Organic sword

I wanted to make a sword out of a sawfish bill but some laws passed a few years ago made getting one difficult, what are some other things that would make a nice sword?

Attached: 3dBdUGC.jpg (564x564, 18K)

shark teeth

you could make it curved or straight. the wood need for it still counts as organic. or you could make it out of bone and teeth but i dont know where you'd get a bone that big or how strong that would be.

Attached: download.jpg (640x606, 40K)

Ive thought about using a human femur which i can get from education supplies companies but i dont think they can be shaped into a sword shape.

Attached: alexander-watkinson-femur-composite.jpg (1920x1222, 256K)

Fuck, imagine trying to patch up that wound.

While being wounded by it is in itself not a terribly enticing proposition, if we compare the result to what a steel blade would cause with similar effort then the wound here is most likely a good deal shallower. This in itself would tend to make it far less serious, and while the cut will be a a bit messier and thus likely to leave more of a scar, that also makes the body's clotting response stronger.

Attached: 20170711_144842.jpg (1003x734, 162K)

Use the femur as a handle:
>Split femur about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way down
>Carve notches on sides of femur
>Carve wooden blade to have a tapering notch to in the split in the femur
>Drill holes through flat of blade, lined up where notches on femur are
>Fit blade notch into split femur, then tie to whether at femur notches & blade holes
>Use shark teeth for edge, either tied to wooden blade or place in a notch along the edge

It might not kill you on the battlefield, but all the nooks and crannies caused by those teeth would probably probably have an exponentially higher chance of getting a fatal infection compared to just getting your arm lobbed off.

That picture never does justice to just how absolutely fucking massive that sword is.

Attached: KbqhZiP.jpg (846x466, 57K)

It can probably carry more shit, that's true, but you'll have a much easier time cleaning out a superficial cut, and people back then appear to have been pretty decent at avoiding infections as well. It's with firearms dragging plenty of dirt deep into the body and shattering bones that amputations rose sharply.

Loose an arm on the other hand and that fight's quite likely to be over, so now your survival rests not just on prompt and sufficient medical attention to keep you from bleeding out, but also the goodwill of whoever just took your arm off. Since he just cut your arm off, that may be in short supply. Deeper wound sin general will have a greater likelihood of making you bleed a lot faster even if we aren't removing appendages too, which can then both kill you on its own quite well, and also put us back in the "depending on the goodwill of the guy who just gutted you" position as loss of blood disables you. So while the thought of fighting someone armed with one of these teeth-lacerators, or a macahuitl or some such, isn't exactly inviting it does seem people have been using steel instead whenever they could for good reasons.

Attached: DSCN1190.jpg (1256x456, 175K)

Well if he wants the best lethality and keep it “bio”... rubbing his shit on the blade before use will make for maximum lethality, especially back before the age of metal. Not that ones enemy dying of infection a week later would help the user of the sword in the battle

Get a piece of good wood, and embed shark teeth into it. I can't remember but some tribe I think the Polynesians used to do that shit.

I think Moras did something like that

Hey this looks like a cool thread... wait a minute.

Attached: ANGRY.png (300x300, 12K)

Ouchie

Attached: 480FF589-72B5-4731-BF1B-56CCC66A5AE7.gif (414x304, 1.56M)

>which i can get from education supplies companies
what? Sounds like it's easy to get your hands on a human femur

A macuahuitl would be your best bet. Easy to make, cheap, and obsidian is pretty easy to get.

Attached: this-aztec-sword-with-obsidian-blades-was-so-sharp-you-could-decapitate-a-horse-with-it-315329-1.jpg (690x505, 76K)

A macahuitl is basically what you'd get if you took a cricket bat and lined the edges with glass/steel razors.

It is, you can buy human bones that were donated to science like its nothing, i guess when bones are donated they're not considered human remains anymore or something.

A femur will run you about $300 and a skull between $550 and $2000 depending on quality.

Attached: spooky scary.jpg (1187x997, 188K)

i'll give OP something to remember

Attached: ram club.jpg (640x480, 93K)

Ram it up your ass