Handgun General - /hg/ #195

Guns and watches edition

Pastebin:
>pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
>scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

P.T.

Attached: 20181003_200039-3781x2317.jpg (3781x2317, 1.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

luckygunner.com/labs/10mm-auto-self-defense-ammo-ballistic-gel-tests/
worldofwatches.com/mens-fireman-stainless-steel-silver-tone-dial-nm2110c-2t-sj-sl-ball-nm2110c2tsjsl
jomashop.com/ball-watch-nm2110c-2t-sj-sl.html
time.is/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are there any hand scattergats?

yep

Attached: taurus judge 001.jpg (1600x1200, 474K)

Where to buy?

Gun stores

Thanks senpai

Well, you doing okay? What happened afterwards?

Attached: 1523441780087.jpg (640x640, 75K)

Went in for questioning, gun was taken as evidence. I'm having a really hard time with it.

>45

Why would you post here?

>apple watch
>.45 aarp

what do you guys think of the sig sp2022? i was thinking of getting one

Attached: SP2022.png (380x272, 107K)

Well I can imagine why. Hang tough, user.

SIG Pros are the only SIGs I really like.

Attached: SIG SP2340 alp.jpg (3366x2146, 2.56M)

Very under rated gun. French ordered the biggest handgun contract of the current century with these guns and they’re basically what almost all their armed police use.

Theyre great guns there just isn’t a lot of after market out there for them save the essential sights magazines and holsters

Great gun though

cool. i think i might just get one

Wanting something for carry the size of either a Glock 26 or m&p shield I want something with around 10 rounds what are my options?

better than a p226
just don't get one in .40

Shield

8 round mag from factory, 10 rounds available

RAMI

Attached: 20180609_170148_Burst01.jpg (4160x3120, 3.51M)

>>apple watch
best watch on the market. period.
>>.45 aarp
best caliber for animal control. period.

Lrn2horology

can your watch monitor your heart and take an EKG and take a phone call? didn't think so.
enjoy those antiquated gears and shitty quartz crap.

How fun is pistol on a bench and should I buy one of these rests?? How far out can I expect to hit an 8" and 1 0" round steel plate?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 106K)

How steady can you hold your hand and pull the trigger?

I had one, gimmick wore off after a few months. Sold it and went back to my omega

Pretty steady. I think I can consistently keep a 5" group at 10 yards standing off hand. I'd like to try shooting at ~30-50 yards at my steel plates

>gimmick
it was tested and approved by the FDA. it's not a gimmick. it does everything really fucking well.
your watch is nothing more than a piece of jewelry that happens to tell the time (usually incorrectly and off by a few seconds too).
go to bed gramps.

There is no more boring way to shoot a gun.

Heavier and bigger in every dimension than a G26? Hardly seems competitive.

However shots get pretty erratic

Aw shucks.Well I'm gonna buy one anyways, only 20 bucks.

The whole gimmick of a "smart watch" is what wore off quickly. Only ever used it to tell the time and it's bullshit it needs to charge every night.

it lasts 2 days on a single charge. and it's not an issue to charge it.
everything else is nothing more than a barbie-tier fashion accessory.
stay poor.

I wish I could post Guns Knives and Watches mental breakdown about suicide but no sound webms on this board becuse fucking why.

Attached: 225.jpg (2000x1276, 674K)

Attached: 2018-10-02_20.54.00.jpg (1560x3208, 2.95M)

>poor
Okay

Attached: 20181003_220733.jpg (4032x3024, 3.34M)

luckygunner.com/labs/10mm-auto-self-defense-ammo-ballistic-gel-tests/

Explain this bullshit now
>some 10mm loads are comparable to 40 because manufacturers are literally retarded
>ones intended for dangerous game over penetrating as they should because they’re for fucking bears not people
>claims 10mm is ass and no Better than 40

What the actual fuck, some 357s are loaded down to 38 special velocities and others edge on 41 magnums lower end because some people want a pistol to try to get close to a rifle when bears or moose are charging how is any of this a knock against 10mm?

>everyone on earth complains about the stopping power of pistols in general
>commonly available cartridge comes around that is somewhat affordable and is far more powerful than any other common auto loading caliber
>people shit on its re-emergence for no fucking reason other than

How are small arms supposed to fucking evolve if you idiots are simply obsessed with tacticool 9mm plinkers. Not every gun is made with the intent of the mall ninja fuckery that has apparently consumed the handgun community.

The dogma that exists now with “Glock like 9mms” is harder than the 1911 revolver fuckery that was debated on for 100 years. How the fuck can so many people be this close minded?

Attached: 3F180C62-3A04-4AF6-98F9-DD350E7C41B6.gif (350x266, 1.72M)

Is a Glock 37 a stupid investment or is it a reasonable gun. Trying to decide if I want one instead of a Glock 20. Thoughts on the two

Honestly the whole “anything other than 9mm is fudd and should be shamed” is just as or even more harmful than any actual “fudd” mentality

It’s the equivalent of SJWs in the gun community that need to be justified constantly that 9mm is good enough but not only that, but that anything other than 9mm is retarded.

