Jow Forums First Aid/Medicine

Jow Forums First Aid/Medicine.

I have been buying up various cheap meds and first aid supplies from the walmart pharmacy for a home/bug in pharmacy/first aid kit.

I have found plenty of stupid 10 point lists of meds you should keep on hand in the home, is there an actually good resource for this though?

So far I have the 4 pain killers (aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and naproxen sodium. Some pink bismuth drink, motion sickness pills, antacid tablets, anti diarrhea drink, decongestants, antihistimines, eye drops and nasal spray.

i have purchased some bigger first aid kids so i have lots of bandaids, gauze, dressings, tape, gloves, scissors, tweezers, etc. but im really lacking in meds.

Attached: med organize.jpg (564x383, 40K)

what gumball is nigga? what it sound like?

Attached: 801d2f9c71686d32bf139425e0add7e7.jpg (700x2432, 316K)

dafuq is dis?
as for gumball, i have to assume thats the family dog.

What you have is a little list of OTC meds. No problems there.
Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) like Naproxen, Ibuprofen, etc aren’t exactly the same as Anti-pyretics like acetaminophen. NSAIDS have to be taken consistently over a period of time and used in conjunction with conservative treatments like RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) and stretches for musculoskeletal injuries whereas antipyretic meds can be more liberally used as a one-time fix (eg 650 acetaminophen + caffeine for a headache).

Comfort meds like pepto, Dramamine, etc are good to have but I’d swap the liquid pepto for charcoal tabs or more bismatrol tablets. Longer shelf life. Immediate fixes for present symptoms are something I would loom for more in injectable ondansetron, ranitidine, etc.

The things you’ve listed are more like a back peddling effort against symptoms that will go away on their own (mostly). Stuff for keeping the owies at bay is invaluable but I don’t think it’s everything you’re looking for.

You’re not far off but I want to know more about your physical intervention stock. I may be able to suggest places you’ve missed or suggest uses for what you’ve got.

What is this for, overall?

>>What is this for, overall?
like OP says, to keep a well stocked bug in home first aid and pharmacy selection. i always see medicine and first aid supplies listed on things you need to have for an emergency, and i didn't really have any so im stocking up on the $1-$4 things that look like they could be useful to me or people im with.

I have a spreadsheet with all pertiant information including drug info, costs, expirations.

I have been buying walmart pharmacy brand equate for a couple reasons. first off its the most inexpensive way to do this. i am buying te smallest bottles of drugs because i dont plan on using them, but i want them in case they are needed. 2nd is plain uniformity on the shelf. all the different drug brands have their own styling and graphics and shit, and the equate is a plain bottle with drug and use and name brand equivalent.

Regular Strength Acetaminophen Tylenol Regular Strength
Extra Strength Acetaminophen Extra Strength Tylenol Caplets
Aspirin Genuine Bayer Aspirin
Ibuprofen Advil Tablets
Naproxen Sodium Tablets Aleve Caplets
Naproxen Sodium Capsules Aleve
Extra Strength Headache Relief Excedrin Extra Strength Caplets

Medicated Body Powder Gold Bond Medicated Body Powder
Soothing Foot Powder Dr. Scholl’s Soothing Foot Powder

Extra Strength Cool & Heat Pain Relieving Cream Icy Hot Cream
Ultra Strength Pain Relieving Cream Ultra Strength Bengay
Max Strength Pain Relieving Cream Odor Free Aspercreme with 4% Lidocaine
Soothing Gel with Aloe ???
Beauty Advanced Healing Ointment Aquaphor Healing Ointment

Capsaicin Pain Relieving Patch Salonpas?
Menthol Pain Relieving Patch Salonpas?
Extra Strength Cool & Heat Medicated Patch Extra Strength Icy Hot Back Patch

formatting not the best, but each line is the generic name, and its name brand equivalent hope this one is better.

Regular Strength Acetaminophen--Tylenol Regular Strength
Extra Strength Acetaminophen--Extra Strength Tylenol Caplets
Aspirin--Genuine Bayer Aspirin
Ibuprofen--Advil Tablets
Naproxen Sodium Tablets --Aleve Caplets
Naproxen Sodium Capsules--Aleve
Extra Strength Headache Relief--Excedrin Extra Strength Caplets

Medicated Body Powder--Gold Bond Medicated Body Powder
Soothing Foot Powder--Dr. Scholl’s Soothing Foot Powder

