Used by German, French and Norwegian army

>used by German, French and Norwegian army
>becoming the main gun of Marines
>used by special forces of every NATO country

At this point why won't they make it the standard NATO rifle?

Attached: 2.6372X_0.jpg (1600x1066, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/09/john-boch/heckler-koch-no-gun-sales-israel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they're choosing the F2000 instead.

Because money and some countries produce their own instead of importing
Example: UK (Will probably adopt AR anyway), Czech Republic, and Canada

Because France and Germany want United Europe army to have european gear. Basically economic protectionism and anti-americanism

>represents a small fraction of NATO service rifles in use
>hurrdurr make it the standard

>European Army armed with F2000's
We Endwar now.

Attached: Enforcer.jpg (428x600, 202K)

>At this point why won't they make it the standard NATO rifle?

Probably because of H&K's propensity towards Judaism via their love of proprietary shit.

>Economic protectionism and anti-americanism
>UK uses american equipment for infantry and communications, Frances uses almost nothing but american for gound forces vehicles and mobility, they even fucking adopted an AR-pattern rifle.

Shut up.

>Few days ago Merkel announces she would support Macrons plan for defense
>Also few days ago, there was the intention to gear Euro defense with EU made equipment.

Shut the fuck up.

Yeah, because it's a good idea to have a NATO force that doesn't depend entirely on the USA in case of conflict. We aren't planning a war against you, fucking idiots.

>H&K's propensity towards Judaism

Heckler & Koch: No More Gun Sales to Israel
thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/09/john-boch/heckler-koch-no-gun-sales-israel/

The joos ain't getting none of that kraut sweetness.

If the Norgay oilfags threw money at it it has to be good, right?

Attached: norgaysoldier.png (697x855, 1.4M)

I'm the dude you are replying to and I'm literally a huwyte european. That doesn't mean that i think we should use garbage local weapons systems to spite Trumps face.

That's exactly what you would say if you were hans...

>Garbage local weapons
>Almost all western and numerous eastern european NATO countries uses good, proven piston driven rifles like the HK 416,FN SCAR, FN F2000 and CZ BREN 2.

Invalid.

>major countries pardoning former commies are adopting American invention and have more or less adopted American rounds

Feels good.

Attached: bald eagles.jpg (900x642, 167K)

It's an AR clone. I can't get excited for something so bland and normal.

>t. we should use billions of tax payer euros to develop new drones and warheads when american gear is already top notch
Germans and French don't even want to spend on their own military NOW, and I'm supposed to believe that they'll invest 100s of billions in R&D for the Eu defense pact? yeah fuck that noise.

I would guess that it's good for soldiers morale to handle a weapon that is made in your own country, even if it's essentially a copy of another one.

HK416 is 3x more reliable and 2x more accurate than American rifles. Those are results of US Army tests.

It's the gun preferred by US special forces and marines. It's also the gun that killed Osama.

Also can fire submerged in water. The HK416 is basically the logical evolution of the AR-15 platform.

It's super expensive because shoving a piston into the AR15 takes some serious krautism to do it right.
Also, standardizing rifles will cost money, cause butthurt everywhere and not have any benefits.

I wonder how France adopting a german rifle could lead to this discussion. Make your own thread for that.

You realize European companies like BEA are already supplying USA with equipment worth billions right? EU military industry is doing perfectly fine.

It's 60% more expensive than M4 wile being over 2 times better.

Western countries don't keep giant conscript armies, we can afford expensive gear.

>being over 2 times better
Wew, good thing you finally found an easy way to measure the quality of rifles.

Also, by most opinions the 416 is not that much better to warrant even switching for the US Army, far less so for armies that would have to retrain entirely.

Same for Thales, who supplies the U.S, UK, Australia and others

Well, I don't he meant it that way. But you gotta admit, the HK416 is an improvement over the standard direct impingement action. You take an already excellent rifle, you replace the one liability in the whole system (the action) and replace it with a better, more durable, solid short stroke piston system, which has been proven many times before.

