Plate carrier for infantry?

Are plate carriers like the Crye JPC too "HSLD" focused for normal infantry use? Are there any plate carriers other than the issued ones, that aren't as bulky?

Attached: 1425793784204.jpg (2100x1400, 427K)

>Are plate carriers like the Crye JPC too "HSLD" focused for normal infantry use?
no because if you use your brain you realize that the rifle plate inside the high speed plate carrier is the same as the plate in a shitty bulky plate carrier

Don't listen to this guy.
Your carrier is just as important as the plate inside. There are different styles of carriers for different mission sets and load outs. A JPC or a minimal plate carrier is well suited for short DA type missions while a n AVS is good for multi day type stuff. Also look at what equipment you'll need to place on it (radio, mags, frags, etc). I wore am AVS for a two week foot clearance operation and loved it. Wearing the thing for an entire night then into the day gave me no issues with the harness keeping it rigid and formed without all the extra stuff I have mounted on it digging into my body. Lightweight stuff is good for in and out stuff but for a lot of the Afghan type stuff going on then I prefer something with more structure.

Most infantry casualties are traditionally caused by blast, shrapnel, fragmentation etc, not direct bullet wounds. This is in stark contrast for secret squirrel stuff where bullets *are* the primary concern.

IOTVs have kevlar inserts that not only cover more area than plates, but are more resistant to shrapnel as well. Once a plate cracks, it's done against shrapnel, whereas the kevlar insert can maintain protection against multiple shrapnel.

I fucking hate the IOTV but if I were fighting a near-peer adversary with full complements of mortars, artillery, CAS etc... I would pick IOTV or other armor with inserts over a plate carrier any day.

Fort Defender II
I really like the Russian design philosophy on this armor. It seems slim and I hear from people who've actually used them that their very maneuverable and form well. Particularly with the two plate system that overlaps a plate on top of another for mobility and more coverage while keeping it pretty slim. I also like how Ruskies still use load bearing equipment.
>better weight distribution
>More gear like buttpacks and hip pouches for better sustainment
Overall pretty nice and really different from the normal NATO standard shit.

Attached: fortdefender_body_armor.jpg (605x772, 61K)

What’s that type of chest rig called? I needs me one

i mean you're comparing 2 relatively high speed carriers to each other. If it came down to JPC or SPCS I would take the JPC pretty much no matter what
>calling a D2 slim
nigga they're huge and fat

Attached: IMG_5018.jpg (1296x864, 889K)

>nigga they're huge and fat
For hiding under a T-shirt yeah. For wearing over a uniform and have LBE on top of it, no. It's comfy as shit nigga.

it looks like a russian Smersh. basic ruskie load bearing gear. surplus stores probably have someebay for sure

It's a partisan harness with the pouches attached unconventionally.

I know at least 4-5 people who've owned D2s and when they're not deep in the FSB larp kool-aid they will all admit a western style plate carrier is superior. Why do you think they're issuing Gladiators instead of D2s? Also plenty of FSB guys are buying their own western style plate carriers instead of wearing a D2.

Yeah as others have said you may require greater realestate for the various stupid and superflous items that US infantry tend to carry.
This is a typical rig for Aus Inf, rest of the rand items are carried in a small 24hr bag carried on the back if required.

Attached: 37709956_211436646168273_7177865068674023424_n.jpg (480x480, 56K)

Basically all this. Plate carriers are for when you're choppering to a target and kicking down a door, and your biggest concern is the guy behind it with an AK. For general infantry tasks that involve less room clearing and more IEDs and RPGs fired from the other side of a field, minimalist shit is woefully inadequate. Its important to remember that people who wear PCs generally dont fight, they skirmish. Hence why whenever they do get in a standing fight, they're on the phone for a QRF wearing full ballistic carriers right away.

What helmet is that?

OPS Core FAST helmet by the look of it.

The rail doesn't look like an Ops Core

With the advent of modern body armour starting from flak vests primary killer has been limb wounds from fragmentation bleeding you out, which is why modern combat first aid is about strapping a CAT on as fast as you can and then worrying about the rest

>starting from flak vests primary killer has been limb wounds from fragmentation bleeding you out...
...Meaning that the vests are doing their job well, so why diminish the protection they offer to just rifle plates front and back?

Team Wendy

Yeah, don't listen to that guy.
If you are going on a picnic or something, just a regular plate carrier will do. But if you are going to the range or something, and will be seen by other people (not at home posing in front of the mirror) you will want the best, most expensive, hsld carrier you can afford.

Now, if you butthole buddy is coming over to play Nintendo, you will need a more casual carrier, with a loadout for stuff you will need to have at hand to be used at a moments notice.
Vaseline, condoms, camera, meth of course your AID/s medicine.

Jesus fucking christ is this a regular?
you have no budget ceiling or what ?

they barely have any regulars so they can afford to buy them gucci gear

They only have the equivalent of like 1 US infantry division.

About ~3500 Infantry
Night fighting equipment:
AN/PVS-31
AN/PEQ-16B
Optic:
Elcan Specter DR 1-4x
Some dudes also get eotech magnifier and holographic combos.

whats their contigency plan if china or indonesia comes knocking north ?

Call up their reserves and try to hold out until the US can save them. I can't imagine how many Chinks it would take to conquer a major Aussie city though. Or how they would even tell friend from foe once they got there.

jesus christ i'm about to faint
meanwhile my army is probably gonne keep the same fatigues for the next 20 years

>What helmet is that?
Nintendo Fast Mover. Needs some imaginary patches though. Why not whip some up on MS Paint and start a new thread?

If youre a boot 0311, I would suggest you save your money and not buy stuff your squad leader wont let you wear.

A better option for getting your carrier more comfortable is moving your heavy/bulky items to the beltline.

The "Vietnam style" worked well for me in the past; 4x mag pouches on the hips (total of 8 mags), 2x GP pouches for NVGs/GPS/dip behind those, and IFAK/dump pouch in the rear.

This kept the weight off the shoulders and on your hips. Try to keep your plate carrier slick except for a secondary IFAK/radios.

> a plate cracks, it's done

this meme needs to die. Frag protection is good and has its place, but let's not pretend that in-conjunction systems are anything but crappy historical inertia.

*1 Regiment - The Royal Australian Regiment

What did he mean by this?

Yeah but 7 battalions of infantry. Tack on a couple support battalions, a couple of battalions of mech/cav scouts and an air wing and that's pretty much a US Infantry division.

>how they would even tell friend from foe once they got there
Ayyyyyyy.

Attached: 1533991916391.jpg (850x499, 108K)

Cav Scouts no longer exist rest in pieces sweet prince :'(

Woah haha gottem