What's the best weapon for home defense against multiple perps in a nonfirearm country...

What's the best weapon for home defense against multiple perps in a nonfirearm country? Personally I think pic related would do well, tested by time.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B85tEumvz3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: ME-0123.png (850x850, 87K)

Wouldn't this get caught on the first guy you hit / your surroundings and become useless afterwards?

No, flail passes through like bullet. Nothing stops flail. Flail is still used to demolishing building. If flail gets stuck you need bigger flail.

Based flailposter

Attached: 1538371129550.jpg (664x599, 40K)

>non firearm country
Still a firearm.

Attached: E5ABD866-510C-4E0E-8084-40551D4570A6.jpg (960x960, 103K)

is your country a firearm?

basket hilt cutless...it's designed to fight unarmored folks in tight quarters.

Attached: oven_cleaner.png (491x624, 194K)

better get a short stabbing sword like a Roman gladius (Cold Steel makes one) or a short stabbbing spear like an assegai.

not living on the ground floor
a really fucking sturdy front door

Look at the number of melee weapon used throughout history with either a number of smaller spikes to them, or which were just one single stabbing point. The answer to your question could be "No", or just about every speak ever was actually a really fucking bad idea. Somehow you couldn't think this far yourself.

Correct answer here.
>sharp does more damage than blunt
>slash works better against multiple enemies and for noobs
>can still stab if necessary
A straight short sword can do both too, but curve does aid the cut, generally speaking.

if you are in a non-firearms allowed country, chances are self defense is illegal as well. just give the invaders your belongings and full access to your womens pussies. its the right thing to do. nothing is worth escalation to violence

Attached: UK police despair.jpg (800x532, 90K)

Thrusting weapons getting stuck in enemies is actually a serious problem... probably not with maces like that though, the spikes are far too short for that. A morning star like that MIGHT get lodged around something, spikes or not. There's a good reason they weren't actually used very much.

>morning star
A flail, I meant. Morning stars are perfectly fine and historic weapons. Military flails are a meme.

Attached: Boeheim_Morgenstern_01.jpg (751x534, 54K)

Ballistic tower shield + gladius

>Thrusting weapons getting stuck in enemies is actually a serious problem...
As is evident by spears, lances, pikes and the like being so rarely used historically.

gee, what could the purpose possibly have been for these little wings

Attached: spear_assortment.jpg (350x206, 11K)

Aerodynamics?

Of course user, nothing that was ever widely used has any drawbacks.
Idiot.

pipe bomb

Fuck OP, that really depends on your house and how much room you have.
In general I have
>Gladius
Nothing says GTFO quite like a naked guy in gasmask charging you with a sword, NOTHING. Its also good for stabbing, slashing and chopping and can be used in a close environment.
>Shovel/E-tool
Simple, sturdy, cheap and can be explained away. Also incredibly effective, but you need room to swing it.
>Spear/fence railing (dont ask)
Can be thrown down stairs for maximum damage. Aside from that not worth noting.
>Bayonet/knife
A stabbystabby knife for stabbystabbying. Also comfy to sleep with.
>Trench club
A short, stout length of wood maybe with a metal head/metal banding on the head and possibly with nails in (be careful of the latter, it can be hard to explain away). The cheapest of the cheap and very effective.
>Aresol sprays
Can be explained away and everyone has them lying around. Spray directly into the face/eyes for maximum effect, or combine with a lighter for flamey fun.

>against multiple perps
Whatever you use, you'll need to be properly trained with it. An average person could probably fight off a typical unarmed assailant with a sword or spear, but not multiple.

Also keep in mind that by using, say, a mace instead of a baseball (cricket?) bat or golf club, you're opening yourself up to weapons charges.

A tech tree would look like
Rocks
Rope
Sharp Rock
Sharp rock on stick
Sharp rock on long stick
So Spears are technically item nr 5 on the weapon tech tree, which is really really long. Its basically a pre civilization weapon, and has stayed in use because range vs cutting/damage power is a big dilemma that decides battle and by proxy warfare.

What you want is a spear, if you are know your HEMA: A sword you can half sword.
But a spear is far cheaper, and far more effective. With far more leverage, and possibility for further reach. But with the possibility of gripping towards the spearhead as well.

