Nunchaku

I like nunchaku
What are the best kinds
What tips for practicing
Pics for encouragement

Attached: CLD62_1024x.png (1024x1024, 459K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ef9Xuzu3aa0
youtube.com/watch?v=X_DWVUX1xWY&t=1s
youtu.be/3wQ2LzWfhZI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is Jow Forums, the weapons board. If you're looking for the best kind of stick to play with your dog is, ask /an/

is there any way we will overturn all the fucking shitty laws that democraps passed based on 80's ninja and blacksploitation hollywood movies?

nunchucks are illegal in dozens of states. along with ninja stars, brass knuckles, dirks, etc. how in the fuck does the "2nd amendment never foresaw muh rapid fire AK-15s with 100 round banana mags" argument justify the banning of literal pieces of wood?

fuck liberals. people should be able to larp as ninja turtles if they want to

As of 2018, the case remains ongoing in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, with District Attorney Madeline Singas as the sole named defendant. Singas has argued that nunchaku are "dangerous and unusual" weapons that may be banned totally even for peaceful use in martial-arts practice or home defense

>dangerous and unusual
>unusual

two pieces of wood are unusual weaponry and therefore highly dangerous even for peaceful use and practice. the founding fathers would have wanted them banned and certainly did not think that 2 pieces of wood, being so dangerous and unusual, would be covered by the 2nd amendment which states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

makes sense!

Attached: thanks obama.gif (250x188, 1024K)

As a responsible gun owner, I support common sense control of assault sticks.

>What tips for practicing
Enjoy the bruised and chipped epicondyles. After you're done looking cool, go get the shit beaten out of you at an Arnis school instead.

they are just okinawan version
of youtu.be/ef9Xuzu3aa0

please do not beat your dog with ninja farmer weapons

Unless you actually practice striking a suitable object (i.e. a punch/kick bag) you will have no idea how they rebound from hitting a target, making using them in a fight just as dangerous to you.
Otherwise, they're great for flashy displays once you know what you're doing, but impractical against pretty much anything other than small knives.

and yet the NY attorney general leftist bitch says they are "dangerous and unusual" weapons which should be banned

>dangerous and unusual
He's not exactly wrong.

Hey friend, I recommend getting a foam/rubber pair and a real set. Make sure to decide on chain or cord, as there are slight differences. Cord is more traditional, if that matters. When it comes to practice, decide what your goal is. Do you want to learn tricks and spins? Get some speedchucks and practice passes for a while. For normal or combative use, do a ton of basic swings over and over. Actually just made a nunchaku related vid, so I'll leave it here. Chucks are pretty fun and you wont't get hurt if you put time in and don't show off. Unfortunately, as most posts are talking about, weapon laws have an idiotic bias towards innocent ninjas due to 80s stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=X_DWVUX1xWY&t=1s

Realistically the nunchucks are actually an good weapon for silent executions. Come up behind somebody and use it like a nutcracker across their throat. You can totally crush their windpipe and cause massive trauma. You could pretty much kill somebody this way within a few seconds.

>What are the best kinds
they should be custom measured to fit the user.

heres mine, the smaller ones with the long chain are my favorite. I made the long ones.

Attached: 30121097_10200567427173676_2087086907_n.jpg (448x800, 52K)

Could be fun. But be prepared to wave your front teeth goodbye.

I'm a ninja AMA

Did you put this candy in my pocket?

don't hit your wang

why are ninja weapons banned with felony penalties in almost every state when they are all just either pieces of wood or something with a blade? while every state allows at least some form of gun?

I shared a cell with a guy who carried nunchucks when he was selling weed. He was a pretty cool guy. I think we should encourage people learning all sorts of weapons in stead of just guns. I think it's fucking great. I only know how to use my hands and my guns so if you gave me a nunchuck I would put it down and just use my hands. I don't have any advice but I want to give you some encouragement.

I wish I had HEMA friends.

You're not ready to become a master.

Attached: nunchucks.jpg (625x475, 132K)

OR just using piano wire like a non-autistic person

Me with chucks several years back. youtu.be/3wQ2LzWfhZI

Attached: bruce lee arizona.jpg (876x602, 156K)

Pro tip: it's a flail. Use it like one.

You hold it by one end and hit them with the other, using the leverage for more impact. Don't hold it right next to the chain and spin it around like a kung fu movie.

this is actually pretty good, how much practice did that take to learn