The Great Wrath (also Finn general)

youtube.com/watch?v=0dPI1PzyWjg

>Yfw you are a poor country lad in the Eastern provinces of Sweden in early 1700s
>Forced to serve in Charles XII's army as an infantryman due to the Allotment system
>Great Northern War rolls around, no biggie, the war shouldn't be too long
>The war goes well at first, then king gets the bright idea to invade Russia
>"Oh well, ruskis have started building a city on stolen land, surely the war will be over after this place now called St. Petersburg is taken"
>"WTF are we doing in Minsk? And why are we marching on Moscow?"
>Army is running low on supplies, surely the king will wait for the supply column?
>"Seriously, you want to go to Ukraine now? Fine, the supply convoy might as well reach us there..."
>"What do you mean the convoy lost the supplies?"
>"We taking Poltava now, and Peter brought four times more men than we did? This is BS..."
>"Oh we are going to Ottoman lands now? Better than Ukraine I guess..."
>"What do you mean the king is refusing to go home?"
>"Finally home, haven't seen my farm for years..."
>"WTF Russia is attacking, our commander wants to keep retreating?"
>"This new commander is much better, if only we had the numbers to put up a better fight, we'll fight anyway..."
>Fight twice, lose both times, Russian occupation is harsh, after all this warring the Eastern provinces' population is decimated
>A century later your descendants fight another losing war with another Swedish commander choosing to retreat until the people whose lands the army is retreating start speaking Swedish
>Useless king more concerned with fighting Danes...
>Finland separates from Sweden, we the Czar's personal Grand Duchy now!
>Two centuries later some American idiot talks shit about your struggle to defend Finland failing because you weren't Swedish enough...

Attached: community_image_1400164024.jpg (700x341, 118K)

Where do I get that coat?

That picture triggers me. The Caroleans were known for their discipline above all and these cunts are just breaking formation how ever the fuck it pleases them.

Attached: 1533386691640.png (1660x964, 508K)

have you ever tried running in a formation? I have, it wasn't easy even though we didn't have muskets with long spike bayonets attached, back then the Swedish Army favored firing a volley or two before charging while everyone else kept exchanging volleys until something happened.

Neither of us have been trained like the armies of Karl XII were. The whole point of the Caroleans' tactics Gå-På was in their initial impact and demoralizing discipline. They would march in neat lines until something like 20 paces, discharge weapons and crash in those same neat lines into the already wavering enemy.

>a Swedish army and a Russian army are slowly marching towards each other
>both sides stop, Ivan, Igor and Pyotr present arms
>Kalle, Palle and Nicke also present arms
>Ivan shoots and steps back, Igor steps up to shoot, Pyotr prepares to step up
>Kalle, Palle and Nicke all shoot & then charge forward before Igor's officer can order "cтpeлять!"
>Russian general protests "WTF Karolinski OP pls Nerf!"

If the fucking gay pat was so effective, how come after 1720 Swedes had the military reputation of mincing homos in the Russo-Swedish and Seven Years' War?

Because the tactic relied of constant victories. Once Poltava happened, and that was 1709 already, they lost the initiative and it was all over for the Swedish Empire. They never recovered. The tactic was brutally effective nonetheless for its day and won many victories.

>Carolean officer
>having a Finn cite the Lord's prayer in Swedish
>in the background a Finnish woman seems to be pregnant with a Swede's child, implying Swedes are trying to eradicate Finns through out-breeding
fake and gay

Attached: 1528364730307.png (1074x937, 448K)

Sam Browne belts didn't exist in 1600s

Attached: 1528364541612.png (1424x1162, 974K)

They could just have kept on doing it, why would it suddenly become less effective once the Russians became able to stand up to it once?

Poltava was the end of the road. They had already lost a third of their manpower before it, had no supplies and lost a further 2/3 of their remaining manpower during the battle. The tactic had become strategically exhausted for the Swedes as they now faced a defensive war that they had no doctrine for. It either worked and routed the enemy or everyone died. The former happened many times, the latter needed to happen only once.

>ukraine
No such thing.

Jewish Finns?

thats not a sam browne belt, i think its just a adly drawn baldric and a cloth/silk sash. But some people did wear a belt over a baldric.

that's because they're charging dipshit
nobody charges in formation

Didn't I go over this already? The Caroleans did, they trained it constantly and begun their charge at close ranges so as to keep their lines as intact as possible. Factored in with the close-range volley and terrifying discipline that was the last straw and led to a rout of the enemy which were then cut down by chasing cavalry.

bump

We wuz jooz and shieeet

Attached: Vainamoinen.jpg (498x375, 51K)

fake news!