Wear body armor

>wear body armor
>get shot in the face

>wear body armor
>slower and carry less stuff

>wear body armor
>uncomfortable and prone to overheating

Daily reminder that armor is more of a hindrance and liability than a net benefit.

Attached: gadsden.jpg (800x516, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=568iPZ98UYI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>dont wear body armor
>get shot once and die

Not if you aren't trying to move all that much

not if it's a 9mm

mobility should be high on everyone's list
also, aren't modern militaries always trying reduce weight?

They are, but they do so by making armor of lighter, stronger materials, not by completely getting rid of it.

>wear body armor
>user youll just get shot in the face
>have a CCW
>user a criminal will just take your gun and shoot you with it

>don't wear body armor
>get shot once and bleed out then die

Nice strawman you dumb faggot

>wear body armor
>get shot in the femoral artery
>bleed out and die

Nobody has any excuse to not wear at least level 3A soft armor in any situation where they think it's likely they'll encounter combat. It's lightweight as fuck, concealable as fuck, and will at least protect you from almost any firearm someone could have reasonably concealed on their person.

Attached: icon.jpg (288x288, 14K)

Get lighter body armor/helmet and get fucking fit you lazy/limpwristed fucking faggot.

1. Statistically no.
2. Stop being fat
3. After wearing it for awhile it won't be that bad, then see number 2

>JUST GET FIT LOL
It's not that simple retards. Ya being fit is great and always helps, but extra weight over a long period of time is going to be a burden on anyone.

Given how cheap Hesco Level 4's are nowadays, I fully expect that they will start being used by criminals, if that has not already happened. What are some legally available ammo that can defeat it? Or are the people the law actually affects screwed in this case?

youtube.com/watch?v=568iPZ98UYI

Attached: 4440M1[1].jpg (1200x1199, 280K)

And that's why militaries use physical training programs that not only make people fit but robust.

>Legally available AP ammo.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Almost all training emphasizes firing at the center of mass. If you're wearing body armor and your opponent isn't, you'll both instinctively aim at COM (if you've both had some sort of training) but in order to get an effective shot, your opponent will have to stop to aim elsewhere, while you can fire immediately. That split second could be the difference between life and death. Sure this may not be relevant in all situations, but COM is still the largest target with plenty of vitals so it makes sense to protect it.

>much slower
Kek I bet you also believe knights couldn't run or get on a horse unassisted

>if it's a 9mm
A well placed or lucky 9mm can still kill in one shot to COM. Most guns don't outright kill people like Call of Duty anyways. People don't have health bars irl, do die from blood loss, shock, infection, etc

1. It's better than not having any.
2. If shit pops off, its best not to stand out in the open like some fucktard.

I hope this thread is trolling, because this is some serious levels of crayon eating behavior.

>2. If shit pops off, its best not to stand out in the open like some fucktard.
The fuck does armor have to do with concealment and blending in? I'd rather ditch armor and carry more mags/ammo.

Nah I have seen this mentality before, so technically it's not trolling.

Affects you too, glow in the dark. I don't think johnny law typically carries blacktips around.

Attached: m855a1-660x440.jpg (660x440, 62K)

Daily reminder that being so fat you can’t move in body armor is a hinderance.

Attached: 8DDF26D7-04A8-4E44-B138-84F315075092.jpg (602x887, 150K)

Why not do both?
Oh wait, you are a fucking fatass who believes a few lbs of armor is slowing you to a halt, so it's better to be buck naked and eat a fucking bullet.

Militaries, insurgents, terrorists, and rebels have been fine without the use of body armor for a long time. It's not going to do anything against artillery and explosives.

>all these LARPing retards in this thread trying to justify their purchase of AR500

You're all a bunch of fags. More ammo > useless armor

>who believes a few lbs of armor is slowing you to a halt
No one said that you illiterate fuck.

>but what if you get tired
>but what if you get shot somewhere without armor
>but... but... but... what if...

Whatif-isms are the onions-sipping 120lb goobers of argument.

