10/22

Hey, about to own one of these for the first time. Disregard the strange looking monster in pic related. I just want to give it some nicer parts but not to that extent. So what is the most important thing you need to replace on a stock ruger 10/22?

Btw ive never replaced stock anything on a gun. But the 10/22 is cheap and felt a little dingy when i held it...

Attached: Screenshot_20181006-010239.png (2048x1122, 2.12M)

BX-25s
Stay the FUCK away from Butler Creeks

That's because it is a cheap and dingy gun. It's an aluminum straight blowback .22 carbine.

Go for a better trigger, sights of your choice, and maybe sling swivels.

A low power scope and sling oughta do you just fine.
If you're looking to make it less cheap feeling you can always get a stainless steel barrel and buy some nice wood for it too.

What's wrong with butler creek?

Steel lips aren't too bad, they don't jam any more than my BX-25s

Attached: 7Vwn9w4h.jpg (1024x768, 101K)

Nice doggu

Attached: 22_SBR.jpg (800x598, 70K)

Attached: GS005.jpg (681x202, 164K)

Attached: ruger_hk01.jpg (760x600, 95K)

Attached: sbr_1022.jpg (1023x764, 169K)

I dream in SBR

Attached: sbr-digi.jpg (881x533, 61K)

Buy a 90s or early 2000s one, put a ruger bx trigger in it, and change the stock. Gun is now perfect for under 400.

Had a stock like this (for a rifle, not SBR). Would not recommend. Wobbly AF and uncomfortable to boot.

Attached: IMG_2746.jpg (1000x364, 51K)

I've always heard good things about tech sights. I plan on buying some when I buy all the other shit I don't need.

Get yourself some Tech Sights and a sling and learn to shoot properly
Otherwise, look up the auto bolt release mod and do that

I'd like to do a gucci 10/22 one of these days

Attached: IMG_20180814_150642.jpg (2048x936, 333K)

As others have said, a Ruger BX Trigger is the easiest mod and will drop trigger pull from the factory 7 lbs down to 2.5 lbs. The factory heavy trigger pull is the enemy of accuracy and trying to sand down the sear yourself is easy to fuck up. Installation is just popping out two pins, swapping trigger assemblies and reinstalling the pins.

Next mod that's easy and free if you have a Dremel is the auto bolt release. Just grind out the "spike" into a nice radiused curve (guides for doing this are online). Now you can just pull the bolt back to release it instead of fiddling with the catch.

After that, I'd look into a Volquartsen exact edge extractor. The factory one does fine initially but seems to wear out and cause problems after several thousand rounds. The Volquartsen unit is made from harder steel.

If you plan to modify further than that, I'd suggest starting with an aftermarket gun to begin with since you're likely to throw away everything except the factory receiver.

barrel
stock
trigger
optics

there is almost no limit on the mods available

I love mine

Right i think ill go with replacing the stock first because holy hell that does not feel like wood

Fuck you guys have awful taste in 10/22.

Get a Boyds laminate