Why does pop culture always get gripping wrong? I think Solid Snake is the only one who doesn't teacup his pistol...

Why does pop culture always get gripping wrong? I think Solid Snake is the only one who doesn't teacup his pistol. Was it standard at some point, or am I just being autistic?

Attached: M9_Iron_Sights_CoD4.png (722x544, 386K)

That looks like thumbs forward to me.

It's a lowgrip. That Beretta would be excessively recoiling since he doesn't have a firm grip on it.

Not quite but close to thumbs-forward.

However, his hands are way the fuck down on the gun. The beavertail is supposed to be pressing into your hand-meats, not sitting an inch above it.

>why do noguns not know how to hold guns?
Gee, I wonder.

It's not. The closest thing it's like is a revolver grip.

Attached: bob-vogel-grip.png (800x607, 223K)

this thread has actually been done to death and has popped up with pretty much the same exact responses and OP each time, though it's reasonable to see why.

short answer: yes. the thumbs forward high grip we use today is a fairly recent development along with isosceles stance shooting. there have been a variety of stances and grip styles tried, tested, practiced, and used over the past century for handguns - you can see some pretty interesting examples in old FBI revolver training shots.

Attached: fbi_-4.jpg (848x477, 122K)

>why do noguns not know how to hold guns?
The least they can so is do some research.

Jesus Christ that grip method looks terrifying.

Bob Vogel is a terrifying man.

Attached: bob-vogel-237-lbs-gripper.jpg (720x960, 66K)

Think about how much garbage information is out there for actual shooters to sort through. Now imagine you know nothing about guns except what other people who know nothing about guns have portrayed in other media.

Attached: cnn_objective_journalism.jpg (1842x1036, 135K)

Why do idiots assume that because a technique is not standard today, it must never have been? The thumbs forward grip is great, but it was virtually unheard of outside of IPSC before ten years ago. The military hasn't taught teacup grip since the 70s, but they're still not consistently teaching the modern thumbs forward grip. The crossed thumb grip is still extremely common.

Attached: N2S2FBNIDJAHDC3DYRRIIEXJ6A.jpg (600x400, 51K)

It’s intentionally done, or else the pistol would be overpowered against opponents. There’s a reason they don’t use holopoints in call of duty, it would make one hit kills the norm, and that wouldn’t be fun.

There's nothing wrong with teacupping.

Ergonomics are subjective.

Because pop culture is about appearances and getting likes and upvotes and being entertaining.

>The thumbs forward grip is great, but it was virtually unheard of outside of IPSC before ten years ago.
I think you're forgetting how old you are. My father taught me to shoot thumbs forward twenty years ago, and he's never shot IPSC.

>one hit kills
>wouldn't be fun
You think Verdun is not fun?

I wrap my left finger around the trigger guard and have done so for a long time so I have never bothered getting a weaponlight.

Attached: Proper Grip 4 Semi Auto - Thumbs Forward.jpg (1200x838, 595K)

they make these grips low in vidya because a high, proper thumbs forward grip means that you don't actually see much of the gun model

This is the reason for most video game shit with guns.
Guns that eject left instead of right, so you can see the ejection animation.
Overly exaggerated reload animation so you can see more of the gun model.
Camera in the same place as your right shoulder blade.

Pretty true. When I was in the army amd was issued a pistol I used the teacup method before one of my infantry guys who was a comp shooter showed me the thumb forward.

It does but it works
t. using it for ten years

How do you avoid having the gun eat your hand?

I have literally never had slide bite in my life

If you learned on more traditional grips, it feels extremely awkward at first. But if you practice with it, it will become comfortable and you will shoot faster.

Another thing people fail to understand is that the thumbs forward grip is all about recoil control. The old grips will give you just as good accuracy, and in some cases better, but will not let you shoot as fast. That's how people manage to get by just fine for decades using crossed thumb or teacup grips. The modern grip is only an improvement if you're shooting for speed.

>holopoints
>"one hit"
nogunz detected

What actually bothers me is how game asset modelers cannot get scale down right.
The M9 is a big gun, so either the modelers don't know how big guns are, or the marine holding that pistol has XXXL hands.

Everyone is missing the point of the post the "pop culture" is mainly referring to games and the games are designed to show the gun. (games because the OP references it) Simply put game designers are not always foremost on firearms and technique. The team that makes metal gear take the extra step. So yes OP my guy just slight aust. for creating the cluster fuck that everyone is involved in.

Attached: we4ratgfdg.jpg (680x794, 90K)

> implying teacup is bad

you must have weak hands if you cant teacup accurately

Attached: lFvTHBf09t4hyT53SNhMWwKPimQ.jpg (300x450, 37K)

This an the fact that game makers tend to use the same animation for as many guns as possible to save time. See

In ww2 the army told GIs to tea cup their 1911s

>teacup
>thumbs forward
I get that you'd ideally want to teach people an effective way to hold a pistol from the get-go but stop acting like its the fucking law and anyone who has any preference for a different grip is literally satan.
Like this guy said if something works for you and helps your accuracy without losing control of the gun then who the fuck cares.

Attached: india smg training.jpg (1024x715, 351K)