What makes it so special in comparison to its contemporaries like say the lee enfield/metford?

What makes it so special in comparison to its contemporaries like say the lee enfield/metford?

Attached: USSR-Rifle-Mosin-Nagant-M1891.jpg (1197x356, 60K)

It has nice taste in food

It was overly common and cheap, same with it's ammo. No longer.

It was $50 once upon a time, with ammo that could be had for like $0.10 a shot

>What makes it so special in comparison to its contemporaries like say the lee enfield/metford?
They made 37,000,000 of them, the vast majority in the same model (M91/30). Probably the most mass-produced bolt-action rifle design.

Attached: dads_face_when_nugget_for_christmas.jpg (649x732, 265K)

actually comfy desu

Cheap (used to be anyway) and it works

There must have been half a dozen Mosin threads created in the past fewdays. Nuggetposting is the new Mini-14posting.

This and only this.
Now the Mosin has become boomer certified. Reselling for $300+

Back during the golden age they were dirt cheap and surplus ammo only cost a couple cents a round more than .22 LR.

Ammo is still alot cheaper than 303.

Same goes for sks

Nothing. Except maybe that it's cheap. Its is probably the most overrated milsurp on the planet.

As in why its popular? They made 5 trillion of them and were $50 for years with cheap ammo.

Quality/mechanically? Nothing it is by far the worst rifle compared to pretty much every other comparable rifle from 1900-1945.

It used to be cheap and shoot ammo that also used to be cheap. Now it's a below-average bolt-gun that lost nearly all of its appeal.

I bet if they made 37 Million 1903 Springfield's, and 30-06 was sold in spam cans, the younger generations would still have hard ones for inferior Soviet and Kraut shit rifles.

This, and same with the SKS. Years back they were a cheap way to get into guns and therefore encouraged by gun owners, and meme'd by noguns or first time hasguns.
While there's much better options available, either of the two are better than no gun and used to not break the graphics card funds of neets.

But it's not a Mauser 98...
>it is by far the worst rifle compared to pretty much every other comparable rifle from 1900-1945.
Lol no. Carcano, M95, Berthier, Lebel... There are a number of worse designs.

Jow Forums used to like commie shit so the retards hyped it up
Thankfully we don't do that anymore.

>the younger generations would still have hard ones for inferior Soviet and Kraut shit rifles.
What causes this?

It was cheap and shot a great equally cheap round for a very long time. That’s about it. They’re still cool and a nice piece of history even if there were millions of them

It's a great $50 rifle, but it's a pos $300 rifle

cheap and plentiful, not so much anymore so no one cares about that piece of shit now.

You could remove 500 commies with it in one winter.

>Implying the younger generation doesn't already have a hard on for '03 Springfields but just can't afford one

>When you wanted a Mauser/Enfield but all you got is a Nagant
Poor lad

>Mauser 98
Way to rare

There's no point buying a Mosin anymore when for $50 more you can buy an SKS even still.

Why did they all just stand in a line and jog towards them? Did they think it was WW1?

Attached: hmm.webm (700x418, 2.91M)

it's built out of 19th century roblox

>Rare
Que?

mother fucker killed Ian, now he is truly Forgotten

It was its commonality and cheapness (in both buying and shooting) that made it so fantastic.

Sadly, those days are over.

You mean the K98k which is more known, the Gewehr 98 isn't that known even when being the predecessor of the K98k

>used to not break the graphics card funds of neets

Holy fuck. This is literally the reason I got an SKS before the 1080 was released.
Fuck you, user.

Yep, my 91/30 was my first gun as a teenager because it was so easy to get and so cheap. I could grab a full wooden crate of food for it for 80 dollars and shoot as much as I wanted.

>tfw I missed out on buying those huge crates of like 20 mosins where they ship you the entire crate
>20 cleaning kits and some other accessories
>i'll never be able to make it into a glass-top coffee table that I hand people rifles as gifts out of

Attached: feesh.png (273x245, 119K)

It is still the cheapest WW2 milsurp rifle out there. Not as cheap as it used to be, but it got me into milsurp
I like it more for the historical aspect
It feels like I'm connecting with history Everytime I shoot it

No, I mean the 98 action as a whole is massively overrated. It's good, but certainly not the greatest thing ever.

Is the Lee-Enfield the best WWII bolt action?

There was a fuckton of nagants that were worth less than a single work day and an even more fuckton of ammo that were worth pennies, now that is unfortunately no longer the case. Good nagants now go around the price of an AR-7, don’t even get me started on the ammo. There was just simply more nagants to choose from than lee enfields or kar98’s. Same thing for the SKS, but that always fared a little better than the nugget.
Beyond incompetent commanders and officers combined with commissars who would have anyone who defied either them or whatever bullshit the communist party said removed and dealt with. But yes, a lot of their tactics were also used by Imperial Russia. The war led to a complete Soviet overhaul but some things still never changed.

Lies, Carcanos are a bit cheaper and can easily snag a Type 38 around $200 whereas moist nuggets easily go for around $300 nowadays.

>tfw born in 1999
>just missed the milsurp fun train
>massive russiaboo but eveerything is so expensive
my only gun is a tokerav, waiting for trump to lift russia sanctions for more cheap slavshit but i know its not gonna happen

No.