As someone who isn't so familiar with guns, did you think this was a fair test?

As someone who isn't so familiar with guns, did you think this was a fair test?

Attached: AKM.jpg (1927x1065, 438K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YAneTFiz5WU?t=1m22s
youtu.be/LyXndCxn9K4?t=4m
youtu.be/DX73uXs3xGU?t=1m39s
soldiersystems.net/2018/07/16/general-staff-requirement-gsr-new-assault-rifle/
youtu.be/crdPv6nAQwU?t=38s
youtube.com/watch?v=oBxJOCc-M48
youtu.be/LH2-Ha6PgpA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A little extreme but sure, why not.

its more extreme thananything you would actually experience IRL. Its nice they have done it to a bunch of rifles and they all have basically failed.

It tells you some interesting things about individual rifles mechanically but it's got no real relation to real-world conditions. Moreover, literally every gun will seize up if you get mud in its action.

It also doesn't account for factors like the fact that while yes, an AK is nore vulnerable to letting contaminants into the action because of its relatively open receiver, it's also MUCH MUCH easier to get back online if the action is gunked up with shit:
>Remove dust cover and magazine
>invert rifle
>Run the action a few times
>Gun is ready to rock
Whereas an AR, for instance, while being more tightly sealed, is STILL going to go down if mud gets into its action, and you're going to have to field strip and clean it to get it going again.

Pretty much this. The mud test that InRange does essentially shows how well-sealed a system is, you can't entirely use it as a benchmark for general reliability because it doesn't take into account required maintainence, ease of cleaning, etc.

InRange's tests are, however, fantastic for triggering fanboys of virtually any rifle family aside from the AR15.

I think a more accurate test would be to press, or even submerge the rifle into the mud. How many times does mud drizzle down from above?

The mud was runnier in the other tests
youtu.be/YAneTFiz5WU?t=1m22s
youtu.be/LyXndCxn9K4?t=4m

And he struck the AK with a shovel repeatedly
youtu.be/DX73uXs3xGU?t=1m39s

That tests were pretty haphazard

Its not that easy.

If, in the unlikely event an AR gets that muddy, you just pop it open, take out BCG, run a hand or canteen through the receiver, shake off any gunk from bcg, and keep going.

I have seen AKs die. Chinese, Russian, Egyptian, bleh.
I used an shorty with a can for a good while that saw, at most, a boresnake, a cat tool, and a smidge of white lithium grease.

ARs are literally like cheating

The teach you at boot to keep the rifle OUT of the elements, even in combat. Why the fuck would you go out of your way to drown it?

A proper test done by the Pakistani military, with eyes witness from many gun company from all over the world showed that AK can handle mud and sad better than AR.

soldiersystems.net/2018/07/16/general-staff-requirement-gsr-new-assault-rifle/

>MKE and CZ rifles along with Serbian and Chinese AK’s were able to get one or two rounds fired before jamming. The US weapon wouldn’t even chamber a round. The Russian Kalashnikov AK ran without issue. The SSG operators commented that when conducting operations where they know they will pass through pluff mud the only weapon they will carry is the AK.

Ian is a book worn. Karl is literal cancer with a huge personal bias. I wound't trust any of their test.

>Mud Test. Condition of the weapons; the muzzles were capped, and a round chambered. Only the Chinese and Russian AK’s fired. The Chinese AK had a single jam and once cleared continued to run. The Russian Kalashnikov AK ran without issue.

>Sand Test. Condition of the weapons, the muzzles were capped, and a round chambered. The weapons were buried under two feet of sand and left to bake for one hour. The temperature was 56°C (133°F) in the shade. After the requisite bake, the weapons were dug up and test fired. The US weapon wouldn’t fire. The CZ and MKE rifle along with the Serbian and Chinese AKs were able to get one or two round fired before jamming. The Russian Kalashnikov AK ran without issue.

As you can see, an employee of a AR company said Russian AK is more reliable than an American AR.

I take this guy opinion over Ian and Karl any time a day.

