$300 sheath for a $70 knife

>$300 sheath for a $70 knife

has anyone fallen for the Jewhog Leatherworks meme?

Attached: KaBar-01_1903x.jpg (1902x1268, 196K)

Leonard Leatherworks has an an $86 one

>ka-bar
you have

I don't know what you're saying, but I don't have a ka-bar I just remember seeing the sheathe on etsy.

I had a 40 buck kydex made for my 20 buck mora... but the sheath will outlast the knive and fit the next one too, so I'm cool with it.

Why do people want Kabars?

Because they arent bad knives and they are heavily engrained in american culture, there are better options for sure but for a general purpose knife its not a wrong choice

>tfw gonna spend $400 on a sheath for top knife in pic related

Attached: Screenshot_34.png (747x561, 590K)

RAT
TAIL
TANG

I do camping and bushcraft a lot lately and I've realized I don't have any need for a full tang sharpened pry bar, actually. If you need wood for a fire, dry wood is something you could split with a parring knife, if you need tinder you can make it with a SAK. Of course, if you need to build a shelter and/or split logs and you went out only with a knife, you're already doing something wrong. So there's no reason to carry a Ka Bar if that's your thing

Ka-Bar get wet
Leather get rot

You can spend the same amount of money, get a Bk16 which has a much better tang.

>Rat tail bad no batonny chop chop

I'm in the market for a quality k bar suggestions?

Kabars have a stick tang, which is a type of full tang wherein the tang is narrower than the handle. It's still a full-tang knife. You'll recognize this as being one of the most common blade designs of all time. Almost every sword ever made has a stick tang, for instance.

A rat-tail tang is a completely different design, wherein the tang is a separate, thinner piece of metal literally spot-welded to the blade.

Do you understand the difference?

A Ka Bar

Bk 9

Attached: 541054_1920x.jpg (1024x768, 194K)

>what is kraton

Attached: Screenshot_36.png (619x465, 700K)

>not waxing your leather
It's not even an issue unless you leave it submerged for some reason.

Regular Ka Bar USMC or Dogshead?

>owning a ka bar
>tripfagging

Attached: knifefudds.jpg (480x360, 46K)

samefaggot

If you paid $70 for a Kbar, you paid way too much.