Handgun General - /hg/ - #221

Value edition

Pastebin:
>pastebin.com/gs6mLNik (embed)

Guide:
>scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

P.T.

Attached: best1911.jpg (2500x1406, 938K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/5GG87Uu
czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=67157.0
youtube.com/watch?v=dvuv09VgALs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for the discord is now shit

Dickie Linkie
discord.gg/5GG87Uu

pic related

First for butthurt user only bitches when I come around

Attached: VP9 Bravo (2) .jpg (1600x1440, 434K)

>I want an extra level of protection against accidents that DA/SA affords.
What? I understand that feeling but a manual safety offers a much more tangible and certain extra level of protection compared to DA/SA with the same level of effort to activate it.
Im aware of exactly two. One of which was due to a walked out trigger pin in combination with an aftermarket trigger job and the other appears to have been an object in holster incident(gun shop glock guy). As somebody who memes on safetyless striker fired guns a lot im frankly unaware of any instances of them going off without negligence on the users behalf and/or tampering with the firearms original configuration. The only design i could even imagine that happening with right now would be if somebody with a pre-fix p320 fell just the right way on it, but that really tells you more about nusig than safetyless striker fired guns in general.
>are there any examples of da/sa or revolvers going off?
When it comes to lack of trigger discipline or something hooking the trigger while moving the gun around whether outside or into the holster yes. NDs like this were hardly unheard of particularly back in the heyday of LEO/civilian use of revolvers. While more idiot resistant than a glock type firearm they sure as shit aren't idiot proof.

>value HK
OwO what's thisssss

$350.00 at one of my LGS.

people complain all the time.
you suck.
You're probably the only person that paid a decent price for an overpriced hi-point

I don't own a VP70, and it sounds like you are butthurt.

Attached: 1515268140590.jpg (496x496, 134K)

A vp70 would be an upgrade over that piece of scrap metal.

Attached: 555comeonnow.jpg (600x375, 15K)

I'm sure there are but I dunno of any. It might predate the internet era. A 10 pound DA trigger takes a lot more negligence to discharge, I would think, than a 5 pound striker trigger.

The safety can get brushed off, DA is always on and passive

Why does it look like it has eczema?

Attached: beretta 8001.jpg (2200x1467, 1.03M)

Let’s get this thread back on track

Attached: CC90E15E-AD3C-42B3-AAB1-FD0B6C78FCEB.jpg (784x513, 72K)

>HNNGGGG

Attached: 8DB5E62A-6215-4EE5-B51B-2B813869C334.jpg (780x458, 57K)

Previous owner stippled a "gas pedal" onto the frame, and got the finger grooves too. Good recipient for an RMR.

Attached: 941 Yellowbrick.jpg (4379x2812, 2.39M)

that's a beauty

gently used oc.

Attached: best1911_and_militaria.jpg (2000x1125, 805K)

>manual safety: can get "brushed off" in a holster, blocks trigger movement, has to be turned off to fire, excellent trigger
>DA/SA: doesn't actually block trigger movement, can't get "brushed off" after being activated, nothing to flip off before firing, terrible trigger
Guess it's a real toss up, assuming your trigger doesn't get "brushed off" as well.

the best solution would be a manual safety that can only be switched on or off when a secondary safety is engaged, like the 1911 grip safety.

well that or we should just bring back the squeeze cock method and be done with it.

da/sa safety on. Literally nothing safer than that

>good revolver trigger
All the benefits of da/sa except the trigger’s actually good, and you don’t have to decock it. No semi auto can compete with a high quality double or single action revolver trigger. Too bad the dardick concept never caught on :(

>mediocre trigger
>need to disengage safety before firing
It’s only good if you don’t have a holster

DAO guns that don't suck do exist
>RIP P239 SAS

>p239
>doesn’t suck
Hahahaha

As a ton of combat vets/citizens that have shot in self defense have put it, you don't even feel the trigger pull in a shootout. Whether it's a 2 pound custom 1911 trigger, or a 12 pound da trigger, you won't feel it when you're pumping with adrenaline and getting attacked/shot at. The difference being it's harder to nd with a da/sa when you're shaking than with a striker trigger.

eh, if both designs are drop safe then it's only safer if you forget to put the safety on in the first place. Otherwise they're both equally safe as the triggers can't set the gun off on either.
>As a ton of combat vets/citizens that have shot in self defense have put it, you don't even feel the trigger pull in a shootout
Eh, id have to request a source on that. However much more importantly i think people are less worried about "feeling" the trigger difference in a DGU where fundamentals are likely to be considerably less than ideal than they are the fact that longer heavier triggers tend to exacerbate issues with fundamentals much more so than short and light triggers producing worse functional accuracy under stress. If you hand an individual with poor fundamentals and no particular platform bias a DA revolver and a 1911 and ask them to shoot both quickly they're going to typically do better with the 1911. Similarly it is possible that in a DGU where you're way too busy focusing on other things than getting a perfect trigger press that a lighter and shorter trigger will minimize the impact of errors.

