What does Jow Forums think of .22lr replica's of old and rare guns?

What does Jow Forums think of .22lr replica's of old and rare guns?

Attached: 12343242134213.jpg (740x429, 29K)

Eh a waste of money I think. My 10/22 does just fine.

Better than airsoft

They are kinda cool for a bit but at the end of the day you know they aren't the real deal. Often they aren't very reliable. You are better off getting a 10/22.

They are like having a Prius engine in a Shelby Mustang

Attached: 1365573656195.png (363x475, 89K)

better than nothing or spend thousands

I really enjoyed mine.
A lot of fun to shoot. Sure it's not the real deal, and expecting it to be is retarded.
But it's a fantastic shooting .22 that is more fun than a 10/22.
I sold it and several other things when I had to make an unexpected payment. I would buy one if a good deal came up.

good birthday presents for teenage shooters

I fucking love it honestly. I really want one of those STG replicas in .22 but i think ive heard things about them being kinda shitty.

Plastic/zamak trash. Buy a .22lr that is designed as a .22lr and actually works. There is nothing wrong with a 10/22 with a 25 round magazine, there is with a pot metal sham built by an air soft company.

I ironically want pic related

Attached: d4d9fbcf2836ec8ab55c37912bbc9b21.jpg (4749x1245, 1.75M)

>pewter .22 piece of shit is a better STG repro than $2k vaporware
how will HMG ever recover?

It's superficial. A gun shouldn't look like something unless it really IS that something.

I wish they were in centerfire calibers for under $1000. That's what I think.

what the fuck

Looks like something you'd win with 400 tickets at an arcade

Accept no substitutes.

If you want an AK in .22, there's only one option.

Attached: mpi69.jpg (850x247, 23K)

The only acceptable gun in this conversation

Attached: 5123_3.jpg (500x141, 6K)

this

If you want something in your safe that looks and kind of feels like a classic, but hard to acquire weapon, it's not awful.
There's plenty of people who have a small Wehrmacht/WW2 collection, picture it; a Russian capture K98k, a mixed parts P38, a Stahlhelm, a deactivated stick grenade, it's not much, but he enjoys the little history, and shooting them sometimes.
He'd love to have a Stg44, but they're machineguns, go for $15000 at the lowest, and even then you can barely shoot one, the original guns have poor lifespans, the magazines as well (which aren't easy to find), and 7.92x33mm doesn't exactly grow on trees in North America.
Oh, sure, you can find some boxes of PPU brand stuff, even decent stocks of it at places, and it's not bad quality, but you're still going to be contending with a magazine that wanted to retire 80 years ago, and a receiver that has seen better days.

Then the guy sees in the catalog, a gun shaped much like it. It's a .22LR blowback in a body shell, pretty much, and it uses proprietary magazines, it's not really much like shooting the real thing, but it kind of feels like it in your hands, has the profile and look, and it'd look just real neat in his humble little collection.
It's cheap to buy and shoot, too.

The other guy who might be interested in this, would be a reenactor.
It's a niche appeal item, someone who's just looking for a .22 caliber rifle for whatever his purposes is, probably won't get one of these, it's not very practical, but it exists for the kind of guy who'd like one.

Attached: GSG Stg44.jpg (640x480, 194K)

>semi-auto rifle chambered in .22 that doesn’t feed like shit and jam every other round
Is there such a thing?

FPBP

these die cast knock offs are useless. They are too heavy to be a practical weapon, and are nothing more then a roided up airsoft gun.

To be debated

It's called try something that isn't Remshit Fartbolts.

>Buy a .22lr that is designed as a .22lr and actually works
That's what the GSG .22 is, it's a .22LR blowback gun in a Sturmgewehr shaped body shell.
It's exactly what it's designed as.

>They are too heavy to be a practical weapon
I'm pretty sure no one is going to be looking for any StG-44 clone as a "practical weapon," it's why the HMG gun gets shit on so hard, because the stampings look like absolute shit and people wanted an StG lookalike.

I ironically want you dead