Reliable concealable 9mm or stronger handguns under $200

You read the title.

I'm female, want to start carrying. It's legal for me to CC and I grew up shooting guns. I just don't have any of my own, yet.

I'm broke as hell, but want to get a reliable, concealable firearm.

There's a gun shop nearby that has a fuckload of used guns, so I may be able to get things a little bit cheaper.

Attached: 13 year old me.jpg (720x720, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCvx9OLSVsKbeygjY0vTav-g/videos
gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/search?Keywords=TAURUS G2C&Sort=4&PageSize=96&mfg=1000271&mo=3002086
palmettostatearmory.com/ruger-lcp-380-acp-6rd-pistol-3701.html?avad=211021_d12f4c471&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl
youtube.com/watch?v=QoCtDWEUMkk
amazon.com/Traction-Overlays-Point-CF-380-Pistols/dp/B00V16230C
youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I'm female
btw, only mentioning this because it can make concealing guns harder, which is why I'm not just getting a hi point

nigger next time just say you're a really feminine trap who doesn't wear anything with pockets and carries a bag around

MP-40

G43

$200 is kinda of the minimum for anything of decent quality. You can get a used high-point for $100, but those use a Zinc alloy that won't stand up to use well and are bulky and difficult to conceal. Decent 9mm compacts/sub-compacts tend to be a fair bit more expensive and kick harder due to the power of the cartridge compared to the gun. I'd suggest broadening your search to include .38 spl snub revolvers and .380 and .32 acp semi autos. The later two options are less powerful than 9mm parabellum, but can be effective with the right choice of defensive ammo. The are also more concealable and easier to shoot in a small gun.

I'd say get a sccy cpx 1 or 2 they're tiny and cheap

if she said that the thread would be derailed from the start with trap lovers, including me

Makarov perhaps but that's more like 250 on the low end if I'm not mistaken

Can you or anyone, make a good argument for like, .38spl and .380?

I've never fired them. .45, 9mm, that is what I am used to. Also rifles and shotguns but, that's another matter and I already know what I want there.

I'm okay with like, stuff that's near 200. But not like 300.

>she

Also post tits

RUGER LC9, ITS SMALL AND HAS A 3 SAFETIES SO YOU WONT SHOOT YOUR PUSSY

I saw one listed ,unused, for $180, about an hour and a half away. Another in my town, for $200, says they shot only 100 rounds but uh, yeah I dunno.

I also think the 180 one is prettier. Stainless slide with black polymer. And they said they'd throw in a box of ammo with the pistol in their ad.

Should I, Jow Forums?

stainless finish slide*

Like, two tone. The other one is all black.

Here's a pic. 2nd mag doesn't even look like it's been loaded in really.

Attached: sccy.png (702x392, 553K)

Get a used Shield

Also, post tits

Go get raped and killed by niggers, fuck off roastie.
#sharia4texas

>I'm female
Shut the fuck up before I extradite you to reddit with a fulton extraction device you pancake stack nigger.

Attached: total_recall_nightmare_fuel_8492.png (228x263, 134K)

Do you carry a purse?
If you don't you could literally just get a purse for the purpose of ccw, that makes it a lot easier.

Palmetto State Armory has about near constantly had Taraus G2Cs on sale for 199$ or so.

That price range is pretty low. I get it, I was broke too when I was looking for my first gun, but here's some advice that people gave me: save up.

First of all for $200 you wont be able to find anything of decent quality let alone concealable.

Second, if you want a firearm to protect your life then its worth getting something decent.

All that being said, depending on your area you can get decent used .38 special snubbies for around $250, and that would be my recommendation.

Added note: Ruger LCP in .380 is a fine gun, just buy premium ammo.

.38 sp and .380 acp killed people just fine in the past and they'll kill people just fine today.

shield .45acp

Chicks have different cc options you fucking virgins it's relevant information

just about anything really. most assailants are expecting minimal resistance. a gun (any gun) and a rock solid game face will cause serious 2nd thoughts in them.

I was looking up this exact thing not too long ago
Ended up looking at about 3 different options
Haven't picked yet
Taurus PT111 G2
SCCY
Kel-Tec P-11

All compact 9x19mm handguns.
Worth noting is that Kel-Tec has excellent customer service

Post your game face Jow Forums

Attached: 1534121944154.jpg (568x320, 35K)

>female
You better be a cute loli like your pic

Attached: 1535174838354.jpg (653x555, 38K)

>cheap
>reliable
>small
Ruger LC9(9mm) or keltec 3PAT(.380$. Both are about the size of a normal men’s single fold wallet. In width too

Always there for you.

