Why do preppers and survivalists dress like this...

Why do preppers and survivalists dress like this? Wouldn't you want to look as unthreatening as possible in case of an actual SHTF event?

Attached: DSC02840_1024x1024.jpg (1024x684, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160326050717/http://www.weaponsrelated.com/2010/01/when-shtf.html
supremepundit.com/2014/12/undercover-cops-outed-attacked-at-oakland-protest-1-pulls-gun-sfgate/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Precisely.
In IRL SHTF these faggots will die in the first week or 2, while the rest will be cheeki breeki in their bombed out house or whatever and trading bic lighters and cigarettes.

Because I want to posture as the most dangerous man in a town, city, or a firefight.

Clothes are just clothes. It's the weapons that are threatening.

LAWLS. Anyone who tells you they know how shit is gonna go down is automatically wrong.

You’re probably right.

But how will they get all the juicy views without appealing to all the idiots that don't know this?

>Be me. SHTF operator wearing 2 grand worth of tacticool clothes
>Also be carrying a 3 grand rifle
>Get shot by a dindu with a hipoint on day 3
>Such is life.

Attached: brainler.jpg (249x228, 6K)

>still in the city on day 3 of the shtf
you were never gonna make it anyway

Exactly.

web.archive.org/web/20160326050717/http://www.weaponsrelated.com/2010/01/when-shtf.html

Camo clothes is fine. What i've never understood is putting camo on tools. Like camo multi-tools. You drop it in the woods and you'll never find it again.

>Implying anyone who buys into this meme can walk that fast

Pic-related. Imagine trying to find this shit on a forest floor in the dark.

Attached: camo black metal.jpg (1100x1100, 79K)

Be wearing camo jacket. Shot and beat to death by mob of dindus for a .32 revolver and my loose granola bar.

>Clothes are just clothes. It's the weapons that are threatening.
If I see a guy dressed in camo from head to toe I assume there's like 90% chance he has multiple guns.

Lol you boring niggers, SHTF and you're walking around like virgin NPCs. I personally will be wearing a flecktarn and alpenflage mixture, some sort of antler headdress, running around with a shockwave and a machete, truly living the SHTF experience.

Attached: 1540608893722.jpg (634x433, 46K)

If you don't assume the little old lady wearing three coats has multiple guns you not gonna make it bro.

This is the only way.
Shock the forest dindus into leaving you alone

what a madman, if I see antlers I'm not shooting. I'll leave beans and jerky on the doorstep

Wear comfortable unassuming clothes. My SHTF clothes are jeans flannel carthart aka my everyday clothing. Maybe I'll throw my hunting gear on.

Tactical clothing doesn't Grant you magical powers.

Why not something cute?

Attached: rebels-wedding-dress.jpg (798x426, 206K)

Catch me innawoods

Attached: shaman4_original.jpg (480x640, 87K)

"Here comes the diversity"

>OP does not know what LARPING is
Most open preppers are not even as sophisticated as your pic and are overweight israel and pig worshipping evangelicals with autistic children.

Attached: 1539790164061.png (950x1214, 1.59M)

>crossbow on his back
Didn't we, like, switch from crossbows and bows to guns because guns >>> bows?

Thinks he's Daryl from the walking dead

You can do that without dressing like a goofball. If anything you want to avoid drawing attention to yourself, ya know the whole big stick idea

anyone who thinks they'll form some walking dead tier group of friends working together to survive is going to die within a week. if you want to survive you must literally trust no one. not a single soul you come across. unless its a close family member. not even old friends. think 'the road'. if shtf no one is going to be interested in making friends and sharing even a saltine cracker

This. It's a once in a lifetime experience. Go all out balls to the wall in the zone

Attached: colgate.jpg (767x783, 247K)

That person is dressed in pants and a shirt and a ball cap..and is in the brush.
The clothing he has on isn't threatening.

In fact cammo pantys and black jackets aren't really threatening to - people where that every day in the USA

Are you a fucking bot?

Based. Get that primal spooky vibe going with dead animal adornments.
I personally will opt for wearing a wolf's skull

If i see a guy dressed in camo from head to toe I assume that he's a faggot prepper and would be an opportune target to kill and loot

Attached: 1541106328368.jpg (323x323, 8K)

Question; How do you know these guys are 'Survivalists' and not Ks with an extensive collection of surplus merc. Is it because they go outdoors?
Question:
How do you know your not surrounded by Gray Men survivalists everyday?

Is antlers going to be the universal Jow Forumsomrade sign in a shtf scenario?
>be innawoods a week after the collapse
>spooky animal hyde outfit horns/antlers attached to wolf skull on helmet
>some fag takes potshots at you
>take covee
>both of you peek at the same time
>both have same outfit
>make a friend to smoke, kill, rape and plunder the normie settlements with

Attached: 1539948175846.jpg (914x700, 48K)

What are Lanyards?

