build houses from literally cardboard for whatever reason lmao
>That's not how it works chump. You shoot not to hit, you shoot to keep yourself safe.
so when someone breaks into your house, your plan is to dig a trench, suppress contact with 30 shots and call in an artillery strike on your living room?

unironically a 9mm ar-15 type "pistol" with a supressor

>supressor
No no no

You want people to hear you shooting. First because it can make the assailant run away, second because your neighbors will hear and call for support.

>wanting a fast police response so they get there and gun you down while you're recovering
No thanks

Always shoot to kill if you can claim fear for your life. Otherwise youll get sued by the good boiz family
Is semi auto 20 quage best home defense?

>just watched John Lovell's video

>Always shoot to kill if you can claim fear for your life.
If you are close enough to shot him lethally, there's a good chance you are in range to be shot too.

If it happens, sure gun him before he shoots you. But if you can make him run away by shooting at his direction, even if it doesn't hurt him you still succeed.

If theres no duty to retreat, nig getting ventilated

>But if you can make him run away by shooting at his direction, even if it doesn't hurt him you still succeed.
Good luck justifying warning shots you fucknut.

Well, you can always say you tried to shoot him.

Don't call it an warning shoot.

>sorry, in my adrenalin fueled state i missed

This

What purpose does a warning shot serve? If they're not demoralized by the sound/sight of a gun and a stern verbal command they're probably armed and prepared to use their gun anyway.

No. 4 buck retard
stop memeing about how a shotgun will fuck up a wall harder than a pistol, because it wont.

Or you could actually kill them so they
A: don't come back when you're not home or with friends
B: don't sue you or try to get police to press charges
C: don't mouth off about your place and tempt someone else to stake out your house and steal your guns

There's too many reasons to finish the job. Besides, either they're enough of a threat to justify taking a shot and killing them, or they aren't. There's no middle ground, no warning shots, you shouldn't pull the trigger unless you want them dead, end of story

This

I typically buy 00 flight control wad. I have pic related (Shockwave with brace), a Mossberg 590A1, and a Benelli M4. Recommend me some new bucks to try, what are your favorite 0 and 1 buck loads?

Attached: IMG_20180822_195125.jpg (2160x3840, 2.11M)

Can't bank it off walls and around corners like this bad boy.

Oops.

Can get a guy around a corner. Also scarier

Attached: download (24).jpg (299x168, 10K)

I use the cheapest import 00 geto buckshot and it spreads nicely out of my maverick. I actually like that it spreads more than usual since it's for hd.

I'm wanting to restrict the thread since this barrel isn't threaded for chokes and it's 14". Considering getting it threaded for Benelli chokes though.

*spread not thread

Wouldn't hurt to put an improved choke on, since it's still compatible with slugs.

How's the red dot? I prefer just a bead on shotties.

>marlin 1894 in .44 mag
>marlin 1894 in .357 mag
>marlin 336, winchester 94 in .30-30

Levergats are also a great option that shouldn't be overlooked, often being able to fire pretty powerful cartridges fairly quickly.

Attached: 20180720_230907.jpg (3264x1836, 1.31M)

For home defense a semi auto would be more applicable than a lever action 44.

it's neat, that's just a cheapo thing from amazon for like $47 and I can still see the bead under the rail if it's not working for whatever reason. Very easy to use with both eyes open.

Speaking of shotguns, how much should I be paying for an Ithaca 37? A shop near me has one in 12GA with a 20" barrel for $140. Is that a good price for once?

Check for rust or pitting
Never owned one but for under 200 bucks it sounds like an alright deal

You mean bounce around inside of them

>00 flight control wad
Why not just buy slugs?

>high recoil
Ahh found the child

>Ithaca 37?
LAPD sure loved theirs. Also, Slamfire!

Attached: slamfire.jpg (500x375, 51K)

>long OAL
>low capacity
>easy to short shuck under duress
Must be an 870. Trade it for a Mossy

why is firing nine 30 caliber pellets with each pull of the trigger not good enough for some people? its practically like having full auto. Especially since a fully automatic weapon is firing like 8-12 bursts per magazine anyway.

You shouldn't want anyone dead. You should just want to protect your own life.

What shithole countries do you live in where home invasions are a real possibility?

If I were defending a suburban home in close quarters I personally wouldn't want to be using shotgun. If it were larger property, or spaces weren't so cramped then sure. I don't much see it as tool for job defending a small home.

Shouldn't be shooting unless you're killing. It's lethal force, not sometimes lethal force.

