Steyr M9-A1

I bought this gun because I heard it was a glock killer. What do you think Jow Forums?

Attached: 7-gm9a1_1.jpg (575x575, 30K)

I want to get an L9-A1, they seem like a pretty decent polynine.

If it like it, I'll probably end up getting an L40-A1 to do a 357 sig conversion on for maximum spacegun.

well its ugly as fuck so thats good if you trying to outglock a glock

Every new polymer handgun that comes out is a "Glock Killer"

Jesus christ. If you like a gun, then buy it, otherwise, shut the fuck up

Every single striker fired polymer framed wondernine is exactly the same as all the others and there's zero point splitting hairs between them.

These. Go be a nitpicky sperg about a nerdier hobby.

Ur pp small

It has a lock lol

I think it offers a lot that glock can't stand up to. People like to talk about the "perfection" of the glock, but honestly the minor differences really make the purchase worth it.

I think it looks pretty good. Better than any glock or CZ

Go ahead and explain what those are and why they matter.

its funny looking. like a video game designed gun

The trapezoidal sight is far superior to glocks plastic trash, the grip angle makes it easier to shoot. and it doesn't look like an autists cartoon drawing of a gun

Okay, those are your claims. Can you substantiate them at all?

>I bought this
>What do you think

Post pictures and stop being a faggot.

I've literally shot them both faggot.

Own a M40A1 as my designated HD-nightstand piece. Had it for a decade, and - beyond a stiff extractor-claw spring - I've no complaints.
>.40 Short & Weak
Yeah, yeah - I know. :-P

Attached: hmm.png (900x675, 447K)

What kind of Keltec is that?

I bet you own a lot of Remington products.

>Muh remshit maymay

fuck off, this is a serious thread. Only insightful comments pls

My favorite shotgun too. I like it alot

Attached: clever girl shotgun.jpg (1125x750, 427K)

Cool. Any time you're ready then.
Just one, bought it back in 2008 when no one knew any better. It's absolute dogshit but sentimental nonetheless.

I like my M9 well enough, but it tends to eject brass just hard and backwards enough to hit me in the face. First time out I had a casing land between my eye pro and forehead for a nice burn blister.

Supposedly they respond better to hotter ammo but I just let it sit in the safe now. It does look pretty cool.

I kinda want one purely for the cyberpunk looks

Do you've experience with it?

It’s basically a better Glock. Better trigger, better grip angle , lower bore axis, softer shooting, nole but effective sights, don’t need to use my finger to potentially strip a mag (Glock really fucked up on that with the latest gen), considerably more aesthetic.

Attached: 2651CB13-830F-4AC3-85BE-DA2CC6F475A1.jpg (661x496, 111K)

Novel but effective sights*

Everything you just mentioned is completely subjective apart from the bore axis, which is too minute to make a noticeable or appreciable difference.

The mag part too ain’t subjective. Literally everyone sho has shot one says it’s got a better trigger and shoots softer than a glock, including me. But don’t take their word for it. Shoot one and you’ll see.

I own both, chief.

>god-like grip, fits hand like a glove, feels like an extension of hand
>trapezoidal sights for quick target acquisition
>luger grip angle
>low as fuck bore axis resulting in zero recoil
>trigger 10x better than glock's shitfest
>steel mag instead of a glock plastic mag

You did well user, you're now a non-faggot.

Attached: 1515416049309.jpg (1000x658, 203K)

Had one, ergos were amazing, sights were good for speed but I had a problem with accuracy past 10 yards. But the gun was super unreliable, it was rare to get through a single magazine without a malfunction, ended up selling it and picking up a Beretta 92. Also the lock on the side is gay as aids, Jow Forums shits all over Smith's for their Hillary Hole but sucks off Steyr despite them having the same thing.

Attached: 1508719051835.jpg (1600x2400, 805K)

Sure you do.

Attached: 6FE1A542-10CE-4241-9945-9C20063EFE1C.jpg (800x450, 32K)

Attached: 1515417033115.jpg (1024x1024, 464K)

>sissy limp-wristed hands
>blames gun

Steyr > Glock

Attached: 1526143648414.jpg (1280x960, 246K)

Steyr is a white man's gun.
No faggots or niggers allowed.

Attached: 1534030991221.jpg (1000x1500, 605K)

You’d be surprised at how often I’ve seen this at the range. Some dude, fat or scrawny, doesn’t seem to matter (out of shape in one direction or the other) gets a ton of FTF malfunctions. RO comes over to look. RO Tries out gun next hot range... runs perfectly.. fells the guy to grip the gun harder. It runs better for the dude next time. Invariably the guy says something like “it’s hard to aim when I’m gripping this hard”. I swear, happens maybe 1 out of 5 range visits.

Curious to see what other excuses you'll make.

Attached: 20180913_210929.jpg (1280x720, 209K)

A E S T H E T I C

Attached: lkjlkj.png (854x480, 959K)

Nah, there was some issue with the striker, gun would eject and chamber fine, but would catch or something and not reset/fire. Got a Glock now and never had an issue due to my dainty feminine wrists.

Burr on roll pin, the one flaw that occurs sometimes. You just needed to polish the burr off the roll pin and you would have been golden.

Glocks have metal mags though

Official gun of the alt-right.

Attached: 1508802007216.jpg (854x480, 517K)

Nope. Happened to mine too, detail stripped the entire thing. No burrs or other defects. Swapped out the striker spring to a bit of improvement but not a fix. Had to send it back to Steyr to fix, which they did.

Attached: 1515899871634.jpg (3024x4032, 1.45M)

Okay fair enough you own both. But congratulations you’re retarded.