You are neither wrong nor right
>pic related lad

Attached: 1524594556286.jpg (1504x2964, 1.6M)

>pic related
that guy was a confirmed liar

Sounds nice. Would operate with other antlerbros

Depends, right?

Probably you'd want to appear like a totally normal citizen, but maybe looking like you're a dangerous motherfucker with military background would be advantageous. It really depends on the SHTF situation.

Honestly, natural disaster type thing? You'd want to look normal and nonthreatening so people are willing to organize and work with you without being afraid of getting involved in violence.

>posts a LARP

You never leave your mom's basement and your mom lives in a shit hole city because of free housing

Historically speaking, hospitals and places of worship should be some of the safer places.

>running around
fat chance

>anyone who thinks they'll form some walking dead tier group of friends working together to survive is going to die within a week.
Pic related

Attached: IU5CT4W[1].jpg (855x445, 20K)

But he's in camo, you would not see him but he'd see you, firts

If SHTF ever happens, I'm going to wear a mask made out of a paper plate with "No one cared who I was until I put on the mask" written in sharpie across the front, and larp as low-budget Bane.

Attached: _20181025_223840.jpg (636x699, 39K)

why does everyone on here think SHTF is going to be raging gun battles between everyone around them?

i really hope it's just larping

What I secretly wonder is: are there people that truly want this to happen. Are there those that want S to HTF?

yes but because they unironically think it will be fun like in the movies. their tune will change the second their daughter is raped, murdered, and eaten while they sit by watching, tied to a tree. or when they shit themselves to death

I live in a dark city, the second "law and order" goes it'll be Mogadishu here.

This. SHTF won't be fun if it ever does happen. Larping is fun and all, but we all know it'll suck

this
baneposting is the certified Jow Forums shtf callsign

True operators go clayclad and try to craft the world's biggest codpiece out of the trophies taken from their kills.
Beard to the knees is optional, rubber rain hat is not.

Attached: Mei Grope.png (1952x2102, 775K)

I'd be so butthurt if I didn't have heat, hot water, electricity, internet. I like camping and stuff, a week or two is no big deal but all the time? Fuck that shit.

Where do you guys live? Around here minus the guns and gloves that's pretty normal redneck attire. Went to highschool with a lot of annoying dudes that dressed like that.

Greyman reporting in
The entire objective is to just blend in and not stick out
Why haven't you swallowed the grey pill yet Jow Forums ?

Attached: new-poncho-web.jpg (1920x762, 154K)

Depends. If you and a group are guarding a piece of land there is utility in camo especially if you have an observation position or firing position set up in way where you identify strangers before they identify you. But if you are running around an urban then yeah it wouldn't be a great idea.

You're not supposed to swallow suppositories, user.

Attached: Tina Indignant.jpg (986x1288, 338K)

Things faggots carry for $100, Alex

I'm in the South. A bunch of people in my apartment complex are gun owners. I know at least one of the guys upstairs is. A few people have gun stickers on their trucks. I saw a Daniel Defense box in someone's car. That's just the people who are obvious. I'm sure there are more like me who hide their power level.

"Tina Indignant"
I have to ask, how many Tina pictures do you have to warrant describing the emotion?

Attached: 1920x1920-2.jpg (1920x1279, 286K)

Attached: cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg (1280x853, 211K)

Attached: 3.jpg.png (620x330, 343K)

>if you're alone, you'll die
welp I'm gonna die arent I

I had a camo victorinox as a kid. Lost it on a forest. Not good idea.

Are those a bunch of Reach Total Care toothbrushes on the ground?

Maybe shoplifted or looting? I think the pictures were from one of the treyboon chimpouts.

Sometimes looters just steal whatever they can get their paws on.

Attached: A-young-boy-helps-his-father-loot-the-Big-5-Sporting-Goods-store-on-April-30.-LA-Times.png (796x1130, 431K)

Because Cosplay is fun user!
This should be posted in cgl

>SHTF is going to be raging gun battles between everyone around them?
It's really fucking simple:
>You are disciplined and use 2 gallons of water a day
>If you have 100 gallons of clean water and someone who has not had any clean water for a day asks you for a few gallons so they may survive, will they take no for an answer?
>Just Give them 5 gallons so they fuck off cuz it's not worth a fight and a dead body on the porch.
>They come back the next day with two others again asking for 5 gallons of water each
>Okay your spidery senses are tingly now but you don't want to fight without a clear and sure advantage so you hand over 15 gallons.
>At the end of day 2 you are now at 76 gallons, a full quarter of your clean water is gone in only two days thanks to being kind.
>you had planned on making that much last two weeks
>Morning of day three they're back with 7 people a few with guns and demanding half of what water you have left and most of your food since you have so much and they so little.
>Now your fucked since your kind neighbors will be back on day four and take whatever is left.
These won't be black people asking since black people culturally have lived through shtf scenarios before and immediately go to the grocery stores to loot anything that may sustain them. They will most likely be white neighbors with kids, so due to parental responsibility the community "deserves their share" of your water. Always keep 3/4 of your shit hidden then start playing pauper when you use up that quarter.

