Thinkin about what to get for my first concealed carry. was looking up small guns i already knew...

thinkin about what to get for my first concealed carry. was looking up small guns i already knew. looks like the LCP is being liquidated for the LCP II.
is it worth the 250 msrp or should i be looking at something else?

Attached: 3701.jpg (380x279, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pQft4x_H5qI
gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/search?Keywords=TAURUS G2C&Sort=4&PageSize=96&mfg=1000271&mo=3002086
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd suggest the bodyguard 380 if you're looking for a small 380 pistol.

not necessarily 380. whats the best buy for a concealed overall?

My first CC gun was a lc9s I bought new for $287. Overall pretty good gun never had any problems with it, but the lcp is more concealable. They updated the trigger so it's not even comparable to the lc9 anymore, 6.5 lb pull same as lcp II. I appendix carry it with a cya iwb holster and you can almost forget it's there after a while until you sit down in a car of bend over. Both the bodygaurd, lcp and lcp II and lc9s pro are worth imo, at least as far as cheaper CC guns go.

ye im considering the lcp 1 cause its dirt cheap, so might as well get an older model thats cheaper.
ok noted, surprised i just guessed the lcp would be a good buy and got it spot on lol.

This gun is trash compared to Lcp 1 or 2. SW scored big with the shield but the bodygaurd has no place in this world.

How do you figure? I’ve shot all 3 and had more issues with the LCP than the bodyguard. The bodyguard also feels better in the hand.

youtube.com/watch?v=pQft4x_H5qI

gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/search?Keywords=TAURUS G2C&Sort=4&PageSize=96&mfg=1000271&mo=3002086

At my LGS, you get a bottle of grape soda and a KFC gift card with every Taurus.

I have a Ruger LCP2. They are good.

It regularly goes on sale for $169 on Palmetto Fag Armory

You should not be paying $250 for EITHER the LCP or LCPII. You can get the LCP on palmetto state for like $170.

I've shot one once and it kind of sucked but to be fair every pocket pistol kind of sucks.
You could do worse for $250 but I would skip it.

this. They are on sale for $170 right now in fact

Man, that's fucking awfully racist. They don't even mix it up with a pina soda and a gift certificate to El Pollo Campero every once and a while?

Nah, but if you buy the .38 Super PT1911's or the SS PT92's, they'll give you a gift card for Habañeros and a Jarito's.

My LGS is very different...

Attached: Heaven.jpg (600x1067, 581K)

that would opposite of typical for both of those pistols from what I've heard

Very fucking nice.

LCP trigger is shit compared to LCP II. Bodygaurd is shit too trigger wise. Personally, I would size up for better selection. Go try out carrying things like shields, 43s (or 42 if you want 380, although it's not much smaller) or PPS in store. Some won't let you, but some will.

Honestly, just go to your LGS and look around. Get to know the person working. Talk about what price you're looking at and for what purpose.

Then they'll show you what they have that maybe fits your intended purpose and you can feel the differences for yourself.

Attached: IMG_3517.jpg (2016x1512, 871K)

>blaming the triggers in any of these guns
No, you simply can’t shoot.

Pic related.

Surplus Star BM at local LGS.
I went in after work one day to talk to the old guy I bought my original 380kek taurus from (please no bully) about buying a surplus steel framed nine. I mentioned Beretta 92s and star bms.

>mfw he has two Stars in stock
>mfw he'll cut me a deal to 170 from 200 because it needs a replaced barrel bushing.

Even let me feel up the Aks.

>tfw they will never have an old guy tell you how his buddies in the 60s got shot at for using aks because the report sounded like enemy combatants

You're right. The trigger is better on the II, by a mile. I've pulled the trigger on both and the LCP was definitely not my cup of tea. The LCP II was very, very nice. Probably one of the nicest triggers I've pulled on any striker fired gun with some Walthers being close contenders.

I own a G43 and I love the gun. The trigger is mush, but I've long since gotten used to the Glock trigger and it no longer annoys me.

Whoops, barrel link*

>from what I've heard

Can’t go by hearsay, just shoot them yourself and make a decision

These guns aren’t strike fired...

I think people complaining about any of these guns triggers are completely missing the fact that they’re long like that on purpose and all basically double action only with the LCP being a half-cocked design

>These guns aren’t strike fired...
Holy shit, I'm a dumbass. I just googled it and you're right. Fuck, no wonder the trigger's so nice lol.