.22lr for conceal carry?

I say shot placement over stopping power meme

Attached: Trailblazer-LifeCard-.22LR-Pistol.jpg (1024x941, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nycYxb-zNwc
liveleak.com/view?t=ac6Dz_1522738366
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/sig p238
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just so long as it isn't the abomination you posted.

If your target can congratulate you on a well-placed shot, you probably want more stopping power.

>.22lr bounces off tyrone's sloped forehead that devolved to become resistant to SNS rounds
>he rapes you with his priapsis dick while you hold an empty 400 dollar paperweight
Sounds like a plan.

Attached: 1537463279773.jpg (750x746, 95K)

Yeah
$500 for a single shot .22lr
What were they thinking?

.22lr is an OK defence round. It has worse failure to stop stats than duty calibres, but about the same lethality stats. In other words, stopping powah and shit placement are both valid memes. I'll post a link to a video that goes into the studies.

youtu.be/nycYxb-zNwc

liveleak.com/view?t=ac6Dz_1522738366

Reminder this dude lived.

Do you think your shot placement will be this perfect? Because even then, it might not be lethal.

Sure beats just your fists. Lord knows your wrists are weak as fuck if you need to be carrying .22 o begin with.

Yeah he lived, but the immediate threat would have been neutralized, had this been a self defense situation.

That design is actually kinda neat.
What the fuck?!?

>leaky boi

If you shit someone with this they would rage beat you to literal death before you could reload it again.

Considering one of the companies I contract for has a no gun policy, my only options are pocket carry, with something real small, like a 22, 25, or a 32. I won’t go near a .380 pocket pistol. Fuck those. Any somewhat decent suggestions?

Exactly. He lived.

If you shoot someone, is your aim going to be that fucking perfect? Is your ballistic performance going to be that fucking perfect, a round entering at practically muzzle velocity with zero clothing interference, practically no muscle or bone slowing it down?

Because even under clearly ideal circumstances, a shot at point blank directly to the goddamn head, someone might not die. Your circumstances are not going to be so ideal. That is practically guaranteed. So you cannot expect your results to even reach those of this ideal scenario.

Carrying .22lr is planning for the best to happen on the worst day of your life.

When you're about to die it is a bad idea to play the odds.

Attached: 06739dc8.jpg (256x256, 34K)

>i won’t go near a .380 pocket pistol
why the fuck not? lcp ii incredibly small and more than capable.

>I won't go near a .380
>chooses way less useful but not much smaller guns
nigger

Carrying a 22 is way better than nothing. Getchu a steel frame .380 and you'll have better ballistics and similar recoil.

Just because you CAN fit a .380 into a pocket gun doesn’t mean you SHOULD. They shoot like shit. LCP and LCP 2 are both difficult to control and the LCP 2 jams like a motherfucker for me. The S&W Bodyguard is not as bad, but the trigger kills it. 380 requires a full grip for realistic controllability. Before you call me bitch wrists, I shoot big bore handguns pretty regularly, recoil isn’t a big deal if it’s controllable. If you have to adjust your grip after every shot you take, due to the recoil pushing the muzzle upward in your meathooks because the gun is too small for the caliber, it’s probably not a good choice for self defense. At least for me.

I agree with what you are saying. Ever try a Sig P238? I'm able to shoot it pretty accurately. Way better than a LCP.

Beretta 84 is nice but it's not a pocket gun.

>The S&W Bodyguard is not as bad, but the trigger kills it
The trigger on your self defense weapon does not matter. If it weighs less than 15#, what you need to do is take it to the goddamn range and learn how to shoot it. Because you can, and you can do it well. Yes, it requires more effort. No, it will never be as nice as a full size pistol. No, that doesn't matter. It doesn't need 1 MOA accuracy. You need to be able to get a fist sized group on someone's chest at 7 yards, that's it.
>380 requires a full grip for realistic controllability
No it doesn't. If you said 9mm you'd still be wrong, but closer to right at least.
>If you have to adjust your grip after every shot you take, due to the recoil pushing the muzzle upward in your meathooks because the gun is too small for the caliber, it’s probably not a good choice for self defense.
Absolutely, that's why you have to learn to shoot it. If you're not lying about being a big bore handgun shooter (inb4 I shot .45 ACP once), then that is probably half the problem. The technique for shooting a pocket pistol and controlling its recoil is quite a bit different from shooting something bigger than say, .44 magnum. If you shoot a big boy revolver like a normal pistol you will hurt yourself.
>At least for me.
Here's the crux of the issue. It's not that it's impossible or even that difficult. You're doing it wrong. I'm not saying this to be a dick, but if you think .380 is uncontrollable you are just doing something wrong. Especially if you do indeed have actual experience shooting.

