Kinda Jow Forums related but not really...

Kinda Jow Forums related but not really. Any police officers on here willing to share their opinion on being a career cop? Im coming out of my last two years in the military and have always wanted to be a cop.

Attached: Police lipsync_1531815367987.JPG_92574404_ver1.0_640_480.jpg (640x437, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JoIRfA-TahE
youtube.com/watch?v=vM0IOHiZSl4
youtube.com/watch?v=TVt2CJewjFE
youtube.com/watch?v=0WjYitGWrYg#t=3336
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cops aren’t your friend and will carry out gun confiscation

It depends on the agency. Some agencies like down south pay shit. Some agencies up north pay very well. And of course you have shit like office politics and different clientele where you live. Where were you looking into law enforcement?

Really gunning for NYPD, if not then back home in Waukegan (Chicago Suburb)

>the two worst cities in which to be a LEO

You’ll burn out in 5 years.

Attached: 9940205C-0FB4-4F77-892B-FBB592D73D16.jpg (960x960, 130K)

I heard small town sheriff life is relaxing and easier. I just personally prefer noise pollution and people.

>NYPD
you'll get killed by your own

Source?

Bump

Both are fat fucks. One thing I can't stand is fat cops.

Bump. I’m also curious, I think I wanna take some online classes. I think I wanna be a deer and fish cop

First suggestion is don't be a cop, failing that be a Sheriff's deputy in a small town. That way you won't be some undiagnosed PTSD needle dick demon that's ready to shoot niggers on sight and spends most of his day tax farming the populace.

Started out with a big city (1200+ commissioned personnel), moved to a small (48 commissioned personnel) sheriff's office after a couple years, been here 5 years now. Will do some pros/cons.
City cop (especially big city):
Pros;
- Usually better pay
- Usually better equipment/training
- More opportunities for career progression
- Depending on city, opportunities to do cool shit with cool guys like USMS (I spent a year on a task force serving warrants with the marshals on gangbangers and illegals)

Cons;
- You'll get burned out a lot faster
- Population actively hates you
- You serve at the whim of political hacks
- You WILL be used to enforce agendas and unconstitutional policies, unless you get creative in your ways to get around it
- Significantly more likely to encounter nepotism/diversity shit
- Significantly more likely to be placed under command of diversity hires
- Significantly more likely to encounter corruption

Small town/sheriff's office;
Pros;
- More leeway on day to day job
- Better relationship with community
- Generally actually serving public needs rather than enforcing some lefty mayor's agenda or doing revenue collection
- Less major crime so less stress
- (My favorite) more options to actually deal with criminals due to better relationship with community

Cons;
- lower pay
- older equipment (love muh 2007 Crown Vic though)
- less opportunities for training
- way less opportunities for career advancement

(1/2)

Be a firefighter or EMS. Cops are fags and grabbers

>Waukegan
Naperville here. I've heard Chicagoland departments pay very well. Come back home bro, fuck cuck york. Also check out this guy's YouTube if you're interested in Chicagoland policing, he's a cop from calumet city in the south suburbs.
youtu.be/JoIRfA-TahE
He does a wide variety of topics, from policing to gear/caliber reviews, live streams where he answers any questions and gear. He's got a series "dealing with domestic calls" and "how to improve your geography", they were rather entertaining and informative.

Attached: 1541036459412.jpg (1024x694, 215K)

Get into federal le, look on usa jobs. 1811 jobs go up to a non competitive gs 13

Serpico

(2/2)
My day to day work, to give you a better idea.