>not that much better

Being 2 times more accurate at 300m and having 75% less stoppages is not enough?

Marines want M27 to replace both LMG and sniper rifles.

What does this do that a poverty pony cant?

it uhhhh....... POORFAG HAHA GOTTEM

kidney failure killed osama

Sustained fire
Lots of it

I'm sorry; what does that have to do with the lower again?

What are some advantages it has over the current m4? this shit looks nice
I want

>Norgay oilfags
Now now Sven. Dont hate the player, hate the game

>sniper rifles
You mean DMR, and even then it's still only a 5.56 with all the limitations that brings. It won't be the new be all end of of DMRs, they need better long range performance out of a round for that.
Also is there any difference in barrel length between the tested rifles?

No barrels last over 10k anyways

The AR isn't DI

HK guarantess 10k iirc

yes it is. Just because it vents the gas out of the ejection port doesnt mean its not di. Stop this fucking meme

its not DI because it doesnt direclty impinge you fucking dolt.
it uses a god damned piston

Steel or brass?

brass with steel core bullets. norwegian nato ammo

Are you retarded? The AR-15 doesn't use any piston. It's just a tube which redirects the gasses into the bolt to push it back to cycle another round, and that's what you call DIRECT impingement you fucking brainlet.

Isn't the Oilfag version of the 416 fitted with a different barrel?

nah i think its just the standard 16 inch one

16 inch heavy barrel with gas regulator iirc

>with gas regulator
isnt the normal/silenced feature standard? huh

This

It wasn't on standard versions until the A5 generation. The Oilfag version is basically the A3.

Is that a FAMAS?

No it's an INSAS.

Ah
Figured we'd go for something as heavy as possible, the damn thing took over for the G3 after all.
Gas regulator was probably something from the SF requirements, id guess

>Judaism

Attached: tiV2b9K[3].jpg (521x433, 31K)

see

>The AR-15 doesn't use any piston
The AR has such a fucking piston-ass piston that it takes not one but three fucking piston rings around the piston just to make sure even a nogunz cretin could see that it was a piston. Cretin.

It uses a short-stroke piston to move the bolt carrier instead of a gas tube. This means that there's less hot gas blowing back in the face of the user during sustained bursts. This also allows it to vent off more gas, so the system runs cooler and cleaner. It also has some other niche advantages like being able to fire underwater without exploding.

Nobody calls it a "piston," though. Everyone calls it a "gas key."

it offers no significant advantage over a regular AR + pistons are a meme

Meanwhile the US civilian version is still stuck with a gay untreated "target" barrel and no ambi controls.

Attached: 1534810165905.jpg (1408x1387, 113K)

>Western countries don't keep giant conscript armies, we can afford expensive gear.

Attached: n1dx4x05s8vy.jpg (1920x1080, 557K)

Did you just fucking call the gas key a "piston"?

NO!!! its not the fucking gas key you magnificently braindamaged mongoloid

the bolt is the piston

But it does offer a significant advantage over the Minimi/M249 when you can just train everyone in the squad to operate basic AR controls and reloading. Ian and Karl explained in a video that it's the same logic behind the USSR's switch from the RPD to the RPK.

>same retarded fags

Bahaha get a load of this guy. The gas key redirects gas into the BCG, driving the bolt forward, rotating the bolt through the camway unlocking the bolt from the chamber, and then the second have of the extension from the bolt drives the BCG backwards, hence why the camway is not a straight line.

>the bolt is the piston
Explain this mechanically.

>The AR-15 bolt is a piston so in my flawed logic it's piston operated
Oh no. oh no. Oh dear fucking god oh no. I did not expect that.

Attached: 1535408645578.jpg (900x729, 84K)

Attached: 1520270375363.png (479x404, 215K)

Thank you based internet gunsmith. Did not know that.

do you literally want me to dig up stoners fucking patent, in which the bolt is listed as a piston.
Or do you want me to explain to you how the moving part in a gas cylinder is called a piston?

