Glockfag btfo

Glockfag btfo

>"He grabbed [the pistol], was unable to make it fire,” Hovinga said. “There was not a round in the chamber, so the gun was empty. He couldn’t make the gun work.”

wyofile.com/10mm-glock-fully-functional-in-fatal-grizzly-attack/?fbclid=IwAR3bLrvVSzQMnKEC9G4Ryxhd77ZLF5TeRLsZ9nuI9tt6PAn7DuhTJ3exTqE

Attached: Keked.jpg (1044x1256, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wyofile.com/10mm-glock-fully-functional-in-fatal-grizzly-attack/?fbclid=IwAR3bLrvVSzQMnKEC9G4Ryxhd77ZLF5TeRLsZ9nuI9tt6PAn7DuhTJ3exTqE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Not keeping a round chambered
jesusfuckingchrist
fucking why? Fuddlore is literally killing people. Have a round chambered, put it in a GOOD holster or retaining whatever that won't pull trigger. DONE, you're going to be okay.
Also, like that youtube vid of that charging bear being shot to shit, they don't run in perfect circles, of course it's going to be hard to get a perfect aim.

User error is the guns fault?

Yes because Glock you glockfaggot

Attached: Glockknife-snow-camo-1024x675.jpg (1024x675, 242K)

A hunter that couldn't fire a glock.......

Probably because it was a new/inexperienced shooter, didn't fully trust the firearm, was sold the glock on perfection(TM) memes and sold the 10mm on lolbears. Not saying he would've lived with a manual safety handgun, but flipping the safety is easier and faster than pulling the slide, and he might've trusted it with a round in the chamber.

He also could've been super experienced meme lord and thought he was a Mossad special agent going Israeli style on the bear.

Memes get you killed

Not a glockfag but it seems like a retard got killed but not carrying his gun loaded, I don't see anything wrong with the gun

Attached: 136e440d2460ce327ebad0a1031e05c9.jpg (350x250, 59K)

>wHy Do U nEeD tO kEeP a RoUnD cHaMbErEd

>There was not a round in the chamber

Empty chamber carry fags completely and irrevocably BTFO forever. It was obvious already that carrying without a round chambered is fucking dumb, but hopefully this convinces any of your brainlets who still do it to reconsider.

>Investigators found the Glock and its magazine in different locations, Hovinga told WyoFile. The evidence raised speculation that Chubon might have pushed the magazine release button below the trigger guard thinking it was a safety switch.

lel

>knees weak
>arms heavy
>bear charging already
>pull trigger
>nothing
>fuck, maybe the safety is on
>push what I think is the safety
>*click-CLUNK*
>what the
>look down
>ohfuckisthatmymagazine.jpg
>the bear cometh

Christ what an absolute awful few final moments, that’s bad dream levels of incompetence

Attached: 3AA20FCB-299E-4A0B-B7D0-CD108C4FB1C2.jpg (640x640, 195K)

It's sad, I don't discount for the very rare cases of factory guns taking a shit and malfunctioning due to slip in QC or some other freak accident, but that guy was literally betting probability of needing to use a gun in a bear attack vs. faulty factory glock hiccup.
EVEN if a glock 20/29/40 I was carrying in a chest pack were to go off and I was hurt. If I don't die from the shot, I can at least go on to sue glock for their slip of quality, granted I don't change anything to the gun or anything of my own doing.
A bear? You can't fucking sue a bear. Shit, I'd be more sad from the bear getting killed after killing me because the bear doesn't fucking know any better.

>bear charging at you
>gun won't shoot
>fumble with the gun
>drop your mag
>mfw
nightmare fuel

Attached: 1542419691384.jpg (790x767, 157K)

This is why unless you're well-trained a revolver is better in a self-defense situation. You're less likely to fatally fuck up. Racking the slide and pressing a safety button is too difficult for most people when they're in full panic mode.

or he could have kept a round in the chamber and just pulled the trigger/safety

I wasn't saying anything disparaging towards glocks outside the usual shitpost, only that he might've trusted a manual safety over the trigger safety.

no you fuckass, the guy was carrying his fucking gun UNCHAMBERED in bear country. Fuck, if you own a modern day pistol from a reputable manufacturer without making autistic amounts of modifications to it, practice good safety, and have it in a nonshit holster, you shouldn't be carrying unchambered for animal or human.
This article is literally fuddlore directly killing someone.

