Why do people say America has the worst military rations in the world?

Why do people say America has the worst military rations in the world?

Attached: MRE_20071124.png (817x568, 541K)

The old ones were pretty terrible but got the job done. The new menus, especially when you use the heater are pretty good for the most part.

After the early 2000’s they got pretty decent. Some of the new ones are downright good.
Just remeber to throw away the charms

Aside from the Veggie Omelette (which is discontinued), Modern US MRE's are great.

I was always under the impression that they were the best overall in terms of shelf life and quality.

They're made to last long, and dished out at a rate of which one will expire first. You could be eating something as old as your dad.

You could say that about a brick.

There is probably no other army that ever had as many soldiers eat, for so long, prepackaged field rations. Which means more millions rations eaten than any other similar stuff. Feed soldiers the same stuff day after day after fucking day and there will be a lot of complaints. Give someone a ration for a couple of days and mess food the rest of the month, and there won't be a lot of anguish.

Because most people don't know that some armies put literal cat food into MREs for their Soldiers. Looking at you, Lithuania.

>You could be eating something as old as your dad.
If you were 6 years old maybe.
The oldest mre I ever got was a bean burrito in 2011. The entire platoon gathered around the box when we realized we were looking at a time capsule from the invasions, and the psg just muttered under his breath and opened a new box to ratfuck.

If you think American mres are bad you must tryout out our (Canadian) mres.

A bottle of maple syrup is not a mre.

Who cares? Our bombs are better.

Apologize to the Tsar Bomba.

Attached: Tsar_photo11.jpg (325x255, 91K)

>hur dur BIGGER IS BETTER
kys

russia also has more nukes

Too bad they don't have an equal number of precision guided bombs that they can use in combat without having their country annihilated for doing it.

Let's compare them visually.

Attached: 1488059529164[1].jpg (700x7305, 1.12M)

Attached: 1488059598984[1].jpg (699x7194, 748K)

Idk, all rations are pretty similar in terms of main course. Maybe people call them bad because they didn't like the dessert or tea. Or both.

Even if they had more warheads, which is doubtful, their delivery systems are garbage compared to the US. We would literally laser their icbms out of the sky with sateillites

Because we do. Well, as far as taste goes. As far as actual nutritional benefit and keeping the soldier fed and moving as well as surviving in retarded conditions goes, the US MRE is hard to beat.

Lmao you fucking retard
Tsar bomb was so big before detonation the USSR didn’t even have a plane big enough to drop it. They transported it by rail to its destination. Read a fucking book

Attached: A8D3FF47-E6D5-48B4-8BA6-84E069A584AD.jpg (1080x1260, 180K)

>as well as surviving in retarded conditions
I just want to mention that I found this extremely funny.

One number off

China looks the worse

The brownies in the American rations are literally the best brownies I have ever tasted in my entire life.

They look like plastic, they taste like fucking paradise.

Attached: Fudge Brownie.jpg (1696x1164, 172K)

In terms of intake Japan's looks anemic, but I would be worried in what's actually in the chinese one.

Europeans are the ones that talk shit about US MREs. They might have a point. The best thing I got in my last MRE was the wheat bread.

>ration brownies are the best I've had
You poor bastard.

Euro MREs are absolutely more enjoyable, but there's a reason for that. They hardly ever use them so they can afford to keep a small rotati g stock of MREs that keep for maybe a year and taste better than not. US MREs are designed to be depended on by the unlucky sods serving halfway around the world sitting in the most podunk two-hesco FOB in buttfuck nowhere, Afghanistan. They're designed to be as calorie dense as possible, lightweight, easily prepared, extremely long lasting and survivable in subzero temps as well as "how the fuck are there humans here" heat. So yes, they're a bit shitty to eat but you will stat fed, and fed well.

The dreaded vomlete...

Ration thread?

>comparing 2 per day/24hr rations vs 3 per day MREs

Attached: That_30_year_boomer_vet.jpg (250x229, 14K)

The only difference is quantity of components.

SPICY PENNE PASTA WITH EXTRA TABASCO SAUCE THAT YOU ACQUIRED BY TRADING OFF YOUR CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER SPREAD

You get 3 meals a day with 24 hour rations.

Fair enough. I just remember getting horrible heartburn from their pork patty (basically a McRib) and anything that is combined with cheese in a bag. No jalapenos for me.

infantry love to compare dick sizes by saying their shit is terrible and that they're tough for using it.
>our meals are shit but we still do more than you foreign pussies
>you think that's bad? look at this old ass rifle I got
>wow, look at you with your rifle. Back in my day we got rocks, and there weren't enough to go around so we had to share the rock

any brownie that doesnt have cum in it isnt a good brownie.

Because it's fact U.S rations are dogshit, you get healthier food, and more of it with most foreign rations.

Russian,Chinese,Spanish are the best, in no order.

would eat ukraine

IMPs beat MREs any day.
>Pulled Pork best IMP fight me

Pretty much only Americans say that, because the grass is greener, yadda yadda.
Go try a Czech BDP (where half the weight is salt packets to make the shit edible, and prolonging the best-before date is accomplished by stamping over the original date and taping a notice of "don't eat items 3 and 8" on the package), or worse, the KDP (which is simply a stack of mystery meat cans) and then tell me even the veggie fucking omelet MRE is bad.

French rations are delicious, and they are used extensively since the french constantly have 4-5 foreign deployments in Africa. And are used in most field ops since HQ doesn't want to bother with field kitchens.

>the rest of that rant
So, MREs?

Haven't they literally spent millions developing MREs to not taste like shit?

Food from most foreign MRE's are much fresher as well, Russian MRE's are good for 2 years max before they are discarded and replaced, U.S MRE's are loaded with junk and chemicals that them make good for so long, and why they plug your ass up.

They're more concerned with the 3 year shelf life and calorie density. The shelf life alone is what kept pepperoni pizza off the menu for so long and they JUST figured that one out.