First gun

Got a ruger mark IV 22/45 lite. Did I do good?

Attached: boltStop.jpg (1000x700, 204K)

double check recall status on your model

It is a gun I want. Kind of a weird first gun but it is fine.

Solid choice, OP. Especially if it came with a threaded barrel.

Serial starts with a 5 so I believe I'm good.
Threaded barrel but the crush washer is missing. The counter person must have lost it when he demonstrated it was the threaded one. The nut on the barrel came loose today when I fired it at the range.

You did well.

If your serial number starts with a 5, you're fine. If it starts with a 4 and doesn't have an "S" marked on the white dot when it's flipped to safe, you need to send it to Ruger to fix.

Give them a call. They might have found it later and just put it in the lost and found bin.

The black sights on it are crap, anyone recommend better sights for the ruger mark 4?

They are not crap. Get gud fgt.

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about the sight either. Since it has a rail I'm probably going to get a decent micro red dot. I've been told that it's basically cheating since it makes it so easy. I may wait to do that so I can practice with the iron sights.

Call them and see if they left it, or buy a New washer as they’re cheap. One of those Ruger pistols are a real pain in the dick to disassemble but it’s still a great shooting one. I’m more of s fan of the mark IIs and IIIs

The Mk IV actually solved the disassembly shit. You press a button and lift the rear of the upper off. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

>send mark 4 target to ruger for safety fix
>gets it back and fire it, wont eject rounds properly

Thanks ruger

Beretta 92FS

Attached: JS92F300M_3QT_L_FT.png (840x581, 305K)

get the fuck out of here with that shit tier meme gun
go fucking larp Lethal Weapon somewhere else

“williams fire sights”
but honestly just learn to shoot the shitty sights and learn how important sight picture is

>beretta m92fs is a cheap, reliable, accurate, ergonomic full-steel double-single with a good trigger and sights, yet I hate it and call it a "meme gun"

Attached: grayons.png (500x533, 57K)

You told him
Glocks are definitely better than any other handgun ever made

Great gun, you're gonna have a lot of fun with it. Remember that a 22/45 can handle shooting garbage ammo reliably so buy a 525 brick of remington thunderbolt and go at it.

Since it's your first gun, stick to the stock sights for a while to build up your skills. If anything, paint the front sight with some orange paint or nail polish.

I have watch more M9s disintegrate on the firing line during training and quals for the military than all other firearms combined
I am just talking about what I have seen first hand
a 9mm that can't take military issue is garbage plain and simple
the Glock is a $400 gun
it shoots like it, it feels like it, and it lasts like it
it's excellent for the money but it's not better than any other gun ever
I would however say that it's a good choice for someone that needs a handgun but doesn't want to get into the sport/lifestyle of shooting

>implying military issue isn't shit made by the lowest bidder
>muh m9 iz no good for military service

You wouldn't happen to be an ex-marine would you?

>full steel
Spotted the nogunz, have you even ever shot one?

>implying military issue isn't shit made by the lowest bidder
if anything, issue ammo tends to be on the lower end power wise
it does tend to not be uniform in length, sizing, or primer seating which leads to a lot of issues but should not make a decent gun dump it's guts into the gravel
I have without issue fired it mil issued 9mm out of a good number of other guns with varying degrees of success
I have put a lot of ammo through a lot of different guns
I love some and I hate others but only the 92 pattern will I consciously avoid

also, not a marine

without issue meaning the gun didn't come apart or break while shooting

>I have watch more M9s disintegrate on the firing line during training and quals for the military than all other firearms combined
>I am just talking about what I have seen first hand
I'd imagine that those M9s have been shot a hell of alot more than any other guns you've seen though

I prefer full steel pistols for range shooting. I prefer double-single for range shooting. For carry I'd stick with striker-fire tupperware. Lighter weight and more reliable (but shittier) trigger is good for carry and bad for the range. It's a question of what the gun is used for, just like every gun. M9 is a good range gun, and that's what I use mine for (yes I own one, am biased, fug off)

t. 30 y/o boomer who loves muh full steel

Attached: 1535836008263.jpg (269x211, 8K)

you'd think but no
I got a crate of brand new ones, cleaned them, and issued 60 of them for a class
one blew up on the range and the class was halted

The frame on your gun is aluminum you tard.

Anyone else have issues with the takedown pin walking out after like 130 rounds?

not on my MkIII but I don't know what they changed for the MKIV

>military
>milspec
>trust it
>any year past 1950
>ever

Attached: 1536100064629.png (338x654, 349K)

Rate my first gun.

Attached: rsz_img_20180119_215911663.jpg (3006x5344, 1.79M)

Been eyeballing them whenever I'm out. Torn between that model or the SS fluted barrel model.

Oddly curvy, Do the bullets even fly straight?

Not if you do it right, you have to twist your wrist to make them go around corners.

It's an alloy, ya dumb coon.

You don't even know what the term "alloy" means.

What are you going to do with that?

Drive urban youths from my neighborhood.

Mine rattles.

Teh intarnet says it happens with some of them and it doesn't affect function at all, but... my gun rattles. :(