Extra Strength Cool & Heat Pain Relieving Cream--Icy Hot Cream
Ultra Strength Pain Relieving Cream--Ultra Strength Bengay
Max Strength Pain Relieving Cream--Odor Free Aspercreme with 4% Lidocaine
Soothing Gel with Aloe--???
Beauty Advanced Healing Ointment--Aquaphor Healing Ointment

Capsaicin Pain Relieving Patch--Salonpas?
Menthol Pain Relieving Patch--Salonpas?
Extra Strength Cool & Heat Medicated Patch--Extra Strength Icy Hot Back Patch

I suffer from heartburn, so I wasn't afriad to expand out my heartburn selection. another reason i went with equate was i figured they not going to compete with themselves, but i was wrong. unless im missing something, the equate versions of max str mylanta, max str maalox, and maalox adv reg str are all the same!
Aluminum Hydroxide 400mg, Magnesium Hydroxide 400mg, Simethicone 40mg

Regular Strength Antacid--Tums Regular Strength
Sugar Free Extra Strength Antacid--Tums Sugar Free Extra Strength
Ultra Strength Antacid--Tums Ultra Strength
Extra Strength Antacid--Gaviscon Extra Strength
Ultra Strength Antacid Soft Chews --Tums Chewy Delights
Effervescent Antacid & Pain Relief--Alka-Seltzer Original
Maximum Strength Antacid--Maximum Strength Mylanta
Maximum Strength Antacid--Maximum Strength Maalox
Regular Strength Antacid--Maalox Advanced Regular Strength
Cimetidine--Tagamet HB 200
Maximum Strength Famotidine--Maximum Strength Pepcid AC
Maximum Strength Ranitidine--Zantac 150

You.Need.Fucking.Laxatives. If you get stopped up, it hurts like hell and can kill you.
Try getting some vitamins and such, no BS stuff.

the rest of my digestive stock. i have the pink stuff in liquid and pill already. the pill is really immediate?

Stomach Relief--Pepto-Bismol
Regular Strength Stomach Relief--Pepto-Bismol ???

Extra Strength Gas Relief--Gas-X Extra Strength

Maximum Strength Laxative--Ex-Lax Maximum Strength
Gentle Laxative--Dulcolax Laxative
Milk of Magnesia Wild Cherry--Philips Milk of Magnesia
Magnesium Citrate Cherry Flavor--???
Mineral Oil--???

Stool Softener--DulcoEase ???

Anti-Diarrheal--Imodium A-D
Loperamide Hydrochloride Oral Solution--Imodium A-D

Fast-Acting Motion Sickness Relief--Dramamine Tablets

Saw that, more wondering what you see yourself dealing with. Honestly, you’re doing more than the average dude but having done over your list (very helpful btw) I’m going to make some sweeping generic suggestions.
- learn common dosages and buy based on mg/pill as opposed to advertised “strength” eg: if you use Ibuprofen on a military aged male with some basic inflammation due to soft tissue injury, he’ll get 800mg PO 3xDay - 10days. Thus you should stock based on what you’re likely to use.

- download a quick reference guide like Medscape/PocketPharma and just tell them you’re a credentialed PA in general practice, this will give you the widest array of searchable info.

- heartburn/GERD/acid reflux minor et al suck and you’re not wrong to stock up extra but stick to what works and double it.

- ensure everyone’s prescription meds are stocked and snag some classes in antibiotics. They’re not as easy to get and they’re not generally the best to treat despite their ubiquitous use for common EENT/Derm complaints but it’s good knowledge to have and that’s what’s going to save you long term.

Finally, do you have pics of your classVIII? Gimme something to work with “stop holes” wise.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.22M)

nice B emoji patch

>- learn common dosages and buy based on mg/pill as opposed to advertised “strength”
ty for info.
>Thus you should stock based on what you’re likely to use.
i dont see any likely situations, as i said, its for emergencies/as needed. thats why im buying the smaller bottles of these things. if they get used up ill buy bigger next time.
>- download a quick reference guide like Medscape/PocketPharma and just tell them you’re a credentialed PA in general practice, this will give you the widest array of searchable info.
ty for info.
>- ensure everyone’s prescription meds are stocked
already done.
>and snag some classes in antibiotics. They’re not as easy to get and they’re not generally the best to treat despite their ubiquitous use for common EENT/Derm complaints but it’s good knowledge to have and that’s what’s going to save you long term.
I have done a little digging on antibiotics, and learned that fish and bird meds are where its at.
>ClassVIII
what?

>fish/bird meds
this is all i have after about 30 mins of research today. i saw the prices and got cold feet.