Big city;
Get to precinct, uniform and gear up. Roll call, get bitched at for arresting druggies shooting up in street. Reminded that we have an insane recruiting/retention crisis. Reminded diversity is our strength. Introduced to new "civil rights advisor" who makes $160k+ and who's entire job is to tell us we're all racist. Listen to lieutenant who was beat cop for exactly 3 years warn us that every call is an ambush. Get in car, spend next 10 hours responding to bullshit. For example, respond to druggies stealing shit from REI. "Oh we don't want to press charges". Respond to yuppy coffee house for heroin addict shooting up in bathroom. Get called a fucking pig/racist/fascist by the people who called me. Deal with nogs randomly fighting/brandishing guns at people, arrest them and find them released less than 6 hours later. Catch illegal with gun, can't tell ICE cause sanctuary city. Have zero chance to actually make a meaningful impact. Go back to station, get bitched at by Sgt cause I didn't do any traffic enforcement. Go home.

Small sheriff's;
Walk out to driveway, get in my car sign in service. Respond to citizen contacts, grandma needing help with this, Joe Bob upset Jim Bob trimmed his apple tree, deal with town druggies by telling them to fuck off back to their compound. Walk around downtown, chat with people. Hit up local shooting spots to chat with people. Once in awhile get to finger fuck a "semi" automatic AK an old Vietnam vet has. Respond to DV on some farm. Maybe get a DUI. Chat with Sgt or sometimes Sheriff, they commend my on citizen contacts and don't care I do next to zero traffic enforcement. Sign out of service. Go home.

Rural sheriff's offices are what law enforcement should be. Public service. Helping your community members. Not being a tool for politicians to push their agendas at the cost of people's safety and rights.

Ice is always hiring. I think the marshals are too. You make pretty decent money.

Thank you for your cervix , well thought out reply

was the big city Seattle by chance? sounds like a fucking dumpster crawl and not worth the extra cash. thanks for sharing.

Don't. This is the best worst job you could ever wish you didn't have. You get front row tickets to the best shit show on earth but y you're still in a shit show. The Golden age of policing is over and public opinion is having major impacts on policy all over the country. It's fun for a job for a few years but don't make a career out of it. You'll be miserable.

Attached: 20181123_121530.jpg (600x600, 95K)

Thanks now I really want to be a sheriff's deputy like my grandpa was. Maybe in the next county over

Watch The Seven Five
youtube.com/watch?v=vM0IOHiZSl4
youtube.com/watch?v=TVt2CJewjFE

Attached: 06-michael-dowd-seven-five.w710.h473.2x.jpg (1142x760, 50K)

>Ice is always hiring
They posted an open position for 1811 series back in March, they only took for the first 1000 applicants. I'm disappointed they're not hiring more considering what Trump wants to do.

>I think the marshals are too
They post once a year, and they haven't posted a public recruitment since 2016. They largely recruit people from SOF or directly from college.

If you want federal law enforcement you're basically limited to CBP, BPA, DOD Police if you don't have college, often recruiting (FBI, USSS, NCIS, DEA) 1811 jobs if you have a 4 year. DEA is internal recruitment so you need to contact a recruiter directly.

>You make pretty decent money.
Unless you live in a large metro area with bigger COLA, you're going to be starting at $42-51k as a grade 9 to 11, which is a lot lower than city/sheriffs and you don't get pay raises nearly as much.

Federal also sucks because everything, EVERYTHING, is hamstrung by a billion layers of bureaucracy.

Fed here, be prepared for stupid amounts of bureaucracy and politics if you go federal LEO.

Good money though. A lot of the guys I work with are prior military, and unlike Jow Forums would lead you to believe there are a lot of people who are gun enthusiasts in law enforcement and actually take that oath to the constitution and 2nt amendment very seriously.

it depends on what you want to get out of the job, what your personality is like and what department you work for. Its going to vary widely, but if I had to generalize
>small department
>much more relaxed
>pay could be shit
>not a lot of room to advance or desire to do s

>big city
>more politics and bureaucracy that can suffocate you
>much more action, but therefore a lot more dangerous
>better chances to move up in rank or other units
>better chance of something goes down your fellow officers will be more rehearsed then bill bob and his barney fife deputy

theyre all one in the same really. The public can hate you cause youre either a big city cop looking to bust balls or a small town cop looking to fill quotas, though small town cops do get the shit end of the stick with boring calls that can get annoying.
What you need to do is figure out what you want between patrol, investigations, logistics, administration, ect and see who gives you the best deal.
Also, you need to find a healthy way to cope. Learn humility, dont get personal with people, learn to laugh off their hate, get a hobby outside of the job or it'll burn you up and you either wont last or turn into a massive cock by your 4th year