Years being under attack while under Obama I feel has made us so damn soft while under a republican the freedom has made us retarded

PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE THING I LIKE WAHHH

Attached: IMG_20180422_160353278_HDR-3000x2250.jpg (3000x2250, 1.3M)

Wut mods to do?

Attached: 20181003_221900.jpg (2381x1835, 2.36M)

9mm only got popular because it’s cost and the fact it’s a military cartridge. In the field, ask anyone whose had to use fmj, the thing is just plain ineffective at best and a liability at worst. In the civilian world we have lot of very expensive “wonder ammo” that gets 9mm out there and gets it to expand enough to be reliable but here’s the thing, different companies can get 30 Carbine and even 380 and 32 acp to perform ok in ballistics gel. But with that ammo only. I use 357 magnum for innawoods carry and 45acp for ccw both fmj. I dot want a 9mm that’s just a surrogate for 45 I want the real thing. All this tacticool consumerist propaganda can go fuck right off

>buying a handgat in .45 GAP
stop
buy the G20

Shooter mod. Basically you just need to put the gun facing a target, but position the gun right next to your ear. For some reason it makes your brain tune into the frequencies of the gun, helping you connect with it and therefore shoot more accurately.

Ah yes, good advice

Link? Sounds funny.
First things first, anybody with a straight head on their shoulders who's watched lucky gunner regularly will tell you that they're anti magnum calibers, anit revolvers, anti anything that doesn't fit in with the current self defense meta, and entirely concerned with muh clear gel results. If a magnum round didn't produce a noticeable difference in gel results then there's clearly no difference between it and other cartridges, if it did then it doesn't matter because it's just gel. marginal .380 auto loads work well in clear gel? trust my life to it. They also tend to test top end combat caliber loads vs mid or low end magnum caliber loads for no reason in particular. They also tend to view everything through the idea of human on human SD while ignoring animal defense. They're pretty much the stereotype of zero real world experience armchair commandos regurgitating something they heard this one time and using unrepresentative tests to support that.

best handgun for

Hipoint c9

Attached: scaled_full_8f93a4c27c3a0a0ea70e.jpg (500x380, 26K)

Get the Hyve extender +2 for your backup mag. Maybe replace the trigger? I would say dont mess with the trigger if you are CCWing it.

Gangster edition

>tfw that's a factory option

Attached: Screenshot_20181003-223603_Chrome.jpg (1440x2960, 727K)

Walther pps m2
Beretta APX

Are there any fixed barrel 10mm?

Attached: 1536810805494.jpg (506x1024, 76K)

$3000?

$3139, yes

Could have bought a used Rolex.

Hate to break it to you, but that's pretty much poor if that's all you have.

What's a decent "entry level" saa?

Thinking about picking up a CZ P-09 after browsing these threads for a couple days. Y/N?

Attached: 15z_CZP09UrbanGreySuppressorReady_L_91269.png (1920x1444, 1.78M)

Just purchased my first 1911. In before clipper.

Attached: 00AC74EB-D6B9-4214-A8DF-224ED579141F.jpg (4032x3024, 2.81M)

Single action army?

I don't like the inverted rails on CZs. I say NO. Or at least get a CZ P-10c instead.

Yes. 2 minutes after I posted, I saw a thread about ubertis and remembered that they made SAAs. Probably leaning towards that.

Fuck, what's with all these smart watches? Barely even functions as a watch since you're probably not even on the right screen half the time. I bet I could beat you in race to determine the time using just a plain ol' analogue. Ever more so with, say, that old Casio I have back from the 90s

I prefer analogue watches over digital. I needed it for mile and time tracking when I run.

The local shop doesn't carry it, what about a SP-01 Phantom? (Polymer, not metal but I'd want to carry for the lighter weight) This one is about 40~ bucks cheaper

Attached: CZ-75_SP-01_Phantom.jpg (1000x755, 125K)

Maxim 9 when?

>I don't like the inverted rails on CZs
Gross. why? is it the smaller slide or something?
Both the phantom and p-09 are huge fucks for CCW. I've occasionally CCWd a SP01(essentially same dimension but heavier) and it really isn't a good choice for a frequent carry. IMHO you should really consider the p-07 it's a much more concealable choice.

Yeah now that I'm looking that's probably the one I'm set on.

lol the sticker price means nothing poorfag
worldofwatches.com/mens-fireman-stainless-steel-silver-tone-dial-nm2110c-2t-sj-sl-ball-nm2110c2tsjsl
jomashop.com/ball-watch-nm2110c-2t-sj-sl.html
and if you actually did pay $3000 for a $150 watch why the fuck are you bragging about being a complete moneymoron?

>can buy a Ball for one grand
>or buy an M9A3 for the same price

Being a watchfag and gunfag is suffering.

Here we go, posted it on wsg:
I urge /hg/ to watch it. And laugh. Or cry. Or rage. Pic related is the guy.

That's alright my dude, screw them.

