Letting other people shoot your guns at the range

Who thinks its ok to ask to shoot your gun? Ammo isn't cheap or free, if you pay me sure, but otherwise its MY ammo for ME.

Attached: l9opJwO.png (772x514, 500K)

Ammo is cheap if you are successful in life and know how to get it cheap. I usually offer to let people shoot mine if they’ve been looking at it for a bit.

>Being so cheap you can't spare a couple bucks worth of ammo

i let first timers shoot my stuff no prob and will share with friends.
if they want to shoot a fuckton i tell them to buy their own ammo.

Nice Barrett bro, mind if I try a mag?

Attached: ScumbagSteve.jpg (1820x1024, 134K)

>The eternal Jew strikes again

Nice pre ban MG, mind if I finish that belt? *180 rounds left*

The last time I brought more than one friend to the range, they blew through like $200 worth of ammo shooting at targets five feet in front of them, and they didn't even buy me a birthday present.

Attached: 1534832032040.jpg (631x757, 54K)

Show me on the doll where the person who shot your ammo hurt you.

>he's too Jewish to make a friend with the same hobby

ok

If they had the same hobby they'd have their own ammo, nogunz. Ive i vited several people to the range after they said they wanted to go shooting. I gave them a full list of calibers and told them to just buy what they wanted to shoot. Not one of them has bothered to buy ammo. Oh well, poorfags gunna poorfag.

When I was 19 and making $8.50 an hour, yeah I was stingy with people (even close friends) who had jobs and didn't care for 22lr cuz it was $20 for 550rnds

However I'm 27 now and make a good bit of money. It feels great when people want to shoot my guns. I'm only picky with 308 cuz the shit near me is rarely less than $1/rnd

I don't mind bringing new shooters or dates to shoot my guns and ammo for free, but I expect friends who I've brought before to at least chip in a little. I don't care if they pay for all the ammo they shoot, but $20 won't even cover three mags of 5.56 right now.

I'd be mildly pissed if someone mag dumped 30 or 20 rounds into dirt but I will gladly pass off half a mag of .308 out the FAL just to let someone try it. Not being a cunt and meeting people is cool and 9/10 times they will offer for you to put some rounds through their guns in exchange so you get to try stuff you otherwise might have never shot.
Also it is like 5 or 10 $ worth of ammo if they don't magdump so don't be a bitch.
Went shooting with a daddy's money rich South Florida Jew once; he sent me via his gf a receipt for rounds shot itemized by round counts per caliber wew lad.

Attached: HAT SOONY MEEKU.gif (755x601, 203K)

I think the cardinal rule of gun sharing is letting them shoot a full magazine or the remainder of yours. If you get butthurt they shot a full mag, don't hand them the gun with a full mag.. if they start begging to shoot it more, then you can dial 555-comeonnow

>paying 1$ per round
>not reloading 308
user..

>someone offers to let you try a few shots with their gun
All is fine, you should return the favor
>asking random guy at the range to let you shoot his shit
For me and most other people I’ve observed, there’s an unwritten rule against this. The only people I have seen do this are noguns, poorfags magdumping with their first Tapco’d SKS/cheap AK/poverty AR, and niggers with stereotypical niggergats spewing slang with every sentence. It’s almost like the people that want to touch your guns with cheetos fingers

This. I’m 24 and have a decent collection but I’m not raking in huge checks. Over the last few years, friends have asked me to take them shooting before and always want to shoot shit like my redhawk in .44 mag, FAL, want to mag dump through my AK, yet whenever I tell them sure, just get the ammo and tell them how much it costs for what caliber, they always shrink away from going. Most of them get paid better than me too. Like I’ll let you shoot a mag through my AK since thats maybe $8 but I’m not paying $100+ Just do you can have a blast shooting my expensive to feed guns all day.

Noguns seem to have this misconception that ammo is literally pennies and dimes and are less willing to cover the cost of that than they are the cost of gas when you give them a ride around town

dumb frogposter

I always bring cool shit to the range and let other people shoot it, they let me shoot their stuff, and we both get to go home having shot things we otherwise wouldn't in a hobby we all share. People at real gun ranges are universally great to deal with if you aren't a sperglord.