But user, only your first shot with a da/sa is heavy. Every subsequent shot is lighter than even the best stock striker triggers (ppq)

1911 or USP45c? The HK would be v7 (cocked and locked).

Did you get banned?

HK shill here
Get a full size 45

Is 500 a good price for a lightly used CZ 75D Compact PCR?

What is the best 6 shot 357 magnum revolver in a 3 or 2 and a half inches barrel?

686 or 66

Nusmith if 2" the new cranelocking system allows for a full length ejector.

3" would be mr73 );;));););)););

Anyone happen to know if theres a site that makes hammer shrouds that attach to revolvers? I only found one sit and I think it hasn't been updated since 2007 and only has email as contact info.

>Hammer shroud attache ment
Cant you just Bob the hammer?

i could but id rather have an attachment that I can put on or take off

Hot take
>You faggots can't shoot 90% on a B8 'test' 10/10/10 drill and have no business discussing triggers :^)

Attached: IMG_20181116_162103_557.jpg (1710x1184, 790K)

Cold take
>B8 tests don’t matter and arent actually practical

And yet, you can't pass baby's first competency trial

>THE FBI went from requiring actual accuracy and fundamentals to this
>You can miss the target compleatly 12 times and still pass
>It starts literally armspan distance (Real world applicable, but that makes those points a fucking gimmie)
>No scoring rings, a hit anywhere in the bowling pin counts

The absolute state of allowing female agents
>Alternatively "This is what PTSD from shooting 10mm looks like, a total loss of standards"

Attached: final-NH-new-FBI-qual.jpg (2448x3264, 1.36M)

Shit, forgot trip.

Whatever, THIS was the old qualification

Attached: 20181108_141349-980x2016.jpg (980x2016, 343K)

Hey Burt can we add this link to the pastebin? We’re always getting
>is _____ too big to carry?
czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=67157.0

Also, when will the USPf 9/40 is too big to carry meme die? It’s the same size as a P07 just with a half inch longer slide (doesn’t matter IWB), 9/8”thick, 5.3” tall, 7.7” long.

Attached: 405E2BC4-AE3D-49D0-8CFA-CCBE344CA527.jpg (451x640, 77K)

What are some good 10mm guns that aren’t glockblocks

Grand Power P40 is probably the best 10mm. 14+1, rotating barrel for superior recoil mitigation, about the same size and weight of the G20. Reportedly good trigger and ergonomics

Attached: 67A6596B-CDD0-4348-BA87-C9BA348B65D3.jpg (670x447, 69K)

It also has steel 3 dot sights and can be used cocked and locked. Goes for about $650 and comes with two magazines. Extra mags will be very pricy though - $45.

A target company in New Jersey?
I thought it was against the law there?

From ten feet away from the target, right?

Yeah, I can't shoot for shit TBQH

Well, LEO are better than you, civilian scum

Attached: 20181110_123107-3024x1470.jpg (3024x1470, 856K)

Why would the FBI care about collateral damage? What are you going to do, sue them?

Attached: Glock 19.jpg (3976x2646, 1.82M)

Attached: SIG P320.jpg (1350x900, 90K)

Why?

Somebody left their fedora out of that picture.

Why not?

>stock images of incredibly ubiquitous pistols
This is what NPCs must think people post on /hg/

I'm thinking about getting a sig p320 subcompact with the medium-grip railed frame and factory nightsights. This seems like a great deal for $450.
I know
>"nu Sig bad"
Besides the drop safe issue (which is now fixed on new factory p320s) the p320 has had very few issues.
Should there be any real reasons not to get this gun?

How does the Fiocchi 10mm compare with the Sig or full power ammunition?

Absolutely

If you like the shape, capacity, sights, button placement and price there's no reason not to buy one.

What are some acceptable lights besides surefire?

Streamlight TLR-1HL, or the TLR-7 if you need a compact light.

I personally find the ergonomics severly lacking on the P320, but if you can give it a feel, you might like it.

You're getting a reply out of me.

Get the USP45 V1, or an HK45.

>what is the LEM or DAO, Mr. Trebek

Attached: USPc Villains.jpg (1600x1135, 415K)

I've never had a striker gat before. I'm shopping P30's but VP9s have my eye. I've been a CZ fag in the past.

Will I regret it?

The P30 is great, but so is the VP9. If you get a VP9, you will have no regrets in doing so.

How long until the gubment tries to take them?

Attached: 20181105_190322.jpg (1796x3192, 2.45M)

>people still unironically buy HK

Try a P99 or a M&P.
Striker fired is HK's weakest product.

