Black Powder Thread

Hey Jow Forums, I've always kinda had an itch to add a good old flintlock rifle to my collection and after looking around figure a Traditions Kentucky Rifle would probably be my best bet (Hawken might fit the bill too but I prefer the aesthetics of the Kentucky), I was just curious about their build kit and how hard it is to put together, between "if you have some decent tools and a little bit of know how you'll be fine" or "if you're not a gunsmith just buy an already built model"?

Also, general PB thread.

Attached: 124123413241234.jpg (1920x1080, 585K)

You can put together 99% of BP kits with a stiffy, some spit and some elbow grease. Unless you are building from uncleaned cast parts (sprues everywhere) you will be able to put everything together stupid-easy.
I'd rather buy Indian-made already-built models, but kits are pretty damn cheap all around. Finding a repro and a kit of the same gun, I'd go for the kit at the same price and 100$ under, otherwise I'd buy the full thing.

I'm getting a Baker Rifle for Christmas. I'm only still undecided if I get myself a sword-bayonet to go with it or not.

Attached: rifle[1].jpg (1600x704, 149K)

took me over a dozen captchas to post this
fuck a 4chin

Attached: 3 balls are better than 2.jpg (1079x644, 140K)

Are you certain you are not a robot?

I've got a hare-brained idea: I don't know just how difficult it'll be, but I want to get a reproduction Remington New Model Navy, and convert it to a Remington-Rider Double Action New Model Belt Revolver (pic related).
I have no idea what the lock work looks like; it's got three pins in the right side of the frame, but the middle pin doesn't go all the way through. This is unlike any double action system I've seen before. There are originals floating around, but no pictures of the disassembled internals. Closest I could find was an image from beneath with the trigger guard taken off.
I asked a gunsmith about it and he said I'd probably have to do it myself because he doesn't think he could make any money doing it. Does anybody here have any ideas about how to move this insane project forward?

Attached: 8650080_1[1].jpg (800x387, 29K)

Dammit, now I need one. What's a solid kit guys?

>that moose knuckle

>MFW I shot a home invader with my Springfield 1861
>Be me late summer 2010 outskirts of Atlanta Georgia
>always keep all my funs with one loaded in the chamber
>be working on my Springfield one early morning around sunrise
>hear glass shattered in my back house
>Not too worried about having one shot, I have my beretta at my waist
>start sneaking around my treeline towards the back house
>notice a rapist looking van with no windows parked some 30 yards away off the road
>can hear some rummaging
>HEY ASSHOLE I GOT THE SHERIFF AND GAME WARDEN COMING COME OUT PEACEFULLY
>Buffoon comes sprinting towards me out of the darkness and what looks like he’s trying to leap on me
>Fire my one shot and it strikes him and shatters bone and flesh in his shoulder area
>just explodes
>feel some of his tender meat strike me in the face
>dude gets up and immediately collapses some couple inches
>Van takes off
>dude is bleeding the fuck out
>I use a bunch of towels to try and stop the bleeding
>Sheriffs and game warden arrive 20 minutes later
>”THE FUCK HAPPENED TO HIM??”
>they check the body and find a ruger.22 in his back pocket area
>he pretty much died not long after being shot
>two weeks later buddy sheriff tells me his toxicology came back and the poor bastard was on some heavy duty meth
>get cleared by judge for self defense
>MFW read up on minie ball wounds

Redpill me on Indian-made muskets

>Using a BP gun for HD when you have a perfectly functional pistol on your waist

I honestly don't believe it

It’s just second nature to use your primary weapon in hand.

I want to shoot a home invader with a Martini Henry rifle all dress upped in appropriate time gear for the Zulu war. That will be one hell of a police report.

Attached: A Real man.jpg (735x939, 83K)

I want to shoot an intruder with a G71/84 in full prussian uniform and when the cops arrive i am next to the corpse playing Der Hohenfriedberger Marsch on a tuba

Not bad.
How about shooting him with a brown bess in full british military regalia of the time. Another amazing police report to be had.

So many ideas of home defense scenarios designed only to fuck with the cops who gotta do the report......

*While blasting british marching music.

God I love this idea. Too bad break-ins are rare. I would not mind shooting a man breaking into my house with a traditional Afghan jezail dressed up as a Afghani in that time period.

I want to believe
Post your Springfield for proofs

Honestly, the black powder rifle design is as aesthetic as they can get. If only they had kept that design and converted it to bolt action.

>MFW has the idea of creating a line of bolt actions that hold a similar style to the 1860s rifle patterns.

Honestly, as much as people think they're shit, I really like the aesthetics of mosins for this very reason. They almost look like they bridge the gap between most WW1/2-era bolt actions and BP muskets/rifles imo.

Mosins are awesome. And they do, because they are one of the bridge guns.

I wouldn't really call them a bridge gun since they were designed and used well into the repeating arms era, the single shot rifles of the time like the Berdan were the bridge guns.
Mosins just have some older aesthetics, like the bayonet being a dedicated spike and the fact that the cleaning rod just happens to look kinda like a ram rod.

Attached: 1234132421341.jpg (3292x798, 854K)

>MFW Breech loafers need to make a comeback

I want a Chassepot but I have a feeling I wouldn't use it as much as I'd like to think

Attached: 00001_Chassepot-Mle-1866.jpg (920x690, 48K)

I´ve recently got a blackpowder shotgun, is pushing a kitchen sponge soaked in hot water with dish cleaner through the barrel till it starts coming out clean enough to clean it? I dry it with hairdryer and spray it with wd40 afterwards.

I need to get ammo for my Gras

Attached: 20180805_174206.jpg (2576x1932, 1.06M)

These