> ywn run your very own RWDS
youtube.com/watch?v=0WjYitGWrYg#t=3336

Attached: Clq0VHxVEAEqiDy.jpg (1200x900, 175K)

You aren't anyone's friend when they need help. You're sitting on your ass rubbing Cheeto dust on your dick while cops are out keeping niggers in check.

OP if you go got it, understand that it is not glamorous. I've been hit, bit, attacked by a guy swinging a BMX bike, had guns pointed at me, tased dudes with knives in their hand, been bled on, peed on my a dead guy while giving CPR, blamed for someone's suicide by the family when she was dead an hour before they even called... For all this you will not get paid well, never get a lunch break, do 3 people's jobs at once and get shit on by higher ups. Then you're gonna get shit on the internet for it by people like Cheeto dust dick over here.

But bitches will want your dick and little kids will think you're cool. You'll also have a lot of stories to tell until you die at 55 dude to heart complications (I'm 26 and I know what the onset of a heart attack feels like). You will legitimately help people in need every so often so it really depends on your priorities. Definitely a career of heavy self sacrifice.

>small department
>much more relaxed

WRONG. I've worked for one of the biggest city departments and it was chill as fuck. Too many employees to supervise everyone so you basically supervise yourself. Small department, everyone breathes down your neck. You can't hide, you have to stay busy. I wrote maybe 2 cites a year in the big city, small town we have a quota of 3 stops a day and they want at least half to result in citations. They'll want you to stay busy all shift so the department looks busy and can get more money from city council. Whereas the big city is already properly funded because it has money.

Based and redpilled

Is it easier to get into a city police department, state police, or small town my only work experience is in construction and I live in commiefornia

That was a damn good documentary.

Yeah what the fuck would any of us do without cops. We are completely powerless to defend ourselves

It's fun. free coffee at the gas station and sometimes I get to shoot people. not that much different than the service really, other than they get pissed off if we draw dicks in the station bathroom

I know several cops, Not a single one of them would carry out mass confiscation.

Then again I do live in Texas.

>unlike Jow Forums would lead you to believe there are a lot of people who are gun enthusiasts in law enforcement and actually take that oath to the constitution and 2nt amendment very seriously.
That has been my experience as well. I don't know a single cop that isn't SERIOUSLY pro 2A

But again, I live in Texas.

You're being sarcastic, and stupid. Some people are powerless to defend themselves. Kids exist, old ladies exist, women in general exist. Are you assuming every person in the world is a non-disabled fighting age male that's willing to fight/kill people to defend himself like you? Not everybody wants to live in an ancap paradise.

Maybe in your state. Here in mine I have more personal guns than our department owns. I've been on the force for more than 10 years and I think whoever tried to confiscate your guns is not filling their oath of office to protect those rights.

Firefighters just sit around and polish their trucks and jackoff until their radio tone drops. EMS is ok, go for paramedic, not just EMT.

Amen... I was a She. At the sheriff's office for several years.. I moved to the PD about 4 years ago and miss riding dirt roads I the county every day. The PD pays more for this rural area.

>Not a single one of them would carry out mass confiscation.

Haha, nice fantasy.

Most of these people are cops because it was the only career path for low IQs that did poorly in high school math.

They can't afford to lose their jobs, and will carry out whatever the state will instruct them to do.

Attached: the-turner-diaries.jpg (600x600, 51K)

>See cop thread on Jow Forums
>Minimal BOODLIGGERS :DDDDD posts
>Actual decent advice and perspective from people

Do my eyes deceive me?