$380 Beretta PX4 or $390 S&W M&P M2.0 or $330 Magnum Research MR9 (Walther P99), all GREAT guns at GREAT prices.

Nigger do you like having wrists?

Sure why not?

>clipper and pen through triggers triggering
>inb4ing own post
You're cruising for a bruising buddy boi.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

Is there anything on that big slab of metal on top of the barrel of matebas? Like a gas system or whatever.
Or is it just there for the front sight and to make them look cooler?
I tried looking for blueprints and stuff but couldn't find anything

Attached: photo22large.jpg (3573x2430, 1.28M)

The vented rib above the barrel? Well the cylinder is upside down so without some kind of raised platform the sights couldn't clear the cylinder. The venting is probably to reduce weight.

Not an expert by any stretch but I thought Unicas were just recoil operated.

>tfw want to be a hobbiest machinist
I want to make cool guns but I also want to shooting and buying guns

Attached: api.png (1800x1444, 3.58M)

Literally beeen out for a year.

consumer RTCs actually drift more than most precision automatics. it's just network corrected periodically.

you can test your computer/phone drift at time.is/

Try out the trigger before you buy it. Their omega trigger is garbage and the reset is an abomination. But to each his own, just telling you to try it out and probably get a cz75 instead.

That grip looks comfy

I don't pay for sex kthxbi

Give me one reason I shouldn't buy one.

Try finding a holster for it.

They make one now.

Attached: 42943811_10155795081620963_8275801117762256896_n.jpg (640x480, 39K)

>they make one
>one
What if it's shit? Whatever you obviously really want that ugly hunk of shit so just buy it.

>hundred dollar
>not "hunnit dolla"

Are they even trying to market?

Silencerco even lists several on their website. What now? Is your dumb ass going to bitch about how they don't make an IWB holster for a large novelty handgun?

Attached: 0000491_iberia-accessories-optic-mount.jpg (768x830, 187K)

>Large novelty handgun
Really my biggest issue

So I really, really, really want a smaller, single stack 9mm service handgun, with a manual safety, that is exactly like the Walther CCP M2 in every way, but without the terrible reliability problems. Any ideas? I am in love with this terrible Umarex- built abortion but want something actually good.

Attached: 20181003_124210.jpg (2576x1932, 1.56M)

Shield

I'm hoping for something with a little longer grip. That is a contender though. How well do they hold up with high round counts?

It is doable to pocket carry a Glock 43?
I really would rather have a pocket 9 than 380

I want a 9mm and a .40, I already own a .45 but im trying to build a collection

would it be smarter to have a glock 22 and 19, or a 23 and 17?

any other .40s I should look at?

Attached: glock 17.jpg (2304x1536, 581K)

good good, but cheap. Once you fire a genuine sig you'll feel like you got a toy, but for a cheap gun from a good company its one of the best

who else /magrestricted/ here? I want so many more guns but Im not going to pay premium price for a neutered firearm or overpriced "hi cap" mags. Im sticking to single stacks and revolvers until I move out of this shithole

Attached: 1481527536338.jpg (300x300, 25K)

>40
USP
Sounds like the problem is you.

They're horrendously ugly, not any quieter than a regular silencer (though obviously much shorter), costs a kilobuck with stamp and you'll wait a year to get it. The trigger is middlin', it's about like the single action on an HK USP or CZ75 decocker.

tl;dr Get it.

Shield has two grip lengths with different clip sizes. The 8 round is more than enough for all three fingers but you could put an extendo on the flush clip for finger purchase too, pic related.

How high a round count do you expect to accrue? It's not a USP but it's not made of zinc either.

Of course. I pocket carry pic related with the extendo, it's bigger than a G43. (No I don't have clown pants, rude, stop thinking about my pants)

Listen my guy I don't want to steer your life or tell you your choices or opinions are wrong but what the hecc? Fotays and Glocks? It's like dudebros who settle for obese 3/10s becuse they don't want to put in the effort for a decent 6/10 fuck.

Okay. Sorry. If you want a .40, you want something that can absorb recoil and make it more fun to shoot longer (inb4 recoil warriors who dual wield .45-70 autoloaders while brushing their teeth). A rotating barrel or special recoil mechanism helps with that. Ergo, a used HK USP .40 ($400 or less still, I have links), a used Beretta 8040 (there's one $325 on armslist rn but usually ~$400), a Stoeger Cougar (8040 clone, low $300s), or a new Beretta PX4 (under $400) will be great shooters.

If you want a nice soft shooting pleasant to use doublestack full size 9mm there are better options than Glock. I won't comment any further on Glock.

I hate Glock, they're no--

FRIG. Okay, no further.

Attached: shiel.jpg (1400x933, 361K)

Holy shit, 9mm-only freaks are bad, but you two are so much worse.

They're actually great guns, good trigger, mechanically accurate, very reliable. Mags are kind of expensive and holsters aren't as common but if you can find good kydex ones for $60~ like everything else.

Apex trigger, stendo mags if you feel like it.