Innawoods thread

What does Jow Forums carry innawoods?

Attached: P1040601.jpg (2560x1920, 1.38M)

Uh oh, am I the only one who goes outside?

Attached: P1040611.jpg (2560x1920, 1.55M)

Depends on where I am and what I'm doing.

>Fishing or mowing my property (several acres)
Taurus Judge, original stainless model, with my own custom .410 loads: Three pellets of 000 over #12 shot. More #12 in the spaces between the buck. Great for snakes, rats, etc, and passable for bigger critters, at least at short range.

>Hunting/whatever
Either a Glock 20 or a Ruger Super Redhawk 454 Casull.

Gen 4 Glock 20

>Ruger Super Redhawk 454 Casull

Wouldn't the recoil make follow up shots hard?

Certainly harder than the Glock 20, that's for sure. But I've been shooting that Ruger for nearly 20 years. I'm pretty good with it.

I normally carry the Glock, especially if the foliage where I'm going will be dense. If I'm in a more open area where I'm not concerned about being surprised at close quarters I might bring the Ruger.

My Victory model.

Attached: 20180812_184652-1080x1080.jpg (1080x1080, 444K)

What do you carry in the g20 and redhawk?

I carry my 180 hard cast loads. Pic related.

Attached: P1040619.jpg (2560x1920, 1.53M)

I’ve been meaning to make some 410 rocksalt shells and test them out, how much powder did you use for your customs user?

Attached: 664431B7-C245-45FC-AD26-82DD31735FEA.jpg (1200x1600, 373K)

G20? The underwood loaded with Lehigh "Extreme Hunters".

The Ruger? Either my handloads (300gr keith style bullet, hardcast w/ gas checks) or whatever commercial ammo I happen to have around, which is usually Magtech JSP.

If memory serves I used 14 grains of 2400, though I don't have access to my notebook from where I currently am.

I use 3" hulls then cut them down to the exact length that fits the cylinder using a razor blade. Instead of crimping them I seal in the top 000 ball with a little melted wax. That lets me get a little more room in the hull for more shot.

Oh, and on a sort-of-related note: I picked up a "Raging Judge Magnum", which is rated for .454 casull. Because the gun is rated for so high pressure I've been wondering just how hard I can push some 5-pellet 000 loads since the Casull pressure limit is FAR higher than normal spec for a .410 shotshell.

I would be afraid hod rodding that. I would think the plastic hull fare poorly.

Pic related, usually with 125gr gold dots or 180gr hardcast depending on what im up too. Not a lot of big critters around here, frankly i carry my more urban firearms for the same job pretty frequently as well.

Attached: 686 + pro.jpg (640x480, 55K)

I mostly worry about mountain lions. So 125's seem a little to light. I was thinking about loading up some 140 gn xtps for the purpose. Or maybe I could just keep my 180 cast rounds.

Very ingenious user.
I have a block of wax laying around I might have to break out and make some slugs.
That raging judge Is a monster, I’m sure you could craft up some serious deer slayer loads with that.

There's always brass hulls. And it doesn't really bother me if the plastic hulls don't survive--so long as they don't fail in an unsafe manner. Of course caution and working one's way up is in order.

Maybe you could do cut shells? I don't know how well that would work in a revolver though.

180s would certainly do the trick, frankly sounds like a perfect job for some hot 158gr JHPs to me though. Good balance of penetration and expansion for slightly larger animals. Been thinking about picking some up myself since mountain lions and black bears have been making a slow come back on the other side of my state. Big predators like that tend to wander pretty far, one cat managed to make it only a county over from me before wandering out into traffic.

I was leaning towards 140 for more velocity. As cougars seem small enough that I wouldn't need THAT much penetration. I also forgot to mention the homeless meth head degenerates that like to "camp" just off the road I get picked up on. I want to find a compromise between two and four-legged shit heads.

Oh, I've fired plenty of cut shells. They work great in the Judge...better than in a traditional shotgun, really. They grab the rifling and stabilize very well. And since the judge is a revolver you can load up all the chambers with cutshells, unlike having to worry about them coming apart in a traditional tubular magazine.

I can't speak to mountain lions as I've never shot one, but I have shot plenty of feral cats. They are "thin skinned" animals, but that skin is surprisingly elastic. The wounds seal up nearly instantly and there is very little blood loss, so you can't depend on "bleeding out" to get a quick and clean kill. You certainly want something that will expand or otherwise create a lot of tissue damage so you aren't relying on blood loss for the kill. Either a mid-weight hollow point, or something like the Lehigh Extreme series (Penetrator, Hunter, or Defender) would be a great option. If I was worried about bears and cougars I'd go with the extreme penetrators.

wallet with 10 quid in cash minimum
in England you are always no more then 30 minutes away from pub
Scotland is a bit better, there you can even get lost and supposedly not find one in time for tea

Attached: 1526007252480.png (956x574, 257K)

>The wounds seal up nearly instantly and there is very little blood loss, so you can't depend on "bleeding out" to get a quick and clean kill.
my man, do yourself a favor and research anatomy and physiology in general before saying that kind of crackpot stuff.

