Last time you had an mre?

Me? Never. But fuck there's a lot of shit in this bag I was expecting

Attached: DSC_1718.jpg (4608x2592, 3.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KslGZ86Dt_4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

been a few yers since i had any mre
i remember sloppy joes was pretty good i gues.
my fave mre desert is the marble cake

It was still the 20th century

wewlad. did they still have cigerettes in em back then?

Sloppy Joe was way better than expected. I think these will be great for my backpacking fishing trips.

I would just remove the sugary Kool aid pouch, the extra salt. The coffee was decent and tons of fun to use the heater thing. Smelled like melted plastic, I filled to that line, but may have overfilled cuz if the bag is flat, yeah its not much water, but if ballooned, then the same fill line has more volume....

I felt weird eating it, thinking this is what soldiers ate day in and day out.

Attached: DSC_1721.jpg (4608x2592, 3.29M)

eurotrash here, the fuck is "sloppy joe"?

they put hats and tv remotes in MREs these days?

A sloppy joe is a sandwich consisting of ground beef or pork, onions, tomato sauce or ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, served on a hamburger bun.[2] The dish originated in the United States during the early 20th century.

Attached: Sloppy_Joe_%22homemade%22.jpg (1600x1200, 303K)

Basically ground beef with a thick tomato based sauce, onion, and other spices.

so basically a less stable hamburger

>I felt weird eating it, thinking this is what soldiers ate day in and day out.
You don't eat MREs day in day out for the most part. You eat class As and T rations at FOBs. MREs are only for when you're in the field with nothing else to eat.

sweeter too, but that's accurate.

Yeah it's like a loose hamburger drowning in sauce.

A few years. It was 50/50 but I didn't like the menu item. I'm looking to grab some for camping/hurricane fuckery but I have no idea what vendors to trust.

You forgot to get that out onto a tray

Kek'ed

nice

When you are in a true war where movement is required, i.e. invasion of Iraq pt. 2, you ate one MRE a day. Also for the small 8 man PBs that don't exist anymore in Afghan you ate MREs for all meals. Now though you have some dude to put trays in hot water and feed you the pig slop.

I have an MRE every few weeks to keep my MRE stockpile on a reasonable rotation. Usually if anything is over 5-6 years old I'll eat it an replace with something that's 2-3 years old. I've probably eaten about 50 or so at this point.

Every single MRE I've tried has been great except for the Buffalo BBQ MRE. Holy crap that was terrible. It had a very sour chemical kind of flavor. Imagine a sort of spicy synthetic tasting vinegar.

Last time I had one was in 1999. No complaints, kept side items for trade or Tabasco for normal chow. Then again I was always starving when I got one so might of been fine with anything.

2012, food shipments were being seized/blown up at Paki border, and our little FOB always had minimal food stores. After one of our trucks didn't make it we were on MREs for about 3 weeks.

Or if you were part of an element that spent weeks at a time on a patrol, like LAR, you would have MREs and UGREs, which are like MREs that can feed a whole platoon.

Ever have veggie omelet?

June 28th 2007, the day I was wounded and medevaced. I don't miss them at all.

Attached: IMG_0064.jpg (640x480, 176K)

The "vomlet" is one of the few on the menu I haven't had yet. I think they phased that out of the menu a while back due to very poor reviews.

Back to the main topic: Just about everything that isn't a fruit-based item has maintained perfect freshness, texture, flavor, and color. The other exception is cheese items. Those usually have the problem of becoming off flavor and the oil separating from the cheese, which can be accelerated due to being stored a warm temperatures. Some items, such as crackers, may last indefinitely. I tend to keep some of the side items and put those in emergency packs.

I remember when the veggie omelette stopped coming in MRE boxes. About the same time chicken noodle showed up. What a time to be alive.
And you’re suppose to kneed the cheeses before opening them.
>what’s the only thing you actually need from an MRE?
>the jah-lop-anno cheese!

2 months ago when I forgot to bring lunch to work and I had a Meatball one in my car.

It was meh. Meatball is pretty shitty, but everything else was dope. I also had UK beef, vegetables and dumplings 24hr ration. Tasted like beef stew.

Friendly reminder that if you're not eating Spicy Penne Pasta with extra Tabasco sauce, you're wrong.

Not yet.

>tfw poor
>tfw stole a box of mre's from a connex
>tfw living off of mre's in the states

Tuna one was my least favorite. Fucking fat free mayo taste drives me insane.

I eat one every time im working at the gunshows. Its p sporting and suckers vets into looking at my table for longer.

This.

Tuna is probably one of the better ones because of nutrition value and good stuff that comes with it.

Meatball was gross, I didn't like any of the pasta ones. Beef stew and jalapeno beef patty were great. Chili map is horribly overrated.

Fob Sharana by any chance?

Not arguing that, the mayo just ruined it for me taste wise. The rest was fine though.

>I didn't like any of the pasta ones
tortellini is gods gift to man

Everyone bitches about veggie omelette, but it same with great sides. Pop tart, hash browns, jelly and peanut butter. And I want to say skittles. It was legit.

Veggie omlette was always just rat fucked. No one ate it. Where is the LAR guy? 3d Lar back in 07, here. You ain't been packed until you been wolf packed..

I went with 3rd LAR to Iraq in 09.
CHA

connex? Is that like a surplus store?

I was there in 09. Bravo company, "blackfoot". I was on the XO's vic. Small world. We were out on the border for months.

Who /beef brisket/ masterrace here?

>And you’re suppose to kneed the cheeses before opening them.
In my experience when cheese is about 10 years old, kneading is not going to help with the oil separation issues.