Now you should shoot and carry what you are comfortable with. But you should not go for something crazy under-powered as a result, instead you should work towards becoming comfortable with something viable.

> shot placement
I think they meant something other than placing a shot directly under the surface of the skin.

Seecamp 32acp

Yes, my shot placement WILL be that perfect. Because I am perfect. Stop being so mad that you can't be me.

Attached: Blank+_cd769dd61bd54b905b912a183d314c00.jpg (607x608, 35K)

The P238 is pretty sweet, but god damn the price tag that comes with it is absolutely not.
Chances are, you are correct, I just need to learn the technique, as I have only shot around 250 - 300 rounds through really small handguns such as the LCP. Still, if I can grab myself a slightly more controllable .32 auto in the same size, I’d probably take it over the .380, just for easier handling. If .380 works for you, then I say fucking go for it

I carry a suppressed .22lr because if I have to shoot my way out of some stupid situation, I don't want the whole damn neighbourhood to know about it and get me in trouble. Shoot, walk away. Problem solved. That said, I know it's under-powered, but nothing suppresses as well as subsonic .22lr so that's what I'm sticking with. Besides which violent crime is very rare where I live.

>I carry a suppressed .22lr because if I have to shoot my way out of some stupid situation
No you don't

Huh? What an odd retort. Oh, and a pen-sized zipgun in my pocket in case that's easier to access at the time. It doubles as a somewhat stabby thing made of steel (made of a rifle barrel, somewhat pointy at one end) to strike with after shooting.

You are more likely to do the latter, but you still don't do either.

Well yeah, I guess, considering everything anyone here says is an artistic work of fiction...

Attached: edc.jpg (2000x1190, 380K)

Absolutely BTFOED

Money has been put where mouth is.

To be completely fair, you can buy them for low to mid $300s.
But I agree with your sentiments. I'd buy a couple of them if they were $100ish just for fun, but they aren't worth more than that.

Well that's as good as I could do. Not about to show a timestamped video of me carrying this nonsense.

Listen. Everyone says "shot placement" and it matters but all the self defense experts also say "shoot the attacker multiple times" and "carry the most powerful bullets you can control". Police reports from the 38 revolver days are filled with stories of round nose 38 special bouncing off of skulls and not penetrating enough to kill people. So when the Big Day comes and you think you are gonna get into a no shit gunfight, you are gonna carry the smallest bullets that Walmart sells? Just no dude, unless some circumstances make it so that it is the only concealed weapon you can carry (holdout gun for going into prohibited areas?) then what are you doing with a .22lr for self defense?

The thing is that for shot placement to be a thing you need it to be able to have shot placement.

That thing has no sights really and does not have a good surface to get a hold of.

Unless your .22 bullet is going 2800 fps or faster, no

I take it back, user. Good work.

kek of keks.

>15#
>using # for the measurement
kys

PMR30 or bust

>.22lr
>making your assailant angry with you instead of just politely mugging you and going about his business
what did conservatards mean by this?

Ruger LC9s.

I'd rather play Russian roulette with 5 bullets than carry that pos.

Paul Harrell carries a .25acp baby browning
He even killed a deer with it

>not buying a dragon dildo to train your body so you can conceal carry a .50 revolver while nude sunbathing
Train your body user.

That's almost 700fpe, user, are you sure 700 foot/pounds is really necessary for a handgun cartridge to be valid for defensive use? Seems to me most handguns deliver between 250 and 400fpe, which is considered adequate by police and military establishments. Not that any .22lr delivers nearly that - CCI SV out of a 4" barrel is around 90fpe if memory serves, and hyper-velocity types bump that up to maybe 150fpe. But considering that 40fpe is more than adequate for one shot kills on raccoons, which are tough little bastards, I'm having trouble understanding why .22lr is such a big problem in this role. Sure it's not likely to deliver a one-shot-drop, but neither is 9mm, and how many millions carry 9mm?