Attached: Ancaps.png (792x525, 30K)

>people still believe the iq myth

>we have a quota of 3 stops a day and they want at least half to result in citations. They'll want you to stay busy all shift so the department looks busy and can get more money from city council.

So you have to meet a quota for wasting citizens' time over victimless crimes

God I hate bureaucracy. Must suck to be a cop.

Speeding is not a victimless crime when it results in an accident.
Traffic violations are not victimless when it results in injury or accident.
In fact, disobeying traffic laws in an unsafe manner means you are disobeying society norms. Those norms being "I'll follow these simple traffic rules so we all don't fucking die."

>That has been my experience as well. I don't know a single cop that isn't SERIOUSLY pro 2A

Same. Most pro2A guys make it to SWAT.

VA

I mean, I’d argue there are a great deal of arbitrary traffic laws but honestly at this point it really just seems like reasonable suspicion to stop degenerates. If you drive like a drunk/stoned asshole, there’s a good chance you are commuting other crimes as well

>we have a quota of 3 stops a day and they want at least half to result in citations

Thats literally 25 minutes out of your day, you lazy fuck.

Im a cop and Growing up all i ever wanted to be was a cop heres is my story, so take it for what its worth

I used to play cops an robbers with my friends, i was always the cop, and i would beat my friends senseless. It was a lotta fun, i also bought into the duddly do right 1950s version of America so i was the kid who would autisticly nark on everyone in class. I really loved the attention to be honest, and the moral superiority that comes with it. When I finally did become a cop i was in sweet water Vermont one of the safest communities in America. But as a rookie you kinda dont give a fuck so i pulled everyone over for every thing and talked to everyone really rudely and as if they where harden criminals, even the victims. i was basically a gigantic ass. After a few write up ive tone down quite a lot though. Instead now i think im a pretty cool cop. In fact thats my new archetype, “the cool cop” im still just as rude and accusatory but now sometimes I’ll say it with a smile or a tag it with a lame joke. I also spend in inordinate amount of time trying to get more money from you the tax payers so i can better harass you for dumb shit. I also like to complain a lot about how hard my job is. But in actual fact i think im a sociopath because i love it im never scared at all and my dick gets hard when i put teenage girls in cuffs, so i find reasons to do it a lot.

So to be honest if you wanna be a cop i would totally recommend it.

Attached: 4B13C77E-89F0-4886-A5ED-9438AA2A644B.jpg (800x600, 307K)

Any Federal LE here? Been thinking about applying for the FBI lately and my resume should be good enough for a special agent position. I speak a critical foreign language as well.

>cops are keeping niggers in check

idk what fucking town you live in but i guarantee its not around a lot of black people. I lived in one of the worst ghettos in Michigan and cops ARE terrified of niggers. I have seen pigs roll past active crime scenes outside of my house. One of which i called them for, they saw the niggers and noped out. They wont protect you to risk there own life and they are HUGE pussies when it comes to niggers. They need three men to one nigger to feel confident in any situation. so Stop memein cuz you really don’t know what the fuck your talking about

I was a cop for as hot minute. I didn't like it. I always felt like the bad guy, because it was my job to enforce bullshit laws that shouldn't exist in the first place. If you just want to carry a gun and kick doors down, sure. If you love paperwork, go for it. If you have morals, maybe explore other career options.

What is your opinion on HSI? I've heard that they are somewhat of a "renegade" agency where they have a lot of power, and yet no clear defined boundaries.

Timestamp and badge, faggot.

Another different user here, probably not able to go military. Can I just apply for a cop job outta college and stand a good chance of being hired? Where should I look to work? Should I try to go for certain agencies/positions?

Am an Eagle Scout and could take time to do other jobs to get experience if needed.

The beauty of America is the agencies/organizations that are best suited to subvert the government actively recruit the most patriotic Americans.

I find it hard to believe most state/federal LEOs would support an unconstitutional order, and the military would outright revolt if ordered to assault the populace without a damn good reason.

