Why is my favorite gun such a meme here? I know it's a fud gun but I love the aesthetic...

Why is my favorite gun such a meme here? I know it's a fud gun but I love the aesthetic. It's the first gun Im going to buy after I get a handgun for conceal carry

Attached: 78227b526f66fbebee7594336276abaa.jpg (1824x1368, 314K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ruger.com/products/scoutRifle/models.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everyone's favorite gun is a meme here
Been thinking about getting one of these too

>fud
Secondly Jeff Cooper is dead, you don't need to virtue signal and you can't fellate a ghost.

This

Attached: knomw.png (431x846, 73K)

Almost as though fewer than 1% of 1% of us will ever use a firearm in anger, and all this purchasing of, and obsessing over firearms accessories And tactics is actually just an entertaining hobby with no real return.

Fucking kek

get the fuck out of here.

Attached: Reaction-pic---Crying-meme.jpg (700x700, 149K)

>tripfag

I don't even know who Jeff Cooper was though, I just read the scout rifle ideology and thought it sounded cool

Do it. Meme guns are fun.

Attached: ruger gun site_.jpg (5184x3456, 3.66M)

>cool
Yeah, you're beyond hope. Enjoy your trash.

excuse my plebitude but what's it called

Not him but regardless of the scout rifle meme if you can't see something nice in a small bolt action rifle with iron sights in a full power cartridge you're a faggot

K is full of kids

I mean its in the file name but

ruger.com/products/scoutRifle/models.html

Man they're sexy

Attached: Scout.jpg (2200x1400, 1.39M)

.308 *sips*... *looong cigarette drag*... now that's a caliber.

Very clean my guy.

The concept of the Scout rifle is logical and well thought out.
I looked at a ruger on the used rack with a scout scope on it and was impressed by how well it seemed to work. No eye relief if nice, could kinda have both eyes open, no scope over the rear so can be manipulated left handed.

I find fault with the rifle itself, for the purposes idea Cooper laid out, they really should have a very light barrel and a synthetic stock because if it gets too heavy, you start getting to semi auto territory.
If you could only have on rifle it seems like a good idea, not great at everything but would do well enough to solve any realistic issues you have.

good.

*one rifle

Yeah, something half the cost with a more interesting history behind it than
>this one wrong retard pitched something 30 years behind the curve and is still conning people out of their money while dead

I actually laughed at this

Like what?
Shit in unfindable snowflake calibers don't count

Deep down you know it's true.

Don't buy an M1A. I used to run one as a primary (inb4 Boomer Fudd) and while I did have some fun shooting it at 300-600 yds, it is heavy and expensive to maintain and ultimately you will be investing into a dead platform.
Scout rifles are also pointless IMO, as you could just bolt a scope to a battle rifle and call it a day.

Pure liquified sex

Literally any milsurp rifle (even dead calibers)

I said "small"
And fuck showing up to 5 gun shows just to find two boxes of ammo

>the only rifle to ever exist was the 91/30
Carbines ring a bell?

ScoutsKnives

I canot suppress that

Yes, most of them either shoot dead calibers, were built by baboons or are impossible to find.

>in anger,

Why would I be angry?

Attached: Poor Fool.jpg (567x600, 527K)

Looks pretty cool to me

Attached: 1-020.jpg (1024x293, 74K)

Where's your can?

Behind paperwork i don't want to fill out and pay for.

I'll wait till Trump passes the HPA. Oh wait....

Unless you just like fondling guns, it always seemed kind of stupid to collect a bunch of guns in calibers you will never find or bother to reload for. Vetterlis are cool rifles but 99.9% of people can't reload 10.4x38mm Swiss.

Ya, nah. They're unnecessarily heavy without modification, and even then aren't as accurate or long lasting as a modern rifle. To say nothing of ammo cost and detachable mags

didn't even know vortex made a long eye relief scope
everything ive owned from them had no more than 3 inches

>make a bolt action rifle
>no fuss
>call it a scout rifle
>suddenly it's shit and the worst thing ever made by man

Crossfire II Scout

Leupold makes a scout scope for about double the price, but I don't think it's double-ly better

>make a bolt action rifle
>cool
>put the scope a foot and a half away from your face
>suddenly it's shit and the worst thing ever made by man

>charging an arm and a leg to drill and tap a rifle
>putting the scope a mile and a half away from your face
Yeah nah, I'm all for consumerism but the Scout is textbook persuasion. Typically things you never knew you wanted you never paid no attention to because they are, well, worthless. It just takes a bold salesman to pitch it, a little prestige, and boom he's retiring at 20 because yuppies eat that shit up.
>muh Cooper
My only complaint is that he still isn't alive posting youtube videos of him laughing his ass off in a hottub with grade a strippers that were bankrolled by all the people he conned into buying a Scout.

Ya, what dumbass thought that was a good idea

Attached: IMG_20180905_211111_423.jpg (640x480, 72K)

Scout scopes are great (albeit really no different from electronic sights save for a few details) and nobodies getting charged an arm and a leg for anything. The rifle comes with a full length rail that maintains the same profile, should you desire to mount an optic normally

Gotta love how you get autistic screeching every single time you dare talk about the GSR on Jow Forums

Jeff Cooper never made any money off of scout rifles because he was only tangentially involved in the few factory made scout rifles out there. Up until the Steyr came out (and really only once the Ruger came out) people that wanted a scout rifle had to build one

I was never conned into buying one, but I shot a losing that was bubbad into a scout rifle. It was so easy and fun to use. Easy to keep both eyes open, so you could snap to the target fast and not have to hunt around for it. It’s a great concept for a short action, better than an acog or similar arrangement because the scout scope obscured so little of your dominant eye’s vision while still giving you the magnification. I’ve wanted a scout rifle ever since I shot that thing, but I never do take the plunge because I already have 20 or so guns and I’m getting into other hobbies.

