Should I get a Shockwave?

I recently turned 18 and I've been looking for a gun that would be somewhat intimidating (inb4 aLL gUnS cAn bE iNTImiDaTIng user) and cheap. I've been having problems with the scumbags in my town I went to high school with that have been sending me death threats, especially after I stabbed them when they jumped and robbed me with a knife (yes, I am the user that made the post with the pic of the kids bleeding shoulder on /b/ a while back). They don't have access to guns because we live in an area where the 4/5 of them are the only ones committing crimes in our whole white town. But they have knives and I know for a fact they won't hesitate to stab the shit out of me since I stabbed them. I wanted to get a shockwave because for whatever reason, people think gang-looking guns (shockwaves look like sawed-off shotguns) are scarier than any other guns. I just need something to deter people from attacking me again. Not really anything that would be practical. I would be getting the 20 gauge variant since I heard these have a tendancy to throw your hand off the grip whenever you shoot a 12 gauge shell out of them. I'd get an AR or an AK but in connecticut there is an extremely long waiting process (around 6 months) to get your long gun eligibility certificate which allows you to purchase rifles.

Attached: mossberg-590-shockwave-firearm-20-gauge-f.jpg (1000x564, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atf.gov/firearms/qa/does-customer-have-be-certain-age-buy-firearms-or-ammunition-licensee
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BuT aLL gUnS cAn bE iNTImiDaTIng user!

if it's for home defense you should be using something with a stock, like the maverick 88

for outside you should be carrying a pistol

>recently turned 18
>PGO shotgun
You're gonna have to survive for 3 more years, son.

>a gun that would be somewhat intimidating
In many states using a gun for intimidation is illegal, even against a legitimate threat
Show your gun only when you're going to use it

The problem with intimidation. Is that it can backfire. You pull out your weapon, show it to them to scare them off, but you never actually shoot it, then they'll know you're just a bitch with a toy trying to intimidate. They'll be back, and they'll get you when you don't have it.

Even IF they get intimidated, if they see you around the town without your Mossberg, AGAIN, you're fucked if they choose to.

So, I'd carry a handgun on me for protection first and foremost, and I would NEVER pull it out for intimidation. All these retards have to do is call the cops, tell them what the gun looked like, and you're in prison buddy.

You're not in the business of intimidating, You're a good guy. You're in the business of pest removal. So you get yourself a real shotgun you can wield easily for home defense, so if they ever come to your place, you can actually aim it properly and finish the fight once and for all.

Don't EVER and I mean EVER bring a gun into anything, if you're not willing to use it.

Attached: 1494822516338.jpg (604x332, 23K)

Fuck off retard this is the 3rd thread today. Get it or don’t. Faggot.

load it with minishells unless you wanna beat yourself up with it

agree with this user, maverick 88 is a nice and cheap shotgun, got one a while back and it's pretty reliable. Plus you would want a stock if you've never fired a shotgun before

Attached: ok.jpg (707x692, 108K)

You can't buy it you dolt, it is classified as a firearm so you need to be 21.

>18 years old
>shockwave
pick one and learn to research
I hope those guys rape you for not being smart

When I say intimidation I don't mean like aiming at fuckers and being like "I'm gonna shoot you if you keep talking shit" I mean just make it known that I have one, which can intimidate people when mixed with my personality that seems emotionless. I'm aware it's illegal to intimidate people with a firearm in most scenerios. I think it's considered brandishing or some shit. I would be keeping it in my car (following all laws while still keeping it easily accessible to myself) whenever I go anywhere. I never really walk around town and when I do, I'm with my crew in the town over where the others don't roam. If I am in a situation where I need to use it, I know for a fact I would, I've stabbed people and had guns and knives to my head. I know every law on when I can and cannot use it and looked into cases thoroughly. I can't own or possess a handgun at 18 in this state without someone who is 21 supervising. If I was at home alone and was forced to use a handgun for self defense, me and my family would get charged with a felony.