Attached: 1533490938734.png (500x592, 535K)

Unironically 3" Ruger 5784 SP101 6x.327 Federal Magnum

Attached: 5784.jpg (475x275, 20K)

...does someone here have the link to the store selling them under $500?

I just want to chime in and say that SCCYs are fucking garbage. Here's my experience in a nutshell.

>fire 100 rounds at the range
>slide hold open stops working
>one of the fucking frame pins starts walking out like it's late for an appointment

And then I sold it to a buddy who said he just wanted a gun to leave in his car.
Save your nickles and buy a S&W shield. I would not trust a SCCY with my life.

>Can you or anyone, make a good argument for like, .38spl and .380?

The .380 caused WW1. Can't get a better argument than that.

Save up some money poorfag

That is totally something I'm gonna say to people if I ever get a .38 lmao.

>Do you carry a purse?
Usually a messenger bag with a fuckload of documents, shit I might need throughout the day, etc.

That could easily conceal a firearm, and mine presently conceals bear spray (got it for bears when I'm hiking but better than literally nothing)

But, I dunno if I like the notion of having my gun not strapped to me. All it takes is forgetting my bag one time, and I'm in a pretty shitty situation in multiple ways. Or, someone managing to steal it, or any other number of things

BTW thanks for all the good advice, people.
This.
Different body types, different places that are better to hide a gun, different options available for CC, and more pressure to look good than guys have.

Guys can look good with the sort of clothing that can conceal a full-size pistol, and also have larger frames and lower standards in regards to appearance - so y'all can get away with more.

Jow Forums is a hotbed for traps. Posting your tits isn't good enough. You have to post your pussy next to a timestamp.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with .38 or .380. I'm gonna cop this from another thread I just posted this in:

a good self defense gun/caliber combo is defined by the following:

1)is it comfortable/unobtrusive enough that it will be carried whenever possible

2)is it enjoyable to practice with on a regular basis

3)can you make rapid accurate hits on a torso sized target with it at relatively close range(say 10yds or less)

No mention of ballistics potentialities just hit probabilities. Rapid hits count. Everything else is enthusiast dick measuring.

Your best bet is to go to a range that has rentals and try some shit out. Small guns are hard to shoot well without a lot of practice but easy to carry so the sweet spot is usually somewhere in between full size and pocket gun for most noobs.

Attached: 73b47f236bdc53601c935204824bab55--women-shooting-guns-magazine-photos.jpg (459x700, 44K)

>Do you carry a purse?

Off-body carry is shit. Only do it if you have no other choice(which usually means you're not willing to sacrifice fashion for function).

youtube.com/channel/UCvx9OLSVsKbeygjY0vTav-g/videos

Attached: Joan Crawford.jpg (348x400, 20K)

gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/search?Keywords=TAURUS G2C&Sort=4&PageSize=96&mfg=1000271&mo=3002086

Search pawn shops/fun store for a .38 snub revolver; I regularly find pre-owned S&W mod 36 or hammerless airweight for under $300. Ammo wise, I'd recommend standard pressure Hornady 110 grain critical defense. Practice/train with the gun and it will suit you well.

Attached: rsz_img_20180823_162325771.jpg (1512x2016, 546K)

You'll need to buy private sale, anything from a shop is gonna be out of your price range. sccy was mentioned earlier and it's a good choice. You can also get used M&Ps for $200 or under if you find the right seller. Might want to set aside an extra $50 and you'll have an easier time, plus you'll need ammo, a hoster, etc. Go to a shop and fingerfuck the different sizes of M&P pistols, they're nice and cheap. Small too.

Get .38 Special snub. If you grew up shooting, you know a bit about muzzle control.

Manufacturer and make doesn't really matter. Could be anything from a colt agent to a SW M10. Or a new Windicator.

No, you can't fight off a whole street gang with one. Tragic.

I really hate to be "that guy" but if you're a girl just get a boyfriend/husband that can carry a bigger gun. Then you won't have to worry about concealing your own as much and can maybe buy something a little cheaper since you have a personal goon that will fight on your behalf for you.

This is good info, but it's more important to have a grip that fits rather than a large frame.

Women have the advantage here, and that's just the way it is.

inB4 'what is meme gun?'

save the cash and get a better gun; how much is your life really worth?

I got ammo and holster already accounted for.
I think I might bump it up to 250, I dunno.
$200-250

Save up a bit, get a CZ 75 Compact.

