What's the point of owning a revolver in the modern day, when cheap compact hand pistols exist...

What's the point of owning a revolver in the modern day, when cheap compact hand pistols exist, other than to larp as a cowboy?

Attached: 164222_01_lg.jpg (500x500, 15K)

Because semi-auto 357/44mag pistols are gigantic.

Because they are fun.

Because you don't have to remember to pick up your brass when you murder someone.

cuz theyre easier to clean and single action revolvers hardly ever malfunctions

Attached: Contact Shot.jpg (860x547, 82K)

To manipulate and the hands on dynamics of operating a primitive firearm is hella fun. It's like why would anyone ever want an old Datsun 510 when you could buy a 350z or corvette??? HURR durr you should only ever buy as much firepower as you possibly can!!! ¡!!!! 11!!

Attached: RoughRider03 (1).jpg (600x551, 59K)

J Frame is still the best for pocket carry. For big magnums revolvers are a much better choice as well. It’s the midsize wheel guns that are pretty outdated.

They still make great carry options. Of the 1 in a million chance you're gonna need a gun to defend yourself, most likely it will be a single attacker within 7 yards. Revolvers are easy to conceal, powerful, easy to operate, and wont fail if you have to press it into someone if you get grabbed.

Look at it dude. Fuckin' sexy. I wanna wrap my hand around it and stick it in my mouth.

Because cheap, compact pistols aren't available in .500 magnum.

Can't you do that with selfloading pistols?
T.nogunz

>Russian Roulette
>Self Policing Brass
>Easy Maintenance
>Least likely to jam

Attached: 1533433029361.jpg (507x307, 72K)

Depending on the situation, no. Example: when Zimmerman shot Trayvon, the pistol slide couldnt move backwards due to the gun being pinned between him and Trayvon. This caused a malfunction. Had he used a .38 revolver, he could still feasibly keep shooting (especially a hammerless revolver)

So I can have a big iron on my hip.

Based ZIM poster reminding us that 99% of people could be given a colt navy reproduction for carry, let alone range fun, and it wouldnt matter.

Cool is a valid reason to own them

Check em
Thanks for clearing this up, fren

larping as a cowboy is more rewarding than you think.

unless you dont live in america

also all of you faggots that go hurr larp larp larp probably dont have the balls to put your foot down about things you like. probably one of those fags that try their hardest to seem like greymen but are still larping nonetheless. larp larp larp. if i say it enough it becomes a word of power

big iron masterrace confirmed. Check em

The only one of my shooting buddies who financially supports the NRA doesn't own a single firearm. Goes on and on about how important it is to be able to pop a nigga in a dark alley from 15 yards, and never has a gun on him outside the range. I just assume the most vocal people online are pussies playing pretend like him.

Pistols
>practical rounds like the 9mm and 45ACP won't guarantee dropping someone in one shot
>can jam
>can explode if glock or something similar
Revolvers
>can load 357 and 44 magnum which will almost certainly drop someone in one shot
>can load even more ridiculously powerful rounds if your heart desires
>revolvers don't jam and if the bullet doesn't go off you can cycle to the next one no problem
>sturdy metal frame means it won't break if you drop it on the ground
>most self defense situations won't require you to pop off more than 6 shots

that is different. that is a literal NPC, if youll excuse my meme usage

What's the difference between a LARPer and and NPC?

This. I like shooting wheelgats way more at matches than semi-autos, because they're more challenging and more fun. If you do well, it's extra bragging rights, and if you do poorly, at least you looked cool sucking it up.

Attached: 20180920_204536.jpg (4032x1960, 2.74M)

This nigga right here gets it.

Attached: 1533395202483.gif (308x224, 1.7M)

>revolvers don't jam
lel

They are fun to reload at the range, the place where I shoot 100% of the time.
>shoot pistol
>pop in a new mag now I have 15 more rds instantly
>then I run out of loaded mags
>have to give handjobs to each of my mags with the maglula fleshlight
>also brass everywhere

>shoot revolver
>open the wheel
>brass comes out like ripe fruits or a perfect shape poop
>there's six of them
>put new bullets in
>sweet smooth metal on metal insertion
>this hole, it was made for it
>there's six of them
>cylinder clicks into place
>alluring gunpowder smoke and fire ball follows

None of your business.

Attached: giphy (6).gif (700x394, 3.87M)

>have to give handjobs to each of my mags with the maglula fleshlight
Thanks, I never thought of it that way...

Attached: 20180820_172010.jpg (2880x2160, 1.58M)

Attached: db8.png (240x240, 6K)

larpers are aware
NPCs are just into it because everyone else is

Also depends on the gun.

A handgun with a fixed barrel and a slide that doesn't reach the muzzle will happily work in that situation.

Also I'm not sure if you want a revolver going off if it's next to your body even if you're not at the muzzle, gap flash can fuck you up.

For conceal carry? No reason at all. There is the consensus that you can jam barrels into people with a revolver and it is more resilient to lack of routine cleaning. But screw that, those benefits don't outweigh the consequences of having a revolver. All experts carry autoloaders. I have a glock 31 as a main and a glock 33 as backup. Both use same mags, 357 sig meme caliber, and I got two guns with the exact same manual of arms and same mags. I carry 60 rounds total with 2 15 rounders already in gun and 2 extra mags. And it weighs very little compared to trying to stuff giant cylinders of speedloaders into your pockets so you can have 18 rounds instead of 6. Or better yet the other shitty ways to reload like speed strips or dump pouches.

Learn to read, dummy. The gun couldn't recoil back because it was rear press contact.

>Muzzle gap flash fucks you up.

Stop CCW'ing a 44 magnum.

GP100 4.5 inch is the best woods gun and 357 is better than any 10mm round you can buy off the shelf

Picked up one of those S&W model 10 prison trade-ins for the gf. Low recoil, nice trigger, and most importantly, remedial action is to pull the trigger again. It's a great HD gun for her.

This.

I wish you would stop saying gats like a nigger.

>cuz theyre easier to clean
wrong

>powerful
most carry .38 Special, which is not powerful

They just easier in every aspect
Easy to clean
Easy to load
Easy to shoot
Also They look cool

lol underrated post

Because I want a ridiculously short-barreled thicccc Handcannon in .454

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 438K)

Attached: revolver general.jpg (955x538, 40K)

Six bullets... More than enough to kill anything that moves.

I'm absolutely Pro-Revolver bro, but what you wrote is just bullcrap

>Easy to clean
Gotta clean one barrel and 5/6/7 chambers insteaf of one barrel, one chamber.
>Easy to load
C'mon... whats easier than dropping an empty mag and putting in a new one? Even with speedloaders revolvers are slower "fumblier" to reload
>Easy to shoot
Gotta watch your supporting hand afore you burn it on that cylinder gap buddy
>Also They look cool
Absolutely

>believing that 9mm is ballistically insufficient
>believing that hand cannons are actually necessary against human targets
>believing that glocks explode more than other firearms
>believing revolvers don't jam
>believing autoloading pistols just break if you drop them on the ground

Attached: xeYzahc.jpg (460x140, 7K)