OP is a faggot.

checked

Those aren't what ifs. Those are when and where. Those will happen.

>useless against artillery
>artillery makes shrapnel
>anti shrapnel vest
K

>Reduce weight
>Laughingwhores.jpg

They will make a replacement for your 8 pound armor plate thats twice as tough....and then use 8 pounds of it. Fuck you.

I guess every single competent special operations unit on earth is retarded for using armor.

And body armor protects you from blast injuries how?

>armor is useless
>I don't wanna wear better armor cause it's just as heavy as it was before
We call this mentality "first to die when shtf"

It’s okay you can’t afford plates user, your $400 ar15 is all you need.

Do you enjoy looking at the dust collect on your useless shit that you never wear?

Shrapnel=/=blasts
If it can stop a bullet, it can stop a fragment/shrapnel
Use your brain op
Now having a fucking shell dropped on your head will still kill you, but wearing armour can still save you if you're near a dropped shell that could otherwise kill you from shrapnel

>Imaginary arguments: The Post

Neither one of those things is shit I said, you dumb nigger.

Got a fire extinguisher or smoke detector? Enjoy looking at the dust collect on shit you'll probably never use?

Nice strawman faggot

I use them for selfies all the time.

Attached: AEFBE7DF-96A6-4339-AA59-32A8CBD9504A.png (640x1136, 983K)

I still haven't seen a single argument in favor of body armor. Try harder fags.

Let me shoot you in the chest and then afterwards I'll ask you if you'd have rather have had armor on.

Not really. I want to die anyways. I'd rather do it comfortably without wearing some useless dead weight.

for whatever reason most criminals are too dumb and think body armor is some super illegal thing. most noguns think this as well.

Oh, so you're just a massive faggot that's also afflicted with a severe case of retardation.

Assume we're dealing with actually competent organized crime like a mafia.

>hurr durrr yeah well youre gonna die some day, so why even bother wiping your ass, just walk around with poobutt who cares lole!

As I said. Only dumbasses use this sort of reasoning. I rest my case.

>Carry hollowpoints to mitigate over penetration and potential excessive property damage and/or bystander casualties if I have to use my weapon
>Jamal and his friends going to start using armor now when they come to rape my wallet and steal my wife
>Now have to worry about whether my rounds will penetrate enough

Is it time to start carrying a Five Seven memegun or should I invest in big pene 10mm and blunt force trauma my street trash to death?

Attached: 1505591441857.jpg (654x653, 93K)

Calling something a strawman doesnt make it one. Go ask your redditbuddies for a new logical fallacy to spam, that ones not working.

>user you look like a serial killer
>Just don't wear armour user

Attached: clone7.jpg (640x426, 46K)

I didnt think i was 12 til i lost it at poobutt

AP 5.7 ammo is not legally available anywhere.

I think the real question here is whether or not body armor can save your cock and balls from getting blow/shot off.

It will also still lose to most Level III body armor.

>I'm too retarded to understand fallacies and argue points.

This. I wear mine for work as private security. Armchair Jow Forumsommandos sure do like to project.

Military checking in. Plates are real fucking useful. Easy enough to run with that we can clear 7k in 40 minutes with a PC and plates on. Internet SOF has no idea what they’re on about aside from justifying poorfaggotry

Not him, but you should wear body armor at all times.

I never take mine off, not even for work. You cannot choose when you are going to be shot.

Have you encountered any XSAPIs?

>if I keep repeating my stupid ass nonsense, maybe people will think Im right

t. Alumni at the Brainlet College of Room Temperature IQ Bozos

Not off-hand based on memory.

If you plan on potentially taking bullets and don't medical training or equipment on your person then armor is essentially useless. People who use armor for work have dedicated medical support personnel with them or minutes away, and have some form of medical equipment or training.
Most people who die from being shot bleed out from an extremity hemorrhage, and the rest from some form of pneumothorax, and armor can only protect from potential pneumothorax from the front and back even with side plates.
Armor is nice, but medical equipment and training is much more important if you plan on being assaulted. However, since it involves applying yourself and learning new skills instead of just paying a few hundred dollars for a vest most larpers don't consider it.
Also, learning and applying medicine isn't sexy on insta like plates and rifles are.