Post guns

Attached: obvious shit post.png (531x227, 271K)

>Flesh doesnt redirect a bullet, it slows it down.Bones can redirect bullets a bit if they hit at a flat angle, but thats pretty much the only thing where more momentum could be useful.
This indicates a fundamental lack of understanding of physics. Momentum is not only a factor in deflection off of hard surfaces but redirection in general. An object with a greater momentum that is otherwise comparable will take longer to slow down in general, slowing down is effectively a "change in direction" in this example.
>They tend to make a big splash and then carry on with a small wound track.
>Hollowpoints do that too, to a lesser extent. (in reference to making substantially smaller than projectile diameter holes)
>45. ACP bullets tend to dump energy quickly at first, and then keep going slowly for quite a bit because theyre heavy
Its abundantly clear that you're talking out of your ass. Neither .45 or 9mm produce wounding via cavitation under normal circumstances. Thinking that the greater initial energy/velocity of the rounds will make a bigger wound clearly demonstrates that you don't even understand the basics of terminal ballistics. A .6" bullet will make a .6" hole until it stops moving through flesh at these velocities.
>The wound tracks have a star-ish shaped cross section
I honestly misread ripping as rippling at the time, thinking you said "long rippling extensions" threw me for a loop.

Anyone getting some Black Friday shopping done? So far I've bought a 300rd box of .45 Auto and a 500rd box of 9mm. Now I'm just waiting for Friday itself for the Shield 2.0 with the laser.

Is there a site where I can see the lowest prices for new guns across various sites/auction sites?

gun.deals

Doesn't list auctions though.

You're overcompensating if you buy something other than this.

Attached: P1390537-900x601.jpg (900x601, 91K)

Attached: 1518400581718.jpg (499x668, 44K)

>

Thanks user

Hey uhhhhhhhh
Post guns

No (you)

We overcompensation posting?

Attached: 20181117_215322_HDR-1.jpg (2525x1980, 1.36M)

Nice out dated gun, Gramps.

my god what a shitty holster

Holster looks like a rhinos cock
Also this - only faggots get MK23s when the USP45T exists

Sure, overcompensating for not being bulletproof.
youtube.com/watch?v=dvuv09VgALs

I shoot glocks super super well, better than my CZ or Kimber, but they're so boring and I'm a giant hipster.

Its elephant

Mudd lyfe?

I had the opportunity to buy this beauty a few weeks ago, but someone beat me to it by one day before I had the money.

Attached: oAfjCaU.jpg (2432x4320, 3.76M)

I second this.

Attached: 2018-11-13_21.36.22.jpg (2565x1559, 3.25M)

I'm amazed you were willing to put that on a rock.

Heres a (You)

>Holster looks like a rhinos cock
I kek'd

Hk kinda blows dude

>people think its the pinnacle
It's like when people buy a genesis and think theyre buying a premium car

Attached: eJwVwdsNwyAMAMBdGABjMA9nG0QQiZQEBO5Xld2r3n3VZ15qU4fIWBvAfq7S566X9Jlb1a33dtU8zqVLvyGL5HLc9ZEFNjBh4kAx (662x625, 349K)

the digits, they don't lie

the digit train keeps a rollin

Attached: usp_holster.jpg (726x569, 55K)

checked and correct

Chek'd, and I wouldn't say they suck just massively overrated

best place for cheap sights?

look for sales on ameriglo - amazon opticsplanet etc

I definitely thing something is wrong with my threaded H9 barrel but I didn't think to take the factory one with me.

Streamlight TLR series, Olight (PL Mini)

Most likely you'll be very pleased. VP9s are well made and feel great. The trigger break is EXCELLENT, but the reset is rather long (compared to it's main competition the Walther PPQ and CZ P10C which also have excellent breaks). It'd serve you to czech out as many strikers as you can to see what you're missing, or better yet rent and shoot some, but if you bought a VP9 sight unseen and feel unfelt you'll be satisfied at least or chuffed at best.

What I personally dislike about the VP9:
Trigger reset (minor)
Relatively harsh recoil (minor, also suffered by PPQ)
Grip texture not as good as P30 (minor, also suffered by PPQ)

I love everything else!

Never. Oh noooo 8045? You missed out on Ding Chavez larplay! You'll find another, they're available even now.

Usually gonna be Optics Planet. Sometimes the C-word also has ridic deals but that's another can of worms. Brownells can have sales which, with free shipping codes and dealer discount, can be low too. And I'm sure there will be some for basketball friday and cyber monday. But Optics Planet will be the most reliable place to find sights cheap. Beware though--they list things multiple times with different prices, so try your best to find the cheapest one (and double check UPCs and descriptions!). Their return policy is excellent but the site is difficult to navigate.

Attached: nov targets slow left fast right.jpg (2500x1667, 1.16M)