I was in
[spoilersdontworkonk]grappler[/spoilersdontworkonk]
So yea, lots of time watching that Syrian border. RIP in peace Yazidi

It's a shipping container

The last time I had an MRE, I was down in Texas, training combat medics. The meals came in dark brown bags.

Attached: mre_bag-1988-no10-tuna_noodles.jpg (676x1024, 85K)

You stole from a shipping container? Was it just left open?

2 weeks ago I think
always try to get the brisket one with the tate cookie but usually get the shit cheesy macaroni pasta shit
fucking hate the cheese, some say the jalapeno is good but fuck that I just give or throw it away

They often are. Connex boxes are shipping containers but they’re often just left around for storage. Like a shed.

great for storing venomous spiders

Last time for me was May, 1997. Spent 3 days in the Nome airport, waiting for the weather to clear enough so I could catch a flight to my next duty station. Had an MRE for lunch every day, because the airport in Nome has no amenities whatsoever.

>april this year
>hiding in this abandonned factory complex admin building thing
>find some oil barrels or something in a back room
>haven't eaten in a couple hours, might be a good time
>unpack my xboxhueg backpack
>find my RCIRs, check them for a snack
>chicken paté, fuck yeah
>about halfway through the can, I hear a sound in the front room
>sneak up to investigate, tin can still in hand
>just as i reach the door, a zombie stumbles through
>kinda stumbles past me even
>OMAE WA MOU
>cut his head off with machete
>SHINDEIR-uh?
>screeching from the other room
>two more I didn't see
>step towards them, glance down hallway
>five more
>nope.exe
>run back to backpack, put it on, holtster machete, draw revolver instead
>five rounds of 11mm nerf™ zombie removal
>plus I can probably load a sixth one for me quick enough should they corner me
>getoutofherestalker.wav
>I think I actually said that aloud because one of them started moving towards me
>every day I'm shuffleing
>just walk around him for the exit
>shoot Z #2 in the face while running for the exit, chicken paté can STILL in my left hand
>gun malf'ed on Z #3, bad ammo
>literally jump through a window, almost lost my spork, while just firing the last two rounds over my shoulder to keep them back
>run innawoods
>2/10 would not hide in that place again
the frogs really know how to make good food, gotta hand it to them.
too bad they stopped putting bottles of wine into their MREs

>running for the exit, chicken paté can STILL in my left hand
I actually met those Zeds again later (they kinda respawned infinitely), and after I had killed them, we chatted for a while before they "despawned". They told me after they had chased me out of that building they had to take a break from zombie-ing, because the sight of me running with my breakfast in my left and the gun in my right was apparently so hillarious they were all cracked up, even their "invisible" supervisor was in tears with laughter.

youtube.com/watch?v=KslGZ86Dt_4

Attached: xxxxxx.jpg (480x360, 12K)

I think he means a big ass shipping container. Everyone I know calls them connex boxes

God damn that scene never gets old

Iirc, those MREs were made for Iraq 2. I wouldn't be surprised if you got one that sat in a warehouse in the desert.

I had to eat these things for 3 days straight, 3 meals a day once. Time in the bathroom was not fun. My advice, drink lots of water per meal so it doesn't get cloggy.

I had sopacko mre last month for lunch at work. Ah, nostalgia.

nice little hiss....

Cigarettes haven't been in rations in the US since 1972, you'd be talking to a literal boomer

Yes just like citizen burger but less stable and and has the ability to hurt you ,hence sloppy joe

Yesterday. Asian beef and vegetables for lunch. Shredded beef in bbq for dinner. I didn't have breakfast. The shredded beef had a pack of Skittles in it and jalapeno cheese spread and tortilla so I was pretty hyped about that.

Never had one, and I grew up in a military town. Want to try one but they're expensive.

Had a couple yesterday.
>nice

Just ask someone to give you a couple.

Dairy shakes are the best no one else liked them I would drink like 5 at a time.

Attached: dairyshake-vanilla.jpg (538x1024, 101K)

JROTC

Probably about 5 days ago
-t. Just got back from ITX

>vanilla
gross, the chocolate ones tasted so much better
strawberry was ass too

Attached: cat disgust 2.png (492x482, 358K)

Attached: Calorie Mate Steve (captioned).png (1280x720, 932K)

>chocolate
the worst.

I was on a COP up in the Afghani mountains. We ate MRE's 2 meals a day for 15 months straight.
>we did not get a third meal a day, we did not get any FSR's either
I lost 35 pounds there and I was already plenty skinny. We damn near starved because we couldn't get enough food flown in (usually due to weather), we were trading basically everything we had to the locals for food and still shooting and eating every nonhuman mammal we could find.

When we rotated out the platoon RIPing us commented that they felt like Auschwitz liberators we were all so sickly looking.

I don't know anyone that has any

Had one last Friday. Spaghetti with meat sauce. Sucked but was edible

What the fuck are you talking about?

I dont give a shit what flavor they are all good

The pudding is where its at though. I love it when it gets all lumpy and you get a nice lumpy bit.

well, 1972 was in the 20th century

just had one because my girlfriend is asleep and im hungry

Top tier summer barbe/k/ue food

>tuna with noodles
jesus christ man did you get bottom of the barrel? i refuse to believe someone would actually choose that

Mid 2000s my dad was given a bunch from his buddy who did a few tours in desert storm. My favorite was the meatloaf in mushroom gravy. It was really impressive. Last time I had one was 2009 during a bad ice storm.

Horrible. I'm from the Midwest and I seriously hate sloppy joes.

Tuna with noodles was not the worst of the early-90s MREs. Omelet with ham set the fucking bar. Tuna with noodles was at least edible with enough tabasco.

>tabasco
i dont even want to imagine what mixing tabasco with MRE-constipation feels like