Hypothetical blank gun mod

not saying i am doing this, but would it work?

hear me out, I live in a gun restrictive country, poor, but I have a 9mm PAK blank gun, they come with a threaded tip for a flare adaptor,

see pic

drilling the bore and shooting bb's is possible, but it would be illegal, so what if I just fix a steel 5/16 (8mm) ball bearing to the tip of the barrel with wax?

would it be letal at point blank, it would make it effectively a single shot pistol, but would it be lethal?

that way I dont brake the law by drilling out the whole bore, I would just drill out the thread (its internal, not external like a real gun), to make space for the BB and fix it in place with wax

I think pic is a bb gun but its similar to my situation, just for illustrative purposes

Attached: WE_Hi_Capa_5_1_001_Met_G_As_Gun2.jpg (300x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9RrKnUo_b9E
turnerrichards.co.uk/22-long-blanks/
afg-defense.eu/blank-cartridge-fiocchi-.22-long-blank-200pcs/
kotte-zeller.de/freie-waffen/schreckschuss-munition/knallpatronen-22-lang
rojal.si/en/shop/blank-pistols/blank-ammunition
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so its a 5/16 ball bearing being pushed by a 9mm PAK for the TIP of the barrel, so it has no travel inside the barrel as it is block in PAK guns

from* the tip of the barrel

I am thinking it would be lethal at close distance but nothing else

no thoughts? dont be like this burgers, not everybody lives on freedom land

the situation is like this, image that the gun in the pic is a 9mm PAK and the brass is a thread with a block

I would just make enough space for the ball, then fix it with wax right at the tip

the more "advanced" mod would be to drill the whole blockage out, and modify the PAK cartrigdes to have the steel BB already inside them

so that way it would be like a 9mm semiauto shotgun

but that would be illegal, and a pain to do

if the single shot from the barrel is lethal, Ill take it for self protection, the rest of the shots are noise but still efective in driving off the attacker(s)

hey faggots just in case you wonder, I tried it, its not lethal, its like a 22 pellet rifle

shot point blank in a vital area MIGHT incapacitate you

I think if the shot came from the whole barrel lenght, it would be like a 22LR in power, but just fixed on the tip, it has no time to accelerate with the gasses....

still, better than nothing I guess

ive done nothing illegal just in case, the gun is still blocked, still non letal, just made some space for a tip lauched projectile which is non lethal as well

I'm not sure quite how the bore restrictor works, but could you just use a flechette with some wadding in the back?
Wouldn't be at all accurate, but it beats a bb.

If I recall, don't paks release most of their energy elsewhere?

Tbh, youd be better drilling a crude barrel.

Just buy a gun illegally, or make one.

Nah it would't do enough damage to be lethal at all, you need a barrel of some kind to direct energy and make a projectile fast enough to be lethal - otherwise you're just throwing the ball bearing at them really fast but not fast enough to kill unless it's literally right against their skull or something like that.

If you really need a gun just buy some metal pipes and weld them into a slamfire shotgun or something

the bore block is a rod going to whole lenght, to remove it you have to drill it out like it was a solid block, but its more difficult because its a star shaped rod so the drill bits like to jump

the chambers come with machined out weak point so even you drill it out cleanly, the chamber wont withstand a full 9mm load pushing a bullet

thats why if you are to convert it, it must be "shotgun" type projectiles with the amount of powder blanks use, projectiles that dont fully plug the barrel, so the pressures are lower

actually yes, the thing is in other to really work with the chamber/barrel assambly, you have to do a drill out some "blind pins", they engineered it to make it difficult

to really "unbraze" the barrel and change it, its a fucking massive job

for real a single shot break action shotgun

yes, the "easy" mod if drilling out the block, and putting steel shot on the blank cartriges, make a mini semi auto shotgun

> fast enough to kill unless it's literally right against their skull or something like that.

thats the result i got, it only blew up a water jug if pressed right against the gun, pellet gun had better penetration actually

I was trying to avoid the full mod, and the hassle, I guess its better than before though

It can actually hurt point blank, AND make noise jajaja

althought I think even without the bearing, point blank would hurt you from the gasses

back to slam fire, its SHTF happens ill drill out the block and do the minishotgun mod

at least going down the barrel it will gain real velocity

Machine a new barrel then? This is a project that shouldn't be taken lightly if you're going to use it for self defense. I've read old 30 cal barrels are good candidates for making a multitude of chamberings. There's material around on how to make a barrel chambered in.... Just about anything really. You could even make an offset barrel, use the existing firing pin as a way to shoot rimfire 22lr or atleast 22 blanks with 22 pellets in front of it (is lethal).