It can occur anywhere. Even if it isn't an inevitability or chances are low or practically minute it is best to be prepared for the unexpected. That's why you keep a fire extinguisher in your home, right? Well at end of day you can take your gun to the range and keep it as hobby and feel assured that your family, your property have perhaps another measure of safety at hand too.

Fires happen all the time though.

>all you need is 8 rounds of 12ga
>all you need is 6 shots
>if you cant kill the deer in 1 shot you dont deserve to own guns
Who the fuck let their grandfather on the board.

>cant happen to me!

Attached: Untitled.png (896x825, 65K)

What kind of swat team anti-terrorist CIA operation do you think it going to reign down terror on you to where you think you can't defend yourself with a 12 gauge shotgun, but can with an AR/AK?

>yeah user you're not fighting the god damn predator
>just limit yourself in capacity versatility and ability to give the criminal a fair fight.
God damn, you sound like such a fucking faggot right now.

>yeah user, don't use a wide spreading, highly incapacitating round such as buckshot to kill an attacker in the first shot, use an ice-picking intermediate cartridge at an extremely short distance
>that way when the highly liberal district attorney wishes to put you in prison, he has further ammunition to do so by calling you a gun-crazed maniac lying in wait with a military grade assault rifle
>don't even think about using what everyone from former military, to shooting legends like Hicock45, to the vast majority suggest using as a home defense weapon in order to keep you safe
>no no no, instead use a gun that requires 7+ shots to hit the torso because you're using a rifle at cqc distances and not the most effective choice of firearms in the world for home defense and sub 50 yard combat

You're literally (literally) retarded if you think you can optimally use an AR, AK, or any other intermediate or full cartridge rifle as a means of home defense, but magically a 12 gauge shotgun is unacceptable and can't keep you safe. You might as well advocate using a full auto 75rd RPK in order to defend yourself, since anything less is limiting in capacity and ability to give a criminal a fair fight.

Also
>limiting in versatility
>a fucking shotgun with the most wide variety of ammunition on the fucking planet

Never said it was unacceptable but you're limiting the fuck out of yourself. You have no idea how 'spread' or 'ice picking' intermediate rounds work, you fear legal repercussions for defending yourself with deadly force, put stock into POG 'i wuz in dah army' faggots opinions and think that suddenly a higher capacity lower recoil rifle is going to make you less accurate.
I'm not saying a shotgun wont work I'm saying there are better options.

You're talk out of your fucking ass. Please go educate yourself.

The best home defense gun is pic related

>allows for retention shooting
>can hold flashlight in off hand
>can hold phone in off hand
>can open doors without fumbling your shit
>never have to worry about the state of your weapon
>no jams, no need to clear the chamber on a bad round
>single-action precision allows you to pick off anybody trying to retreat
>wear a straw hat to court and pretend you're just a harmless good ol' boy
>stopping
>power

it's literally perfect

Attached: 357.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Arizona gun owner here. I have had cops tell me to kill the intruder. Intruders cant testify if they are dead

based

>home defense
>retreating
To where? You don't have to retreat beyond your home un Canada even

tits or gtfo

>elmer keith loads cause bullet setback
>factory rounds with a poor crimp cause bullet setback
>cylinder locks solid
>cant rack the nonexistent slide to clear the goobered round
Sure hope one was enough, kiddo.

Their estate can still sue you for wrongful death.

They can sue you for imrporperly indoctrilizing the gobbldybeth while mars was in retrograde transorbital rotation. Doesnt mean they win.

>IT WAS HER TURN!!

Attached: download (5).jpg (256x197, 11K)

>All these idiots talking about guns.
Just booby-trap your house before bed time.

>ice picking
you best be memeing
a rifle cartridge to center of mass will fuck your shit up. also you have to aim with a shotgun too dumbass, it's roughly a baseball sized spread at HD ranges. Along with this it has disadvantage of being heavier, longer, harder recoil, and having to manually cycle the gun after each shot. a carbine or rifle for HD is your best bet and compromising when you can afford something above a shotgun is fucking retarded. I'de rather use a shotgun than a pistol but there are plenty of long guns that are better.

> Julio breaks into my house with intent to kill and rob me
> a well-placed slug ventilates their forehead
> hidden cameras caught everything on tape

They don't have a ground to stand on.

Booby trapping is a good way of getting into jail.

>Julio breaks into my house with intent to kill
How do you prove that?

