Are these any good for cheap knifes? or are there better cheap alternatives?

are these any good for cheap knifes? or are there better cheap alternatives?

Attached: O123080.jpg (1463x1600, 167K)

best cheap folder you can engrave. get the high carbon blade.

this. they're great. there's a lot of more expensive folders out there that aren't that high in quality.

does anyone know a good place where I could buy knifes like these in Australia?

Can you buy knives online?

The Crown doens't want you having anything sharp.

Sanrenmu 7010 is a good alternative for cheap

ebay? no idea about australia, but in europe they're all over it.

They are very common here in France and highly appreciated by everybody, by normies as well as by Jow Forums-minded people. You buy few of them, dispatch them everywhere in your house where you could need a knife plus keep one in your pocket. And you're good to go for the next 30 years if not more.
They are well made, very durable, and can be used for a bit everything. And you won't fear to break one, which will enable you to do much more things than you'd do with a more costy knife.
Just remember to put a very thin layer of oil on the blade if you choose one the carbone version, you could get a thin layer of rust if it is in contact with humidity - but the same goes for any other carbon blade.

i have a carbon one and even use it to cut fruit, and wash it off with water afterwards. without any oil involved, ever. never had any problems

Aye Bruce, Get a loife bin that knoife.

Stainless or carbon?

carbon is quite sharp don't know about inox tho

They're great folders. If you want a cheap fixed blade, Mora is a great choice.

They're fine.
If you are looking for something more modern, for the same price there are great offerings from Sanremnu, Ganzo and Elan, the three great chinese knife companies.

I own one, great knife. If you're going to carry it get the no 6 cause it's very concealable but big enough to still fit in the hand. Also, get the stainless. Seriously. The carbon steel is cool, but requires mainteNance and is more prone to rusting. The stainless steel can be treated and neglected like a whore no problem. And there's no actual practical benefits of the high carbon blade over the stainless. If youre willing to take a bit more care of the blade though then high carbon is fine

Good for hiking because they're extremely light.

This has been my experience as well, the carbon blade isn't particularly prone to rust as long as you keep it clean and dry.

The one issue I've noticed is that because of its wood construction the blade's pivot can get really tight depending on humidity.

Mine got rusty as fuck very fast. Replaced it with another knife with a stainless blade

There is no practical reason to get the carbon blade. It's prone to rusting and other issues. The only advantage of a carbon blade is it can get a wee bit sharper but the stainless steel can already get really fucking sharp anyways, more than sharp enough for any real world use.

Change my mind

>My Carbon Opinel rusted
Not the knife’s fault

patina is sex
fite me

oy m8, whatcha go' tha' knoife fawh? Plannin' a muh-duh?

>the blade's pivot can get really tight depending on humidity
Quite true, got to keep it oiled well.

Actually it is. He expected his knife to be functional and in good condition without babying it, those of us who actualy use equipment dont want shit that you have to baby. For outdoor use in humid environments or anything that has moisture (aka a lot of things) you could potentially rust your blade. The high carbon requires a thin layer of oil on it to keep it from rusting, if you go camping with the high carbon blade in a rust friendly climate without oiling the blade you're gonna have a bad time.

That doesn't make sense to me. The stainless can handle everything you throw at it no problem. You're taking a huge hit to maintenance and care required just for an inconsequential amount of extra potential sharpness.

This is the real reason people get high carbon purely for aesthetics. No practical advantages over stainless.

I was pissed when the motor seized in my car. It’s like those faggits at Ford wanted me to keep fucking around with putting oil in it.
Fuck Ford. They are retarded.

these are liner locking and about the same price of an opinel

Attached: NOMAD-Knife-Main.jpg (1080x1080, 1.39M)

for cheap folders, I rotate my opinel 7 and ontario rat

Thanks a lot user.....
I needed more knives like I need a hole in the head

Attached: FDBBA5EF-EB94-4672-B8CD-BDB62CA57CE8.jpg (1125x1935, 438K)

Yeah I know it's my fault but it's pretty impractical either way. Lesson learned, I'm never buying a carbon steel blade ever again

Won't change your mind, but the advantage of carbon is that it's easier to sharpen. I've got two n°8 in both steel, and the carbon is clearly easier to sharpen.
As for the disadvantages of carbon, I've never had any of my knives rust. Just dry it if it gets wet and rinse it with water before drying it if you are cutting fruits. I don't see what the "other issues" could possibly be.

Hell yes. I have Carbon/Beech no8 and it's great
on the other side they rust really quickly and there is no Carbon/Olive version