Ive got an idea but this is really professional mod that I dont think I am ready to try

the chamber is 9mm, and its brazed to the barrel with the block

you remove the old barrel, weld the weak spots on the chamber, and then braze a .22 rifled barrel from piece of decent 22 pellet gun

then you use this .22 cartridge which is a 9mm necked down, so the 9mm existing chamber would work

Attached: 22 tcm comparison.jpg (525x293, 82K)

thats a nice one too, .22 pellets nail drivers with .22 pellets,

but I would like to maintain the 9mm centerfire mechanism, which is the part of the blank gun which is exactly the same as the real gun

>drilling the bore and shooting bb's is possible, but it would be illegal, so what if I just fix a steel 5/16 (8mm) ball bearing to the tip of the barrel with wax?
That would also be illegal, you stupid fuck.

i tried it, wasnt lethal, its like a beanbag

but if so, then I might as well drill the whole thing out

I wanted to avoid it, I am smart but lazy as fuck, to do it right I need to build a wooden jig to keep the gun straight and steady

the reason i just dont do a full mod, is because the guns are made with the barrel permanently attached to the frame

a metal framed one, has the barrel and chamber brazed to the framed

the plastic frame is easier but has a blind pin which has to be drilled out, and then a regular pin cant be use because it blocks a piece of the mechanism, you have to use 2 halfpins

both requiere complete disassembly to be able to do brazing or welding in the chamber/barrel

i dont wanna

dont want

1st because its a massive job

2nd not confident I can pull it off , dont want to ruin my pretty PAK guns

i think those would need a different magazine though, PAK are shorter

The gas will barely have time to accelerate the bb, youll want a barrel extension at least, or itll end up about as powerful as a potato gun.

Maintain it then. A barrel insert offset from center utilizing the old firing pin should work. Just mess with the recoil springs so it cycles, maybe find mags that work. If not that then instead of keeping 9mm pak, rechamber to 380. Lighter round, still viable, probably won't have to convert anything but the barrel (380 is like 9mm short)

>A barrel insert offset

ahh yes you are right

or the 380 option is good, I dont like having a potatoshooter for protection, might as well take a pellet rifle around lol Ill have to risk fucking up a pak gun for the sake of science, and to have at least something decent to wart off zombies

time to disassamble and getting ye old blow torch out, wish me luck

(i know welding and brazing, but never in a gunsmithing context, I think its illegal here)

fuck me

well although, if I drill down just like an 1inch?, o maybe 1 and half, seed the steel BB there with the same method, just wax

still a single shot, but now it has some room to speed up

idk, I want to avoid torching it up, would have to to sand off the old finish, and then do a new finish at the end, black it or whatever

fuck that, plus all the shit I ll reck and will have to redo, springs, pins, etc...

this type of manual smithing job is dying for a reason, its fucking hard and I am fucking lazy

or burn the finish off, which will imply me inhaling toxic fumes....

other reason for not doing a hardmod, I want it to still be "legal", in the sense that is a dissabled gun with a blocked barrel,

but it can still be blocked half way down, and have an inch and a half of open barrel for the single shot option

if authorities need to see them, i can show them the blocked barrel and everything would be ok

OP, I’ve done a similar thing to what you’re saying except with a.22 rifle, nail gun blanks, and .22 pellets. You don’t want a large gap in between the projectile and charge, basically load it like a musket after you load a blank. You should be able to find some ball bearings or air gun pellets the right size. Small dowel rods also work

>barrel extension at least

fuck my life, that was the easiest mod, make it look like a silencer, and I already destroyed the fucking threads......good job me.....fuck me

ill see if I can re-thread the hole I did and make an extension like you said

thanks

Can you get a hold of shotgun shells? Seems like a zip gun would be easier.

cricket on youtube had a good single shot break barrel design

Just buy a 26.5mm flare gun, and then buy the insert that lets you fire 45ACP or 9mm. That’s what all the real polish niggers do, from what I understand.

What an incredibly irresponsible thing to do. I’ve been a part of the Signal Pistol hobby, collector, and enthusiast community since the late 80’s, and we despise people who wants to turn these tools, into weapons. Just stop, and don’t bring your negative gun-nut baggage to something we enjoy.

