Regret not serving

I'm 29 and in pretty shitty skinny fat shape so it's kind of out of the question for me. But I honestly feel like not serving will be one of the biggest regrets of my life. Though at the same time I know a huge amount of military life is fucking boring, and that all the stuff I fantasize about it is just fantasy and nothing else. I'm working/saving towards getting some property way out and being a innawoods hermit and hunter with guns and shit, so that's pretty kino.

But still...

Attached: ukraine war.jpg (1600x1067, 220K)

28 and skinny fat here. Joined the AF at 27.

You're being a bitch and letting your mind bullshit you. Ypu can enlist even in your 30s.

21 year old soon to be E5... I couldn't imagine being 29 and having to listen to my dumb ass... I wouldn't join but that's just me

The military is shit and literally only useful for the gibs, or cheap job training in a trade if you're in between stupid and smart enough to get full ride scholarships.

You'll never do anything cool like the commercials or movies, and if you did then you'll realize being shot at/blown up is fucking terrifying. If you want the prestige just download a PDF of AR 670-1 and LARP your heart out.

Nice recruitment tactic shlomo

Attached: IMG_0656.jpg (504x706, 114K)

It's *schlomo you homo

All the old guys that are lower enlisted (I'm getting there being 23) hate the younger guys telling them what to do. All you can do is either be cool with younger dudes commanding you or not join and just help as many vets as you can. Theres honor in helping vets OP.

Attached: Carry the wieght of your feels.jpg (885x1024, 91K)

/neverserved/ either. I want to but I honestly can’t justify putting my life on hold for almost a year doing basic and tech school for reserves or guard, and I’m too deep in my world now to go active. It just sucks.

I joined in July and couldn't be happier. Turned 30 last month. You'll have a reason to get into shape. You'll get tougher mentally. You'll go places- and if you apply yourself a little, you'll go interesting places. As an older dude, you'll have a leg up over the 18-19 year old pups coming in. This is all hypothetical though and MEPS is a shitshow. If you go, and they won't take you for some reason, that'll be one more "what-if" removed from your life.

listen buddy dont feel bad, at least you didn't waste your best years in some shithole in bumfuck nowhere for the bidding of the israel lobby. Imagine the guys that died or watched their buddies get fucked up so we could destabilize the middle-east for greater isreal plan.

Attached: 1530029953098.jpg (474x560, 69K)

Literally kill yourself nigger. The uhrmee did nothing for me but give me an unshakeable language of radio talk and eternal salt. Also im really stealthy at masturbating anywhere and I can fall asleep or stay up anywhere I feel like. My ability to stare at something for hours on end is on point tho.... tax dollars at work everyone.

It literally doesn’t matter whether you served or not. Nobody will look down on you because you didn’t serve. It truly doesn’t matter. and... if it really does matter that much to you, it’s not too late to join the National Guard or Reserves you know.

If you want to get in that badly, how is 6 months or so that bad? What do you do in the civilian world and what would you want to do in the military?

Was disqualified at MEPS for childhood asthma. Havent had an asthma attack since I was 11.

Whatever I make $125k/yr now

You could have fought that..

I'm 27 feel similar. The thing I don't regret is not going to Iraq. I never agreed with the Iraq war. It was the dumbest fucking shit ever. How the hell we pivoted from trying to get the bastards who knocked the towers down to attacking a country that never attacked us and the public actually bought into it is beyond me still.

I didn't join because there would be no point in signing myself up for a mission I don't believe in. If we went to war with the Chinks or the Norks or even ISIS I'd sign up in an instant though.

I do regret it. I didn't shoot a gun until I was 25 and can't really hit shit that well. I still flinch at recoil sometimes. Pic related is at 100 yards.

I wish I could just take the marksmanship training course of the US Marines to see if I could qualify. Or I wish I could have signed up at a time where I wouldn't be sent to fight some goat farmer that just wants us off his land. I have no problem with dying for my country, but not for no fucking reason.

Attached: IMG_5724.jpg (2819x3886, 1.47M)

You are making excuses, quit being a pussy. There's guys in worse shape than you running good pft scores, I've seen them. Go to a Fleet Feet and get yourself some nice running shoes. Go to your local track and start running. No track? fucking run anywhere. The Army/Navy/Air Force age cut offs are at 35, what are you waiting for? They want you to serve, they need you to serve, there is not enough people willing and qualified to serve because of poor attitude like yours. Go now you can do it, so many are, women, why not you?

Attached: 1537232524917.jpg (744x1375, 262K)

I hate to admit this but I am almost 50 and I still regret not going into the military. My ASVAB score was a 97 and in 1988 I would have been a rock star... ugh, poor life choices. now I just have a normal job making $250K and a wife and three kids. Still would give it all up to go back in time to try though. .

Fuck you

Attached: fuck_you.jpg (184x184, 6K)

there was a 42 year old in my infantry osut. just sign for 3 years and do it.

I felt this way in my 20s, now I'm in my mid30s and so fucking glad I didn't. A lot of vets either have disabilities from their service or come across as barely socialized welfare queens. Very few had experiences I would consider enviable. I'm glad I stayed in the civilian sector gaining skills that help me raise and feed my family instead of lining the pocket of some boomer faggot.

>instead of lining the pocket of some boomer faggot

Who do you think owns that company you work at, you stupid cocksucker? You just went into a different feed chute for the same machine.

>joining the cucked moron core or anything else during relative peacetime
Yeah gonna be a hard pass id rather go to school and if you're worried about not being in shape get a fucking gym membership