I really don't think it's what you should use if you expect a situation to defend yourself with. If it's sort of a derringer or deep conceal carry kind of thing you don't expect to have to use but would rather have something than nothing I think it's okay if you'd rather fight someone trying to kill you that has a few bullets that might have hurt them a bit vs someone trying to kill you that isn't already shot. I just wouldn't expect it to really stop them.

I've seen one of these in real life. They are well built, but they are garbage.

>comes in kydex holster
>pull it out
>unfold it
>pull back cocking slide
>pull trigger
>hit lever to open breech
>open compartment in grip to get out another .22
>insert in breech
>re-cock

They cost $500. I would rather take my odds with a $100 derringer.

I’m actually one of the select few retards that bought one of these.

Attached: Useless.png (933x688, 1.24M)

And? How well do you think it might fare in an emergency situation, where you need to draw and shoot within a couple of seconds against an armed and rapidly advancing attacker? Could you do so one-handed, while fending off said attacker with the off hand?

While its possible to open with one hand I don't really see any way to charge it one handed. The only instance where this is usable is when you have the element of surprise. I picked it up because i'm a sucker for dumb shit I have no intention of carrying it.

>the virgin folding pistol vs the well dressed chad with appropriate business attire

Attached: jbbcg.gif (320x224, 1.79M)

Lost

>someone pulls gun on you
>draw .22
>fte
>get shot and die
No thanks. I would never trust rimfire. Your special agent fantasy is going to get you killed or jailed.

You don't need to kill the threat, you need to stop the threat. That guy was incapacitated instantly.

Now thanks to jews and liberals you are probably better off killing the guy but that is a legal issue.

Attached: Depositphotos_4760962_s-2015-300x200.jpg (264x176, 7K)

I have a few other dumb pocket pistols that are better than the Lifecard.

Attached: Untitled.png (1087x790, 1.66M)

what's the one on the right?

>posting that retards video instead of just linking the actual "study"
>taking any OSS study, let alone the ellifritz "study" seriously
Opinion discarded.

Cool. But why would you carry a single action double barrel in your pocket and not something like snake skin cowboy boots?

DoubleTap .45

thanks. seems like it might be a fun toy

>380 requires a full grip for realistic controllability.
Jesus, dude, eat some fucking wheaties. Im a fucking soiboi who hasn't worked out since high school and i don't have a problem shooting my LCP2 one handed. You just have to focus on gripping harder with the two fingers you do have contact with and its easy streets.
>The P238 is pretty sweet, but god damn the price tag that comes with it is absolutely not.
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/sig p238

Can you really not afford $400?
>Sure it's not likely to deliver a one-shot-drop, but neither is 9mm, and how many millions carry 9mm?
Those two rounds are worlds apart in terms of efficacy, and most "police and military establishments" consider 9mm to be the bare minimum for a handgun round these days. Hell, it was widely eschewed in that use with expanding bullets until recently by US LEAs.

Honestly, It kicks harder than the 7.62 next to it.

>not having a 1 shot .50 BMG dragon dildo concealed at all times

My ex gf did that. It shot off all the time right up in the place she needed it.

>the chad masturbation death grip vs the virgin fbi-female-wrists

>not threading your urethra for a suppressor so that you can stealthily spread syphilis to the enemies of freedom

There's no way these even costed 100 dollars to make per unit including R&D. If anything, these guns should have been limited to a novelty.

Unironically yes. 99% of self-defense is having a gun when you need it. The more concealable, the more time you can carry it.

Use CCI mini-mag hollowpoints (no, they don't expand, but they hit a performance sweet spot).

Attached: naa 22lr mini-revolver.jpg (900x585, 40K)

How many joules of energy does it have? 4?

According to one series of tests, the .22lr model with 1.125" barrel delivers about 46fpe using a 38gr bullet, unknown brand and model. That's from a test written up in 1984 in Guns & Ammo. So not too shabby for a teensy thing.

Actually, not too bad. I expected worse results.
Given the size, it is suitable for really concealed carry in places where a normal gun can not be carried.
Every gun is better than nuffin.