Yea. I mean the most popular and available 10mm auto loading pistol is the glock, so I can't really imagine most skim-the-surface gun people would know of the other 10mm offerings.
To be fair, I remember reading of an older article of a guy killing a brown bear (starved condition, though) with his 10mm glock.

Ill never understand why people carry guns without a round in the chamber

>listed as 10mm auto
>however fully auto variants are only available to law enforcement

This is what people are talking about when they say fudd.

either
glockfag+glock=failure

The thing is, it's just nightmare fuel unless you're a tard.

>these reporters

Attached: 1521320272128.gif (200x200, 833K)

>jew carry fags

Attached: bl.png (1416x1600, 606K)

>glock 18 in 10mm

Attached: 1527301218860.jpg (432x585, 173K)

>it's real
what the fuck

Attached: 43087133_981485748723498_3164935385805488128_n-1.png (58x63, 4K)

>knees weak
>palms sweaty
>bear charging already
>moms spaghetti

I'm going to preface this saying even if the dude had his gun drawn before the charge the article describes the line of sight being such they had no vision of the bear until it was right on top of them even though they heard it coming. People have been killed by a grizzly bear charge in open field with rifles drawn, there is nothing here indicating they wouldn't of been mauled to death even with the gun out.
This article if fucking annoying to read through since they keep referring to the 2 men as multiple names. Maybe I'm not reading this correctly but it seems that the guide who owned the gun was assaulted first and the other person ran to get the gun. His failure in the understanding of its use couldn't get it to fire and then a few seconds later the bear bites his ankle and swings him around the air. He tries to throw the gun to the other guy but it doesn't make it to him. He then abandons the scene to make a call for help while the other person tries to use the bear spray but is ultimately killed.
The owner of the gun should of never taken his chest rig off but I understand why when field dressing a large animal. The real problem here seems that a person who wasn't familiar at all with the handgun tried to use it and was subsequently thrown around which was probably also when the magazine dropped. I feel so bad for the dude who was left behind, his battle bud in that scenario totally dropped the ball and he was left there.

>2018
>Not teacupping your handgun for maximum effectiveness against bears

I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Attached: 1534039538804.png (407x416, 10K)

you don't want one?

That guy didn't die though. Only the guide died

> didn't fully trust the firearm
Don't carry if that's the case.

This is why glocks suck, there is no manual safety, so you have to chose between carrying an empty chamber and blowing your leg off.

I don't know the percentages, but large swaths of people who own pistols never ever ever practice drawing from a holster and firing at their range. Partly because they think they don't need to, and partly because the range owners are terrified to let them try.

Well maintained militia my ass.

Unless the bear grabbed him by the throat, he should have had enough time to rack the slide with one hand. I think he panic'd or the bear pulled him / knocked the gun out of reach. I edc pocket carry a shield, but I've been practicing cc my full size .45acp gun in this winter weather. Much easier to conceal a 4" barrel with coats and clothing that ride below the waist. When enough 10mm guns are produced that aren't a glock or 1911 variant, I'll get one in that caliber too.

Glocks fucking work
Most anti glock faggots are just spitting bullshit because they never pulled triggers.

Probably aussie faggots sitting behind their emu army.

>while the other person tries to use the bear spray but is ultimately killed.
BUT YOU JUST NEED BEAR SPRAY

Tell him that

try not pulling the trigger while holstering, retard.

You motherfuckers should donate. This man lived the outdoors as any upstanding white man should. Support his white children

the gun functioned as designed but as usual it was the owner that dun fuked-up, this is Darwinian theory in action

Or just carry a pistol that can be safely carried with a live round in the chamber, like a 1911.

>Unloaded gun does not fire
>GLOCKS BTFO AHAHAHAAA

Attached: 1487967882931.gif (600x600, 899K)

>le master race gets killed by fauna

because glawk paranoia. glocks aren't forgiving retard friendly guns. it should be as safe as any double action without a safety, but there's no hammer to thumb, the pull is light, and the trigger safety switch is basically always going to be caught on anything that also snags the trigger. usually a stray finger. you actually have to train with them so drawing and reholstering is perfect. so people carry them empty instead of training with them.

