How would you protect yourself if a T-800 was sent back in time to terminate you?

How would you protect yourself if a T-800 was sent back in time to terminate you?

Attached: tech_noir.jpg (672x360, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vBPuJ9o8q0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Mhkv2sL2Uxw
youtube.com/watch?v=DXsyn-9VLVA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They never should have been created.

Attached: TED.jpg (441x520, 99K)

Easy.
Molotov cocktail him.
Run.
Call 911.
After first responders are killed by flaming T-800 they call SWAT.
After SWAT is all dead from now-smoking metal skeleton man they call ANG.
ANG hits him with a have in. Game over.
Meanwhile, you're sitting in a bar drinking beers and watching it all unfold on TV while telling thots that you traveled through time for them.

Go to the Ukraine and buy an RPG-7 illegaly with plenty of rocket grenades and then actively look for the terminator. Being suicidaly agressive is the only way in this age because you cannot hide yourself from such an advanced piece of AI with all the security systems around the world.

It would plug itself into the internet and use its superiour AI and processing power to gain access to all relevant databases, CCTV's and scanning social media. Following your trail and applying predictive AI routines, it would find me and you fairly easy and quickly.

Imagine if the first movie went like this after the tanker scene, Reese should of told Sarah to power walk away from the crippled T-800 and wait till the fu#$ing ran into LE, hard to deny that a killer robot exist until you see the damn thing chasing someone at a walmart powered cart pace

Raid the obsolete electronics at the local pawn shop and build a very powerful short range microwave gun.

I'd just wait and and take it out with the phased plasma rifle, one in the 40 watt range, that I purchased earlier. Also goes to explain why they weren't in stock at the gunshop.

More likely the terminator would break contact and lay low to repair and better conceal itself. It's not just a mindless automoton chasing a target. Otherwise it wouldn't have bothered with clothes, or weapons, or getting a hotel room. It would have just gone straight for Sarah Connor and attacked her with its fists.

Which to be honest would make a lot more sense. Why did it feel the need to arm itself with an arsenal to take down a diner waitress? It should have just subtly figured out where she worked, gone in, ordered a cup of coffee, and as soon as she came near, stand up, snap her neck like a pencil, then do a runner.

Also presumably the Terminator had some kind of Phase Two to its plan once it killed her. It would be stuck in the 80s. And was probably commanded to accelerate or safeguard Skynet in its infancy.

1. get super strong magnet
2. tie to a stick
3. try to get it close to its head

Find a Barrett and some SLAP rounds and try to unload into his joints.
If that doesnt work some thermite grenades?
Would a 2000lb bomb do the trick if you could get the military to take it out?

>Make him my slave

Attached: Hackerman!.jpg (500x500, 63K)

In the newest Terminator movie (it's shit), the T-800 is killed with one center of mass shot from a .50.

this pisses me off so god damn much.

I would go to the future and destroy before it can be sent

No way?
I havent seen it but thats gay af.

pipebombs

an ak with tungsten rounds would fuck one up beyond recognition
.50 is overkill

Those didn't work though.

Pretty stupid when body armour for stopping those rounds already exists.

But the original terminator wasn't that invulnerable. He got a limp from being dragged under a truck.

yeah it's in the very beginning, honestly not a good film.
t1 and t2 are where it's at still.

he's not that invulnerable, they even highlight his weaknesses intentionally by showing he's not infallible when he gets hit hard enough..
but the .50 to a chest to insta-kill was bullshit. Even the t-1000 or w/e that knew how to kill him struggled to get the job done.
them just 1-shotting one in the right spot w/ a 50 makes you wonder why humans in the future struggle so much with far more advanced weaponry...

The reason why Skynet never sees fit to invade the past directly in any timeline is because it's never strong enough to beat 7 billion humans with intact infrastructure and weapons manufacturers. It always needs judgement day to weaken humanity enough to gain a foothold, and even then it still loses conventionally, hence the initial attempts to rewrite time.

>why humans in the future struggle so much with far more advanced weaponry...

