Why do you guys waste so much $ on optics?

You gun guys waste a fuckton on optics. I have a table top telescope that shows the four Galilean moons of Jupiter, Jupiter's great spot, rings of Saturn, and it cost $250 with a super stable tripod and red dot spotter. I'm careful with it but even with getting banged up its perfectly fine and spotting sight is perfectly zeroed after like 5 years. Why do you guys put so much emphasis on rigidity and durability on intermediate cartridges, and for guns that realistically, are handled and treated like the safe queens they really are. Hurr Durr toss in mud and still holds zero out to your momma's house

Explain yourselves without compensating or sounding like a wannabe spec ops commando

Attached: Telescope-StarBlast4-09798-2.jpg (500x500, 96K)

I will say that a 50mm objective sure let's you get good details of moon craters.

high iq post

Attached: acug.jpg (625x610, 75K)

CAN YOU SEE YOUR NEIGHBORS TITS WITH THAT THING?

Attached: 1538362655718.jpg (1125x1765, 942K)

Do you anons even stargaze or just argue about shooting paper targets

Attached: DAqUqgAXcAAdTn9.jpg (500x500, 30K)

Why do people have money for this kind of shit?

Attached: 1541388731596.png (834x640, 738K)

tube of jb weld, a shit rusty old hammer, and a spare length of mlok pic rail doesn't cost much. the optics are probably obtained at a special operationally operating operator discount

It's really apples to oranges my dude

Amateur astronomy is super boring... Telescopes only exist to spy on the neighbors... If scopes didn't have to have adjustable cross hairs, it would be a fair comparison.
>60x bench rest scopes are like $400 which are more comparable

Begone scopelet
>for real though nice scope, have you taken any photos through it?

Attached: Thicc.jpg (4032x1960, 2.79M)

I'll take your bait.
First answer is weapon optics have to be designed to handle the recoil impulse of the weapon for god-knows-how-many rounds.
Second is most people with those optics would rather have the durability and not need it than need the durability and not have it, kindof like having a gun in the first place

Attached: 6a0.jpg (680x382, 47K)

Go and shake your telescope really hard a bunch, throw it around the room. None of that cheap ass refractor or reflector shit, do it to one of your cassegrain types and come back and tell us how it's doing. Try it with a $1000+ too, because if it costs that much, it must be the bestest.

have been out of the telescope game for a long time. Last I remember Meade was quality, but I am guessing it's all chinese shit now?

>I can get from A to B just fine on the bus. Why do you nuts waste money on cars?

>I can mow my lawn just fine with a push mower. Why do garden nuts waste money on a ride-on mower?

>I can cook just fine with a element stove and a cheap frying pan. Why do you cooking nuts waste money on gas or induction stoves?

Because it straps to the gun and works. What the fuck is the point of a gun that can't aim?

Lol triggered, nazi?

Attached: Screenshot_20181005-013340.jpg (1280x800, 154K)

Why soo salty over how others spend their money?

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 09.57.31.png (227x128, 8K)

I have 11 guns and all I have is a cheap vortex scope and a reflex sight, I don't know what you're talking about.

Is that supposed to be an insult?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-16 11-52-54.png (340x162, 14K)

why your case is made of stars?

Unironically this. Optics are the biggest fleece job