In connecticut you only need to be 18 to purchase a rifle or shotgun. 21 for handguns, and technically there is no age restriction for non-NFA firearms just the ammunition.

it's federal not state

>technically there is no age restriction for non-NFA firearms
no there totally fucking is.
its not 21 for handguns though that is the common conception
its 21 for everything with an exemption for 18-20 to buy longguns and only longguns.
if its not a long gun you cant buy it. this includes things like stripped receivers handguns and pgo shotguns.

This. 3 threads is too many, we all say they're shit but you're hellbent on buying this trash anyway.

Yes

Attached: IMG_20180822_195125.jpg (2160x3840, 2.11M)

>>PGO shotgun
>You're gonna have to survive for 3 more years, son.
shockwave is not a shotgun, it's a firearm, you are half correct.
A shotgun is a shotgun whether pistol grip or not, if it's not a NFA item then it's legal to purchase at 18 because it is legally a long gun. Baring misinformed FFL's or seller.

>I mean just make it known that I have one
That's a funny way to write "I'm going to talk about it to everyone under the sun and eventually someone who hears about it will just wait until I'm out of the house and steal my unsecured weapon".
>I'm with my crew in the town over
>I've stabbed people and had guns and knives to my head
Real talk because you are young; quit spending your time with dumb motherfuckers because they will do nothing for you but get you in trouble.
Instead of a shotgun I would advise you spend the money on learning a skill to get a real job or save it to get out of whatever shithole circumstance your family has you stuck in.
If you are dead set on a gun just get a cheap used shotgun from a pawn shop. It doesn't matter what kind. Get one with a stock they are much easier to shoot.

You have to be 21 to buy anything that isn’t a shotgun or rifle.

its a range toy and nothing more. try shooting from the hip with any kind of accuracy. then post your results.

Why even get a gun then? If something happens and you have to walk to your car to grab your gun and then you shoot someone, you will probably go away for murder. You said youre in Connecticut you have a duty to retreat if you life is in danger.

>Gang looking gun
>Looks like a sawed off
>*Bitches about gangs*
Lol ur retarded if this really your reasoning.

Go to a shop and a range and educate your self.
Its because of want be gangsters like you that make people vote for gun control.

Attached: UNILAD-fallout371.jpg (726x378, 16K)

Like I said, I know these are completely different from sawed-offs. When I say "gang looking gun" I mean a sawed off is something that most non-gun people would think it used by gangs since that is how the media portrays it. I know a ton about guns, I've researched them since I was like 13.

You have a duty to retreat in Connecticut if there is a way to get away from a situation where noones lives are at immediate risk. If someone was chasing you or someone else with a knife or a gun, it is justified for you to shoot them. If they pull a knife and stay where they were and you can walk away, then you are not legally allowed to shoot them.

Non-NFA firearms are not regulated, besides default firearms laws. A long gun is a seperate class of firearms, any firearm with a barrel over 16" in length with a stock. A non-NFA firearm is a firearm that does not comply with the definitions of handguns, long guns, or shotguns. These Shockwaves are built from the factory as firearms that do not comply with any of the definitions. If they were to be considered a "shotgun" or "long gun" from the factory then converted to a non-NFA style firearm they would be illegal.

It is 21 for handguns in my state. It's a felony to purchase, possess, or own a handgun in Connecticut. Read the laws.

Non-NFA firearms aren't regulated, therefore anyone that is any age can purchase them on a federal level, as long as you have a dealer willing to sell to a minor.

All you have to do is say they said "I'm going to kill you." then you can blast em.
They don't even need to be armed.

brace kits for shockwaves exist

see?

atf.gov/firearms/qa/does-customer-have-be-certain-age-buy-firearms-or-ammunition-licensee
>Yes. Under the Gun Control Act (GCA), shotguns and rifles, and ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older. All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older.

like youve been saying the shockwave is a firearm and a firearm is not a longgun
therefore he cant buy it

>like youve been saying the shockwave is a firearm and a firearm is not a longgun
whoops
meant a non nfa firearm is not a rifle or shotgun
the only thing 18-20 can buy from a ffl is explicitly rifles or shotguns
any dealer willing to sell is breaking the law probably out of ignorance