>Noguns seem to have this misconception that ammo is literally pennies and dimes and are less willing to cover the cost of that than they are the cost of gas when you give them a ride around town
DESU it's because most people in this world are retarded freeloaders who will try to take advantage of you if you make the mistake of being nice to them once.

This. Never ask, though. Offer and they'll do the same.

>Jews
You should have charged him for cleaning the gun equal to the price of the ammo.
T.jew

My brother stole one of my 45-70 rounds. Kinda upset I was keeping the grass for a reason.

Go away faggot

range time and ammo is a small price to pay to expand someone's knowledge and spread the sport/hobby

i would never ASK to shoot somebody else's gun if i didn't know them personally,
but i have on more than one occasion offered up my gun and a mag or two to someone if they seem nice enough or are exhibiting genuine curiosity
like if they are thinking about buying the same or similar model.

i also regularly take newbies shooting with my guns/ammo and a usually a rental in a different caliber
>start on my grandmother's tube-mag .22lr rifle
>maybe rent a .22 handgun, see the difference
>a firm grasp on the fundamentals bumps them up to a 9mm Glock
>after a box or two of 9mm we bump up to my 1911
they love the 1911, they always love the 1911
>depending on time/budget maybe finish with AR15, usually save that for the second trip
a day at the range renting guns and ammo gets pricey, but i always pay for a persons first time.
I want to make sure they are only concerned with is learning, being safe, and having fun.
If they happen to see they bill and feel bad about the $ i let them buy me dinner on the way home

If they bring something interesting and let you try theirs out, it's no problem in my book.

FPBP

You trade ammo, obviously. For example, 15 shots of 5.56 would equal about 28-34 9mms. Don't forget that grain, caliber, quality, type, and brand also affect price.

Attached: 43121623.jpg (547x402, 23K)

It usually goes both ways, you try mine and I’ll try yours. I’ll load up a magazine and give it to them

If they have something good I’ll return the favor. But most of the time it’s low tier AR’s wanting to shoot Tula steel out of my two Noveske’s and tell them I’m not interested.

Did he died?

I wonder if the Jew felt even a hint of embarrassment as he wrote up your receipt? I mean, half point of shooting with someone else is to shoot their stuff. How can one get so nit-picky?

People often ask to squeeze a few off from my Glock 20. Not a problem.

I don't honestly mind all that much as long as they aren't an obnoxious cunt about it. You meet a lot of great people and have a lot of interesting conversations with others, plus you get to expand their firearms experiences as well. It's always a win win taking people who aren't active shooters out because even if they don't become avid target shooters themselves it's going to help us out politically (ex: my mother went from "ban salt rifles" to "the ar15 is a really nice gun, I'd love to have one for around the house" just from me taking her out to shoot).

A couple of weeks ago when I went out to the range I met an old guy (had to be in his late 60s or early 70s) that was enamored with my M16A1 parts kit build. He stated it was the first rifle he had ever shot and I handed him off a full mag to enjoy as he showed off the features of the rifle to his grandson while reminiscing. His grandson later handed me his .338 Win Mag brush gun to shoot a few rounds out of and that was a blast, actually really pleasant to shoot.

Attached: 1534814131541.gif (499x408, 446K)

Story time
>be atta range with buddy shooting ARs
>helping buddy zero red dot and sights
>muh aimpoint zeroed for random distance, maybe 70m because was shooting innadesert
>rangebum challenges me to hit his 300m steel target.
>can't hit it with unzeroed for and shit bulk ammo.
>range bum is 11 year law enforcement
>rangebum brags about him and his buddies tactical prowess and group shooting sessions
>bum wants to try with my rifle.
>rapid fires most of my mag, and goes everything on the range except target
>I swap to better hunting rounds
>ping steel target first try
>bum leaves without offering to let me shoot his rifle.

Obnoxious fuck

>sweet Vietnam vet feels

>he wants to shoot everyone else's ammo for free and then call them jews

I'm kinda done bringing people to the range for this reason. No no guns realizes how spendy ammo can get. $0.23 a round adds up quick when everyone wants to mag dump.

hey, can I fuck your sister? And do you have a condom.