Sure. I'll agree with you and that's why we prepare for them. We also insure ourselves for all sorts of disasters unlikely to pass. Why not put that extra lock on the door and keep a firearm on property if it is legal for you to own one?

RULES OF NATURE

>9mm handgun with HD ammo, 16 round mags
>9mm PCC with same HD ammo, 17 round mags
>12 gauge shotgun
>AR15 with 30 round mags

Which one is least likely to get me arrested or deafened? Technically I shouldn’t own >10 round mags or uncucked rifles.

Attached: 29B26BB0-1A5A-4122-BCFF-CBD2E19EB0DC.jpg (709x765, 108K)

maybe if youre a commiefornian

shotguns are really fuddy and retarded juries love them.

suppressed sbs benelli m4 is the best home defense gun.
prove me wrong

>crack. Siiiiiip. The shotgun, now THAT'S a home defense weapon.

Attached: 46d.png (692x390, 200K)

>MotherLoad

Fugg, that was an absolute gem of a game. Thx user

>"im more worried about being attacked by 5-10 well armed and highly motivated attackers willing to run through a fatal funnel after watching their buddies get gunned down in front of their eyes than anything else"
That isn't a realistic concern for most people.
maybe give federals PD #4 buck a try, 34 pellets per pull of the trigger. The clear winner in #1 used to be the federal flight control, but they stopped making it iirc. What folding mech is that?
What? do you think they stay together or something?
>roughly a baseball sized spread at HD ranges
FYI shot spreads out when it hits a target even quicker than when its in the air, of course you should still aim but a shotgun really does increase your odds of hitting a truly critical blood vessel/organ on the first pull of the trigger.
>arrested
Shotgun with wood furniture
>deafened
9mm as long as it's using subsonics
>Technically I shouldn’t own >10 round mags or uncucked rifles.
shotgun all day long.

>allows you to pick off anybody trying to retreat
Retard
This.
Harder without their testimony
It is true that a rifle will fuck you up assuming you're not using fmj target rounds or hunting loads out of a 30-06 at short ranges. And spread matters. Out of an 18in barrel with no choke, you'll have significant spread at 10 yards, it'll fuck shit up.

Also, a maverick 88 weighs 6lbs. A wasr weighs 7.5. Yes recoil is more prominent, but if 12 year old girls can shoot full powered buckshot, you can too. Also, semi auto shotguns exist, and the mossberg 930 isn't overly expensive.

Nothing is compromised using a shotty, both of you are retarded though. Don't think for a second that an AR is suddenly a great HD weapon and shotguns are an outdated meme.

Remington 870, Moss 500/Maverick 88

The Remington is built like a tank, while the Moss(((bergs))) have an allow receiver and can break just from dropping them.

The only semi auto brand you should buy is Benneli, the rest are cheap trash that have lots of miscycles

>hating on the 870

The 870's are built like AK's, the Mossbergs are built like AR's. 870's are better than all shotguns except the M590A1

The military uses shotties for pretty much everything under 25-50 yards for a reason, all the boomtards I know use .357 magnums

Attached: trump doing a drive by.gif (221x371, 1.01M)

/thread
Anyone who says a shottie doesn't work as well as a rifle for home defense is autistic, both work just fine.

i dont about end all or what, but if shit is going down at my house im going for the shotgun. semi auto w/22 round drum. my house will need repair afterwards, sure. but there wont be much left of whoever was dumb enough to try to break in

what the fuck even goes on in iceland wtf

Some states have it that if you cant tell they intend harm, you need to just hide and call police. That said, id rather risk jail than die

I have an opportubity to get a never shot 590 FLEX fpr $400 from a friend.
Good deal?

I live in the US. A country full of niggers, spics and poor people hooked on opoids.
Shut the fuck up. Don't pretend like 95% of the US before the 2nd half of the 20th century wasn't a safe, trusting, cohesive place.
There was a time where you didn't have to worry about having a gun 3 feet away from you at all times and bolting your door up with extra locks.
It was called segregation, family values and closed borders to non-whites.

It all went downhill when we started to let you Irish in.

>wearing a hat
>in court

fucking rube

>being such a onions boy you can't hold a gun with one hand, abd such a poor boi you dont have a two point sling

what about homeless defense?

Attached: a5a4a7fa8d97d6520f2763bf68aac4649c042643.png (600x518, 334K)

I fucking forgot about the şóý > onions global filter

That's a great deal if it's not broken or something. Fudds around here want like 500+ for the stupid things.