/KMG/ Jow Forums media general: Jow Forumsomfy reading edition

/KMG/ Jow Forums media general: Jow Forumsomfy reading edition.
The purpose of this general is to suggest books, movies, shows and games that have accurate depictions of weapons, tactics and abilities. The goal of this general is to familiarize noguns and underage lurkers with the subject, increase knowledge of existing Jow Forumsommandos and to promote discussion of hypothetical events/tech.
>video games
This list will change as the general continues but the current games often talked about so far are:
Arma 3
Squad
Stalker
Tannenburg/verdun
Day of infamy
Escape from Tarkov
Wargame series
Hearts of iron series
War of rights
>movies/shows
Some discussed here have been:
Band of Brothers
The Pacific
Lord of war
Generation Kill
Der untergang/downfall
>books
Have had some great recommendations for literature some discussed are:
With the Old Breed
Storm of Steel
One bullet away
Low Level Hell
The 12th SS
The last full measure
One soldiers war
The first and the last
Black Edelweiss
The forgotten soldier
All Quiet on the Western Front
Catch 22
The Things they carried
Dispatches
Blackhawk Down
From door to door
Starship troopers
Across the fence
>please use this general for all media related threads like:
What gun did a movie make you want?
Could _______ from movie/game/book be possible?
Name a better Jow Forums movie/book/game.
Ect

Attached: videoblocks-us-marine-talking-on-radio-while-reading-from-notebook_srduobklm_thumbnail-full01.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1546651955
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>squad
>no project reality
???

Bumping

Project reality is a dying game that isn't easy to jump into, it's probably better to just promote squad.

Also bumping

Attached: 1542744190366.jpg (1600x915, 265K)

Read them. Then download the Army SMCT PDFs and read those.

Attached: k_books.jpg (1660x1125, 233K)

I do like tribe, haven't read those other books yet,
>Then download the Army SMCT PDFs
Thanks for the advice user, what are these

Soldier's manual of common tasks. Step by step instructions for how the Army does things, from securing/fortifying an area to qualifying with an M4 to first aid. If you enlist expect to be doing and then teaching these tasks.

I'm 27 with a college degree and out of shape, I missed my chance but these will still be very useful, thanks user.

I enlisted at age 26 and turned 27 during basic training. If you want to do it, you definitely can. And you're welcome.

Attached: pepearmy.png (1000x1000, 939K)

Daily reminder that tannenburg is Jow Forumsomfy

Attached: tan3-620x349.jpg (620x349, 65K)

Did you have a degree? What are you doing now?

I did not. Now I am pursuing a degree in theology. I hope to serve again as an Army chaplain.

Gotcha, it's a hard decision for me because I'd have to leave the life I set up for myself. But it was my dream and still feels like a need to me. If it wasn't for the timing of me coming to age I wouldn't have this decision to make now. Anyway thanks user sorry for the blogpost.

So comfy

Attached: download (7).jpg (1024x576, 313K)

No worries my man, I hope you do that which satisfies you.

Joe Haldeman's The Forever War is another rec.

Attached: wojaktheforeverfeel.png (1056x1283, 116K)

I've heard of the forever war a lot, what is it about?

Earth's best and brightest are conscripted to fight space war.

Due to time dilation by the time he's out everyone who isn't homosex is a hive mind of one dude named Phil

based and redpilled. Read it.

shh

It's fine, the interesting part of the book is how we get there anyway

Literally what?

Anyone who is interested in the Indian wars or frontier life in general needs to give Scalp Dance a read.

It's one of the best books on Indian Warfare I've ever read.

Attached: scalp dance thomas goodrich.jpg (184x274, 11K)

We need a reading list infographic.

Since we are talking about reading lists, how do you guys feel about the general Mattis reading list?

I found The Forever War to be highly overrated.

James Wesley comma Rawles is a fun read. Although I doubt he actually exists at this point.

Attached: jwr.jpg (500x500, 70K)

Moving at near light speeds does funky things with time.

Say he served for like 10 years(from his perspective), but every six month rotation lasted 50-10,000 years from ours depending on how long he was in transit.

You go out, set up a listening post and an FOB or go assault an enemy hardpoint, come home, and it's 250 years later even though you've only been out for a few weeks.

Everything obviously changes a lot over that period and by the end of the war when he gets out humanity that wasn't deployed/in transit is either a sterilized homo or one of billions of Phil.

Read the book, it's a hoot. Wrote it to deal with how alienated he felt after coming back from Vietnam, and reads like a Vietnam movie in a lot of ways.

Hey, ever read Orphanage?

They send earths elite to fight aliens, and because of time bullshit one deployment of a year for them is a couple years on earth (at first). Also they get cool space suits but gay little finger guns.

no, what is it?

I'm assuming its fiction

copy-pasted
>Mankind's first alien contact tears into Earth: projectiles launched from Jupiter’s moon, Ganymede, vaporize whole cities. Under siege, humanity gambles on one desperate counterstrike. In a spacecraft scavenged from scraps and armed with Vietnam-era weapons, foot soldiers like eighteen-year-old Jason Wander-orphans that no one will miss-must dare man’s first interplanetary voyage and invade Ganymede.

It's fairly believable for a space sci-fi. They use jury-rigged space shuttles and stuff.

