XDM 10mm

>be Sprongfeld
>want to prove your new 10mm is super reliable and durable
>brag about putting 10k Hydra-Shoks through one
>mfw 10mm Hydra-Shoks are 180gr at 1030fps, identical to .40 S&W

So what's the deal? Are these things even rated for real 10mm? Or are they not any more beefy than a normal XDM and will fall apart if you aren't shooting weakshit ammo? Of all the marketing and paid reviews I've seen for the XDM 10mm nobody has tested or even mentioned full power ammo.

Attached: intro-pistols-660x523.png (660x523, 385K)

You're expecting far too much from Springfield. They don't deserve that much credit.

>10mm Hydra-Shoks are 180gr at 1030fps, identical to .40 S&W
Sad what's been done to 10mm. I have a chrono and a 40 and with my cheap target ammo is 180 grains within 60fps of that

Glocks aren't rated to work with "full power," aka high pressure 10mm ammo. They will malfunction.

Mine does fine with buffalo bore and Underwood

Attached: 0302181556.jpg (2560x1280, 1.02M)

I got a 3 10mm pistols. A EAA Witness and a Glock 29 and a Glock 40. Will probably get the xDM just because I'm a 10mm fan boy. Still hoping Glocks 10mm line gets the Gen 5 treatment if only for the the fact I hate the finger groves glock has on gen 4s

Fucking wrong.
I shot fifty rounds of underwood 155 xto last month. Worked fine.

Gen 2 was the best gen

That's bullshit. I feed my G29 nothing but full power ammo. Doubletap, Buffalo Bore, Underwood etc. all run great.

Then again the 10mm Glocks are beefier than even their .45 models. The 10mm XDM appears to be the same size as the 9mm/.40.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!! You shills aren't even trying anymore.

Attached: DSCF0089.jpg (1600x1200, 630K)

45 plus p in her is good to go

Attached: 0212182237.jpg (2560x1280, 957K)

Terrible lighting. Can't see shit.

XDM might be the ugliest pistol on the market, actually makes the glock look semi decent.

From Springfield "The XD(M) pistols are designed to handle any factory ammunition that complies with SAAMI/CIP specs. If you are uncertain check with the manufacturer of the ammunition in question."

How often do you put hardcast through it. Show pics of the barrel.

>10mm XDM
Holy Shit.

Was saving for an SKS, but fuck it I'll get the XDm 1st.

Attached: Big-Iron.jpg (3492x2619, 1.49M)

>Not buying a superior steel pistol designed from the ground up to handle beefcake cartridges.
Fucking sad.

Attached: 22A72628-A2C6-4BFE-B4BE-368BC5FAC6A9.jpg (640x535, 89K)

Turn up your brightness lol

Attached: 1010181751.jpg (2560x1280, 1.27M)

Why does this trigger you so much? I've owned three different Glock 20's over the years. They all choked on hot ammo.

Thing is, that isn't terrible. 10mm is a modern day meme and honestly .40 is a better option for an EDC gun.

Fact is, most appropriate 10mm loads for carry will function identically to .40 S&W, but there are a shit ton more options for carry in 40 than in 10mm. And any HOT 10mm load will sail right through most people and overpen because they are hunting loads.

Carry 10mm if you're worried about grizzlies, not people.

Lol you must have owned a piece of shit, I am shooting ammo with 800+ ft lbs of energy at the muzzle and it works fine.
>this much bullshit
10mm loads under 160 grains tend to penetrate less than 1 foot into ballistic gel
.40 is the same bullet loaded slower- meaning less expansion and more penetration.

Attached: Glock 20 hunting load.jpg (2048x1152, 195K)

Get the surp idiot. XDs aren’t going anywhere.

>XDM might be the ugliest pistol on the market

Have you seen the Ruger American?

Neither are as bad as the Glock brand brick.

>implying Tanfoglio 10mms aren't known to crack with a steady diet of full power ammo

I'll take a minimalist pistol with a square block slide over ANGLEZ EVRYWHERE any day

it really is criminal, with hot loads like liberty civil defense you can get 900+ ft lbs of energy, along with armor piericing abillity and an effective range of over 100 yards.

