Perimeter Security

I posted this on diy too, but I figure my home board probably has some ideas too

Anybody knowledgeable in security systems?

I live in a cove on a lake and I've been having an issue with people trespassing on my land: patio furniture moved around, cigarette butts everywhere, and this morning beer cans strewn about on the dock.

I have general door/glass break alarms for the house, and AT&T want a couple hundred bucks for just two cameras, so I'm gonna DIY this shit. Setting up cameras is simple enough, but I'm having trouble finding or rigging some kind of system where if motion lights or something trigger from trespassing, for it to set off an alarm or alert inside the house because I'd like to meet these folks who think it's cool to come up where my kids play.

Does anybody know of something to do this? If they're in their boat and on the water it's technically public land which I can't police, but I need something with a fairly short range just to tell if someone crosses the perimeter of the sea wall or the edges of the dock.

I'm sure there's a way to jerry rig a motion light to complete a circuit to an alarm in the house but I'm hoping for more professional options first.

Attached: PIR-BL7-2.jpg (700x700, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nest.com/cameras/
amcrest.com/amcrest-amdv960h8-4b-8-channel-960h-video-security-system-4-x-800-plus-tvl-bullet-cameras.html
amazon.com/dp/B00RCW8QS2/ref=psdc_7459508011_t1_B00548936U
nest.com/cameras/nest-cam-outdoor/overview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just set up your cameras for email alert so when they motion sensor gets triggered it sends you an email snapshot of what set it off.

Prepare though, because if you dont bother to set up the parameters for the trigger then your email will get flooooooooded in short ime.

I don't want an email you lib, I want to catch them and hurt them.

just channel your inner autist and sit out on your front porch naked with a shotgun

problem solved

then go fuck yourself faggot, have fun catching teenagers and your shitty thread dieing

nest.com/cameras/

It's called wiring them in series.

You'll need to find the circuit on the motion sensor that activates when it sees something.
Once you have that, you'll need to find a relay with an input range of that circuit.

Wire the motion sensor normally open circuit to the relay's +
Connect the power for the camera to the normally open, so when the relay is powered it closes.

Really the only thing is finding a motion sensor with a signal output.

Attached: 1532378292531.gif (467x398, 70K)

want a tissue for those tears?

i have one of these systems
amcrest.com/amcrest-amdv960h8-4b-8-channel-960h-video-security-system-4-x-800-plus-tvl-bullet-cameras.html
the motion sensor is prone to false positives even with the still area mapped in. the value/price was the best i'd found short of a $2000 setup, but i didn't feel like paying that and the only difference would be more detailed recording.

it sounds like you're looking for something like this though

There are a ton of companies selling entire security systems with everything you need for a couple hundred bucks.

lol have fun getting your anus dilated retard.
PROTIP: if you're planning on hurting trespassers, don't fucking record it. That's how you go to prison. If there's no record you can tell the cops whatever you want. If there's video, then your chances of ending up in court over using deadly force to protect property skyrocket.

The obvious exception here is states where executing the mentally-retarded is in the state constitution like Texas.

also consider getting the correct no-trespassing signs for your state, they would probably kick it up into felony trespass, which would give you more legal cover when dealing with intruders

Fifth amendment, dipass. You arent forced by the court of law to release recordings of yourself. You can not be forced to testify against yourself.

Based Texas.

>not doing a patrol a day, and a final sweep before going to bed.

this

what do you do for a living?

Here, this should give you everything you need (night vision, live video, motion alerts, mobile integration, weather resistance) right out of the box. I used one (the indoor version) to monitor my car for break ins when was working late in shitty area and it worked perfectly.
nest.com/cameras/nest-cam-outdoor/overview/

Attached: 31LqyKxEZnL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 10K)

Make fun of Union workers and code

>not setting up homemade landmines

Attached: 1533116238029s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

I'm not worried about the cameras, and I'm not relying on text messages and cloud storage developed by young 20 somethings with a bs in marketing

basically I need an IR trip wire that will set off a doorbell or alarm in my house

He was trying to explain to you that over the counter systems can be set to motion sense and send you alerts. So it would provide you exactally what you are asking for. How this was not obvious to you u have no idea. Fuck off back to diy sperglord

I’m thinking about getting a Ring doorbell. What percentage of burglaries use the front door for ingress as opposed to the windows or back doors?

as previously mentioned.

Attached: irsensor.jpg (300x300, 7K)

>I have general door/glass break alarms for the house, and AT&T want a couple hundred bucks for just two cameras
Poor ass fuck. You should have motion detector alarms inside as well, because professional burglars know that most everyone has door/window and glass break alarms - they will cut through a wall or roof to enter your home. You can get an outdoor motion detector for the alarm if you want to be annoying.

Oh I see, you're a tough guy. Why don't you get one of those laser/reflector systems that stores used to have: when someone crosses the beam at the door, a bell rings alerting the store worker that someone entered. You can set one up on the dock walkway of on your porch.

get a dog

If you get a dog, it needs to be properly trained: that is, NOT TO BARK, but to sit quietly & patiently until trespasser/burglar gets close, and then BITES the fuck out of them.

>get given a suggestion that would notify via the email on your phone that you have on you and do the same thing
>"no fuck that I want it to ring my doorbell"

Clearly you are some crusty boomer who doesn't have his email set up on his phone and only checks his email via dial up.

This guy is a controls engineer or as they are called E.T.s

>the police can't seize evidence of a crime if its your property

how are you this stupid

Attached: 1478464017177.jpg (250x225, 8K)

just put a refrigerator filled with beer and lined with tannerite by the dock, when the last beer is taken it sets off the fridge.... that will teach them!

Attached: 1507078459619.gif (370x295, 1.89M)

I did momentarily consider setting up something like a tripline that sets off a nailgun charge, just to mess with trespassers.

why not hire a gay rapist to stalk your property

Attached: 1304498833789.jpg (375x500, 49K)

testimony != evidence, you dingbutt