Uh what?

Attached: FE993E4D-D9DA-46A1-90A5-0F7032A5ABAD.jpg (650x562, 54K)

>more hot opinions with no actual points to back them up
user I'm disappointed in you. Kinda sad when you have to peacock up a gun so laughably similar to a more popular model as infinitely superior just to feel special and different :(

Attached: Steyr.jpg (960x635, 82K)

Did you look at your picture?

Attached: glawck mags.png (650x562, 265K)

Metal inserts steel mag.

Nah. You’ve got it all backwards. Objectively better gun is being subjectively called worse by some muppet online. Just setting the record straight for any onlookers. Keep it up though... why do you find it worse than the glock?

Why?

Attached: glawk mag teardown.jpg (1250x779, 360K)

When did I ever say it was worse, chief? You're awful quick to jump on the defensive. All I've said is that the differences between the two are laughably minimal, if even actually present.

Triggers? The same.
Grip angle? Doesn't matter, and is subjective at that.
Softer shooting? Not really, no.
Bore axis? On paper, lower. In practice, makes absolutely no difference. See: sigs for more info.

It isn't a better glock. It isn't a worse glock. It's just another wondernine with no real practical advantage whatsoever apart from a space age aesthetic. Obviously I like them, I wouldn't own one if I didn't, but all this superiority spouting is hyperbolic at best. It's the same exact kind of petty childish squabbling that retards on the internet dredge up when glock gen 3 vs 4 vs 5 discussions come up. Spoilers, none of it fucking matters.

What do y'all think about the S9 as a cc piece?

You're an NPC, sorry dude.

Attached: 1536691711457.png (427x441, 94K)

I want an M9 variant for the sights alone.

I own an L9, it's pretty good. My complaints are that the polymer is squishy near the heel of the grip and that it has that giant gap. Also, it's not as good with crap ammo as a Glock, but so far it's only ever choked on the really, really cheap "USA Forged" steel rounds from Walmart. Other than that, it's maximum aesthetic and really fun to shoot and keep on target. The sights really do make a huge difference.

Hate that Steyr is never going to make a .45, that they're never bringing back the .357, that the only color choices are black or OD green (and only if you're getting the M9), and that there's no night sights for it that are trapazoidal. But I found out that the entire trigger group and slide rails can be taken out of the body of the gun, so I'm working on making a wooden lower as a project.

Attached: problem_solver.jpg (1136x852, 275K)

Can't you just not use it though? It doesn't look like it's obtrusive.

I will argue that the sights really do make a difference, but everyone has they're preference. I have noticed that the Steyr doesn't have as much muzzle flip as the Glock, but then again I own the L9, and comparing it to a G19 isn't really fair. The grip angle is 100% "either you like it or you don't," but then again Steyr doesn't even offer interchangeable back straps. They look like they were put in the final design then never finished (those two giant lines on the back of the grip). Otherwise I agree with you that it's really not a Glock killer because there are no Glock killers, because they're all pretty much the same.

It's actually what keeps the guts in the pistol. It doesn't really impact the trigger at all realistically. It does make it a little harder to field strip though.

Attached: L9 and poverty AR.jpg (1235x926, 88K)

>MANN LICKER
>COUNT ON IT

Attached: 1471792451573.png (1186x890, 201K)

The grip isn't bad. Not as good as a VP9, but better than a glock. The low bore axis seems to work its magic, and the trigger is great.

Yeah it kills stock Glock 19s, but if you have a Glock and it's stil stock, you're a moron.

Does the Glock do anything better out of the box than the Steyr?
I'm between getting a 17/34 or an L9 as my one big striker gun since I'm not much of a striker guy

If you want to run the gun stock go with the Steyr. If you want to modify it go Glock.

Get a 17L

Attached: IMG_20180714_094921.jpg (4000x3000, 2.28M)

>$1,000 worth of upgrades to make the Glock usable.
kek

Attached: 44aef93b4cfcb42c0565e71393c3d81003ca3ec36a8e3bf7cc9bebde761a6b0b.gif (300x296, 1.86M)

I have one. great trigger, low traveling, light and quick reset. I like the sights and there is none like it.

Get a glock 20 so you can drop pants when you say you own a 10mm

I had an L9-A1. Easily the softest-shooting 9mm pistol out there. Muzzle flip is non-existent. The trapeziod sights are insanely fast once you get used to them. Trigger is fantastic for a striker-fired gun.

I ended up getting rid of it because I couldn't get used to the odd grip angle more than anything else. Aftermarket is really weak (not that it matters, because you don't really need to mod the gun much) and makes are unacceptably expensive. I'm also more of a hammer-fired metal-framed kinda guy, but if I ever decide I want a striker polynine again the L9 is at the top of the list provided I can find a deal with a few mags thrown in.

The steyr has objectively lighter recoil and objectively less muzzle flip than basically every other striker polynine in existence.

I own one. I like it a lot. I've got an early gen 3 without the trigger upgrade. Maybe one day I'll find someone selling just the slide of a gen 5, because I don't feel like buying another full m9a1.

Literally no military contracts

Not really relevant. Militaries have a very different set of criteria to the private buyer.

>if you have a Glock and it's stil stock, you're a moron
But it's supposed to be Perfection™

That's what Daddy likes to see

>better grip angle
Im pretty sure their angles are the same

what's the difference?

mannlincher

Some of them have extractor issues though.
However they make up for that with standard rifling, which allows you to shoot soft lead bullets. Can´t do that with a glock.

only very early models

Caliber