Attached: Muramasa_Spear_1500.jpg (402x2433, 86K)

This is why it'a always a baseball bat, or some kind of innocent tool. You can always say it was improvised. Don't forget to put a knife in the assailant's hand afterward.
Ha ha ha I'm totally joking of course, respect your local laws always.

The wings most spears didn't have. The wings we don't find on any thrusting sword or dagger meant for use against humans. The wings that often won't even touch the target until the tip is already poking out the other side. And if we look at the the various spiked clubs and maces, the wings that are further back from the tip than the entire width, spikes included, of many of these bonks.

You might not be on to something here.

A serious problem that is likely to manifests in an easily disastrous way when the object is successfully and properly used for its intended purpose? Between some user who has never stabbed anyone telling me it is so, and countless veterans back in the day apparently not finding it to be a major issue I think we should trust the judgement of the latter.

There's a reason truckers carry """tire thumpers"" which are for """checking tire pressure"""

Attached: 41QKcLk-eAL.jpg (500x500, 23K)

The longest fucking spear or pike you can get your hands on lol. Or a crossbow. Anything that kills or disables them from as far away as possible, without risking your own ass.

most likely these spears were for game hunting to prevent the wounded animal from shimmying up the shaft and eating your face as it died,

I used a blacksmith hammer. Container chassis pins are sometimes hard to engage, it checks tiers, and when you carry one, customers don't argue stupid shit with you.

One set of quotation marks gets the point you want to make across.
Further sets just tells us you're easily impressed kid desperate to come across as one of the cool bunch.

Step 1: learn to swing a hammer
Step 2: get one like pic related, or one with big heavy hatchet on back (instead of spike)
Step 3: when police come after intuder dies of subdural hematoma, explain how if you were trying to kill, you wouldve used the dangerous end

Immediate self-defense alibi

Attached: E3-22P-Rock-Pick-Blue_31c50615-87fb-4021-bbc8-bbb1fbf98726_1024x1024.jpg (471x800, 17K)

If you can get it, a gun. There really aren't many "non-firearm" countries other than China and some African hellholes.

Following that, a taser.

If you still can't do that, get a sword. Sabers (or similar weapons like cutlasses) are fairly intuitive and have quite a lot of documentation about how to use them.

>prohibited in canada

Attached: 1542252558656.jpg (1280x1256, 168K)

>Half-swording
Just in case someone breaks into your house in full harness, right?

I reserve the triple-quote for when I would have used air-quotes if I was saying it in real life.

I know this because of records of people who had the problem of weapons getting stuck. People got around the problem by training how to get them unstuck, knowing how strong to thrust, indeed using side bars, etc. Cavalry lances were often used only for a single charge. WW1 infantry noticed that daggers and bayonets can get stuck in ribcages, so they learned where to stab, or used clubs. For swords, people often preferred cut-centric swords in battle, especially cavalry. Basically, just because stabbing is still a useful tool doesn't mean certain problems don't exist.

You will want a well made Machete. If you look to African conflicts its pretty much the AK47 of the blade world. And a short sword is a must for indoor fighting, see pic related. (Its about a samurai who specializes in house fighting, notice what he is carrying)

Attached: TwilightSamurai.jpg (1600x856, 58K)

You want a weapon with a good standoff, but short enough to be easily drawn back quickly for repeated blows. A Estwing tomahawk is a fine and affordable weapon or a 16oz framing hammer from same company. I would also get an oversized chemical fire extinguisher to open the counter attack. Keep any of these in your car or office too. Perfectly normal right?

>I know this because of records of people who had the problem of weapons getting stuck.
As the occasional thing that the internet exaggerates to hell and back, or as a serious problem that would leave even the flail up there with its short spikes stuck in the first guy or thing it hit hard enough to become useless? Hm...

>For swords, people often preferred cut-centric swords in battle
And a good number didn't. But I guess they were all retards. And apparently it only counts if you get killed on the battlefield. You can just walk it off or something otherwise?

Attached: cuira1.jpg (1366x900, 474K)

>leave even the flail up there with its short spikes stuck in the first guy
I specifically mentioned that flail would NOT have this problem.
If you're interested in the matter, scholagladiatoria has some good videos on the merits of cut vs thrust in swords and why the thing about thrusts getting stuck matters more in some circumstances than others.

>Here let me just wind this up in a hallway

youtube.com/watch?v=B85tEumvz3w