>tfw /r9/k/
>too beta to join a group
>would rather live as a lone wolf for a week
>gets jumped by a pack of nogs
>looted and weewee cut off, made into a little necklace

Attached: cadpat feels.jpg (689x960, 418K)

Long term you are going to need to form or join a group in order to survive if for no other reason than you need 24 hour security in a fixed position. If you plan to just run around you are eventually going to stumble into an organized group that may view you as a threat or as easy picking and you could have to deal with a half dozen plus armed attackers. Ideally you would like some pre-collapse relation to the group so that you aren't trusting a bunch of strangers because that is not ideal.

Not many, but I tend to forget which is which, so the naming convention helps.

Attached: Tina Happy 01.png (1035x1493, 407K)

>based susieposter

Attached: CC12EF78-D973-40E3-8B5C-2E7C01D9CC4A.jpg (1280x720, 232K)

>carrying a rifle
>in a group
>during the end of civilization
"Well he's wearing gym shorts so I guess I don't need to pay attention to him."

At a certain point it doesn't matter.
That point comes earlier when you realize normies wear camo all the time.

Because that's what the normies are itching for.

Attached: civil war.png (660x1673, 105K)

i agree. obviously a well prepared family would be the ideal choice, however people in positions like mine, might have to hunker down for at least a few days before being able to link up with the rest of the family

Apparently mixed reviews. Anyone use this thing?

Tina's not very tall or strong and guns scare the fuck outta her, but she can digest nearly any kind of food, she's great at logistics, and she produces up to 4 gallons of milk a day.

Would you take Tina with you when SHTF?

Attached: Tina Happy 02.png (1099x1493, 448K)

Yea guys!
Why would anyone think there would be violence!?
Nothing bad will ever happen.
And if it does, the government will save you.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Attached: 1537683040465.jpg (600x400, 40K)

Strap a dragon dildo to your belt for maximum tactical overmatch.

Always cracks me up, that one guy in the walmart tier confederate shirt.

I'm going full Blood Meridian, a flannel, pair of jeans, some old beat up Ariats I own, my ratty wide brimmed hat, an LBV with my shit on it, my rifle and ZERO soap or shaving razors. Hope to add some nappy haired or multicolored scalps to the get up

Attached: Crusty.png (634x821, 956K)

source for those interested

>supremepundit.com/2014/12/undercover-cops-outed-attacked-at-oakland-protest-1-pulls-gun-sfgate/

That poncho definitely looks cool. I'd also like some insight before I buy

i'll be your Jow Forums fren, user

Attached: 1537850466090.png (569x569, 560K)

honestly, the people who will survive in these sort of SHTF hypotheticals will be those weird mormon clans that form little communities in the mountains or desert with guns and farms, or small towns where all the people know each other and will help each other. Anyone who is a lone wolf during these hypotheticals would be fucked. I don't care if you have a 3000$ rifle and 600$ flashlight and 1000$ tactical sunglasses, you're gonna get fucked and murdered and robbed by the first pack of dindus you come across if you're alone. Or some gang of puerto ricans is gonna follow you back home one day and then cut you into pieces while you sleep.

you're not going to survive alone.

you might survive for a little bit, but not long-term.

Yeah and how long did that last? Being prepared for disasters that make sense for your area and that have ramifications lasting up to maybe a month or two at most makes sense, but preparing for end of the world roaming gun battles everyone is violent is a retarded larp

Attached: 23413123123.jpg (638x384, 22K)

If you voluntarily live around niggers now, you’re as good as dead anyways. The next natural disaster or chimp out has a chance of taking you out, let alone SHTF.

truth

When things really get bad, everyone's a dindu.

also true

yeah.....the main difference seems to be the threshold it takes to becoming a looter. some niggas turn into looters just because there was a really bad storm or something. but in these sorts of SHTF fantasies, even the noble suburban white person can and does become a dindu.

We are three meals away from becoming the niggers

Attached: 1521312183373.jpg (639x499, 39K)

LORD HUMUNGUS RULES THE WASTELAND!!!!

Attached: 1366x768-mad-max-2-lord-humungus.jpg (1366x768, 91K)

For (you)

Attached: Bane.jpg (1920x1080, 265K)

People like you get lucky and kill/loot some unlucky fellow but then others learn that you are someone who kills and loots people. You are now going to be hunted down and killed by those trying to keep order.

I'll make it my mission in life to kill people like you if shit ever hit the fan. You won't even see it coming because I'll be a nobody that doesn't gain any attention until I pop your fucking ass.

Attached: 1502163408661.jpg (1000x563, 158K)

who watches the watchers?