Then don't let them? They asked, you don't have to even talk to them ignore them if you want to be an autistic sperg about it, or be a normal person and politely tell them you do not let others shoot your guns.

The last no guns I brought to the range for the first time turned into a lifelong shooter who brings guns and ammo to the range to share because I spent 2 hours letting him shoot some 9mm a 1911 and a couple meme guns, worth af

Typically you'll always offer to let them shoot your gun aswell.

Produces to do a 180 round “burst”

I thought that the unspoken protocol was to offer to let them put a mag through your gun in return

Dumb froposting faggot

if someone asks, I will let them shoot a mag. any of my guns with really expensive ammo are small mags anyways. but I don't have anything super rare or special, so nobody ever asks. I've never asked anyone.

I'll offer to take people to the range though, and in that case, I'll pay everything

>ammo is cheap if you know how to get it cheap
I agree with the sentiment however

If I notice someone mirin my gats (especially kids) I'll typically let them shoot a few rounds through it. It's good knowing to them you're the "cool dude at the range who let me shoot a mag out of his PTR". Most of the time, they'll let you shoot their guns in return.

Depends, do I have some to spare and does he offer to let me shoot some of his guns.

If I am ever going to bring friends to range I am going to take buying price of ammo from them.

just tell them "NO", if it bothers you so much you fucking beta

I let people shoot my guns if they have their own ammo.

I have a friend who I let freeload from me because he's new to guns and doesn't have any idea how much ammo costs, but it's more important for me to introduce someone to shooting than to worry about the money.

Attached: family photo.jpg (2268x4032, 1.37M)

I let people shoot my guns if they ask, Why? I'm not a broke little bitch that has to sift the dirt for ammo someone might have dropped, one mag isn't a big deal.

does letting people shoot your guns count as zakat?

Just lie and say every piece of ammo is an experimental reload and you don't feel safe to let anyone else shoot them.

Ive been offered but never asked. Last time I shot someone elses gun it was a young guy trying to zero a savage axis in .223 and it was cheap enough he didnt care.

Most expensive was .40-70, i offered him a dollar to make up for the 1 shot and he refused

>ammo
>expensive
sorry what

Attached: 1533169282383.jpg (612x612, 36K)

The last time I was shooting near someone at my range (empty as fuck and only populated by retired fudd boomers), I had the pleasure of meeting two chill old dudes, one of whom had a custom made single shot .308 rifle with the lightest trigger known to mankind. He shot a round through my mk3 enfield after noticing it and asking sbout it (he claims to have bought one back in the 90s for $50) I tried a shot through his rifle. Always good to talk to people at your range, sharing is caring

Offering someone to shoot your gun is not the same as someone asking to shoot your gun. The former is generous, the latter selfish and presumptive.

selfish poorfag detected. Go pay your taxes cuck.

Just went to a range with 4 friends and while i provided the guns ammo for what i brought we spilt the range bill 5 ways and that included a AR rental and ammo.

plus 2 of them paid for my beer and food afterwards so I considered it fair since what i brought was my M9 and my Ruger 10/22

If they do, we usually trade a mag of X for a mag of Y. I don’t really take no guns to the range at this point in time.

I mean if you have something cool or unique I don't think it would be as weird. If its just a run of the mill glock or something then that'd be kinda weird

It’s not even about the ammo. Ammo is literally a few cents per round. I don’t let people I don’t know touch my shit. It’s just weird.

I don’t know when it became acceptable to go to someone you don’t know and ask to borrow their shit.

>I invited
If you invited them, you should provide the ammo. If they ask to come with you, then they should bring their own ammo.

>not stealing ammo from gunstores

okey stay dumb people

Generally if someone approaches me and is ogling what I'm shooting, I'll just go ahead and offer to let them rip off a few rounds, never had anyone tard out and spray the dirt. Generally if I bring friends to the range, we do a "pay what you can afford" type deal. My coworkers will generally pay me more than they shot in ammo, some of my less well off friends I don't expect and never ask them to pay.