>Implying that wasn't fixed years ago

Federal 10mm is the absolute worst in this regard, their 10mm defensive ammo is about 424 ft lbs of energy, where Underwood is about 750 from a 4.6"

>I am shooting ammo with 800+ ft lbs of energy at the muzzle and it works fine.
Sure, bro. I see those 20 round boxes that you're "shooting." Why do I think that the other idiots in this thread are similarly "shooting" the same kind of ammo?

you realize hydrashocks come in tons of different weights and speeds right?

>not having the superior, best, and above all else, king of 10mm pistols

Attached: my 1006.jpg (5344x3006, 3.82M)

sorry goys 10mm is a meme
most everything mainstream ammo is watered down to 40 specs
very few full power manufacturers charge a nice premium
firing a full charge 10mm out of a auto has harsher recoil than any wheel gat with similar or superior velocity and wound vectors

tl;dr
auto pistols have a limit and the 10mm pushes it beyond its threshold

>firing a full charge 10mm out of a auto has harsher recoil than any wheel gat with similar or superior velocity and wound vectors
congrats you know nothing.

>implying it was

yeah this is probably one of the more stupid posts of the day...

Federal only makes the one 10mm Hydra-Shok load.

>not 1026

So close>firing a full charge 10mm out of a auto has harsher recoil than any wheel gat

This is literally the opposite of how physics works

You seem like the kind of guy that has really strong opinions about the Beretta APX.

XD's are hideous. It's nice that somebody tried to release a new poly 10mm but those things are gross. I'd buy the hell out of a 10mm American.

>>not 1026
Fuck the 1026, adjustable sights and safety/decocker is superior

Turn out the lights, lol

>Implying it wasn't

load you own 10mm and get 1350fps if not more if you willing to push it

You're a liar obviously

I have a S&W 1006 and if I load some really hot Doubletap in it it expands to much and sticks in the chamber. Really chaps my ass.

Mine looks like this except less fucked up and way more shiny.

Attached: 3c7f4d00e568d5aa3e7b6a29ed24f1b4.jpg (3180x2492, 140K)

10mm M9 when?

Attached: d0106b195e9bad544150d7f4acb1fbd5.jpg (1080x1350, 427K)

You really wanna make that grip any bigger? You're gonna need Michael Jordan hands to grip that bad boy.

Why would the grip need to be made bigger when it's already oversized for 9mm? Wouldn't take much re-engineering to accommodate 10mm when they already have the real estate available.

They wouldn't call it an M9 if it was chambered in 10mm

They'd call it the M10

fuck off manlet hands

I think you meant the other guy who said you need Jordan hands you dumb fuck.

>900+ftlbs
>10mm
Retard detected.

Regardless of what you think about Glock, they make the best 10mm. A glock 20 SF is the ideal 10mm, unironically.

Liberty civil defense out of a PCC could probably do it. It gets ~700 ftlbs out of a glock 20.

Oddly enough Rowland himself really likes the XD line for .460 conversions

That was literally a single batch of slides

Hate to tell you this, but premium ammo is premium ammo regardless of caliber and I personally don't give a shit how fast my cheap plinking ammo is

About 10 years ago when a guy in beretta forums built one, that now has thousands of rounds through it. Be contacted Ruger and Taurus about production but neither company seemed to give a shit which is no surprise.

Apparently the dimensional alterations were very minor but there was no room for error. Easy shit for the factory to do

FNX/FNS-10 Tac When?

Attached: 9-78449_1.jpg (575x575, 28K)

limp wristing

They probably didnt want to pay him royalties since he technically owned the alterations/It was his idea in the first place.

The M9 is a great gun...in 9mm. Considering how poor of a reputation the 96(.40) has for durability I don't know why in the fuck anyone would want one in 10mm. If any DA/SA gun should be available in 10mm it is the USP.

Attached: 1526929097784.gif (350x270, 164K)

>less expansion and more penetration
i know there are some exceptions but usually the same bullet going faster penetrates much deeper and barely expands more, unless the slower one completely fails to expand

>Federal 10mm is the absolute worst

10mm
PriviParvi 180gr 990 fps - 392 ft/lb
Federal 180gr 1030 fps - 424 ft/lb
Blazer 200gr 1050 fps - 490 ft/lb
Remington 180gr 1150 fps - 529 ft/lb
PMC 170gr 1200 fps - 544 ft/lb
Hornady XPT 180gr 1180 fps - 557 ft/lb
SIG 180gr 1250 fps - 624 ft/lb
> Norma 170gr 1300 fps - 638 ft/lb
HPR 180gr 1275 fps - 650 ft/lb
Dbl Tap 200gr 1275 fps - 722 ft/lb
Buffalo bore 180gr 1350 fps - 729 ft/lb

That doesn't sound like full powered 10mm, that sounds like 40S&W rounds in a longer casing. Even my snub nose revolver pushes 180 grain bullets to 900-1000fps and that's a very very small barrel and not +p ammo.