Doesn't that suck?
I like the idea that I can go into the wilderness for days, camp here and there, enjoy nature, and be far away from the nearest human.

I don't claim to be an expert in anatomy.
But I can certainly tell you what I've observed with my own experience.

Clearly internal bleeding can occur and can be lethal, but there is obviously something different between a cat's physiology and that of other similar sized animals.

What has your experience shown? Or are you just talking out your ass?

Namely that they call it a chest cavity for a reason, the holes on the outside closing up isn't going to change how quickly they bleed to death, just how much of it gets on the ground. The statement "wounds seal up nearly instantly and there is very little blood loss, so you can't depend on "bleeding out" is hilariously ridiculous. This is why surgeons don't treat penetrating wounds to the chest by sewing them closed.
>Or are you just talking out your ass?\
Rich coming from the guy standing atop mount dunning kruger. Frankly im not really inclined to give your statement about cats self sealing nature much credence either without any kind of proof considering how patently ridiculous your other claim is.

12 gauge model 12 and a pipe.

typically a glock gen IV model 40 or a GP100 in stainless

I patrol my property with an AK-74 and a Makarov. 5.45 should deal with a coyote and the Mak is purely for LARP purposes.
>t. Ohiofriend

most people in this country cant even go that far so they are quite content
I don't really like it but I can always go to Poland visit some frens and hike for days sometimes not seeing another human
Even got a retirement property in Poland now, going to send my parents there
South east is just wilderness and cheap
Plus you can hunt there and have all sorts of guns
Best wild boar sausage I ever had came from Poland, shot by a bloke I know on hunting trip
We know this butcher there that just makes magic, he must be stuffing it with cocaine its so good

Attached: 566eba2ed85f9_o,size,1068x623,q,71,h,b23217[1].jpg (1068x623, 66K)

Muh Mosin. Innawoods is for milsurp.

Attached: 70F316B4-9B6F-45BC-B127-A440D9BD496B.jpg (3264x2448, 3.83M)

Like I said, obviosly internal bleeding can occur and it can be lethal, but that's irrelevant when you're trying to make a clean hunting kill or save yourself in the event of an attack.

Use your brain a little bit: if the blood pressure drops enough then loss of conciousness soon follows. Do you think that will happen faster or slower for an internal wound which is covered up by the skin, or one that has a massive wound whereby the blood exits circulatory system at a far greater rate?

>>Rich coming from the guy standing atop mount dunning kruger.
Like I said, I don't claim to be an expert in anatomy, but it sure seems like you're doing your best to dodge the question and you have no experience with this whatsoever.

Now prehaps my reasoning is flawed, and you're welcome to correct it if you know the real reason behind it. But right now it sounds like you're some kind of virgin trying to discuss sex.

i also carry a G20. i live in MT and spend a lot of time in down in grand teton as well. I have lehigh extreme penetrators and buff bore 220gr hard cast for outdoors use.

>Namely that they call it a chest cavity for a reason
who said the shot necessarily hit the chest?

>the holes on the outside closing up isn't going to change how quickly they bleed to death,
it's not? sounds ridiculous. a wound thats closed over with elastic skin is still going to bleed but clearly not at the same rate as one which has a big gaping external wound

1851 Navy in .36 cal I’m waiting to convert it to .38 LC cartridge.

>Do you think that will happen faster or slower for an internal wound which is covered up by the skin, or one that has a massive wound whereby the blood exits circulatory system at a far greater rate?
This depends on the location of the wound, in the abdominal or chest cavities it won't matter as there's sufficient space that death will occur before the cavity is so full as to equalize the pressure from any sort of meaningful trauma. With bleeds in the musculature this is much more of a factor. The wound is the only place for the blood to go to so effectively closing off the outside of the wound will quickly reduce bleeding.
>you have no experience with this whatsoever.
>right now it sounds like you're some kind of virgin trying to discuss sex.
Ex. nursing student with more than a couple years worth of human college level A&P experience, lots of animal dissections, and some other odds and ends. On the other hand you're somebody who "totally shot a cat" this one time and thinks it means he understands how internal bleeding works now.
>who said the shot necessarily hit the chest?
Abdomen would work the same way. If you're trying to quickly kill a cougar and are shooting it in the extremities then you have bigger problems than the common house cats apparently self sealing nature.
>a wound thats closed over with elastic skin is still going to bleed but clearly not at the same rate as one which has a big gaping external wound
It isn't though. If you hit an important structure like a blood bearing organ or artery in either major body cavity closing the skin does nothing to slow or stop that bleeding as it's happening deep inside the body in an area with lots of squishy organs and plenty of space to fill up with blood. Major internal trauma like a ruptured aorta can cause death in literally seconds without any external wound, there's plenty of volume and wiggle room to do the trick.

>GP100
mah nigga

The woods around my house are pretty much marshlands full of thorn bushes and other dense brush. But when walking in my back yard I keep my tree-fiddy-sebben on me to keep the wild dogs at bay

Attached: 1526339845813.jpg (3218x1629, 1.1M)

OPAP-DF

Overkill is underrated, especially when fighting bears, wolves, and tweakers