Are police trade in worth the gamble?

Attached: Untitled.png (1155x670, 222K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/category.cfm/sportsman/used-firearms
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What gamble?

I mean if you get a $500 USP thats only been shot for qualifications I would say thats pretty fuckin worth it. Could be shit though too, but if you get even a kinda good one thats worth it.

If the cost of the trade in plus a new barrel is cheaper than a whole new gun, what is the gamble?

>new barrel

You mean "maybe a new recoil spring"

>Police, shoot out a USP barrel
There is not enough blacks in the US to manage that.

Attached: 6899E839700A4E58AC6B675D3A976425.jpg (809x585, 105K)

The old cliche I've always heard is that police trade ins are usually carried a lot and shot a little, and in my personal experience, this seems to hold true. I own a couple of old police pistols, and they've all been tip top, functionally. Good option if you're a poorfag.

The only problem police trade ins usually have is the grip being covered in dents and dings from repeatedly hitting car door frames.

>45

Attached: 1519638725900.jpg (1000x1000, 161K)

I have many, many police and academy trade ins.
If anything at all, they're much smoother and come with better triggers as a result of the light usage, but are otherwise flawless. Expect a bit of wear on the finish.

I actually prefer trade in glocks to new ones at this point.

What site is this?

>I recognize that bulge
sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/category.cfm/sportsman/used-firearms

I got a factory refurbished (meaning inspected and re-greased) SIG P229 in .40 S&W for $450 off of Gunbroker. It is my most accurate gun and there was literally no wear on the weapon. It just depends on what your expectations are but I completely think it was worth it. Plus it got me away from my Glock 19 9mm babby stage. Also, you can find really pretty stainless SIGs out there for about the same price.

Attached: 7D04E79E-DC8D-4403-B38F-731108C2854A.jpg (1024x673, 49K)

Got my SIG 2340 from trade in. $350. Got the .357SIG barrel for it and get compliments on it as a shooter constantly. Only negative is the poly grip is beat from exposure.

they're USPs
maybe spring replacement and extractor replacement if rusted. Unless a cop fed one a steady diet of double loads, they are built like tanks.

Some cop semi=auto's have shitty triggers. Heavy pulls mostly. Those can be fixed. Cop turn ins are just about a no brainer.

This.
This is my USP.40 police trade in with only 200 rounds through it. Only $389

Attached: Barrelwearat2oorounds.jpg (1024x768, 49K)

hey you are the guy that called me retarded for wanting a used sig in an old thread
also is that the USP with the LEM trigger? I wanna get one of those now.

Nah I wish I had sigs. I see sig pros 226 and 2022 for the same price. Use em if you want.

I do have the LEM though. Shit is tits man. It's the same concept as a striker fire but with a visible cocking device, the hammer. Its light totally suggest it

alright cool, I was kinda on thr fence about the lem being dao but I am for sure gonna get one now.
Btw did you get yours from gunprime?

Seriously, mine is 23 years old now and the barrel is fine. The old recoil spring was probably an inch shorter than the new one when I changed that out.

Attached: DSCN1079.jpg (1701x1276, 733K)

I bought one in ''good'' condition it was beat to hell with worn out magazines and left handed controls, police surplus never again. Replacing the springs changing to right hand decker and two new mags I could of just bought an hk45 new

Other user here. I can confirm that the LEM is a pretty cool trigger. It’s smooth (unlike Walther’s Anti-Stress or Daewoo’s Triple Action), light (unlike a DAO) and simple (not like DAK abortion from SIG). Reset is a tad long, though.

Police guns are mechanically as good as new, as a cop typically shoots 50 rounds a year for his training, and that's it.
They will, however, have a lot of cosmetic flaws, especially on the slide because of repeated holestering/unholstering.

You should've refused it at your FFL you dork.