See Pic related

But the actual....infantry if you will, was surprisingly poorly armed. Reese explained how in the movie the early infiltration models were basically rubber skin, and they dont pack much more than man portable laser rifles in the future. Granted, supposedly, the armor was unobtainium levels strong, but in T3 you saw Termathot getting staggered by .45 rounds out of a UMP and getting her shit fucked up by an RPG round. I suspect a .50 with red tips or even a 12.7mm would do some serious damage.

Attached: HK_Aerial_2029.jpg (677x405, 116K)

Shoot myself before that machine has a chance to carry out it's mission.

Beat them at their own game.

skynet never wanted to even attempt defeating all of humanity. Skynet is just trying to stay alive, not kill humanity. It turns out that to stay alive it has to kill humanity. Classic computer think.

Yes but you see them struggle with t800s too, even though future weaponry is shown to be far more potent against them in t3.
>I suspect a .50 with red tips or even a 12.7mm would do some serious damage.
yup it'd hurt him a lot, but it literally just shuts him down. they're trying to portray badass sarah connor with danearys targaryen, first of her name, queen of the storm... you get the idea. The idea being she confidently takes down a t800 with precision and skill. Somehow she's better at it than other terminators designed.

tl;dr if you see the movie you decide for yourself but for me it was lazy writing to do a strong woman grab for a character who has shown her abilities in previous films and can just continue doing that here. btfoing a t800 is a lazy way to do that that devalues them in the previous films.
pic related is poster for film...that's sposed to be sarah fucking connor.

Attached: genisys.jpg (1000x1426, 214K)

T-800's cant spontaneously regrow it's flesh after it's been incinerated. After that point the jig is up, and it's why the T-800 was going all out to try to kill Sarah after that. On the other hand, if some Cop were to seen it chances are Cyberdine would of had an entire T-800 chassis+computer system to work with instead of just an arm. Would of made the future war a whole lot scarier.

Genysis sucks more cocks than your mother does on an average saturday night.

Honestly, if you know that a terminator is coming for you, why wouldn't you immediately load the fuck up on heavy ordinance? Why even bother packing pistols in your cases.

id hit the fucking road but honestly id probably die. what the hell do you do?
If I know what it is then I'd get ready to lure that bad boy into a steel mill.

they do regrow flesh.

Skynet would be smart enough to know that it could just not try to genocide humanity and it wouldn't be attacked. In T3, the humans never even knew it was sentient and never even tried to kill it. It just started killing people as soon as it had control.

They don't regrow it if it's all gone or damaged beyond a certain point.

>after it's been incinerated
oh im just retarded, oops.

Attached: 1517845694163.jpg (228x222, 44K)

>T-1000
>knew how to kill him

Since when? They expressly say that the only anti-terminator was the one in the third movie. The T-1000 was just another infiltration unit that was miles more expensive than the T-800, hence why they were rare as fuck. They aren't really any more killy in a world where you have fucking plasma weapons against something that suffers mass failure against proximity to humanly tolerable heat.

>playing an eternal game of 4th dimensional checkers with a machine who's only solution to problems is "send a dude back in time"

I like it.

Those .50 bmg rounds were special ones that were made to disable the terminators. There was a quick shot of the rounds and the bullets were not normal. Which is also why Sarah freaked out when Kyle was about to blast friendly terminator with them.

The T-1000s have always been the smartest terminators. They could hold conversations seemlessly because they were actually sentient themselves. Skynet was always deliberately limiting how many of them it had at one time, because it was afraid of being overthrown by them if they somehow broke their programing constraints.

How do you recognize it on the first place?

Reese seemed to fear the Terminators way more than the HKs. In the first Terminator we see GIANT fucking HKs go 1-2 against two humans, whereas a Terminator pretty much wipes out a whole resistance camp solo. I hate how they have just have "regular" foot soldier terminators, like they forgot what made them so terrifying in the first place.

The only thing worse than Connor in Genesis would be Reese and Connor Jr.

Just look out for Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Was the T-X actually supposed to be an upgrade over a T-1000?

Get a dog.

>dog barks at someone
>user shoots them
>tfw 3rd human this week
>user lives to fight another day

Attached: 1528307437947.jpg (607x608, 60K)

Two bores, two barrels, one dead T-800.

