Best melee weapon for fighting predators such as wolves and bears when innawoods?

Best melee weapon for fighting predators such as wolves and bears when innawoods?

Attached: melee-weapons-3d-model-low-poly-fbx.jpg (500x500, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landsknecht#Tactics_and_equipment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanbatō
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

my dick

One of those pole chainsaws, but with some blades attached to the sides so you can thrust.

spear. duh.

boar spear

This. Problem is that it's cumbersome and heavy.

A spear. Extremely deadly, one of mankind's greatest weapons ever made, excellent for hunting and self defense against beasts.

lightning claws

A rifle with a bayonet

This.
I remember seeing a hunting spear meant for bears from the middle ages, it had a little shield on it

So... a spear?

A worst spear considering its three times the weight and at least a foot shorter, also unbalanced as hell.

A spear? Our ancestors used spears against everything from saber tooth tigers to mammoths.

it bugs me how in The Predator (2018) the first yacht has some sort of auto-defence weapons in his bracer and helmet which apparently react and kill attackers without any intent from the wearer.

why would predators make honourless weapons like that?

Yeah a spear with a rifle attachment

So... a fire lance?

Attached: 梨花鎗.jpg (303x386, 38K)

any pointy stick

MORE WINE

Please don't use a melee weapon against wild animals unless you want to end up as bear food...

please do not post in a wolf-punching thread if you have only the tiny testicles of a woman

you need at least four people
Pike square formation or English Infantry Square
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landsknecht#Tactics_and_equipment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanbatō

>Best melee weapon for fighting predators such as wolves and bears
Germans use boar spears (Saufeder).
Russians used to hunt bears with spears as well
People used to tell stories about hunting bears with guns and large knives (picrelated is pre-WWI Diana bear knife by Yegor Samsonov), but I highly doubt that.

Attached: jan10 990.jpg (1200x800, 301K)

Probably a spear, though I would like to see how my favorite melee would do

Attached: DC7FC175-D03A-46DD-B66D-A06C2AACDD6F.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Only if you have girly arms.

A tame bear.

Only a good guy with a bear can stop a bad bear

Realistically, what are a person's chances against both a lone grey wolf or a mountain lion if the person is unarmed or else armed with only a large rock? The goal need not be to kill the animal, but only to drive it off. Neither Animal takes you by surprise and you have time to brace for the attack.

Maybe I'm just overconfident, but I'm pretty sure I could beat a single wolf provided it didn't just overwhelm me and knock me to the ground. The mountain lion would murder me though.

GODS I WAS STRONG THEN

/Thread

Attached: Screenshot_20181126-081313~2.png (1367x1074, 1.03M)

Wolves are almost never alone

You've got to fuck the alpha wolf, then you become the alpha.

>lone grey wolf
It's like a dog, but more afraid of people.
Yell at it and throw rocks, it will fuck off.
That is if it hasn't already before you even knew it was there.
>mountain lion
You done fucked now, even provided that it doesn't surprise you by dropping on you and biting into your neck.
Best chance would probably be to try to look as big as possible and make a shit ton of noise.
Cats can sometimes thrown off from their attack if they don't think they have the surprise advantage, but if it simply doesn't give a shit you're pretty fucked.

This one is socially awkward, hence none of the other wolves want to hang out with him.

Any man ought to be able to beat up one wolf. They only weigh about 100lbs on average, 140 is an ENORMOUS wolf (inb4 10 retards talking about 200lb wolves). Cougars are quite a bit larger and better in-fighters thanks to those claws, but they're so skittish it's hard to imagine them doing anything but jumping you from behind. I've seen a couple and they bolted when I yelled at them. They really don't even jump men much, more likely to go after your kids and pets.

What about a guy's chances against a fucking angry as balls wolverine or a whitetail buck that's decided to make a name for himself by impaling you on his antlers.

Chainsword

>the tiny testicles of a woman
What women have you been seeing user?

You have to remember, predators aren't honor-bound klingons, they are big game hunters with a slightly more tribal society, just like some huntard from Alabama will use modern survival tech, carry a .44 for bears, and yet still use a compound bow for hunting deer. The predators using auto-targeting plasma weapons when they decide to kill, rather than hunt. It's only when their target impresses them that they decide to show honor. It also depends on how old the predator is, since they get frustrated easily.

Kick the wolverine and I've never once seen a deer that doesn't immediately bolt as soon as they are aware of you so I don't even know how you'd fuck up bad enough to get injured by one unless approaching an already injured deer thrashing about. I'd be way more worried about moose, mostly just while driving though.

His dick