How is a wolf supposed to beat a dog like this in a fight?

Attached: bf4c42ebb6a012b38839e18650f17ea6.jpg (872x960, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iDpYBT0XyvA
youtu.be/i49o1jnuhCc?t=231
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwestern_wolf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_attack
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_Gévaudan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wolves are way fucking smarter and stronger than most domestic dogs.

By being larger, stronger, smarter and basically better in every single way.
Dogs are literally the genetic dregs of retarded naive wolves that humans managed to domesticate.
Also wolves fight in packs and often lure dogs into the woods and absolutely fuck them up for fun.

Attached: 1521473026996.png (500x435, 217K)

>fuck facts cuz i liek dogs xD

Don't forget that wolves did that to humans in middle ages.

>1v1 me faggot
>aaaaaa nooo humans humans help

Attached: Im_out.gif (200x200, 948K)

by having a whole pack to come at his back when he's holding the dog's attention

wolves kill a ton of dogs here in Idaho, they're no joke

Utter stupidity. You know there are breeds of dogs bred solely to drive off and murder wolves stupid enough to approach livestock, right?

Attached: irish wolfhound.jpg (350x485, 48K)

what the fuck is wrong with you

Wolves got slowly hunted to extinction in the late middle ages

My dream dog I will get you one day boofer

Drive off, possibly.
Murder, no, not even close.
Do you think dogs are just out there protecting livestock by themselves? They're to distract wolves the human shepherd can come by and shoot them.
If you've ever lived on a farm, losing dogs to wolves is a fact of life.

If intelligence were equal and it was a one on one fight, I'd vote Wolf. Main reasons: larger teeth, taking down prey consistently, shredding meat to survive. Larger dogs(head size) usually have stronger bite force. Wolf head > most dog breeds.

Irish wolfhounds are for hunting wolves yes, but do you know what's an important part of the hunt? PEOPLE. Do you think they just let loose a pack of wolfhounds to solo a pack of wolves?

Attached: 1534467167975.jpg (480x336, 44K)

show me one breed of dog that's suppose to kill wolves without human help

Attached: 8c29e6d9648bdbbe5269897ed35facd7.jpg (607x1080, 126K)

Attached: 4967b84420231d7705f7bf1dba2978b5.jpg (720x960, 98K)

>Utter stupidity

wolves have greater bone and muscle density than any breed of domesticated dog. it works out to about a 3x greater power to weight ratio. irish wolfhounds were bred to run down individual wolves in groups while accompanied by armed humans on horseback, they were never sent out alone because they'd get fucking murdered.

>stupid enough to approach livestock

user, throughout medieval europe wolves would enter villages and attack, kill and drag off villagers in broad daylight. we have numerous records of this, particularly from france and russia, because they kept the best records. france being well organized for a medieval kingdom has very good records of this. before firearms, never dealt with wolves individually. records show that even when humans went out looking for killer wolves, half the time the wolves would kill even more humans before finally dying. wiki has a lot of accounts. go read them. they're fucking harrowing. strong young man? wolf food. they didn't just go for the weak and vulnerable.

>humanity was enslaved by wolves until firearms
>an armed band on a wolf hunt could expect to lose lives half the time
so full of shit

Don't talk to wolf niggers, they're all closted furries anyway

Out of genuine curiosity, please drop a link to a source

>irish wolfhounds
also European Wolves are equivalent to American Coyotes. Go to Canada or Russia and your talking real wolves

Attached: 1529189293667.png (598x597, 756K)

Just like space wolf players in warhammer 40k

Attached: latest-7.jpg (800x600, 98K)

small unit tactics, kiting, and just generally being the masterrace of the canis genus.
>even as fucked as dog fighting is, i'd be interested in seeing a White Fang kinda fight between a wild timber wolf and some bred and trained corso

>Gray wolf weight varies geographically; on average, European wolves may weigh 38.5 kg (85 lb), North American wolves 36 kg (79 lb) and Indian and Arabian wolves 25 kg (55 lb).[54] Females in any given wolf population typically weigh 5–10 lb (2.3–4.5 kg) less than males.[55] Wolves weighing over 54 kg (119 lb) are uncommon, though exceptionally large individuals have been recorded in Alaska, Canada,[55] and the forests of western Russia.[10]
The average North American wolf is smaller than the average European wolf.

youtu.be/iDpYBT0XyvA

Attached: 1523267026303.jpg (1024x652, 91K)

Now this is some heavy obsession right here

dogpat
wolfpat
good canine manypat

youtu.be/i49o1jnuhCc?t=231

Attached: faggot2.jpg (500x375, 36K)

lmfao even tigers arn't that deadly

Very easily, Cane Corsos are very sweet dogs.

yes. a one on one fight wouldn't fucking happen unless they were chucked in a pit and unless the wolf was trained all its life by human beings to perform in a pit it would freak out and underperform in a frustrating fashion in stark contrast to the fighting dog who was not only trained all its life but which also had all the 'whoah this shit might get me killed' bred out of it several generations ago

You should see the Canadian species of wolves that normally hunts moose and caribou...