You can buy whatever you like, but don't expect other people to approve or validate your decisions. They're naturally going to joke about things they believe to be silly or incorrect.

I am an oldfag and I know this to be true - but it still hurts.

Attached: feelz.jpg (484x497, 35K)

How can it be your favorite if you dont have one? Protip, Ruger's triggers suck hard. Get a savage instead.

Hey guyth scout here just got done scouting

Attached: IMG_0592.png (247x480, 207K)

>Ruger triggers suck
What? M77 has a solid trigger out of the box. Plus there are actually timneys available for them if you were so inclined

Why not bolt it to a bolt rifle and call it 6 pounds lighter good? O wait...

THESANDYCUNT SERVER #3 | 24/7 LO-GRAV SCOUTSNKNIVES | GAMETRACKER | 100 TICK | HIRING STAFF

0/16

Attached: bye.gif (500x191, 2.89M)

iktf.
I used to have to march in parades with the M14 m8.

Attached: 1530502965424.jpg (720x762, 34K)

People here are fucking dumb, I’ll buy what I want when I want. I’d recommend you do the same.

>Ruger's triggers suck
Yeah, that's why the SR series failed so hard

Attached: 694.png (420x413, 37K)

Every gun any of you buy WILL be a range toy, or a hunting rifle at best

An AR10 weighs 1.4 lbs more than the Steyer Scout, fren. Not really a big deal if you consider the advantage brought by the semi auto capability.

>he has his own preferences
FAGGOT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>will
I think you mean most likely

Attached: 1412304345577.png (201x201, 24K)

>implying I actually shoot my guns

Jow Forums in a nutshell

One level above implying anyone here actually owns any

Attached: DSCF1977p-vi[1].jpg (800x407, 69K)

I heard we were posting memes so i came running

Attached: IMG_20180801_113925.jpg (2048x890, 741K)

Yeah but Cooper was talking about a bolt action gun for small team tactics. This just doesn't make sense and didn't even at the time.

I want one but only as a bolt action .308 with peep sights.

The near total lack of modern bolt action rifles with iron sights on the market today hurts my soul

Fuck this hits home

You can just leave the last word blank, as it will apply to everything from guns to tv-shows and tactical male combat-thongs

this resonates with me.

I gave mine a neat paint job.

Attached: 11780665_949913401721390_9680850_n.jpg (720x960, 104K)

kek

That is pretty neat, personally I think you chose the colors well.

Attached: Mfw+she+done+_8b331a55475faa75a6f434ea6ca3586a.jpg (1000x940, 90K)

Bolts are going to be more accurate dollar for dollar.

>2018
>not reloading

I had one, the bolt was really really rough even long after the break-in period. The irons look cool in pictures, but they’re pretty much garbage in person. I had the stainless version in 308, and while it’s a neat rifle looking rifle, it’s sort of a piece of shit. I promptly sold mine and dumped the money towards this baby.

Attached: D0C812A7-68D8-4972-A51D-29A5754CF586.jpg (768x1024, 217K)

Attached: 1.jpg (300x232, 9K)

Attached: 2.jpg (300x232, 3K)

Attached: 3.jpg (300x232, 11K)

>long lasting as a modern rifle

nigga what, people still use Mosins and Mausers and shit in wars to this day, and you're say those old rifles aren't long lasting?

nice

Attached: 1531284372668.gif (325x235, 1.59M)

>running
>primary
>platform

All this post is missing is calling bullets "pills" and "reach out and touch someone".

Accurate

Damn that looks good. I should try that on my mosin

Ya but they're also alot more expensive, and semi capability doesn't really mean anything in most situations. It's just convenient

What is this, 2005?

The bore specifically. Bores just wear out over time and from use. This is more true with older rifles made with inferior metallurgy techniques. Not to mention the difference chrome lining makes. I wish it were still true that milsurp would get you an effective rifle at a highly competitive price, but that's just no longer the case.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I find that super sexy

Why is your scope sideways

My irons are great. You're actually the first person I've ever heard complain about them. Maybe you got a lemon, then. The bolt roughness actually had me alittle down at first too, but I realized it's the Ruger steel mags that cause it. If you get actual aics mags (polymer or steel, or the Ruger polymer mags) the bolt feels as smooth as it should and works in really well.

I like the idea of the scout rifle, but I don't like a 16" barrel for boltguns.

I also prefer a fixed magazine.

Actually, Cooper's idea of a scout rifle involved a fixed magazine. He didn't specify barrel length but most of his examples had a 20". The primary reason Ruger went with a shorter one was for weight. Incidentally, .308 loses comparatively little velocity going from 20" to 16.5"

Honestly, I'd probably have an easier time tolerating the 16" barrel on a lot of these scout rifles if Ruger and every other manufacturer didn't feel the need to put muzzle breaks on them.

I hate muzzle breaks.

I should have included an actual number for that. You lose on average 100 fps from 20" to a 16.5". Not insignificant, but especially if you handload that's really no big deal. The difference becomes smaller with heavier bullets.

Well they aren't muzzle breaks, strictly speaking. They're flash suppressors, so you aren't getting that concussive shockwave or anything. Is it just an aesthetic thing?