Bam

Attached: F32C57AE-7DD7-415D-86DC-BA4F94AE2D5A.jpg (3264x2448, 1.48M)

Jow Forums still has quality, it's just harder to find. Maybe the recent switch to 4channel will start filtering out the Jow Forumstards and vatniks/chinkposters as well.

If you're interested in more quality threads keep an eye out for /PFG/ Pacific Forces General threads, they're great for learning about happenings in the South China Sea and greater Pacific.

I am disappointed with the effort you put into your initial bait but the picture redeems you

Solid 2/10 bait, 7/10 meme bait with pic.

Oh fuck! I’m sorry Officer! I had no idea.

AM I BEING DETAINED? I DO NOT CONSENT! ARTICLE FOUR! I DO NET CONSENT! RAPE! RAPE! REEEEEEEEEEE!

jesus christ sounds like Second City Cop was right.

Any reason you couldn't send ICE an anonymous tip?

>They can't afford to lose their jobs, and will carry out whatever the state will instruct them to do.

They also don't want to die and all they need is one crazy redneck to blast through their door while serving a warrant. The chill cops are just gonna sit in their car and write bullshit reports saying "streets 1-100 swept, zero guns found / confiscated".

Again, depends on where you live. NJ/NY and cops in the big Cali cities would probably have a hard on over orders like that.

lol could aim for one of the less crazy suburbs. Unless you're one of those I wanna make a difference people.

Then pay for 3 men per 1 nog. You can't override human psychology. You also can't expect true perfection, that's true of anything.

The fuck are you on about? It pisses me off when people violate traffic laws. I've been in a couple accidents that were a result of someone doing dumb shit, and a shit ton of close calls. I'd like them to put up more traffic cams as a deterrent because apparently in my city they don't have time to enforce traffic laws unless you're a state trooper not responding to real calls.

>Most of these people are cops because it was the only career path for low IQs that did poorly in high school math.
Yeah it's not the 90s anymore and cops aren't paid minimum wage anymore.

Cops don't have the manpower, money, or fervor to execute a confiscation in the US. It's certainly going to result in violent backlash no matter who you ask. Then on the other hand we have this powerful military and the ability to hire foreign mercenaries. They wouldn't have an issue suspending posse comatatis if they've already suspended 2A. You're the one with the fantasy, but it's half assed. Stop trying to demonize the city employee who legitimately just doesn't want Tyrone to keep robbing stores or Pedro to keep beating up his wife when there's an actual force of ZOGbot killers lingering over you.

>Shit that didn't happen the post
I have to deal with LEO consistently due to the nature of my job and they are lazy fucks. IF you are a beat cop 1% of your job is the tough stuff you are talking about. The rest is 3 hour lunch breaks, being a grown man and letting an elderly person on a fixed income pay for your snacks at the gas station, sitting in your car texting, sitting at roadside construction getting OT and texting.
I can't even tell you the amount of times I hear these officers obliviously break the law and say bs like, "What is anyone going to do? I'm a cop."

All depends on what you like my man. I have some friends that made the jump to PD because they needed more pay. My wife works for a local PD (where I met her), so between she and I we make enough for our two kids. Plus with my schedule I can take care of the kids most days. Personally I don't want to go back to hating myself, I prefer the freedom to actually help my neighbors.

>Muh speed enforcement save lives
There's actually no data to suggest that. In fact, the vast majority of Americans still speed and shit on traffic laws because officers/deputies are too busy to enforce traffic, and there aren't enough troopers to go around. With the exception of DUI stuff, traffic laws are first and foremost revenue collection. It's the reason why cities like Seattle will shove out speed and red light cameras but all that money goes to the general fund. Don't fool yourself, cities see dollar signs.

Ferguson effect my man. It was awful in Seattle. Pro acting policing went out the window because why risk your career and jail time because you had to shoot some street ape after he smashed you in the face?