>be me
>launch wargame for the first time
>play tutorial
>move armor to flank
>catch enemy by surprise
>my armor still gets btfo
>haven't played since because so buttblasted
What do I do?

Attached: images (3).jpg (300x168, 7K)

Is there any game that has a stalker atmosphere that's more casual?

Attached: SAGD6dA.jpg (679x1024, 250K)

What games are you playing/k/?

Attached: Arma3.jpg (1280x720, 537K)

Are you insinuating that STALKER is some kind of hardcore autismfest?

Attached: wat.jpg (374x347, 39K)

>"HEH, WELL I MAY BE A WHITE BOY, BUT I *KNOW* THAT MY BLACK, BROWN, ASIAN, AND JEWISH *BROTHERS IN ARMS* WILL ALWAYS *HAVE MY BACK* IN A FIGHT"

I literally could not hate you naive, ignorant little infants more than I do already. White men are the most gullible, retarded, spoiled, unintelligent people on the planet. And you are going to disappear because every other race is here to consume you and your bitch, and you're too busy welcoming them in and paying them to do it.

whoops wrong thread. point stands when applied to "civic nationalists" who think that the 3rd worlders want to be friends with white guys.

No but I would like a chill game in that atmosphere, not a game where I have to go back to a save every 4 minutes.

git gud

>stormfag spamming racial propaganda so hard hes posting in the wrong thread .
Kek

Never said I don't play stalker too.

Why is squad the only game I stick to consistently?

Attached: abrams1.jpg (1920x1080, 743K)

Is Holdfast any good? It's 50% off right now.

If you get it let me know, I'm Also interested.

>promote a paid game instead of a free one
hello shill!
and no, they're based on the same ideas with slightly harder controls because of BF2 engine

definitely cause of the realism of the audio. visuals bring people in, audio retains ‘em.

Realize the AI is basically cheating. They know where you are, what you deployed and where you are deploying to.

The AI was always trash. The game is purely for MP.

PR is incredibly clunky and has poor gun play. The engine its made on was not designed to do what the PR guys want it to do. Yet they still tried and it was a valiant effort. But at the end of the day, PR is a glitchy clunky mess that has too much shit shoved into an incredibly dated engine.

I have at least 600 hrs in PR, 1000+ in BF2, 500 in 2142, and 0 in Squad. So fuck off with your shill bullshit.

>game with tiny population on outdated engine that won't promote/k/ attitudes to the younger generation.
>game with ever growing population, on modern engine that is continually changing and will eventually be the same level of content as previous game.
Honestly everyone should be playing squad now.

Attached: images (2).jpg (300x168, 8K)

The audio is pretty/k/omfy

You should play squad, we need PR players in the community and once you make the jump you will realize even more than you already have why people are promoting it.

Oh really? That makes sense then.

I bought it and have it downloaded. I just havent had the time to sit down and play.

It can be pretty scary at times too, especially if you're pinned down in a gunfight. They did well with the suppression system.

Since no one has posted it yet

Attached: the list.jpg (2827x2864, 900K)

Fucking checked

Attached: avatars-000236293087-1oi2n4-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 32K)

Attached: eRYpM4a.jpg (372x261, 47K)

Attached: 1hlkzt.jpg (455x256, 24K)

>Not marking Red Dawn as a documentary.

You had one job, and ya fucked it up royal.

It's less aimless with the new updates. Still feels much like a meatgrinder, but that's by design.

I have a PVE Arma3 Exile server with a 1950's setting. WWII and early Vietnam gear and vehicles. More about scavenging, building and crafting. I aim to keep it komfy. Screenshot is a player I was spectating while he was fending off an AI patrol.

Attached: 20181023205738_1.jpg (1920x1080, 472K)

It's missing Jeremiah Johnson under innawoods and Spartan under Action/Espionage

All David Ayer movies except Suicide Squad are Jow Forums too

The Package is a decent 1980s Cold War espionage movie too

I didn't make the image, I just keep it on hand anytime a Jow Forums movie thread comes up.
I agree with all points though. End of Watch was especially good.

>All David Ayer movies except Suicide Squad are Jow Forums too
Even Bright?

Bright is good if you've ever wondered what a live-action D&D movie set in present day would be like.

You mean live-action Shadowrun.

Eh, Bright doesn't have nearly enough of a cyberpunk vibe to be considered a Shadowrun rip

Still, it's the closest we're ever going to get to a Shadowrun movie.

ip/port? I fucking love exile, 2500+ hours. Is it on A3 launcher?

It is on A3Launcher, search 'Gravelton'. Population has been consistent ebb and flow, likely due to the mods involved but I think it's a good mix and plays differently than the modern weapons you usually get with Exile.

IP/Port is 192.154.228.200:2302
Mod collection- steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1546651955

Now with trains and cable cars because why the heck not.

Attached: 20181111220719_1.jpg (1920x1080, 517K)

I've not had luck finding a way to pair heads with uniforms for the AI factions, so sometimes VC stands for 'Victor Chavez'.

Attached: 20181026184553_1.jpg (1920x1080, 818K)

wew lad, I haven't ever tried using those trains and cable cars. My steam name is just Michael, lmk if you see me in game lol.