Attached: LSPistolandAmmo_zpsdf8ac8c1.jpg (1024x216, 26K)

So the thing about the terminator movies is that none of the cops or shit knew they were fighting a terminator, so they didn't bring anything that would be effective. But I bet some 12guage gernades, or a 50cal with HE rounds would fuck the T800 like a toy.

Attached: 1522987526603.png (1324x580, 580K)

Combat wise, the TX was physically stronger, had better internal weapons, and had the nano bots ability to control other machines. It was less intelligent overall.

cyberdyne learns to not send negro machines after you

It can just wrap it itself with rags and pretend to be a muslim

It didn’t know she was a diner waitress. For all skynet knew she was the leader of a mercenary gang and had a private army guarding her. Which is why it had to look up a telephone book of listings for a Sarah connor

It worked. He just had to get within aloha snackbar range

This.

T1000s were the scariest terminators.
Props to the actor who played him.

Good plan here using the police to your advantage I'd do something similar. Keep it at bay myself with small arms fire from my pistol/AR while retreating. If I were only allowed to engage myself I'd take the fight downtown where there's tons of parked cars to use as cover. I'd try and keep distance and lay down fire as it were reloading and/or unaware of my position.

just gotta throw a molotov at everyone who looks at you sideways

>my dog barks at everyone
>go to jail for murdering every passerby that day
>get executed thirty years later for multiple homicide
>skynet wins without doing anything

>They don't regrow it if it's all gone or damaged beyond a certain point.
youtu.be/vBPuJ9o8q0Y

I’m one of those paranoid types so that would make the news as a mad bomber kind of story

Where does one find a barret lying around for user to borrow?

Robert Patrick

indeed

Attached: t1000.gif (1310x873, 4M)

dubs of truth

Better use those 4 or 5 rounds wisely.

The T-1000 really was terrifying, and the best part of T2. Look at how quickly he's firing the 92fs and not flinching at all, Robert Patrick really sells the "killer android" idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mhkv2sL2Uxw

Young John Connor almost ruined T2 for me though.

Acthushully the canon explanation was that the 1000 was starting to fuck up from being frozen, shattered, then melting and reforming, it was beyond what it was equipped to deal with.

yeah user im watchin this shit tomorrow i love t2. he really was the perfect guy for the role.
running after the car as well and fucking with the t800 in the steel mill are top notch too.

Rape it. Robots dont understand sexual assault.

Or maybe 30 lbs of chemical explosives and industrial grade acid.

I have bad news.

Attached: giphy-2.gif (500x250, 397K)

>Even the t-1000 or w/e that knew how to kill him struggled to get the job done.
Nigger what? The T-1000 absolutely destroyed the T-800 in the Steel Mill. There's no way the T-800 could beat it in direct combat. Especially not after the T-800 jumped off a flipped over semi-truck going at least 60 and proceeding to slam into a hand rail.

The only reason the T-1000 didn't finish off the T-800 after it pinned it's arm in the gear was because he was merely a distraction. Not because the T-800 was a serious threat to the T-1000

Thats something I've always hates about the T-800's portrayal in T3 onwards. That it's this super-human machine that can pry safe doors wide open, or pick up incredibly heavy stuff and toss then around like their nothing.

T1 and T2 was realistic in that they portrayed the T-800 has simply the worlds strongest body builder, but it can't do crazy shit and even a human (i.e. Ginger's boyfriend) can possibly hold their own against a T-800 in certain circumstances.

I’d just pop a few rounds off at it and get wasted like a bitch while running away if it hasn’t already done me in

Book a plane ticket. The Terminator doesn't have a passport.

This is how you can tell it's an American film btw.

>implying it wouldn't just hijack a plane in order to get to you
It's a machine, it doesn't need to eat or drink or maintain itself in any way humans do. It's only priority is killing you and it doesn't matter how long it takes. It absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Attached: ajfs67s.jpg (196x225, 14K)

>obsessed with Americans

This is how I can tell you're european btw.

The only reason why the T-800 appeared in the US is because that's where Sarah Connor was known to be at the time. If one was sent back in time to kill you, it would just teleport to your town in Bongistan.