>Another different user here, probably not able to go military. Can I just apply for a cop job outta college and stand a good chance of being hired? Where should I look to work? Should I try to go for certain agencies/positions?
With a 4 year you'll stand a good chance. Apply to everywhere you can, then once you have the certification lateral to where you really want to work. Keep in mind huge city departments are easier to get on with because they need bodies, but you have a much higher risk of getting burned out. Do ride alongs. Also look at local reserve programs while you're in college, that's what I did for 21-23 before I graduated.

>Any reason you couldn't send ICE an anonymous tip?
I would always ask them "hypothetical" questions. The problem arises when my old jail (King County) won't honor ICE detainers.

Different guy but yeah, depends on where you work. When I was with Seattle in a 12 hour shift I averaged legit 4-5 fights, more on weekends.

Thanks for being a cool sheriff, my hometown had a real good sheriff who never arrested (underage) people at parties, just hung around the place to make sure people weren't driving drunk. Great guy.

I am a little heated right now so I will retract some of what I said. When living in Central Arizona those cops dealt with a lot of shit consistently and were fairly disciplined (depending on municipality). But, where I am in Texas currently they don't seem to want to do a god damned thing.

what if the city cop becomes a detective

Attached: 1527600496231.jpg (806x605, 34K)

What is it about the military and law enforcement that attracts someone like yourself?
Imo it's always asshole who idolize military and leo

Compare their salaries in relation to cost of living.

All the ones I deal with are from major cities in red states with the option of consistent overtime. These guys are getting paid. To be fair I get paid well myself since I require clearance and will submit deliverables to them. But, to be fair the salary means nothing when you swear an oath. Now, don't get me wrong I think I know what you are getting at with the fact that there is a reason focus is put on certain crimes, or certain follow up isn't made due to budget constraints. But, fuck me if LEO by me is a bunch of bastards that are constantly getting arrested or reprimanded for degenerate activity (DUI, Tango Blast/MS13 connections and domestic battery).

Definitely depends on department culture and individual officer. We've got a deputy who's been here for like 30 years, obese as shit treats everyone like shit, totally useless. But we can't get rid of him because the FOP will fight tooth and nail and burn legal money to keep him. So unfortunately it's cheaper to wait until he fucks off. Personally I think he'll get in over his head and catch a bullet at some point.

It's a job, I work to make other's lives safer. If that means I need to put my own at risk, so be it. I think the "thin blue line" mentality is the worst thing to happen to law enforcement.

I hope you like call outs, 80 hour work weeks, and seeing the majority of your cases go either unsolved or mitigated by prosecutors looking for easy wins. I got to work a case with a detective, a gang shooting in my patrol area. I was gung ho, put in tons of OT, we finally got the guy who had priors including two felon in possession of firearm convictions. Arrested and booked for Assault 2 with a deadly weapon. Minimum 10 years. Prosecutor cut guy a plea because "muh improvished upbringing", guy did 6 years. Which in WA is actually 4 years. And he'll probably get out earlier. There's no wonder detectives are some of the crustiest fucks you'll meet.

That said though my agency has four detectives, two are chill dudes, one is a walking 5.11 catalog, and the last is a 62 year old retired Marine who carries an honest to God 1911A1 and looks like Buffalo Bill.

Yeah unions suck, brother.

>But, fuck me if LEO by me is a bunch of bastards that are constantly getting arrested or reprimanded for degenerate activity (DUI, Tango Blast/MS13 connections and domestic battery).
There are definitely departments that are so corrupt they need to be torn down and remade from scratch. As a cop I know this and have seen this, and thankfully the majority hate it. But anyone who says that doesn't happen is either naive or a bootlicker.

Well keep fighting the good fight then

Pretty much sums it up, I thought I would get bored working rural and wanted the "adventure" of urban but constantly being inundated in human garbage gets old fast. Already preparing to lateral.

What the fuck are you faggots smoking?

