M9 Love/Hate Thread

Back in the Army in 199X, I got to shoot the M9 a few times. I really liked it, and could put a whole mag into the head of a target. I liked the safety for soldiers (maybe not the best for CCW). Smooth and easy to use, but I was 19 at the time and had barely ever shot a pistol.

Attached: m9.jpg (714x600, 37K)

>sips

First off, you never served faggot
>shooting targets in the head
Whatever.

Second, love the M9.

Hope the army sells them off to civilians now that they have that new Sig pistol

The army is never going to sell any of its weapons to civilians ever again. The high trust society in America is dead and it is not coming back unless the country is at least 80% white

>thinking surplus ammo sales are dictated by race demographics
Go back to your echo chamber dipshit.

>ammo
weapon

Ah but they are indirectly. You gotta go back.

>thinking the government will ever pass up a chance to either make or take a buck

Surplus M9's and M16A1's through the CMP when?

>Surplus M9's and M16A1's through the CMP when

I read somewhere that the government has already stated that they won't even sell surplus M16s to the CMP because muh 'assault weapons'. But I havn't heard anything about M9 sales, so that could be a theoretical possibility.

But, sadly, I hear that a lot of M9s are pretty fucking shot out. That was a real problem at least during the early 2000s when the Bush admin got us involved in another pointless desert war.

Eh, they could yank the auto-switches, but probably wont cause too much time/effort/bullshit

a man can dream right

In AIT it was a legit application. Aim for the head in training to ensure you hit center mass on the qualification.

>Back in the Army in 199X, I got to shoot the M9 a few times. I really liked it, and could put a whole mag into the head of a target. I liked the safety for soldiers (maybe not the best for CCW). Smooth and easy to use, but I was 19 at the time and had barely ever shot a pistol.

I never served in the military myself, but I've shot a lot of different Berretta's including an actual military M9. But honestly, I actually preferred Taurus Beretta clones. For the most part they're pretty close in quality now-a-days, but I definitely prefer the slide mounted safety.

US 80% white ever again
HAHAHA

Attached: 1542921166698.jpg (900x1000, 344K)

Once the gibs run out and the economy finishes dying the browns will move on to the next group of gullible white people willing to hand out cash to placate their overwhelming sense of white guilt

>Eh, they could yank the auto-switches, but probably wont cause too much time/effort/bullshit

Oh, they certainly could. Most of the parts in them are interchangeable. Save the fire control group and the bolt carrier. And if I had my preference they would at least surplus them out as parts kits, save the restricted parts from the fire control parts. Well... I would obviously just prefer to get them WHOLE and un-altered, but you know... fucking ATF.

Then again, at the end of the day, AR-15s and parts kits are so damn cheap than you can get them for sub $400 anymore

>Surplus M9s

Maybe, but keep in mind they're mostly being replaced because they're worn out.

>M16A1s
They're NFA Class III, won't happen without legislation. I doubt LE agencies will be interested either unless they're absolutely dirt cheap, like

>m16's
none left and never because MG

>m9's

worn out and beat to shit, will be offered for sale 20 years from now maybe for $1200 a piece.

this is my current shortlist of 92 series guns worth a damn (excluding autistic collector's editions)
the 92A1 is honestly super underrated, as the M9A3 is getting all the attention.

Attached: Beretta92A1Tactical.jpg (1024x683, 320K)

I have seen surplus Baretta 92s used by Italian police forces, but they had the heel mag release instead of the thumb button. Same gun, tho.

We just had some extra range time and ammo one day, and the master sergeant said, "Hey, user, see if you can get 'em all in the head."

May have to compete with the """"refugees""" that are all the rage in """progressive""" first world countries now

>and the bolt carrier
A full auto BCG is neither restricted from civilian ownership nor incompatible with a semi auto FCG

Attached: 869D6FE2-7BBB-493E-9CD2-06CA2C209FF5.jpg (176x250, 15K)

Yes, i actually have one of those
Shoots really well after a nice deep cleaning

Attached: 20180815_130614.jpg (3264x2448, 2.47M)

Do want a Taurus PT92 for the 3 position safety.

Sweet user, can you tell us more? Where did you get it?

I like the M9. It was basically my primary weapon when I was an SFAT guy -- although the key there was having permission to carry with the safety off.

As a tanker I used it in training/garrison a lot as well. Ours were always well-maintained since they're pretty important personal weapons in tank companies and I never had a problem with them. It got the job done, although I wish the Army had used the switch to 9mm to field a modern expanding round (I know why they didn't, the reasoning is still bullshit).

That said, ordering a new batch of pistols is a good opportunity for a minor upgrade. There's a reason the 92FS never really took off on the civilian market despite the military contract, it's just a bit clunky. I own a Sig 2022 and its probably my favorite all-around pistol.

USAF small arms maint guy here.
Most M9s aren’t too worn out. If these went to civ sales, a new barrel and locking block would fix any issues you would have. The falling locking block is the only part I’ve ever seen break.

Typically the guns see 300 rounds a year, with about 600 through a sims barrel. Guys complain about them, but we have never met a military that wants the guns they have. The Czechs were complying about their 75 shadow, and Germans about the P8. These are good pistols that shoot great when you take care of them.

>A full auto BCG is neither restricted from civilian ownership nor incompatible with a semi auto FCG

Ahh, yeah. That's right. A semi auto BCG won't fit in an M16, but an M16 BCG can fit in an AR. But sure how well they work though, I've never tried it.

I didn't know what SFAT was, but that sounds like the most aggravating job ever to advise dipshits who are somehow even more retarded than fresh out of high school grunts.

Soldiers like to complain

Aim surplus
They got a bunch of used/surp for aale
I got mine when they bought up a bunch of the 92f's and sold em for like $200

I think they dont have anymore though

Anyway, DA trigger is a bit heavy and the breech face was dirty as fuck, like they only ever cleaned the outside, but the slide cycling is smooth as fuck

Yes they do, and it’s not unwarranted.

Saw them at ClassicFirearms. Around $300, I think.