Also Friendly reminder that Ian broke his Valmet stock during the second AK mud test. He is too retard to run a Valmet properly

Attached: 1504799030429.png (1132x1461, 1.69M)

Cool story, now here's actual footage of the AR functioning with sand fed to the action
youtu.be/crdPv6nAQwU?t=38s

Fair enough, you shouldn't shy away from tests like that.

However the AR test in the same breath was misleading, as the following video shows:

youtube.com/watch?v=oBxJOCc-M48

You can see the AR stops functioning after those first rounds, so the "muh sealed action" will still result in a jam. Many noguns here on Jow Forums will still use it to troll AK users anyway.

I've had an AK jam on me in the worst possible moment too, but I still prefer it over the AR.

Rodsky have said many time that his sand tornado test is unrealistic and can't be take seriously.

Unlike Ian and Karl, who use Mud test as click bait to boosted their fame.

Isn't it a little early for the vatniks to be shitting up Jow Forums?

>Many noguns here on Jow Forums will still use it to troll AK users anyway.

>Posts in vatnik

A bit on the extreme side - you'll more than likely never be in a situation like that IRL - but hey. It's just a test that they came up with.
I'd be far more interested if they did a sand test, as I like the sand test, and I feel dumping sand on a sealed rifle is far more likely to happen in today's environment.

>Pakistani military

Attached: bear-stop-right-there[1].jpg (500x362, 40K)

AK pattern rifles are good for what they are.
AR-15 pattern rifles are excellent for what they are.
They're both incredibly simple, cheap as fuck rifles. One for the East, one for the West.
Why anyone here has a devoted allegiance to either of them will never stop fucking baffling me.

Attached: 1508071366984.jpg (1024x746, 128K)

To see which one still works. It's not necessarily a realistic scenario.

it is a test that is designed to be extreme but consistent, so in a sense it is fair.

>tornado test is unrealistic and can't be take seriously
Then why are you taking seriously an article about burying firearms under sand?

Attached: 1504760461290.jpg (640x853, 63K)

but it was hot sand*

*-If they buried in sand that was being heated by the sun, it was most assuredly not buried in hot sand. Not that heat on that scale matters at fucking all for a gun.

It was done with large example pool, with many eyes witness include the author, and American. Better than your shit army, Idian.

>Article by American
>Posted in a American site

>his opinion backed with fact is not conply with my personal bias
>he must be a ***nik

WTF does burying a gun in sand simulate?

IDK, i don't live in a fucking sand box.

AK fags are STILL mad years later.

>And he struck the AK with a shovel repeatedly

please stop that level damage control

>two retard dump some mud on gun is considered as fact
You are the one that gone insane.

>accuses me of being an Indian shill
That non-sequitur got me to chuckle a bit
>***nik
I never once mentioned anyone's supposed nationality, that was all you, pal.

I'm just pointing out inconsistencies in the test and mud (literally). This guy's doing the damage control

ehem.

Attached: 17187676940_3ad394c846_k.jpg (2048x808, 264K)

>This guy's doing the damage control
are you a retard?

>AKfags still bootyblasted that their wide open receiver gets easily fucked up
>it's not a disadvantage, it's a feature!

Attached: 1536796583290.jpg (600x414, 254K)

>soldiersystems.net/2018/07/16/general-staff-requirement-gsr-new-assault-rifle/
>MKE and CZ rifles along with Serbian and Chinese AK’s were able to get one or two rounds fired before jamming. The US weapon wouldn’t even chamber a round. The Russian Kalashnikov AK ran without issue. The SSG operators commented that when conducting operations where they know they will pass through pluff mud the only weapon they will carry is the AK.

This is not the only military test that Russian AK pass with flying flower.

But two dip shit on youtube manage to jam their shitty backyard partkit build with mud some how can be considered as fact .

Who would you trust? Close to 100 years of combat record or the youtube video of a college drop out and a neo nazi.

Are you at a high school reading comprehension minimum? This guy is referencing the same article over and over and muddying the waters by citing Karl's fascist looking haircut

Fair, yes. Scientific, no. But it was never intended to be scientific, its just for fun.

>fun
youtu.be/LH2-Ha6PgpA

No, I don't think it is. I'm a gigolo, not a grunt.