Attached: wolves.jpg (679x476, 123K)

Normal Wolf vs. Normal Dog

Attached: romeo-and-a-labrador.jpg (920x576, 100K)

Cowards, all of you. Refraining from mentioning the superior Caucasian Ovarcharka is punishable by ten years if hard labor in the form of ear scratching.

Attached: 03-caucasian-mountain-dog.jpg (600x441, 63K)

>look at these outliers, they're totally the norm
>just look at how cool and awesome wolves are
Off yourself, furry nigger

The Canadian grey wolf is I believe the largest species of wolves. Canis lupus occidentalis. They hunt bison, moose, caribou, etc.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwestern_wolf

Attached: gallery10.jpg (900x675, 132K)

They are in the northwest. This is still the Jow Forums board, no? I hunt about 1 to 3 a year if I win tags.

Nigger you're retarded. As everyone else has said, dogs can only hold them off. You're still expected to go out and shoot the damn thing yourself. Retarded furfag nigger

>Northwestern wolves are one of the largest subspecies of wolves. In British Columbia, Canada, five adult females averaged 42.5 kg (94 lb) and ten adult males averaged 51.1 kg (113 lb), with a weight range for all adults of 38.6 to 61.4 kg (85 to 135 lb).[9] In Yellowstone National Park, adult females were reported to average 41 kg (90 lb) and adult males averaged reportedly 50 kg (110 lb), with a mean adult body mass in winter of 43.4 kg (96 lb).
No they're fucking not. No way those things are ~110 lb. They're outliers clear and simple.

>Retarded furfag nigger
I'm not the one who can't stop fawning about wolves, faggot.

What a retard. Presented with facts, he denies it as it disagrees with his world view. Typical.

In Northwest Canada, average wolves are 90-110lbs. AVERAGE. The outliers are 130+ lbs and absolute monsters you feel like you need silver bullets for.

>no reading comprehension
>unable to follow a simple conversation
>reddit/ phone nigger spacing
Why am I not surprised?

Let's also not forget Dire Wolves, now extinct, were on average 175 lbs...

Kangals and ovcharkas as well as some of the mastiffs around the Himalayas can take on a single wolf. Arguably a rhodesian ridgeback might take one since they managed to take on lions.

But those are the exceptions, as a rule dogs might scare a wolf off but one vs one generally the wolf will shred the dog.

It will depend on the breed of wolf though. Timber wolves are huge and can take on any dog, a steppe wolf on the other hand can get its ass kicked by several races of dogs.

wolves without the support of their pack are like most wild animals risk averse to a degree that astounds human beings. brown bears won't fuck with mountain lionesses that they have 300+ pounds on that are protecting their cubs because the ones who have the 'lol I weigh 300 pounds more than you do, what can you do?" gene have generally been too busy dying of sepsis for the last 50,0000 years to reproduce or raise offspring. even outside the context of protecting offspring, mountain lions, tigers and brown bears alike will, if in the process of tracking prey, pick up the scent of another predator tracking it, give up the chase

>Dire Wolves, now extinct, were on average 175 lbs

Attached: 1509350853864.png (899x547, 33K)

>user, throughout medieval europe wolves would enter villages and attack, kill and drag off villagers in broad daylight. we have numerous records of this, particularly from france and russia, because they kept the best records.

This is the biggest load of bullshit I have ever read in my entire life. Even before the invention of guns, non-rabid wolves never ever attacked adult males and they definitely didn't attack during the day. What's more, barely a handful of people were dying to wolves per year in France during the middle ages.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_attack

He's full of shit.

Wow who would have thought this'd be a Jow Forums hot button, huh

Attached: 8862_446506728737962_299789326_n.jpg (179x130, 4K)

Unfortunately Jow Forums is Jow Forums's furry refugee center.

Attached: sothisistruewolfpower.jpg (500x500, 75K)

>grown adult children who relish in power fantasy also happen to like owning and obsessing over powerful firearms

I mean, we're all in the same area of the venn diagram of crazy people

Attached: 1301509204757.jpg (480x360, 9K)

these dogs are a threat because of their ability to kill other dogs and humans. a wolf can put up with its bite, unlike a more fragile being.

Was waiting for someone to write this, wolves attacks are tales for kids and furryniggers

>your in gamestop when this dude smacks your wolf's ass

There is an old video (black and white, early 1900s) or a caucasian protecting a flock from a pack of Siberian wolves. It killed all 3 easily.

Of course, most dogs are not up to the challenge. Even most anti wolf breeds are not actually trained to that level of violence. The rural vatniks use cruel training meathods like forcing the dogs to fight captive bears and shit to achieve that level of violence.

In the states some people use this breed to protect their sled dogs from mountain lions.

Attached: caucasian-mountain-shepherd-4-809x508.jpg (809x508, 49K)

not that user but maybe hes thinking of this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_Gévaudan

You guys are all stupid

Flanking, obviously, it's like you don't even small unit tactics.

Attached: 20160819_203542.jpg (303x367, 68K)

what about bows? much faster fire rate then the first firearms.