>recommending CZ ever

Absolutely nothing wrong with CZ

Probably this desu, but you can get the *much* better LC9S for like $250-ish new now if you look around enough, or the LC9S pro (no safeties) for $20 more. Buds has it for that price right now I think.

get a hi point

Unironically this, will do better than any other gun at the 200 sollar price point. Even taurus jamomatics cost more.

consider buying an old russian PM - makarov pistol, or with bigger budget, original pistols in 380acp
makarov is quite reliable, if you manage to get some military ones manufactured in 1970s. it's also small and easily concealable
-----------

also, fuck russia all the way, even though they do have some nice guns

The assumption that you're an intelligent adult goes out the window when you don't read stickies or handgun general.

Also
>female

Tokarev in purse

OP here

I think there is some merit to the hi-point idea.

As much as I -detest- bag carry, I could do bag carry and never let the damn bag leave my body. There are bags that attach to you at multiple points, cute ones too, ones that you can stick holsters inside and shit.

I could just go with that, as a band-aid, until I can afford a high-quality firearm. Even though bag carry is dumb. If it's at the right height and I do it right, it should be just about as quick as drawing from IWB, if not faster depending on my outfit.

Dont knock bag carry. With the right bag and the right holster, it is extremely effective. The big upside is you can carry any size gun you want and not be concerned with printing.

Yeah. That is a huge advantage.

Also - would you guys say a hi-point is probably the most reliable handgun under $200?

I'd probably get a .45 because, why not go big if it's such a fucking ugly gun? already know I can shoot .45 just fine.

Also my #1 worry is: leaving it somewhere.

But getting a bag that's attached to me, should solve that.

SW Shield

Is it really under $200?

Smithy has garbage QC on their exoensive firearms, let alone their trash striker fired guns. Hipoints are ugly, disgusting bricka but if you use a factory magazine, it will not fail.

Last black friday those were on sale for around $200 if you can wait.

Here’s a LCP for 170
palmettostatearmory.com/ruger-lcp-380-acp-6rd-pistol-3701.html?avad=211021_d12f4c471&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl

If the OP hasn't fled in fear of the 4chins culture, just a few things from a guy who's "been there." My post is about 20% on the gun and 80% of the bullshit that follows afterwards

Any cheap handgun will do, the only unreliable ones I've seen are Jennings (those shit ~75.00 USD .22's that slamfire.) You want it cheap because:

1) The popo are going to confiscate it
2) The popo *WILL* confiscate it for months, if not years as you go through the court system

If it's a purse gun, you want a striker-fired gun so the hammer doesn't snag on whatever you carry in those things.
If it's a gun you will carry on your person, the lighter is better.

Honestly, you're going to hate to shoot the damn thing because it will be so light and not high-quality, so you'll want to run about a box or two of whatever hollowpoints (.380's should be FMJ) through the gun so you at least know what to expect when you pull the trigger.

Next, get some insurance so you can have a legal rep pull you out of the shithole you just fell into.

All that aside, here comes the stuff *you actually need to know* when it comes to using a firearm in self-defense instead of the fantasy circle-jerking everyone does on here with the:

>Ohh, a wild nignog is slapping my trap's ass with a glocknade with a stovepiped glock bullet in the slide
>I'll do a backflip, catch the bullet with my teeth, and spit it into his skull
>Clint Eastwood comes and presents me a gold trophy and some bags of cocaine
>America is white again

1) The police aren't there to help you, they're there to record a statement from
-You
-The "aggressor" (he'll say you're the aggressor, not him)
-Witnesses

(Cont.)

1) The police aren't there to help you, they're there to record a statement from
-You
-The "aggressor" (he'll say you're the aggressor, not him)
-Witnesses

2) You'll need to lawyer up. You don't tell the police fuck-all until you have a lawyer perched up on your shoulder. If they arrest you? Who cares? On-the-spot interrogation? Not a peep until you have your lawyer. Real life is that some District Attorneyes are assholes and hate the world, and they will hang you for the hell of it.

That means:
1) No talk about your gun (50% if the case right there)
2) No talk about why what you did was justified
3) No talk about why you're fucking around in an alleyway at 2 in the morning
4) No talk about *even laying a finger* on the aggressor

Just

>Here's my ID officer
>I was assaulted by this man
>I want my lawyer

Then you shut up. Not another thing. At all. Drill that into your damn mind. Whenever you state "I acted in self-defense," that's an admittance, according to law, that you used force (deadly or otherwise.) After that, the *burden is now on you* to prove in court (assuming the DA presses charges) that your use of force was justified.

Whatever you say is a statement that will be used against you and it cannot be used in your own defense. It will fuck you over and you'll be wishing that corpse killed you instead.