Operator error.

I'm pretty sure Mossad do not abide by Israeli Carry in this day, if they ever did, that was always an IDF thing.
There's really no good reason to Israeli Carry with a personal firearm that you're familiar with.

Attached: israeli carry.png (794x1312, 91K)

Bears don't care about boomer calibers.

thanks reddit, I didn't get the joke until you completely spelled it out for me.

Or just buying a better gun. With a safety.

>you actually have to train with them so drawing and reholstering is perfect
Oh wow, you have to be super perfect at it. More glockenspiel bullshit, only in this case its going full butthrut about the glockenspiel meme, and just straight removing standard features. Like a fucking safety.

I you are only capable of carrying safely with a "cocked and locked" handgun you should not be allowed to own guns

The guy was a hunting guide in Bear Country. The one that tried to shoot was the nogunz archer fag he had with him, after Fucknuts McGhee took it off his person to skin an Elk and kept it well away from him and Nogunz. Guy should have known better than anyone to keep it on your person and ready to remove Pooh, and now he's a dead fool.

Glocks were never made for retarded randos. They were made for millitary and LE customers in mind. The kinds of guys who were pinning the grip safeties on their 1911s.

They're not bad because of this. If it weren't an advantage to have a simpler gun, people wouldn't want one with lives and wars on the line. You just have to hold yourself to the standards of the people they are meant for and use a high quality rigid holster in good condition, keep it free of obstructions when in use, and practice with it. Fighting organizations can make the trade off between human ability and mechanical aids.

Basically anything with a trigger-actuated firing pin block is going to be safe as all fuck though, cocked or halfcock/hammer down DA. Even if the hammer is accidental cocked from DA, the safety gets pushed off, the sear slips, and you have the grip safety pinned, the hammer shouldn't touch the striker unless the trigger is also pulled. Sorry series, 70 fans but your gun sucks.

>inb4 but half cocked glock striker
glocks with improperly installed, missing, or defective firing pin blocks have been made to fire when banged against the ground. the firing pin block is the most significant safety system in a glock.

> Removing safety
Not him. Want me to list all the guns without a manual safety? I'll leave out the DA/SA guns for brevity.

It's becoming standard across duty pistols, with DA/SA becoming the alternate. I don't expect manual safeties to be a thing going forward for much longer.

>"duty pistols"
>leaving out anything with a hammer

Soldier larp guns are made to government demands. Don't buy a soldier larp gun. Problem solved.

When was the last time any of you shot from the holster at 25 yds with a timer

If you could just highlight that you want to shitpost from the beginning, it would save everyone else a lot of time. Anime girl reaction images maybe?

I have, and I didn't like my times one bit.

>falling for Glock Jewry

i only carry 10mm DA/SA with a manual safety all day every day.

Attached: IMG_8342.jpg (1600x1200, 1.27M)

t. bear

Attached: 1541333110152.png (500x500, 235K)

>mixing ammo
triggered

Attached: PH.jpg (408x754, 187K)

Do you have a valid reason based in a functional advantage, besides "you don't have to remember to use a thumb switch" (but you have to do everything else absolutely perfectly), to only consider striker fired "duty pistols" and ignore standard DA/SA and SAO hammer-fired guns entirely?

Keep in mind you are not an army recruit with a sub-100 IQ or the dead idiot in the news article.

Attached: smug anime girl.jpg (1280x720, 318K)

>Glocks were never made for retarded randos. They were made for millitary
Which is it?
>It's becoming standard across duty pistols
>Everybody is being as stupid as me, weeeee
No, he doesn't. He's just another Glock shill. I dont know why. No advantages in reliability, functionality, and the aesthetics are pure garbage. They aren't even that cheap, with Hi Points existing. If Hi Point made a double stack pistol, the Glock would have nothing going for it. Nothing.

So what exactly stopped him from racking the slide to chamber a round?

Here we go again

Attached: 1528024748029.webm (640x352, 1.51M)

But wait, there's more!

