Good guns to build?

whats a gun that i can buy parts for incrementally to build myself?
what are some fun ones to build that dont require many or any special tools?
I already have an AR, i was thinking about building a 10/22 or an AK. whats a good place to shop for receivers?

Attached: 15823299_10157920422370043_8062955987822071248_n-e1483328933606-660x495.jpg (660x495, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mckay-ent.com/uzi-semi-auto-receiver-shell-130.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Polymer80, few tools needed

I was thinking of doing a mac11 only need a welder if you buy a kit

If you drop the money on a complete receiver and a semi-auto bolt assembly an Uzi is a very simple build. It's useless in it's semi-auto form but still very simple to build.

where were you planning on getting the kit from?
the biggest problem im running into is the 10 round mag limit for rifles in this state

how much do you think it would cost to finish building this?
mckay-ent.com/uzi-semi-auto-receiver-shell-130.html
i really have no knowledge of the anatomy of uzis

Ar15s is the only one thats even remotly cost effective to do. Ak you break even after 3 or 4. Glock haha you can get a used glock for less than a new slide and barrel.

i have a glock and an AR already. i dont care so much about the total cost as long as i can spread it out. would happily put 800 into an ak that i could buy for 700 if it meant i didnt have to spend it all at once.

You can probably go cheaper than that, google around for parts kits.

You quite literally will need a welder, maybe a press, and probably 5-600 in parts.

Tools is 2-300, parts, as I said, 5-6, but if you shop around you can probably get to the 400 range or a bit less.

unfortunately theres a 15 round limit for handgun mags in my state now, will only be able to kill 15 innocent bystanders in a driveby

$250 for receiver
$250 for semi-auto bolt assembly
$175 for kit
$100 for barrel

About $800. They are very easy to put together like this. I built mine using McKay stuff and a barrel from RTG Parts. Had to make 3 welds - 1 in the trigger pack to keep the selector switch from moving to FA, one on the sling swivel (optional), and one weld to keep the stock from folding out to make it a pistol build from a virgin receiver. Plan on SBR'ing and cutting the stock welds one day. If you choose to put a 16" barrel on the virgin build and make a carbine you can leave the folding stock unmolested.

oof, Hard.

That might be a real challenge to find. Might even have to get 30 rounders from out of state (don't worry, they're cheap and there are a lot of post ban 30 rounders floating around) and cut them down to re-weld.

Maryland?

> Magazine well exploded
How the fuck does that happen, even with an overcharge? Out of battery explosion?

dunno. plastic lower maybe? The whole lower if fucking detonated

Out of battery or squib + polymer lower

It's a polymer lower, can confirm, I have that same lower even. Also looks like the BCG fracture due to the bolt getting blown back like that (possible failed lugs?) and I bet the banana peeling put both a lot of mechanical pressure on the lower from the expanding metal, but also served to direct a lot of those forces out of the magwell. See how the Pmag is in tiny fucking pieces and the ejection port cover is totally bowed out? Me thinks the bolt was stuck blown apart halfway retracted and it shot a LOT of high pressure hot gas down the magwell and out the ejection port, and that plus the metal banana peel leftovers of the BCG blew it all apart. The damage to the rear FCG pocket is believably from the bolt fucking up as well, but might have been contributed to by fractures in the polymer from hot gas in the magwell.

out of battery? is that why its called the charging handle?

>Glock haha you can get a used glock for less than a new slide and barrel.
False

If you have a Glock and ar-15 build the 10/22. It's not bad in price, and the tools is not anything special.. just order a d put it together.. I'd recommend the Brownells 10/22 receiver and a nice green mountain barrel the Ruger bx trigger kit and a nice stock.

You can.. used Glocks are cheap. Barrels and slides cost about the same

Vermont?

An assembled slide is usually 300+ dollars on the egay

Polymer 80 glock
FAL pattern rifle
AKs are actually really difficult to build correctly if you don't have a drill press, river press, and various blocks and headspacing stuff, unless you buy one with a pre-assembled barrel, then you can do it with a hammer and a drill press.

>complying
How gay are you
>t. Californian with "pre ban" *wink wink* mags