/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
Most Abundant Calibers Edition
>Thread #681

Old thread here

Attached: 37672338_315801725832210_4632063980389531648_n.jpg (1080x836, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
combloccustoms.com/product-page/border-guard-green-custom-finish
gunbroker.com/item/783491568
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

I feel like this was an excuse to post your ugly ass rifles

>this level of absolute salt

Rifles are fine. Post yours nerd.

Gross

Attached: 20180616_190833~2.jpg (4032x1825, 1.38M)

What's up with everyone's obsession with US Palm grips?

Just the standard "You can't get them anymore so they're the best" mentality.

They're nice

Lol no one ever said they're the best, they just have a nice shape. They're like the curvy chink grips but with better grip

>has rails
>says rifles are fine
Big think

Attached: 20180802_175256.jpg (1440x2288, 2.74M)

nice get but that wood looks boring as fuck my man, you need to refinish with some red chestnut stain or something

>staining walnut with red chestnut
Gross
The whole rifle looks way better in person, which kinda sucks but also fine by me because the point is to have a nice looking and feeling gun - not to impress internet strangers, but I appreciate the opinion regardless

Attached: 20180714_134606.jpg (1440x1920, 2.35M)

what are the bottom two

Mak90 and sar1

>combloccustoms.com/product-page/border-guard-green-custom-finish
Anybody bought from these guys before? quality? looks kinda cool

It was. This should have been an "over priced bakes edition"

I spent so much money on Mags Accessories and parts kits reeeeee. I dont wanna spend even more stockpiling ammo but I’m worried about sanctions n shidd.

Attached: B646E75F-6960-461C-824B-C15B85B250CC.jpg (2576x1932, 1.15M)

Ammo is fine for the foreseeable future

Heck I just asked in last bread and now this one is up.

Would an m70 like gunbroker.com/item/783491568 still need the magwell filed to accept standard 30 rounders? Sorry for newfag /akg/ question.

Attached: 1526924817314.jpg (750x864, 71K)

historically, ammo is a solid buy, so long as you dont overpay. even without possible sanctions n shidd, value stays the same or goes up, it rarely goes down (significantly, anyway).
just something to think about.

No, it will accept standard mags

Do you think dropping a sizable amount for like 20,000-50,000 would be worth it or would i run the risk of any of it going bad you think? My shooting varies due to work but I can easily put a couple thousand rounds down range every 6 weeks.

>Capacity: 10
Gonna need more than filing unless you have nothing but time. Most people machine the magwell out.
Try googling the stock number (RI2088-N)
It'll show it is a low cap PAP.

Thanks for your help user.

Not sure why you would want to desu. Looms gross.

Attached: 1531058853910.jpg (1024x574, 58K)

depends what type of ammo you get and how you store it. if you buy Golden Tiger and store under good conditions itll be fine. If you buy unsealed ammo and live in a swamp it may not be ideal

quite

Attached: AKs.jpg (3000x2501, 2.42M)

Think I might do GT. Prob going to have to call sgammo and custom order it cause idk if they have that in stock in that quantity.

I didn't do the border guard finish you linked, but yes I've used them. I did Iodine Orange from them. Looks excellent. Sorry I'm not home at the moment or else I'd post a pic.

Where to get sticker?

I need another draco

Attached: 20180614_092953~2.jpg (3024x3305, 1.79M)

Skinwalker supply co, email him and ask about custom sticker for mag, or he might list the correct sized one cause everyone was hype about my custom ones on my bakelites.

Attached: 31B4CBCC-8BB2-4DFE-8B7C-5B253A3B8BE6.jpg (2885x4032, 3M)

>I'd rather have flat looking overpriced furniture from ironworks
ok famalam you seem to have the upper hand, I must concede

Attached: 20180807_122442.jpg (3264x2448, 1.01M)

Man I haven't heard Combloc Customs in a while. Do they actually sell furniture now? They used to ONLY do refinishing services for like $150-$200 a pop on ONLY ironwood furniture which is $250+

thats honestly an impressive amount, i was thinking on a much smaller scale, like a a few cases. ive never bought that much at one time so i cant help you.
fwiw, prices are fairly decent across the board right now so if you are considering such a large purchase, now would be a good time to look.

>implying I don't have surplus furniture or IWD furniture to match my bakes
Shiggy

Attached: 20180731_183256.jpg (1440x2167, 2.07M)

>paying someone to stain your wood
This is maximum fucking soi right here

Thats because it comes with 10 round mags. It will otherwise accept regular one too

not everyone wants burnt orange wood slathered in shellac

they sell you the entire set tard, you don't provide the furniture.

Google the stock number. It's a single stack NPAP, friend.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-28-12-38-26.png (1080x1920, 355K)

Oh okay
Well in that case it looks absolutely terrible. Especially with the reddish-orange under it, gives it a kind of gross brown hue to it. Looks like a sick persons poop

You are the big retard

Yeah I usually get 1-2k rounds as needed I’m just anxious about sanctions and what not. Least I don’t own a 5.45. Id love one but that seems like a nightmare to deal with.

>least I don't own 5.45
Then what the fuck are you worrying about? 7.62x39? Because there was one shitpost thread last week?

Not really the sanctions so much for now as the political climate. I’m imagining California tier ammo laws but all over.

"which is a tribute to the furniture that Soviet border guards received upon completion of service"
They get very rare Green Bakelite, not wood.

Attached: green bake.jpg (1024x679, 109K)

i got into 5.45 about a year ago. if new production 5.45 dried up overnight, i would still shoot and enjoy my 74, it would just be less often.