Afterwards, two things usually happens:

1) You're let go (you'll be questioned later)
2) You're in jail

Either way, you have a right to a legal rep (public defenders are worthless, get a real lawyer.) If you weren't imprisoned, write everything down. If you were, play it over and over in your head so you don't forget (if you write it down in jail, some detective is going to start sniffing around and crucify you with it.)

The lawyer's hardest job is unfucking your fuckup when you testify against yourself when you talk to anything that remotely looks like an officer or (God forbid,) the news media.

(Cont.)

>get a light striker fired pistol
>something in .380
You forgot to call OP "m'lady". Sign up for the NRA, free insurance and legal representation.

Attached: White_Knight.png (296x715, 67K)

The less you say, the better life is all-around. Best case scenario is that the bad guy's dead and you have to live with being a killer the rest of your life and a confiscated piece of crap you'll never see again.

Worst case is that the DA is a piece of shit to society and is out to screw you over... that's why you don't say anything about nothing until you lawyer is there. Your laywer is your #1 best friend

Cheers from the dark side of reality.

M&P Shield in 9mm, .40 S&W or .45.

NRA's insurance got screwed over by New Jersey.

Pick your head back up in the game and pull the dick skin out from between your teeth, faggot.

>"just rely on someone else to protect you"

Attached: 1492804091822.gif (424x240, 923K)

Are you cute? :3

Does your fedora automatically tip when you go full tilt?

>Last black friday those were on sale for around $200 if you can wait.
By then my budget is gonna be around $800

That's if I buy a high point right now. Or something around $200ish.

I mean I guess I could wait but... uuuugh this place is really unsafe and I outright avoid so much shit because I feel too unsafe going out alone even with pepper spray and a pocket knife that I dunno the inches but like, it flicks itself open, is really fucking sharp (I refrain from using it on anything at all, just use a shittier knife for that), and I got it as a gift from an ex. (real asshole ex but whatever) Didn't want me walking around with nothing at all to defend myself. Plan if I ever have to use it is only slashes because it doesn't have a hilt, ofc. Easy to hide though. Also pretty.

Anyway.

I want to be able to do shit -now- before winter hits. I want to go on long walks any time of day I want to. Bike rides, etc. I know firearms aren't a magic solution to danger, or bad shit happening, but it's certainly better than what I have going on now, in regards to self-defense. I don't have any kind of martial art but experience but I'm kinda interested in starting Aikido lessons as soon as I can afford it. Also did a boxing class in university so I'm not exactly 100% free of any kind of fighting-for-sport experience.

I was the only girl that got partnered with one of the guys. The other girls got all afraid at me and shit once I started hitting, I had to like tone down my punches for them.

My plan in such a scenario is to say that, my grandfather was a police sergeant in [x town] in New Jersey (true story btw), and that his advice was to not say shit till you're talking with your lawyer. Other than talking about shit, I'll be nice and polite and respectful and all that. As much as I can after a traumatic experience of shooting someone or whatever the fuck.

But don't worry - I was raised to know how to shoot, family CCd and told me to, at 21.

Thanks for sharing user. Important information, sorry you had to gain the knowledge first hand.

>But don't worry - I was raised to know how to shoot, family CCd and told me to, at 21.
Ran out of space.

They also gave me a lot of tips in regards to how to carry CC the right way. I only plan to draw when it is necessary - when they are okay to shoot - and unless they can make it clear they're no loner a threat (e.g., hands up backing away), I'll be shooting them ASAP.

But of course - every bullet has a lawyer attached to it. So it's gonna really be an absolute last resort thing for me.

I have put a whole lot of thought into it. Just wanna reassure you I'm not going into this as a newb to guns, I'm not gonna be stupid with it. I never want to draw the fucking thing, unless I absolutely have no other choice - even though there's a "stand your ground" law here and stuff. I've had a lot of people much more experienced than me, including a cop grandpa, telling me advice for carrying, for shooting people, for years.

Apparently it's very common that people wind up pulling a gun on someone in self defense, and then call 911 and -ask them what they're supposed to do-... and often in those cases the bad guy ends up with the firearm because they didn't shoot.

Ruger LC9

It's not fun. You're treated like a pimp whoring out a bunch of kids; just like a vile criminal. Your grandfather is spot-on, as well.

That's all you really need to say, and even then, you don't even need to say anything else. You can get away with:

911: "There was a shooting at x and x place
"Excuse me, officer, I'm not going to answer any questions until I have my lawyer present."

Or if the police are going full-retard, suffering from army-LARPing syndrome and shoving your face in the asphalt, --all you need to say is:

"I'm not answering any questions."
"I want my lawyer."

After that, it's the waiting game.