Attached: 428FA674-CA43-482B-A049-15ED4A149340.jpg (480x360, 24K)

It's fun, but not as fun as before body cams. Before you could talk to people how they deserved, but now you have to worry about appearances. It's still a rewarding career, but one fuck up could send you packing and have you going to trucking school. A lot of the old school guys had a hard time adapting, and a lot of them are getting pushed out for doing shit they used to do all the time, like calling a drunk driver's friend to pick them up or cursing out some domestic violence ho that honestly had it coming.

Try to join a department that offers civil service and has a strong union. With some of the shit I've seen some officers get away with I feel pretty comfortable knowing I could get caught doing something equally dumb and still have a job.

>Nigger police officers constantly caught sleeping on the job
>ALWAYS used as a tool to disarm whites on behest of leftist politicians
>Police kill innocent whites with impunity often in big city’s
>Police unions always shilling to keep prohibition going
B-based cops! Am I right?

Attached: E4D77F0B-2E90-47BE-9958-3E2A763EEE8B.png (680x649, 435K)

OP become a game warden

nice work... but out of speculation, what's your prison census look like? rhetorically, where any of the prior felonies drug related? what effect do drug convictions have on total prison population? would changes in the war on drugs allow violent criminals to serve full sentences?

Not him, but I doubt it. The large US prison population comes at the intersection of our large amount of resources to investigate and arrest criminals, and the large amount of crime we have. Decriminalize drugs and I still believe we'd have enough turds to fill our prisons up. Maybe the violent ones would serve lengthier sentences, but our prisons would still be full of criminals. Shit countries don't have the resources to lock anyone up for any meaningful length of time, and Europe has the resources but not the crime (though migration is changing that).

I'm not a cop, but I work 911 EMS in a big city and a number of my friends and coworkers are or were cops.

The advice I'd give is similar to what I'd say to someone getting into EMS. Go for it, but don't forget about moving up, which will require a college degree at some point. If you love being a cop that's fine, but if you burn out eventually you'll want to be able to move up or out, so you need to be prepared for that if it happens.

One of my partners was a police sergeant and had been a cop for 10 years before becoming a paramedic. He said the worst part about the job was that he started to hate people all the time, after spending so long around rude/angry/violent people.

A lot of our jails and prisons are druggies. Personally, I would prefer community based programs for drug stuff. Drug laws (other than dealing/selling) are largely useless imo. If a dude gets high and assaults someone or robs a place, he's already committing a felony. That dime bag is just an extra 6 months.

It's not that I'm against punishing irresponsible drivers, it's that there's a quota for citations. If everyone is obeying the law and going the speed limit, what happens then?

What about insight on swat teams?

There are no quotas for citations.

keep repeating the party line, fascist.

There actually isn't. SCOTUS has ruled them illegal a few times. BUT, since cities like revenue collection, there is a quota for "citizen contacts". Whether you cite them or not is up to you.

Not necessary anymore imo for the majority of agencies. Only exception I'd say is huge places like LA, NYC, etc that needs them all the time.

>what happens then?
Idk, I'll tell you if that ever happens, which it never does.

If there were no quotas, I wouldn't do traffic bullshit. Period. I didn't have one when I worked for a big city department because we had a dedicated traffic unit, and I didn't do shit in my spare time between calls. There was one fat lazy officer who bragged about having a cite book from the 90s that he hasn't even torn a single cite out of.

Quotas are not to make the department money, we don't see a single dime of it. The money goes to the court and the amount of a traffic fine isn't shit to them. For example, an expensive cite for a dangerous maneuver is like $175. Bail for a DUI is $4,900. Felony shit can get into the $10,000 range or more, I've seen a $50k bond. But $175 apparently matters? I'm sure judges hate wasting time with cites too and would rather do criminal court, it's quite apparent by their attitude when they get stuck with the traffic side of court that day.

The purpose of quotas is to keep the lazy ones from not enforcing traffic violations at all.

check out the admin reprimands that were leaked by (((buzzfeed))) about a year ago. if you thought the green weenie was fucking you, NYPD is ready to take all of your vacation days and withhold pay for simple shit like forgetting your ID.