>aren't modern militaries always trying reduce weight?
Only so they can fit as much shit as possible on you by making everything smaller and lighter
>we saved 3 lbs on this new body armor
>now we can give the troops that 4 lb shovel

Checked

Attached: b what.png (763x960, 375K)

I'll take "center mass" for $100, Alex

>they are wearing body armor, aim for the face!
what planet do you live on?

It's SOP for first world infantry at close range, m8.

I know there's no way to really prove this to you but I was a medic and had a couple trips to the sandbox and believe i'm uniquely qualified to let you that you're full of shit.

good think we have this thing named 7.62 tokarev, at least it doesn't need to be "AP" to go through kevlar like butter

There are different kinds of wounds; in order from least to most frequent:
>instant kill CNS
>fast kill heart/upper spine & slow kill lungs
>bleeding out from liver, guts, femoral, amputations, assorted shrapnel, etc

Plates can't do anything about the first and they don't do much for the last, which accounts for many hits, and which a medic/helicopter/hospital setup can usually save you from. They're for the middle.

>Every military since the dawn of time has been wrong. Armor is useless.

Ok

>>wear body armor
>>get shot in the face
a vast majority of hits will be to the torso
sure unlucky headshots do occur, and there isnt much you can do to stop them, but most people are aiming at your chest and you would be wise to protect that

and yes, mobility is important, and you dont want to wear more armor than is needed for your duty
so you probably shouldnt be giving scouts heavy duty cermaic armor designed to stop 30-06
but you also want to ensure you can stop as many of those threats as possible

helmets cant stop anything except .45 and can be pretty uncomfortable and hot
but they are the most important piece of armor you can have because a vast majority of wounds come from frag, spall, and shrapnel that might be entering your head
deaths went way down from a simple steel helmet

I'm fat as fuck (I am slowly correcting this), and I still managed to find armor that fits. I shudder to imagine what sort of obese landwhale OP is that he can't fit in any.

OP no you are wrong
i'm here on /k because a SAPI gave its life for mine in trashcanistan
We will meet again some day SAPI

7.62x25mm Tokarev is better

>He's so stupid he sticks his head out where it can be shot when he doesn't absolutely have to.

>He's so weak he can't deal with a couple extra pounds of weight.

>He's so sensitive he can't deal with a little sweat and discomfort.

No OP, you are just a hindrance and liability to the kinds of people who would be in situations where wearing body armor is necessary.

Is this a Ukrainian using a tavor?

>wear body armor
>jump b4 criminal shoots

Problem solved, user

>What good is body armor when the bad guy will just aim for your head, onii-Chan?
It’s time to go to bed, kiddo.

>every organized military in the world uses this
>but user on the internet says don't use that
hmmm.

Armor is worn because world governments have decided that giving each of their fighting men a slightly higher chance of surviving enemy fire is worth the slightly reduced speed or ammo loads or whatever else.

Nigger.

I agree with OP.
if body armor was so important the jihadis who have been slapping armor on every single vehicle that moves. vehicles they plan to just blow up later even.
but Ive never seen a jihadi joe wearing plates or even a vest?
hell most of them dont even have helmets.

Attached: nato.jpg (458x640, 86K)

You are a special kind of stupid. Your average plate carrier is made of kevalar for stopping 9mil and flack. Hell there is a piece that is added to gaurd your neck, balls and ass. Wear and use one before you talk shit. They arnt heavy. You can put ammo and mag carriers as well as medical pouches.

>Your average plate carrier is made of kevalar
you mean cordura?

>Can I get your info and we can meet half way... Gun fight(duel) with guns of your choosing I get level iv plates/helmet you dont, Lets settle this once and for all kiddo!

explain why people who have dedicated shops to uparmoring anything and everything
that can attach steel plates to everyone if they wanted

and yet they dont make any attempt at armor for light infantry?
explain