I understand, in my case I am really going against political forces

I had a permit and a gun, but the permit was administratively revoked for nothing, really just nothing at all, they felt I didnt grant having the CCW

but I kept the gun since it wasnt used in any crime, they couldnt take it, only the carry permit, but I gave it to my father and mother when I left home so they have something to defend themselves

now I am gunless and unable to get one legally

I like PAKs and actually DONT want to convert it, I want something to give me a single shot, and I think I got it, barrel extension, thanks to that user who suggested it

I dont want to be niggin around with it, its a SHTF gun

if you are in a nation where you have to do this chances are you are gonna get raped with a bunch of chumped up charges for using it anyways so you might as well get the real thing

see, i got fucked....

I hope this barrel extension idea works, I am even thinking in some self loading "semi auto" barrel extension, see

Attached: Untitled.png (710x258, 7K)

missed the spring pushing the BB forward to the hatch

Why not make a lung trainer, like based german feetsher man?

youtu.be/9RrKnUo_b9E

It wouldn't work. the ball bearing would be accelerated forward but the wax would blow quickly and gas would escape before any appreciable velocity can be gained. If you are hell bent of a firearm, use the flare adapter to shoot shotgun shells.

The wax method would also be pretty obvious to any forensics. An alternative would be creating a plastic sabot around a nail that has had it's head cut off so it fits the barrel snugly. Again it would be a point blank, probably non lethal weapon.

A better option would be a blowgun. Legal everywhere, even if not, super easy to make, silent, accurate as fuck once you get your fletchign down, and if you dont use your breath, but instead used a compressed air system, there is no DNA from your mouth moisture. ta-da.

OP, bottom line is this, just drill out the barrel and weld up the weak spots, then insert a bb into th 9mm cartridge

How to weld cast zinc alloy?

What models could be compatible with this method ?

Bump lol

I guess tig welding might work? I'm no expert on that though. I'd looks for something with a steel barrel rather than a zamak one. as for this question I don't know, revolvers would be a better bet imo

what country? are flintlocks legal there? a single shot 70 caliber lead ball is going to be a lot better than some dumb bb at the end of a blank gun

Pretty good solution, too bad he is clear you should never ever do this

All newer blank guns have weakpoints machined into the barrel, so they would explode when faced with any real pressure.

Instead of trying to unfuck PAK blank pistols.

Get:
>blank revolver
>.22 air rifle barrel (in most EU cunts not restricted like real barrels)

Do:
>drill out the barrel & chambers
>cut air rifle barrel into pieces (5-6 chamber length, 1 barrel length)
>turn them down to the diameter of the drilled out barrel & chambers (If you have no lathe, put it in a drill, let it rotate and file it down this way.)
>drill .22lr chambers into the chamber inserts)
>fix the inserts in the barrel & chambers (depending on the material: welding, brazing, pinned or just really strong glue)
>alter the firing pin from centerfire to rimfire

Et voilà!
Know you have a functional revolver with steel barrel and chamber inserts & widely available ammo, that can be made from (still) freely available parts, that's at least lethal and much better than any waxed up BB shit.

This

This is a good one

YouTube ' blank gun 380'. So many references

I was thinking of that but how do you get ammo then ? It's restricted...
I don't want to kill anyone but having somewhat of a firearm while living in nigger town would be cool

Yeah maybe find a way to weaponize blank cartridges with 4.5 pellets and drill the barrel ?
Dunno, maybe revolvers would avoid too much pressure building up in the barrel while firing, just in case they do machine weaknesses in blank barrels

.22 nail gun cartrigdes are a definite possibility or sourcing the ammo from other sources.
That's why I said .22lr, it's ubiquitous, can be found in larger quantities and is often underestimated by the people that have them (therefore often not as securely stored).

God damnit i can't seem to find them in europoorland

turnerrichards.co.uk/22-long-blanks/

afg-defense.eu/blank-cartridge-fiocchi-.22-long-blank-200pcs/

kotte-zeller.de/freie-waffen/schreckschuss-munition/knallpatronen-22-lang

rojal.si/en/shop/blank-pistols/blank-ammunition

Just a couple I found. Go nuts.

they aren't a thing here. we have nail gun powder charges but they're manufacturer specific

Thanks a lot I'll see what I can do

NOOOO ARE YOU SERIOUS ?
My dream is ruined...
I'll have to find a way to weaponize blank cartridges themselves...