Antibiotic
Ampicillin 250mg 500mg--Fish Cillin, Fish Cillin Forte
Clindamycin 300mg--Fish-Cin
Doxycycline 100mg--Fish-Doxy, Bird-Biotic
Cephalexin 250mg 500mg--Fish Flex, Fish Flex Forte
Ciprofloxacin 250mg 500mg--Fish Flox, Fish Flox Forte
Minocycline Hydrochloride 50mg--Fish Min
Amoxicillin 250mg, 500mg--Fish-Mox, Fish-Mox Forte
Erythromycin 250mg--Fish Mycin
Penicillin 250mg, 500mg--Fish Pen, Fish Pen Forte
Sulfamethoxazole 400mg, Trimethoprin 80mg--Fish Sulfa, Fish Sulfa Forte, Bird-Sulfa
Metronidazole 250mg, 500mg--Fish Zole, Fish Zole Forte
Anti-Fungal
Fluconazole 100mg--Fish Flucon
Ketoconazole 200mg--Fish Fungus
Anti-Parasite
Praziquantel 34mg, 170mg--Fish Tapes, Fish Tapes Forte

If I knew expirations on meds better i might look at those further, but $15 for something ill only use if a doctor isnt available and will expire in 2 yrs is a lot.

You’re incorrect
If it ends in “illin” or “ycin” you’re looking at something that’ll piss off penicillin allergies. Some are good for killing simple bacteria - think a shotgun. Others like your “cyclene” can have more of a focused use. It’s all based on what bacteria are resistant to what formula. Get all the info and be careful. I’ve got some cheat sheets I’ve given out to my medics somewhere and I’ll post if I can find.

>ClassVIII
Expendable medical supplies: band-aids, tourniquets, gauze, ace wraps etc

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.45M)

no thats definitely a B emoji

fighting cock antibiotics and speed

Go be a nigger somewhere else

Attached: C682B601-9CE9-4C05-80DA-2E3C42337A40.jpg (460x570, 95K)

didnt you mean niBBer?

I go to Mexico to see family once a year and I always pick up a ton of prescription only stuff. Small town doctors will literally give you anything you ask for down there. Trying to smuggle in opioids might raise flags, but the drug sniffing dogs don't care about antibiotics.
Never had to use them, but in a real SHTF I feel like it will be important to have a stash.

>classVIII
aha.
ok. broke it just for you since youre dropping so many tidbits and nice pics.

at an old job they offered pre tax deduction flex medical spending. i set mine to i think $100, 2 years in a row. each year I picked out a big ass med kit on amazon. today i dumped them(and first aid kit from truck) out and inventoried everything.

5x Multi-Trauma Dressing 12"x30"
5x Bleedstop Bandage, 1x dyna-stopper
10x ABD Pad 5"x9", 2x combine pad
3x Conforming gauze 4"x4.1yd, 2x 3", 2x 2"
12x 2"x5yd Elastic bandage, 2x 6"
4x 40"x40"x56" Triangular bandage
1x 36" splint
2x latex tournaquets

some rubber gloves
cpr mouth piece
airway clearer
medical scissors

this is the "other" first aid bag(a backpack) with all the big ass shit and duplicate stuff already in the carry bag i do not expect to ever use.

the main first aid bag(like a small duffle bag, or a huge purse) has a ton of misc band aids, some gauze, tape, scissors, and some OLD single use wipes/creams.

Attached: IMG_20181125_203237.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

My medical expertise are very focused so what I carry will be different but I threw together this little list. You should have these stashed around + quadruple for your home kit.

Attached: 28449FD9-5A2D-49A7-B189-09AD1ADF2BFA.jpg (4032x3024, 2.09M)

It’ll look like this when you’re done.

Attached: D5EE772E-45B5-4506-B2A2-15495B48ADFD.jpg (2048x1536, 814K)

No he means Nigger. You welfare parasite nigger.

Training is stupid simple to get and if you’re working somewhere where a medical stipend is possible, throw it at getting your EMT-B or a TCCC course.

Low-effort

I have thought about EMT-B before in the past, id like the training but not the liability, if that makes sense.

There shouldn't be any liability if you aren't actually employed as an EMT, I would think.

Opioids are easily bought off the street here. 3-4$ a pill anywhere in the country. You can buy pretty much anything off the black market. I get ketamine by the case, all sealed in draw bottles. I use the same source to get other things for medical use such as lidocaine and morphine.

Honestly if you have the money you can get anything, without having to smuggle it in. Leave smuggling to the pros who just pay off port authority.

