How prepared are you for a Sarajevo-tier survival situation, Jow Forums?

how prepared are you for a Sarajevo-tier survival situation, Jow Forums?

Attached: survivalmap1.jpg (1600x1103, 400K)

Considering the town I live in has 3,000 people (and is the largest within a 2 hour drive) and is surrounded by unending acres of forest... I’d say decently. I’ve got food and arms, just gotta throw on my pack, grab my holster and rifle and get out.

I'm asking people who live in relevant urban areas. not backwoods hick towns like yours.

Stay informed as much as you can and gitt out when things start to go shit.

/co/ would be the real MVP.

Attached: co_for_cover.jpg (2111x921, 444K)

>when a city slicker knows hes fucked in the event of a crisis

The Sarajevo image was a LARP and I'm in a city with probably around a million niggers, so it'd be a modern day Roarkes Drift.

>implying the Serbs did anything wrong.
user pls

Attached: D542C817-F049-42C5-90DA-963C4A86A935.jpg (900x674, 153K)

I lived in Sarajevo for four years - 2004-2005 and 2012-2015. I wasn't there for the sexy part, but I have many friends and family who were, and I saw the aftermath, including one of the mass graves. Like, I actually worked the site for bones and so on. From far away, a "Sarajevo-tier survival situation" doesn't look like much. By NATO standards, after all, it wasn't a "real war".

Ever played This War Of Mine, though? "In war, not everyone is a soldier."

There is no "prepping" for the besieging of your city by a professional standing military, complete with artillery and limited armour support. You are a civilian with access to semiautomatic weapons and some friends who are also civilians. Assuming the U.S. (or whichever country you're in) is in no position to argue, neither are you. You are a civilian with semiauto rifles and some friends, and they, while they may be Second World paramilitaries, are the Real Deal.

Now, the Serbs never technically cracked the lines, not in any meaningful way, but they were still able to harass the entire city with indirect fire and sniper fire until NATO put the kibosh on 'em. So what you're looking at is rations for ~550 days (assuming one meal a day for the ~1,400+ days of the siege), a clean water source (in an urban community of 250-350k people), a way to heat your home so you don't freeze to death during the several winters, a way to defend your home against far more people than one guy can take on alone, especially when defending a fixed position... medical supplies, ammunition, and God knows what else.

Most people will leave you alone, but in a city that size, "most people" isn't cutting it. You'll also have to contend with bored/hostile "friendly" soldiers, packs of aggressive dogs, pests and insects spreading disease.

>Best way to prep for another Sarajevo is to not fucking be there when it happens.
>Second-best way is to have a way of getting out of the city, by hook or by crook, after it begins.

Third-best way, not that I condone deserting, is a subset of #2 where you can get on the fucking line and fuck off when no one is looking and hope you don't buy it while you walk to the border. Watch out for landmines!

out of curiosity what town is this?

>t. Seething citycuck

someone's triggered

hahah yeah bro epic!! hahah, fuck mudslimes, systematic rape and genocide is cool!! haha XD

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Moderately well prepped. I live in a county larger than Rhode Island, with a population around 140K, so there’s a fair amount of rural even in our urban areas. I don’t think I would have to worry about snipers, for geographical reasons. Indirect fire could be an issue. I do have some drones, I could send one up to 300 feet to get a quick scan of what’s going on within my immediate area, figure a 1 mile radius.

In a seige, I would probably be farming staple foodstuffs for trade or to support the front. I also make soap, do brewing and meadmaking, make my own lye as necessary, and am pretty good at tinkering with small devices. I won’t be living in the lap of luxury, but I’m not going to be a destitute welfare hobo, either.

Mauzer > Arkan the burglar.

I mean, I think the greater los Angelas area is a bit to big to surround but I have 2 cases of water and whatever dry goods I have in my freezer.

something tells me that surviving something like Sarajevo would be pure fucking luck.

>I think the greater los Angelas area is a bit to big to surround
thats quitter talk.

Live in an 1800s house near city center in a big metro... basement has a small (now hidden) subbasement to hide in (think it was a root cellar), but ill suffocate if the house burns or falls down over me, kind of want to drill and install two pipes for ventilation outside hidden

Enjoy being eaten by knuckledraggers or getting nuked

I mean it's almost 9000sq km. I dunno how the fuck your going to surround that whole area, plus blockage one of the largest ports on the west coast.

Attached: Screenshot_20181119-141425_Brave.jpg (1440x2960, 988K)

nah, you just arent thinking big enough. the key is to section it off. or just use a lot of artillery.

i know a man that was in the artillery regiments during the siege, Sarajevo was never meant to be taken by the top command
It was only to be left under siege for as long as possible to hold an upper hand
They could have burned it to the ground, they could have dug under it to collapse it, they could have dragged thermobaric ordinance and commit a proper genocide, but they never got the order to do any of that

hey, it worked out anyways.

Why didn’t the Serbs take the city? Did they not have the troops to take it?