>The gas key redirects gas into the BCG, driving the bolt forward, rotating the bolt through the camway unlocking the bolt from the chamber, and then the second have of the extension from the bolt drives the BCG backwards, hence why the camway is not a straight line.
I am assuming bait at this point.

>finland
>western

Attached: 0_CATERS_SINGING_SEALS_THREE_TENORS_01-800x498.png (800x498, 609K)

Negative. Here's a diagram.

Attached: 387bf-ar15-gasimpingement.gif (1072x268, 144K)

You mean this?
>This double function consists of the bolt's primary function to lock the breech against the pressure of firing, and secondarily, to act as a stationary piston to actuate the automatic rifle mechanism.
>TO ACT AS A PISTON

In which way did he called the bolt a piston, you fucking braindead?

Attached: AR 15 stoner patent.png (2320x3408, 202K)

Just because it was used in a historic event, it doesn't make a rifle good.

I like the 416 for it's aesthetics and what it was involved in, but the thing beats itself when in use.

It was prone of beating itself when used with M855A1, but not standard ammo.

>2 times better

The rifle is more reliable but the rifle beats itself up a lot quicker.

How does someone get so dumb?

>European countries using European gear is anti-Americanism
You stupid fucking burger nigger

I don't know honestly.

And that makes your case better how?

if this is true, this is a stupid fucking move. the 416 is better.

Attached: tumblr_ll1u29dOBQ1qd74g2.jpg (500x375, 79K)

>If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.

If the rifles serve their combat purpose, it would only be a waste of money to re-tool for a different weapon. Might as well use the money for another program that needs the upgrades even more.

in your sentence and

>The annular groove 60 formed in the forward extremity 81 of the bolt 25 serves both to reduce the weight of groove 60, in conjunction with the stem 61, defines a piston 84 whose perimeter engages the cylindrical wall 85 of the chamber 27. The perimeter of the piston 84 is thus disposed in sealing

Any gas-operated rifle will beat itself to death eventually if it's overgassed. I don't see how that makes the 416 worse than a standard AR. Generally the answer is just installing a heavier buffer.

I'm not saying the M4 is better or worse, because of the fact that the two platforms function differently. All I'm saying is that the 416 as a service rifle is kinda a dumb idea due to the fact that parts wear a lot quicker due to the piston design.

the piston system might be more violent, but the fact of the matter is that the 416s outlast m4s, and does in no way have a problem with part wear

>all the butthurt in those comments.
The loyalty conservative Americans have for Jews is something I can't wrap my head around. The same people who complain about welfare queens and the excesses of social services for their own fellow countrymen will in the next breath defend handing billions of their own tax dollars over to a foreign country.

Attached: 1527749514690.jpg (500x282, 84K)

I'm sure the barrel would wear out before any other parts, though.
All the more reason to buy H&K. We need to support them since they're on the verge of bankruptcy without the inflow of all those jew-loving boomerbux.

first thing that goes on both systems are bolts.
lugs will start to shear

Well, this thread just devolved. Regardless, AR-15s are lighter than 416s, and the gas impingement it was made with just works well enough.

>The loyalty conservative Americans have for Jews is something I can't wrap my head around.

It's a Christian thing.

It started with the Scofield Reference Bible from 1909 that erroneously claimed the Jews were "God's chosen people" or something.

lol, no. It's specifically a burger thing

Attached: 1520797589632.jpg (378x567, 76K)

Hold on user, there are plenty of shit guns that have gone to war, and we aren't exactly running around with "the gun that killed hitler". Not that the HK416 is shit, but rather lets not sensationalize it as some sort of super weapon that could only kill Osama by some kraut magic. Osama was a man, not a demon.

At least for an army, steel vs brass won't matter

ya know, I'd be interested to see what would happen if INSAS was made by a western company. Maybe it would actually turn out relatively decent in the end with real manufacturing, instead of lawn furniture company parts and a rivet gun gone awry.

>lets not sensationalize it as some sort of super weapon that could only kill Osama by some kraut magic. Osama was a man, not a demon.

Attached: 1527535937260.png (600x600, 41K)

nope. theres die hard israeli fanbois in europe too