You have a solid plan on something you can use for now and you plan to upgrade in a few months time. Its always good to have an extra beater
Now poost bobs.

blue board.

Crossboard links are a thing, as are URL's. Ive got my fingers crossed for big, bouncy mommy boobs, but flat chested girls are cute too.

If you a buy a high point, it becomes deadweight as soon as you get a better quality gun.

If you get a snub, it's still situationally better, and fun at the range.

That's assuming you'll never want to fire from inside the bag, or jostle it enough to eject the mag. in which case, Snub> all,

>deadweight
>its not the perfect vehicle backup
>who cares if it gets stollen
>reliable, accurate fire is ever "deadweight"
Stick it in the glovebox. Pass it to a friend in an emergency

If anything is taken out of it, at least let it be "Don't talk to the cops."

Because a prosecutor will do this:

>Be travelling to Aunt Tillies
>Making some amazing chocolate chip cookies
>Melanin-enriched accoster accosts me
>Demands monetary notes from previously invested time accrual
>Pull out the persuader
>Accoster remains unpersuaded
>.45 enforces persuasion
>Make statement to copper-adorned civil servants
>Relay my endeavor to travel to Aunt Tillies for baking of cookies

>Two weeks later in gathering of like-minded peers
>"user, you told civil servant that you were travelling to Aunt Tillies to indulge in your lasciviousness in regards to chocolate chips cookies. Why did you need to carry a firearm for cookies?"
>"You were well out of harm's way on your travels, user; why did you make the effort to stop by and shoot my client, user?"
>"Are you a paranoid nut, user?"
>"user, you've procured several war dialogues on your mobile screening device, this clearly shows an individual who was looking for an altercation, and was determined to find one no matter what."

That's pretty much how it boils down with statements to the police.

Get a Smith SD9VE it's like $275 and it's 99% as good as a Glock 19

If u are REALLY weak or girly and have a little more money maybe consider the Shield 380 EZ.

Do not buy a tiny gun like a Glock 42 or 43 as a first gun. You won't enjoy shooting it and you'll probably never practice and soon stop carrying altogether. Get something that's pleasant to shoot, work up your familiarity and trigger skills for a solid 6-12 months depending on how often you practice.

Then ONLY after you're comfortable step up to a less forgiving gun like a subcompact 9 or a micro size 380.

I've seen Bersa Thunderers in .380 going for a little over $200 new. Used you might be able to get them under $200. The Argentinians kinda surprised everyone by making a decent quality but inexpensive PPK derivative. Make sure to research what JHP ammo reliably expands while penetrating 12" in ballistic gel. .380 is basically 9mm short, lighter bullet and less powder, thus has a smaller margin for ammo quality.

I have a protective domestic violence order against someone. A long term one.

They're out and about and potentially a danger to me (thus the restraining order), so I do have a pretty valid reason for wanting to carry, court proceedings backing up the validity of me carrying for self-defense purposes in all situations where it's legal.

Didn't really wanna bring that up but, do you think that stuff would give me a help in my defense?

Also I am in a very gun friendly state. I don't even need a permit to carry, open or concealed.

NOBODY CARES THAT YOU HAVE A ROAST BEEF CUNT YOU VAPID ROASTIE BRAP HOG GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

Virgin level: 9001

The bigger problem here is that OP is an attention whore that can’t even make one post with out going HURRR FEMANON HERE. I’d rather die a Virgin than be a pathetic white knight that enables vapid whore like that.

She has a valid point. Women have a harder time concealing larger firearms, have smaller hands, and different needs in a firearm.

I mean seriously. They're physically weaker than men, they're usually shorter, smaller, they tend to wear tighter, more form-fitting clothing. That's the societal standard.

Actually, there's one important modification to make to the HiPoint magazine that eliminates its occasional FTF's. Thankfully it's free and takes two minutes and a pair of pliers.

youtube.com/watch?v=QoCtDWEUMkk

Also consider buying one of these.
amazon.com/Traction-Overlays-Point-CF-380-Pistols/dp/B00V16230C
$10 for a set of grip overlays that greatly increase the traction you get on the gun. It reduces the felt recoil and makes them easier to hold properly.

This shit can not be overstated.
youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE

Ditch the toy, get a Glock.

If you save just a little more you can grab Smith and Wesson shield for about $250-300 and have one of the best concealed carry guns without the risk of it blowing up in your hand or breaking down after you fire 10 rounds through it like a Taurus or SCCY or any of the other poor fag shit these nogunz like.

>$200
Best hope is Taurus pt709 or g2c/millenium g2 at that price.

>no ogrish

Naturally, yes; but still, that's a statement you can give with your lawyer, not before.