Just get a spam can silly

Proceeds.... Idiot

>nice gun user, where'd you get it?
>i got it at bud's gun shop, wanna try it?
This is fine because you made the offer.
>nice gun user, can I shoot it?
This is not fine.
>nice gun user, do you mind if I try it? I'll give you a couple bucks for the ammo
This is also fine. I do this if I see something really cool at the range. Most of the time it's old farts who are happy to share. Got to try a russian 1894 not long ago like this.

Why is it wrong asking? What kind of insufferable poorfag are you?

I dont bring people to the range anymore. I dont even tell anyone I own guns. This is because:
>friends
If i tell a friend i own a firearm they will beg me to come shoot it. that means the whole gang is involved, including some instagram model wannabe hoes who will see this as some "weekend adrenaline rush". ND is highly likely. And all my ammo money will be gone
>family
I was raised by sheep who are terrified of the thought of an airsoft gun.
>coworkers
In California, specifically Silicon Valley, if a coworker finds out you own a firearm the entire office will know it. everything that comes out of your mouth will be disregarded as far right bullshit, and you will be bullied until you quit or are fired.

at this point i'd rather be autistic about my guns and only shoot them myself, or meet people on the range and befriend a very select few.

You're basically asking to fuck the guys wife right in front of him if you're outright just asking to shoot his gun!!

Yes. I bet you dont even want that you cuck.

I let people shoot my guns all the time, as I have a few expensive toys that others can't afford, so I let them shoot it.
I in turn get to shoot some of their toys too, which are things I don't own or really want to own, but its fun to shoot them anyways

The way I've always done it is if I see someone with an interesting or unique gun I ask them what it is and if they mind me handling it. Strike up a conversation with them about it. They may teach you some stuff and in the end if you're friendly and not a sperg they'll probably offer to let you put some rounds through it.

>let friend use my 7mm-08 rifle while I use my other gun
>brother hands him one of the two boxes of 7mm I brought and says "go crazy" while I'm not looking
>go to use the 7mm and almost all the ammo I brought is gone

Attached: 1530861277587.jpg (333x324, 29K)

I'm comfortable with that most cases...
I'm most often confronted with these scenarios:

>Situation No.1 (The most common)
Fellow range visitor showing interest in my firearms.
A brief conversation over the rifle or pistol, followed by an offer.
On our range is respected the unwritten etiquette, that the firearm and the ammunition are offered by the other party in direct proportion.
Surprisingly, people take it here as a matter of course, including foreigners outside the club.

>Situation No.2
Noguns without a firearm licensevisiting our range.
Me as a regular entrant or in RSO duty. Those people have borrowed something from range inventory (Glock, CZ75, Vz58, Vz.61, SKS or some .22)
When I see they are interested or when they ask directly, I will explain everything to them in a friendly way and give them a few (often more) rounds.
I'm enjoying it, it's fun to see the situation when at first a "gun shy" person in the best case, a subtle girl hire out CZ455 in .22 and after half an hour she asks if she can try your AK74 ;3
There is always a few .308s which I can miss if someone asks properly. I consider it as a kind of obligation, these people are often here for the first time. And if he finds out that there is a friendly environment and terrifying firearms are surprisingly fun... it's a good result.

>Situation No.3
A friend(s),family or colleague at the range
Usually I'm too autistic and I feel embarrassed to ask them to pay me for consumed ammo targets and "other target material". Even if they spontaneously offer to pay, I reject it.
Generally, I'll say some fictitious sum (less that 1/2 of actual costs)...

I'm neither a millionaire nor a poor man, I still have some money, fresh ammo will be bought and my private surplus stock is still more than adequate.
The main reward is a good feeling when I see how much fun I have brought them.

Attached: FullSizeRender.jpg (750x713, 90K)

>Situation No.4 (It will never be repeated)
The extreme case is father of my girlfriend...
We offered him range trip as a gift, so he brought his "girlfriend" and stepson(overweight retard, does not respect the basics of safe manipulation)
Those cunts fired without bigger thought:
150 9mmM
250 9mmL
400 5,45
250 7,62x39
150 7,62x51
+/- 50 12/75 from my range "stock"

Then they said "Bye! We must do it again someday soon!" and drove away.

Attached: 146319243178999.gif (500x357, 358K)