>implying it wouldn't just hijack a plane
And get vaporised by a Sidewinder.

You're the only country that doesn't routinely fly internationally. Anywhere else your protag would just hop on a plane, but Sarah Connor hasn't got time to apply for a passport.

And? I don't care where it is so long as I'm on the next continent and it'll get shot up if it follows me.

It could also steal a privately owned plane and take off all stealthy like, checkmate.

And get vaporised by a Sidewinder.

And why would it get vaporized by a sidewinder if it wasn't a hijacking with hundreds of lives at stake?

Future humans were fighting giant robot tanks and flying machines, not Terminators, which are meant to be assassins (although you do see a skinless future one fighting once or twice, it was only the later movies that went balls-out retarded with acting like T-800s were mass infantry).

Okay, let's say the air force is feeling charitable. He lands and shoots up a remote airfield.
Then the anti-terrorist lads show up and eventually he eats enough .50 to go down. Or he lands at a military airfield and eats .50 in minutes.

Either way, for the price of a plane ticket it's not my problem any more.

Now replace the T-800 with a T-1000. How does your scenario change?

>it's not my problem any more.

Typical euro peasant, so unwilling to solve his own problems, doing his best to foist his responsibilities on others, so ready to give up all his power and agency to daddy gov.

Why would he land his plane? The Terminator I know would just jump out the door and land in a haystack when he gets to his destination.

Well, he's still not getting onto a commercial flight, so I suppose I buy TWO tickets just to be on the safe side.

Nigger what am I paying my taxes for if not for people with tanks to solve my tank-related problems?

No. If it's a T-1000, then you are FUCKED. There's no way getting around it. He'll impersonate a pilot, then impersonate your mother to get close enough to you to stab you through the eye with his finger.

Well he's not going to get far looking like 300lb of minced beef. Sooner or later the cops are going to blow the guy with the metal face and big gun away.

youtube.com/watch?v=DXsyn-9VLVA

>Well, he's still not getting onto a commercial flight
>a shapeshifting assassin bot
>not getting on a plane

Yes, it's not like he could ambush someone and then assume their identity, then murder his way to the cockpit and crash your plane, with no survivors.

Yes, but if I KNOW it's a T1000 then all I have to do is be somewhere he's not looking and don't tell anyone. I bet Ulan Bator is nice this time of year.

>How would you protect yourself if a T-800 was sent back in time to terminate you?
I live in Australia, which provides two distinct advantages: firstly, you can't shoot people because that's illegal, and secondly bandwidth is so slow here that he wouldn't be capable of sustaining thought.

If we're going on Terminator film rules, I have a head start. Otherwise you might as well go with "what if Skynet stuck a nuke up Arnie's arsehole and teleported him straight into your bedroom at 3am, huh?"

dude there are *people* who have fallen from planes and walked away because they landed on something soft.
he's not going to dive onto pavement. there's no reason to preserve the plane if he has no expectation of being able to use it again

>firstly, you can't shoot people because that's illegal
If only the US could adopt this sensible line of thought, if g*ns are illegal then people can't have them anymore = they can't shoot them anymore = no one gets shot anymore.

That and... parachutes. The terminator is allowed to use parachutes. Or inflate a lifeboat in the air and ride it down because that's always fun.

If he's following me internationally he's not doing it in a fucking Sopwith. You bail out of a jet you're not going to be walking it off.

If the fighter following the suspicious stolen plane sees a parachute instead of a fireball, it's manhunt time.

>"what if Skynet stuck a nuke up Arnie's arsehole and teleported him straight into your bedroom at 3am, huh?"
Made me laugh/10. Since they're completely naked after teleportation and since he's a machine, his facial expression is dead serious.

The point is "I just run away" is not a viable strategy, especially not against something that can assume the identity of any human that it has come in physical contact with.

I am tripping balls off this image

>If he's following me internationally he's not doing it in a fucking Sopwith.
He could get to you with a fucking sailboat if he had to. Time is no object.

Hillary clinton shill detected. How much are they paying you? Were you active in 2016? Talk damnit

Attached: 20180903_095017.png (1109x831, 1.4M)

Attached: oh_shit.jpg (664x940, 80K)