>how poor of a reputation the 96(.40) has for durability
That's based on fuddlore and second-hand anecdotes. The 96 is perfectly durable for any realistic round count that an enthusiast may subject it through during their stewardship of the gun.

Attached: 189467546189.jpg (228x221, 7K)

>HURR NOT MUH FULL POWER 10MM

This is why 10mm will forever be a meme cartridge. You faggots fail to see the bigger picture of having a reasonably-priced 10mm option that isn't a Glock.

Hope this pushes Smith to make a 10mm M&P.

Unlike Glawks, XDM barrles are ramp fed and fully supports the round. XDms are more likely to handle hot 10mm rounds better than your blocks. All the xdm hate really boils down to.
>muh betrayal
>muh fuck illinois
>fuck Springfield

Sweet, the 12 people in the 10mm cult will go crazy for it. The rest of us will ignore the retardation. And fuck Springfield.

That's justified, though. Also not being able to manipulate the slide without the grip safety being depressed. Also...I've read reports in the past of trigger bars and other internal parts being soft, though that was awhile ago.

I remember when the XD first hit the market, it had some big names singing its praises and was basically the original "Glock Killer"...I'd have a hard time justifying one with the other options currently on the market though.

Good morning bitchwrist

>expecting a springshit made in croatia to be any good

Probably has more to do with buying american than anything else. Fudds gonna fudd.

>liberty
Fuck off with your garbage fucking shill ammunition to
Jesus Christ

Thats a good thing.

They're working on a 9x25. At least they teased one.

The 96 got that reputation for people doing sketchy .357 sig conversions and cracking the slides.

My hate for it comes down to the horribly uncomfortable grip texture that they refuse to change, extra bullshit safeties, and poor reliability with all the XDs Ive shot(sporadic ftes and faiures to lock back)

But it's not even an American gun, it's imported from Croatia. The only foreign thing about a Glock 21 is that the design is from some Austrian guy, and the damn thing is made here. There's literally no point to an XD

You think a fudd like rowland gives a shit?
>fuck are you takin about boy? It says springfield right there on the side! That's as american as it gets!

Cool I hope it has the same capacity as the 40 version
>16+1 rounds of memes
Also does anyone else like how these look? They look so ugly and I love it especially the longslides.

Attached: 1509142882694.png (217x190, 55K)

I feel as If everyone gets the XDM and XD confused.

>full charge 10mm out of a auto has harsher recoil than any wheel gat with similar or superior velocity

Literally the opposite is true. Like how do you think that's even physically possible? The reciprocation of the slide slows a large portion of the recoil impulse. A revolver has no such mechanism.

not really, they're both made by a shit company that i have no plans to buy from

>But it's not even an American gun, it's imported from Croatia
And that's a good thing

Both piles of shit. Semantics are irrelevant beyond that.

H&K, Walther and CZ 10mm WHEN?

On the 12th of never. Pretty much no one wants this.

Because it's a fucking croatian piece of shit sold by an anti-gun gun company.

The original HS2000 imports were the XD 1.0 but everything else has been manufactured in the US.

and in 10mm, which almost no one wants

Look at the limp wrist bitch boy.

Attached: Screenshot_20180814-123141.png (2048x2039, 3M)

You’re literally wrong, XDs are nicer than any Glock and built tougher too, more machined steel components, beefier parts like super chunky slide rails, extended, chrome-lined feed ramp that’s fully supported, and not to mention one of the only pistols with an ambi mag release from the factory.

I don’t even own one I’ve just shot my buddies enough and done a side-by-side comparison with a G17 and the Glock looks and feels like a Chinese toy were the XD is more like a USP, and even has some features I wish the USP had like the super beefy slide rails.

Attached: 1536194610051.gif (368x349, 2.53M)

The same could be said of .44 and .357 mag, yet new guns still keep coming out in those calibers.

either this or trolling

>The same could be said
Uh, no. The same thing could be said about 357sig however