Attached: 1450234223660.jpg (350x314, 27K)

If you’re worried about a bug-in, would you rather have the knowledge or not? Don’t worry about the temperature of the water if you can’t already swim.

very nice kit. seems a little heavy for only moderately culturally-enriched suburban life.

Not my AO

Attached: FF30789F-80DD-4CE6-9929-54B1CDCB704F.jpg (960x720, 129K)

minneapolis?

My TSSI M9 bag looks very similar but it's not complete.
I've got
2 SOF-T Wides
Emt Shears
Gloves
2 H&H gauze
One hyfin chest seal (Need more have no money)
Two 14 Gauge catheters
NPA
1 Combat gauze not in the bag in my belt IFAK
cloth tap
I'll just put some pics in so you can kind of see. I know that Ibuprofen is a blood thinner and so is aspirin, so if someone is bleeding from a cut it's probably best not to give them that. Other minor details that get overlooked.

I have no hands on training but I do know a bit about this stuff and constantly trying to learn more. Due to some personal medical issues relating to my hearing I cannot join the military but I still indulge in gear/guns and medical stuff cause I have such an urge to partake in that sort of thing to scratch that itch.

I could still use a bunch of different things like triangle bandages, I need to tag more of my pouches, lanyard my shears, need some splints, and a couple more items but overall whatchu think?
And also is there any books/places I can learn more about medical things like this? Or stuff I could practice with?
Any pointers and help would be much appreciated.

Attached: IMG_2633.jpg (4032x3024, 2.49M)

Attached: IMG_2634.jpg (4032x3024, 2.73M)

Don't mean to steal your thread, just lurking bc I like Jow Forums med threads

Want to go to medic school in a year or so, been working on a rig for about 6 months. Any other employed medics here?

Ibuprofen is not a blood thinner, it’s an NSAID. If a person is bleeding hard enough to warrant that caution they need something stronger than ibuprofen, they’ll need an actual pain killer - something that either kills nerves or disconnects the brain and the body (opioids - dissociative agents like ketamine, fentanyl, etc)

I think “I know a bit about this stuff” is a death warrant. I think you need practical training. I know your bag is anemic, I know you’ll find more listings in literature like the Ranger Medic Handbook and I know that you can use google to find a TCCC course/emt study group/etc.

Elaborate: are you an EMT who wants to go to paramedic school? Are you an ambulance jockey who wants to join some military branch?

Attached: E0BD1AF2-4A7B-4C27-8A40-15A19229A004.jpg (2550x3300, 771K)

Attached: B3489EA9-0AD0-4F0A-B29A-0E90D51CBAD8.jpg (2550x3300, 836K)

Attached: 2D907010-40EF-4121-BBCE-6BAC6343AA83.jpg (2550x3300, 663K)

Attached: 047482F8-FE8F-46C6-86FA-E70BB71B724E.jpg (2550x3300, 635K)

Attached: A5DBDACC-BF1C-4B33-A597-17743B52AA95.jpg (2550x3300, 335K)

Go the route I went...Ive got All the basics plus 100-500mg Kflex and 100-100mg doxycycline on the antibiotic front... As well as 50ml of lidocaine ,a dozen or so suture kits, And a small amount(3 grams) of potent "Heroin"(actually mostly fentanyl), as well as your basic gun shot wound kit, blood stop granules, chest seals, tourniquets, etc.... And a small surgery kit(Scapelx2, forceps, tweezers,etc.) And am working toward bolstering it further everyday... Look up Doxycycline and its possible uses! It is a do everything kind of "antibiotic"

You sound like another person who doesn’t really know what you’re doing. I’m seeing all of this about sutures and surgery but what do you know about the complications? Do you have Naloxone/narcan for when you spill too much homemade fentanyl into their veins? How about when you cause a Bradycardic reaction because you just stabbed and started pumping that lidocaine? Or, my favorite, when you destroy someone’s immune system/gut flora etc because you just started throwing doxy at every cough because it’s a “do everything kind of ‘antibiotic’”

Why the fuck would you even put antibiotic is quotes?

Ohh yep definitely dog. Those pill bottles are identical to one ones his Px come in.

Where do you guys find your epi pens

Also where can I find iv bags without robbing a hospital....
Bump

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 13K)

Apologies, got a run of calls last night.

I'm an EMT looking to get into Paramedic school. Trying to get into a wildland fire academy too, so I can make the jump over to Fire and be on an engine after some exp on the line.

Are you a Batt medic or something? Wanted to go that route for a long time.

Attached: 1515626978100.jpg (1608x1200, 1.71M)

This