Why? Trump has been stuffing the courts and thus far Democrat performance at the polls has been mediocre.

Ak noob here. Why is a railed upper not common? I don’t want my optics all the way on the handguard, but there’s got to be a reason more people don’t do it other than “rifle is fine” meme.

The 5.45, while slightly more at risk of sanctions, really just suffers from a lack of readily available, quality ammo. Either find the ever drying up 7n6, buy meh tier tula or spend more on hornady.

Because the dust cover is not a stable surface to mount stuff on.
Also rifle is fine.

K but what is the most viable way to mount say, an rds on it then?

it gets really hot which can cause issues with some optics. you loose some support hand space because again, it gets hot there. depending on the optic, it can makes things heavier and bulkier out front. lastly, some people just prefer using the side rail

>what is rs regulate

what is a VZ 2000 sporter worth? $500 to someone that wants one?

I’m not a commie but trump isn’t really the bestest human ever for guns. He could undo clinton and bush sr’s import bans and bring back everything but Russian shit (which I think was sanctioned by congressional shidd). But he won’t.

ROM YOUR ARM UP ME.

Attached: image.jpg (1066x800, 693K)

Side rail that hangs up over the top with a pic rail or a gas tube rail.

a fucking scope mount that connects to that big ugly block on the side, mongoloid.

>wasr paratrooper
we got a hipster over here

Chill out vlad. I just want a shorty ak with a rds. No need to get angry.

I think that’s an RH-10. Paratroopers have the east-length Gad system

There is no political incentive for any politician to Oppose sanctions on Russian ammo right now. Dems wouldn’t oppose it because their base hates guns, and Reps can’t oppose it because they need to look protectionist/tough on Russia.

>RH10
blyat, you're right

Attached: 20180816_081933~2.jpg (4025x1615, 2.06M)

Attached: 20180422_154352.jpg (2666x1500, 764K)

>G Code furniture of something other than a WASR
Proper

Attached: Nun-of-you-will-understand.jpg (600x896, 93K)

If you really want a railed cover, Texas Weapon Systems makes one that does sit quite tight, and will maintain zero.
HOWEVER, popping the cover open a whole lot will loosen up the fitment over time, this will affect zero. Also if you drop the rifle on the dustcover, on like asphalt or something, that's very likely to shift your zero.
This is the one railed cover which works, but there are these ifs.

Otherwise, the other option is to use the scope mount on the side of the receiver, and attach a rail mount to that, to hang a red dot over the back of the receiver. This looks a bit goofier, but it's absolutely rock solid.

God forbid if you drop it with the dust cover hinged open
Also removing your iron sights isn't necessarily ideal for most

Attached: oof.jpg (1920x1080, 538K)

*draco-length gas system
My phone is having a stroke

Autism

you could just get an RS regulate and mount it on the side rail

I wanna build one that looks like the middle. From a weld kit or 80% in 7.62. Whats the parts list for this . Which reciever should i start with? Which parts kit should i buy?

please. please put the wood pieces together, this is triggering my autism so bad.

Your rifles are gross as FUCK

that's triggering your autism and not the fact he chose to have a separate FSB and GB like half an inch away from each other, instead of opting for a combo block?

>half an inch away
they're literally up against one another

sounds like a good time to get into reloading, though that isn’t to say it’s not always a good time

Yeah. It's not without drawbacks.

That's really why you would instead actually want an AK that's built for having sights/rails on the topcover, presumably anchoring somehow on the rear sight base, and maybe something with a slot for a pin in on the rear of the receiver to hold it damn well in place.

Currently looking at an SLR 106 for 1k. Seemed like a decent price for an Arsenal. I'm wondering though if it'll be a pain in the ass to switch out the folding stock with a triangle and if non 556 ak furniture is compatible. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

wood shit, rails best

sleepy

You need a bakelite or a slabside steel magazine to complete that look, IMO.

>switch out the folding stock with a triangle
Nope, its ggez

RIP Maxine Lovette

it literally takes like 2 minutes, all you need is a hammer and a punch/nail to drive out the pin

Just make sure whatever you buy is 4.5mm, since you have an Arsenal.

Bulgaria = 4.5mm
Russia = 5.5mm

Most aesthetic 7.62x39 magnified optic?

Attached: 3d66b7cf5ec7da5ce0f3726e60061a7f3007137dac9975058e7a0e7c1f6089bd_1.jpg (320x210, 19K)

the one with a clear picture and holds zero

whats a good price for 7n6 these days?

whatever you can afford. do you want them or not

yes but what price is reasonable like 25 cents a round

can you afford that?

I just bought a spam can of it for around 23 cpr about 6 months ago. If i saw it locally for under 28 cpr i would buy it immediately desu

Attached: glitchr_1535451377000.jpg (1512x1134, 437K)

Where can i get trench art ak furniture?

AKFiles, gunbroker, make it or otherwise very extensive hunting

Attached: 20180111_153237-2268x3024.jpg (2268x3024, 1.89M)

It's not guaranteed but if you have a Yugo underfolder, Apex sells genocide handguards.

I have both, even got a Norinco bake

Attached: 20180826_110323.jpg (2560x1440, 1.5M)

There's a guy selling spam cans of it on the files for $200 + shipping. Go for that.

that's why i was asking, i dont even have my gun built yet lol

Hi /akg/, noob question here

How many types of AK receiver side rails are there?

Specifically, I've got a MAK-90 and a WASR-10/63. Their rails look different. If I want to get a rail mount such as an RS Regulate mount or what have you, how do I make sure I get the right one?