Gun Shows

ITT: We talk about buying/selling, good finds, and fud stories at gun shows.

I'll start. How much would you think some random would buy a mid range ar with a nice red dot for?

Attached: GunShow.jpg (600x399, 105K)

You need to be more specific. What red dot? Used?

I've had good luck at gun shows, got a K31 for $300 in February

Attached: 20180630_132121-1612x1209.jpg (1612x1209, 653K)

Jow Forums talks a lot of shit about gun shows but the one in my area (Philadelphia) is actually pretty decent. I've found tons of good deals on fudd guns and shotguns. I've even found some more obscure handguns for good prices. The trick is to know that there's going to be a lot of gougers there, especially when it comes to ARs and popular defense weapons.

Sig Sauer Romeo5 1x20mm on a PSA 16" M4 Carbine 5.56 NATO 1:7 Lightweight M-Lok Classic Rifle. They are both on sale atm and i'm trying to decide if I should pick up two of each and sell them at the next local gunshow to make some cash.

gun shows a dead now after sandy hook all the good shit got bought and sold onlie for 10x the price now its just basic bitch ars overpriced mosins and tables with m1 grands that say DONT TOUCH NOT FOR SALE!!!! on them

>PSA
>mid range
>SS romeo 5
>nice red dot

el oh el

waste of $13

Is there any hope or prayer to find a carcano for a not horrid price at a gun show
I just want to have the same service rifle my great great grandpa did :^(

Gun shows are just flea markets for Jow Forums-related stuff, and like any flea market, they're hit-or-miss. You'll go to lots of shows and find nothing but overpriced crap and leave with nothing but a bag of jerky. But then every so often you'll score a great deal on something you really want. The secret is to go with no expectations and always be prepared to walk away.

The secret of gun shows is all of the good shit has already been picked through before the doors open to the public.This is why fags rent "do not touch" gun display booths. They get to look at and buy the best shit during the setup hours before the show even begins.

You will never get a good deal at a gun show.. All of the old men can use the internet too. They know how much their pile of shit is worth. The only question is will they find a sucker who is dumb enough to pay their ridiculous markup

Okay I’ve got a good one, I’ve been debating making a thread on it but this is a good place to put it.

>be me
>2 weeks ago
>go to local gun show I’ve been waiting for all week
>signs all over town so I’m expecting there to be a decent amount of vendors
>get there and walk around for a while seeing what there is
>find a nice AK for a decent price and after talking to the guy for a few minutes decide to buy
>says he’ll even throw in a box of 7.62 for free
>sit down with lady and start filling out paperwork
>she was really quiet and kept looking at me kind of funny
>finish paperwork and hand her my credit card to pay
>she fiddles with the machine for a few minutes and tells me it’s broken and that she’ll have to call the gun shop they own to run the card
>finewithme.exe
> she calls and talks with someone for a minute and then says starts “reading” off my number
>I don’t have it memorized but I at least kind of know it
>she is saying comepletley wrong numbers
>finishes, waits a second, and tells me that my cards being declined
>well that’s really weird I know I have way more than enough money in my bank account
>she tries telling me that maybe my bank is putting a hold bc it’s a larger purchase
>I doubt it bc I’ve bought more expensive things before and it’s never been an issue
>tell her to try running it again
>she reads off a different number from before and I know for sure now that it isn’t my card number
>says it’s declined
>I tell her to hold the rifle for me and I’ll be back later
>called my bank just to make sure and they said nothing was wrong
>didn’t go back

Why did she do that? The guys selling the guns were super nice and didn’t seem to have an issue with me

Actually carcanos are pretty available since there isn't really any demand for them.

>good finds
I just like combing through the piles of junk parts. I've learned a lot about firearms in general from them (and all without damaging a working firearm). Most interesting was a Belgian copy of a Greener shotgun- just the receiver for $15. Most useful were some really cheap old wood stocks to practice finishing and repairs on.

>she is saying comepletley wrong numbers
that's why it got declined

Gun shows are great for old double shotguns. They can't shoot steel for duck hunting, so most sellers just get rid of them for cheap.

Almost got 2 old carcano rifles chambered in 308 for 200$ but he would not sell since my license was out of state reeeeeeee but tx allows rifles sales to people with out of state licenses

this. also for some reason the gun shows around my areas have a lot of 1897s. like, a LOT, for about $600 all day long.

should i grab one? i know they're pieces of history and all that shit but are they still practical for hunting?

>t.oaks fag

they thought you was bad news.

>are they still practical for hunting?

First, make sure the one you're looking at has a 2.75" chamber. Lead shot is banned for migratory birds- check to see if it is banned for other things in your area. If you want to hunt with an 1897, you can't shoot steel. You'll have to use things like hevishot classic doubles, tungsten matrix or bismuth shot. It's quite a bit more expensive than steel.

Headed to my first one on the 8th in Houston

Probably the way you dressed and your mannerisms made her uncomfortable to sell to you, and saying your card is being denied is a way to refuse sale without giving you a reason to blame or get mad at her. Next time either bring cash or try to hide your autism a little better.

You should've said something as soon as you realized she was intentionally reading off the wrong number.

It's true, I picked up this hardware store double last year from a small local gunshow for 80 bucks.

Attached: 20180203_113232.jpg (656x881, 501K)

Holy shit, nice, what brand?

This.

Know that small gunshows in armpits of america will have cool shit.
>i bought a lightly used coonan 357 for 700 at a gunshow in new mexico.

W. Richards, it's a Belgian beater you could buy for 5 dollars and was made somewhere between 1860-1898. It has twist barrels so I have hand load black powder brass cartridges for it. For what I paid for it I got my moneys worth.

Attached: 20180203_113148.jpg (518x1532, 614K)

>but are they still practical for hunting?

Only the most dangerous game