Attached: 33945042_351700288688855_1300652246879307687_n.webm (640x360, 2.89M)

ow my balls

>Glocks were never made for retarded randos.
>They were made for millitary and LE customers in mind.
Choose one.

the millitary is made up of retarded randos, but they're practiced retarded randos who draw and reholster over and over again for hours a day in return for taxpayer money. and they keep their holsters clear.

most cases of glock leg involve bad holster design (the military cuts that out by not buying "ultra slim comfort carry 2000"s and uses big ugly plastic boxes) and retards who never once practiced (which the millitary does). glocks are fine, if not ideal, there. especially since they're very cheap when bought in bulk. a gun with a hammer and mainspring is automatically more expensive than one with a spring loaded firing pin with a bit that catches on a sear just because it's a more complex system.

>They aren't even cheap

Glock spends less than $100 on making each gun and sells them for over five times that on the open market. If you get a contract discount you bet your ass they're cheap.

I mean, these are the same people who say gun crime is the guns fault too...

>crotch carrying
Niggers in Disguise.

Personally i prefer something with a safety for AIWB carry for peace of mind, but striker control devices are a thing for glocks and do help a lot with the odds of an ND.
There's safe enough and then there's safer. Your post is just is machismo bullshit.
>The kinds of guys who were pinning the grip safeties on their 1911s.
>the kind of guys who would negligently disable a handguns primary drop safety for no real reason
Sounds about right.
>"you don't have to remember to use a thumb switch" (but you have to do everything else absolutely perfectly)
The underlying logic of the "safeties are just a liability" argument is truly breathtaking. A huge red flag for revealing zoomer larpers too, the kind of guy who carries 60rnds every day IWB, keeps a truck rifle incase he has to stop an active shooter, and really can't afford "the extra time" flicking off a safety takes.

>If you get a contract discount you bet your ass they're cheap.
>Guys, come on, just buy loads of shit. It great, shit is awesome when bought by the truckload
No dumbass, we ain't farming, we're shooting.

It's like they're noguns and can't even afford a used RIA 1911 GI model.

A proper firing grip on a 1911 or similar gun holds the safety down and flips it off if it isn't already. How can you be on this board if you haven't even rented one of the most popular handguns ever made at a range?

Forgot my glockfag repellent

Attached: smug anime girl.gif (250x278, 631K)

>david my son
>you are general now, you must choose gun for officer
>will you pick dependable glock for $250 per unit
>or stippled engraved target 1911 for $810 per unit and no spare parts

>wyofile.com/10mm-glock-fully-functional-in-fatal-grizzly-attack/?fbclid=IwAR3bLrvVSzQMnKEC9G4Ryxhd77ZLF5TeRLsZ9nuI9tt6PAn7DuhTJ3exTqE
>Uptain’s 10mm Glock semi-automatic pistol was with a pack and shirt a short distance away
Not the best tactics in grizzly bear country. What a retard.

What shitty holster is thst?

Smug anime girls are the best.

Attached: 1508637711601.jpg (1200x1175, 549K)

The chucklefuck left his gun "with a pack and shirt a short distance away" and yet had enough time to reach it, carrying without one in the chamber wasn't the problem here. The problem was his absolute lack of proficiency, all of this could be avoided if he simply racked the slide.

Moral of the story: Carry in whatever way you want, but never take it off until you are back home and train with it.

>Before the two began field dressing the elk, “the guide removed an automatic pistol that he carried in a chest holster as well as his shirt and left them with the two men’s packs a short distance up the hill from the carcass…”

All these chair commandos chiming in who've never even held a gun let alone gone hiking into mountainous grizzly bear territory.
Even if the dude who owned the gun had it drawn instead of his helper the bear would of most likely still mauled them.

The guide was the owner of the glock. The guide made the ultimately fatal mistake of removing his chest rig and gun and leaving it aside before returning to process the elk carcass. When the bear charged, it was the client who reached the gun in the chest rig but due to lack of training, and the gun apparently being unchambered, couldn't get it to fire.