In addition to other problems with this, you would lose massive pressure due to no barrel for the projectile to travel down. You would have a low mass, 20m/s projectile. You would honestly be better off pressing the barrel to the attacker and using the gases directly.

Hi idiot

Attached: (7).jpg (259x194, 8K)

Big issue with your plan. Getting the projectile up to a practical velocity would require far more pressure than a blank gun could safely handle. They're usually not made for projectile pushing, just noise and bang. This applies to the action as well as the barrel.

Shameless bump

Yep I am moron, now I have to make a custom thread and extension because I drilled the old thread out

>the action

do you mean the springs?

I know the chambers are weakened, you can weld or silver braze them back to normal

if you maintain the same blank charge, and add BBs, it shouldnt need it because the projectile would be smaller than the barrel, it wouldnt plug it like a bullet does

but to make a single shot, an extension is the solution

the action is what makes the gun fire

why would it be different? have you seen them? all steel parts, trigger and hammer connectors are all steel, the firing pin and everything else is also steel, from what I can see, the same

the slides, the extractor are also steel and the slide stop, the springs are weaker though but not that much weaker

Is .22 pellet barrel strong enough to not explode?

Is .22 pellet even the same size as .22lr?
Keep in mind that there's a lot of room within the range of .22 of an inch.

yes to all

Okay dope I'll buy a pak next weekend.

you going for the nice mod, cool, good luck

Thanks I'll make a thread when I start work on it so keep an eye out.

No, it wouldn't be lethal.

You seem really desperate. Make yourself a slam fire shotgun instead.

It wouldn't have enough energy to puncture skin. All the energy a bullet gets is from accelerating down the barrel with the expanding gases forced into confinement behind it. look up what happens when you fire a cartridge outside the gun, because that's effectively what your doing here.

For this would it be better to go with a 9mm revolver to have less to drill out for the barrel sections or would a .22 blank revolver cylinder hold up to the pressure of a .22lr after the blockage is drilled out.

I would pick the 9mm one, because the .22 blank guns can have built in weakspots around the chambers or have half their chamber drilled offset to the center and thus useless.

Look for a older all-steel revolvers. People used these all the time for their conversions, that's why pretty much all newer ones are made from shitty cast zinc alloy and stuff.

>I'm smart, just lazy
>Wooden jig

Not all steel is created equal, though. Generally, blank guns aren't rated for very high pressures. Not knowing much about your particular blank gun, I'd still be concerned about the cartridge coming out of battery early, even if it won't k'b.

What if you put the cartridge in a revolver ?
Wouldn't a bit of pressure escape from the gap in front of the revolving thing ? (thus making it just a tiny bit safer maybe ??)

in theory you can use the same blanks, so you dont mess up the mechanism, you just add birdshot to the blank, open the blank, add paper, add birdshot, waxseal.

you would have to drill a bore for that though, but its doable

and you cant use bullets or slugs, just small shot, to keep the pressure similar to the regular blank.

but in that case, better do a full mod like previously said by other anons

>remove barrel
>drill out chamber
>fit a piece of .22 pellet rifle barrel, offset to make centerfire into rimfire
>braze it
>drill a new chamber
>crown it

nigga, wooder jigs build the pyramids, there is nothing you cant do with wooden jigs

o yes

>and when you braze it you also patch up the weak spots
then
>change springs
>adjust mechanism
>adjust magazine to new ammo

its not a small thing

see
Getting a homebrew pistol to reliably feed, fire, cycle and not Kaboom is no small deal.

That's why I proposed the revolver with steel inserts. Takes care of most of the alignment and ammo containment + cycling stays the same.

Though one would need to build a new extractor if you don't want to pluck out the casings with fingernails one by one.

I literally posted something you can buy to do the shit you want op, kys with it

ALSO I forgot:

Don't get a sleeved barrel where the rifled part is just a thin tube that's pressed into thicker tube of shit tier steel.
Get a one piece air rifle barrel made from good steel.

got a pellet rifle and the walls are thick and i am pretty sure its forged.

its so thick it would have to be thinned down just to fit it in the chamber/feeding piece, in case of a semiauto, in case of a revolver it also has to be sized down and threaded and screwed in the frame.

that revolver idea is great, this turned out to be a great thread for amateur smithing

thanks everybody