He boot to big for he got dam feet

provide proof

>what is a pack

ridgeback on a lion is a fallacy.
at best they are finders and bailers. couldn't last a minute against a lion (that could kill a hyena)

I'm pretty sure that's a bear, user

American pitbull 90 lbs
American gamper 130lbs
American wolf 160 lbs
Pitbull will get eviscerated

Read about it from couple of sources.
Might have been based on supernatural beliefs so there might not be hard evidence for it.

Is your farm from the 18th century? You might lose a small dog or cat to coyotes but the wolf population is limited to very remote areas that are not viable to farm.

>sees cane corso but thinks it’s a pit bull
>pretends to know about dogs
It’s like poetry.

Attached: 61B3BC28-B6D2-4763-87A8-C3F587CFB460.jpg (3970x2394, 2.43M)

Irish Wolf Hound and Great Danes are closely related and can engage and win one on one with a single wolf. They were bred to do so.

In 2014 my Great Dane fought off three pit bulls and killed two of them with relative ease. The third died of its wounds. Blue needed just 10 stitches over his ribs and a bandage for two punctures of his ear. The entire engagement was less than two minutes. But I spent most of the time getting my wife inside and retrieving a weapon. So its hard to tell on the timing. But if a pack of wolves engaged us in the wood I would happily stand by Blue's side.

>American wolf 160 lbs

Attached: 1537772466470.jpg (620x670, 91K)

Neat. I never pictured great Danes as good fighters, they look like such awkward lanklets.

Attached: 1528172905737.png (867x1227, 678K)

Add to that the Sarplaninac breed. The bigger males can get up to 60 kgs

>grown adult children in who relish in the KNOT also happen to play airsoft
ftfy

They were bred literally to rip a mans neck put in battle. One of the few dogs that were owned specifically by nobility for both hunting and use as personal guards in battle and in the palace.

They look awkward in play but when engaged they are terrifying. They have as much muscle mass as any dog just not crammed down onto a doglet body.

Wolves are much more nimbly-blimbly than a bully, and quicker. Wolf would be able to get behind it and snap its neck.

>italian nigger dog vs american nigger dog

Theres not much difference between them senpai. They're both hotchead nigger breeds

What the fuck did you just say you little weasel.

Attached: 800px-Dogge_Odin.jpg (800x1081, 189K)

Uhh user, that's a Dalmatian..

Nigger I live in downtown Galveston, a fucking Island, and we still get cattle loses to yotes. Coyotes btfo small towns all the time and they're likely in your urban cubicle too.

You just dont notice them running past feral nogs on your way back to your efficiency apartment lmao.

>a wolf
>a/an (singular) wolf
>honorabru 1v1 against a fucking wolf
Wolves will always flank, the only time you'll fight off a wolf solo is if it was cast from its pack for being a fucking cripple, or the other wolves are already dead.

No it isnt.

Not even close. Don’t be an uneducated nigger.

Is it possible to domesticate a Wolf? Like, just keep taking in wolves and kill the ones that look like they might attack you. Or would that just end with a new breed of dog?

Lions don’t like picking fights woth other predators if they don’t have to. If a lion wanted to destroy a hyena pack they could, but they don’t since it’s not worth the risk of harm.

Just buy a dog. You'll save yourself tens of thousands of years of 'domesticating'

>Grey wolf
>66-180 lbs
>”well they only come in on the higher end”
Nice skewing of the numbers numbnuts.

That’s not how dogs fight. Or move. They attack at the side (where you can easily get at the neck). Think of it as a crude thumb war, but instead of pinning each other’s thumbs, the first one to be able to firmly grasp the other’s neck wins.

German Shepherd. If you want a bigger German Shepherd, get a King Shepherd (careful though, not officially approved) or an Alaskan Malamute.

>being scared
>of yappy yotes that couldn’t intimidate a greyhound
Kek

>citations
>my asshole
I bet you jerk off to dogs fucking.

And they said being mixed race is bad.

Attached: B0BFAC51-882F-4932-93CA-941CAE054D28.jpg (720x558, 86K)

Attached: IMG_20180328_023100.jpg (500x524, 48K)

Depends on the wolf and depends on the dog, a wolf vs. a dog like that comes down to the age old dex v. strength debate. Wolves are some slick dexterous motherfuckers and have strength to match. Their entire life is survival whereas a dog like that has training no doub;t it is still domesticated and doesn't "practice" survival 24/7. Plus you also have to factor in that wolves are rarely alone and the likelihood of a lone wolf to be a sickly outcast is higher than it not being one.

its already been mentioned in the thread

these are some dogs

Attached: 1458445493877.png (191x234, 7K)

>How

Attached: DoggesWuff1.png (720x960, 841K)

You have a STRONG misunderstanding about dogs you mongoloid. Wolves are strong, but not nearly as smart as dogs. Dogs have better senses of smell, can be trained (even to fight bears) and they retain the strongest trait wolves have, pack hunting. It’s not unheard of for dogs to actually take over wolf packs as Alphas

Ridgebacks tracked lions, they didn’t kill them retard. Have you ever seen a lion in real life? They’re fucking enormous.