So let's review this critical fucking error: the guide had an unchambered glock in a chest rig, which he removed and placed away from an elk carcass he was processing

Born and raised in Alaska. Carrying an unchambered glock in a chest righ which you remove and set aside while cleaning carcass in bear country is "negger wtf you doing" tier

>carry pistol unloaded because you're not confident with using it safely
>don't even carry it
>die

real chair commandos carry battle rifles for hunting

>1-2moa accuracy good enough for deer
>iron sights best sights git gud
>always keep rifle with you using milsurp sling
>magdump into any bear that looks at you
>308 stopping power
>bears face when 308
>inb4 too much recoil
>inb4 going deaf
>what did you say?

Attached: bf1d350d0ef99d7e358915dd6918e6cb.jpg (500x191, 19K)

I think the issue was the dude he was guiding took the gun and attempted to use it, failed, threw the gun to him(the guide/Glock owner) but it didn't reach and gtfo leaving the empty gun for the guy but not before dropping the magazine before he threw it.

Carrying without a round in the chamber is fucking stupid.

this better be a video showing the shitty quality of the holster.

also where's the dingus on the trigger?

^this
Three safties automatically disengage with trigger pull and nothing in the pipe...in Grizz Country...Natural selection.

Everytime you handle it, check the chamber. Practice clearing a stovepipe. Smack the mag, rack the slide. Shotgun and slugs in grizz bear country with a big boy caliber pistol as a backup. Or just let a big stinky omnivore shit you out innawoods.

He can do you one better, he wasn't even carrying his unchambered gun

If you pause at 0:13, you can see somethings punctured the inside plastic shell and is sticking inside the holster. That's all I can figure is pushing the trigger.

Exposed hammers or strikers, or the gadget, are looking like money well spent.

>Everytime you handle it, check the chamber.
But Jow Forums told me only try-hard Tacticool Timmy's who whine about front slide serrations amd watch Michael Mann films press check.

Are you telling me I should actually not just trust that bullets are in there? Are we just going to admit our memory is that bad?

This is why I have a P30SK. Love it, but it's a shame HK still struggle with capacity. For all practical purposes it's the same size as a 19 but only 10rd mags

Unless you want the shorter back grip profile for eaaier concealment, the 15 rounders are no longer than a 10 round with pinky extension.

Right, I'm just talking about size comparison between the two with factory mags each gun ships with.

Glockbois are notorious for unsafe trigger modifications. Either they don't understand that the trigger dingus is the only thing preventing AD in a muzzle-up drop, or they believe that they could never drop their gun.
So they superglue it in position, or file the tail off so it doesn't catch, or install some pre-travel adjusting gimmick and reduce pre-travel so that the dingus can't deploy.

>not using a gun with a manual safety

>reduce pre-travel
For a gun known for a short reset, this has to be the stupidest thing ever.

Except for that guy survived. Also he threw the useless gun at the dying man as he left on a horse for help.

Put yourself in the bear's paws. He just had the best day ever.

Usually, yeah, but not always -- some women and handlets may actually benefit from reduced pretravel by being able to place their trigger finger mid-pad initially, instead of having to reach with the tip of their finger and crawl onto it as they take up the pre-travel.
But there's a right way and a wrong way to do it -- shortening the trigger dingus's tail so it still engages, and checking that the cruciform is still on the shelf, and the firing pin block still engaged, you can tailor them for short fingers without making them a deathtrap.

Those 3 "safeties" aren't traditional safeties in the sense that they don't prevent any kind of negligent discharges. By virtue of you saying, "Three safties automatically disengage with trigger pull" makes them not actual safeties. A more accurate term would be mechanical fail blocks. They're there for a mechanical failure within the gun that covers the manufacturer's ass. The trigger dingus isn't a safety you operate so much as it's a drop safety. The fact you depress it to fire the gun is irrelevant, it's purpose is for when the gun is dropped. If you added an internal drop safety somewhere else and removed the dingus, it would be equally safe. It's not there to stop foreign objects or you from accidentally discharging the gun.

You discounting the value of a traditional manual safety you intentionally operate to "unlock" the gun is basically saying, "Just don't let the trigger get pulled 4head". Carrying a glock with a friction retention holster is the same as carrying a 1911 with the safety off.

Attached: come_in_children_complete.png (1058x857, 3.48M)